Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If Earvin Johnson was playing high school hoops in Lansing today, would Izzo be able to get him to go to MSU?

+9
Herbie Green
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
duffy munn
Turtleneck
Death Roe
DWags
Giant Moose
13 posters

Go down

If Earvin Johnson was playing high school hoops in Lansing today, would Izzo be able to get him to go to MSU? Empty If Earvin Johnson was playing high school hoops in Lansing today, would Izzo be able to get him to go to MSU?

Post by Giant Moose 2016-02-18, 09:08

Discuss.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

If Earvin Johnson was playing high school hoops in Lansing today, would Izzo be able to get him to go to MSU? Empty Re: If Earvin Johnson was playing high school hoops in Lansing today, would Izzo be able to get him to go to MSU?

Post by DWags 2016-02-18, 09:09

Puppy baby monkey.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

If Earvin Johnson was playing high school hoops in Lansing today, would Izzo be able to get him to go to MSU? Empty Re: If Earvin Johnson was playing high school hoops in Lansing today, would Izzo be able to get him to go to MSU?

Post by Death Roe 2016-02-18, 09:12

Taking my cat to the vet in a bit, then heading to TireRack to get some new tires installed.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-18, 09:12

DWags wrote:Puppy baby monkey.

If Earvin Johnson was playing high school hoops in Lansing today, would Izzo be able to get him to go to MSU? 502811600

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-02-18, 09:13

DWags wrote:Puppy baby monkey.

We all need to reply to GM with this post.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-02-18, 09:13

No. He would go to Duke. Carolina or Kentucky.

Regards,

the usual suspects
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-18, 09:15

duffy munn wrote:No. He would go to Duke. Carolina or Kentucky.

Regards,

the usual suspects

Puppy baby monkey.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-02-18, 09:15

duffy munn wrote:No. He would go to Duke. Carolina or Kentucky.

Regards,

the usual suspects

Duff, just ignore them.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-18, 09:17

I had a dream last night where I came up with this awesome new food idea. A Pizza Pot Pie. You take your pizza ingredients and put them in a pie dish. It was the best thing ever. Everyone loved it. I woke up and thought, "That's a deep dish pizza you fucking idiot." Then I made some coffee.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-02-18, 09:19

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I had a dream last night where I came up with this awesome new food idea. A Pizza Pot Pie. You take your pizza ingredients and put them in a pie dish. It was the best thing ever. Everyone loved it. I woke up and thought, "That's a deep dish pizza you fucking idiot." Then I made some coffee.

Calzone?
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-18, 09:20

Death Roe wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I had a dream last night where I came up with this awesome new food idea. A Pizza Pot Pie. You take your pizza ingredients and put them in a pie dish. It was the best thing ever. Everyone loved it. I woke up and thought, "That's a deep dish pizza you fucking idiot." Then I made some coffee.

Calzone?

If Earvin Johnson was playing high school hoops in Lansing today, would Izzo be able to get him to go to MSU? BT0508_Deep-Dish-Pizza

Not that much breading, basically this.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-18, 09:25

Puppy monkey baby like deep dish.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-18, 09:28

hasn't he pretty much gotten all Lansing-area kids he's wanted?

Marcus, Denzel, eventually Bryn.. my guess is that Brandon Johns is leaning that way.

I always thought the kid that played at Eastern and went to Providence - LaDontae Henton - could've played at a slightly higher level. Was a slashing guard, very explosive but probably a bit of a tweener in terms of size.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-02-18, 09:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:hasn't he pretty much gotten all Lansing-area kids he's wanted?

Marcus, Denzel, eventually Bryn.. my guess is that Brandon Johns is leaning that way.

I always thought the kid that played at Eastern and went to Providence - LaDontae Henton - could've played at a slightly higher level. Was a slashing guard, very explosive but probably a bit of a tweener in terms of size

This is the correct answer. Thanks, Bob.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-18, 09:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:hasn't he pretty much gotten all Lansing-area kids he's wanted?

I always thought the kid that played at Eastern and went to Providence - LaDontae Henton - could've played at a slightly higher level. Was a slashing guard, very explosive but probably a bit of a tweener in terms of size.

Bob, your account has been hacked.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-18, 09:30

Izzo would have kept him for 4 years by stunting his development.

--scUM slappies
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-18, 09:30

Turtleneck wrote:

Bob, your account has been hacked.
If Earvin Johnson was playing high school hoops in Lansing today, would Izzo be able to get him to go to MSU? 1550444538

jesus.. abortion.. gun nuts.. music snob.. public prayer.. AMERICA!!!!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-18, 09:30

Giant Moose wrote:

I always thought the kid that played at Eastern and went to Providence - LaDontae Henton - could've played at a slightly higher level. Was a slashing guard, very explosive but probably a bit of a tweener in terms of size

This is the correct answer. Thanks, Bob.

The correct answer was not answering your question? Weird.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-02-18, 09:51

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-02-18, 09:54

Henton was a beast. All Big East. Izzo might have screwed that one up.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-02-18, 09:54

The dog is having breakfast. I'm next.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-02-18, 09:54

If Earvin Johnson was playing high school hoops in Lansing today, would Izzo be able to get him to go to MSU? Tumblr_lk9rhkiqLt1qcn3o7o1_1280-560x390
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-02-18, 09:55

And puppy baby monkey.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-18, 09:57

Herbie Green wrote:

Henton was a beast. All Big East. Izzo might have screwed that one up.
he was fun to watch in high school. Didn't watch him much at Providence.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-18, 10:06

Do you guys think Dantonio could have landed Randy Kinder?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-18, 10:11

Turtleneck wrote:Do you guys think Dantonio could have landed Randy Kinder?
Jeff Smith is a scummer.. would've guided Kinder anywhere but MSU.

GO GREEN!!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-18, 10:12

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Jeff Smith is a scummer.. would've guided Kinder anywhere but MSU.

GO GREEN!!

Is he the football coach?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-18, 10:19

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Jeff Smith is a scummer.. would've guided Kinder anywhere but MSU.

GO GREEN!!

Is he the football coach?
he was at the time.

(actually a very good guy but he played at scUM... I just wanted to play the insecure MSU fan for a minute).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-02-18, 10:20

I think the OP had a good question and my feeling is yes for the same reasons. MSU has rarely lost a player out of its own backyard.

The landscape of recruiting has definitely changed, I suppose we could go back and think of all sorts of players we'd land or lose but I don't think it would change very many things.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-02-18, 10:21

Best high school football player I ever saw. He would have been a big time star at MSU. George would have given him the ball 35 times a game.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-02-18, 10:28

Can we get back to posting pictures of pizza pies?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-02-18, 10:30

I firmly think if there wasn't uncertainty at MSU during his time of recruitment he would have gone Green.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-18, 10:31

duffy munn wrote:

Best high school football player I ever saw. He would have been a big time star at MSU. George would have given him the ball 35 times a game.
I wasn't living here at the time but it seems like everyone is in agreement that he's probably the best player to ever come out of mid-Michigan.

I played against Carl Pickens in high school.. dude was an athlete unlike any other. Especially to all of us country-bumpkin' hillbillies.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-02-18, 10:31

duffy munn wrote:

Yeah, I think he f'd up going to ND.

BTW, didn't he get in trouble down there? MY memory is foggy, but I thought he was found passed out on campus or something like that. At ND that would be a big deal that could cost you on the fb team, at MSU in the 90's that was the norm.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-18, 10:33

steveschneider wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Yeah, I think he f'd up going to ND.

BTW, didn't he get in trouble down there? MY memory is foggy, but I thought he was found passed out on campus or something like that. At ND that would be a big deal that could cost you on the fb team, at MSU in the 90's that was the norm.
that explains why we cooled on him.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-02-18, 11:12

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/12/06/sports/football-notebook-it-s-plain-on-holtz-s-face-notre-dame-is-for-life.html

Here's a link on Kinder at ND.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-02-18, 11:14

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1995-12-08/sports/9512080209_1_kinder-notre-dame-behavior

Another.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-18, 11:15

Giant Moose wrote:Can we get back to posting pictures of pizza pies?

If Earvin Johnson was playing high school hoops in Lansing today, would Izzo be able to get him to go to MSU? Chicago-style-deep-dish-spinach-pizza-36861-ss

Could I get a little pizza with my crust? Jesus Christ!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-18, 11:17

If Earvin Johnson was playing high school hoops in Lansing today, would Izzo be able to get him to go to MSU? Troll_thread
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-18, 11:19

If Earvin Johnson was playing high school hoops in Lansing today, would Izzo be able to get him to go to MSU? Tumblr_mghlfuodK01rjf826o1_400
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down