Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would Izzo have called timeout last night if he was coaching UNC?

+5
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
steveschneider
Giant Moose
NigelUno
9 posters

Go down

Would Izzo have called timeout last night if he was coaching UNC? Empty Would Izzo have called timeout last night if he was coaching UNC?

Post by NigelUno 2016-02-18, 10:18

I think he would have.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Would Izzo have called timeout last night if he was coaching UNC? Empty Re: Would Izzo have called timeout last night if he was coaching UNC?

Post by Giant Moose 2016-02-18, 10:24

I want Izzo to become the first coach to simultaneously lose to both Duke and UNC. C'mon, Hollis, make it happen.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Would Izzo have called timeout last night if he was coaching UNC? Empty Re: Would Izzo have called timeout last night if he was coaching UNC?

Post by steveschneider 2016-02-18, 10:26

NigelUno wrote:I think he would have.

didn't watch the game. I could google the situation but for the sake of discussion, could you tell me what happened in the game?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-02-18, 10:28

I didn't even think that UNC had a timeout. I know they said it on the telecast, but I didn't see below that they had one left.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-02-18, 10:34

InTenSity wrote:I didn't even think that UNC had a timeout. I know they said it on the telecast, but I didn't see below that they had one left.

I think they had 3.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-18, 10:35

Giant Moose wrote:I want Izzo to become the first coach to simultaneously lose to both Duke and UNC. C'mon, Hollis, make it happen.
only if we can do it on an aircraft carrier being pulled by an armored tank across the deserts of Pakistan.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-02-18, 10:36

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:I think he would have.

didn't watch the game. I could google the situation but for the sake of discussion, could you tell me what happened in the game?

UNC had the ball late.  Didn't get a time out to get the ball in the hands of their best player.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/02/18/roy-williams-is-sorry-for-not-calling-timeout-in-uncs-loss-to-duke/

Last edited by NigelUno on 2016-02-18, 10:40; edited 2 times in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-02-18, 10:36

Giant Moose. Check.
Bob. Check.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-02-18, 10:37

NigelUno wrote:
InTenSity wrote:I didn't even think that UNC had a timeout. I know they said it on the telecast, but I didn't see below that they had one left.

I think they had 3.
You're right. They didn't call a TO the whole game.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-18, 10:37

NigelUno wrote:Giant Moose. Check.
Bob. Check.

I appreciate you recognizing that my opinion is valuable and deserves to be heard.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-02-18, 10:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Bob. Check.

I appreciate you recognizing that my opinion is valuable and deserves to be heard.
Would Izzo have called timeout last night if he was coaching UNC? 502811600
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-02-18, 10:41

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Bob. Check.

Except, you didn't really have an opinion on the subject matter.

So, I'm not really recognizing that.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-02-18, 10:43

I think this whole premise is a little ridiculous. With Izzo's record against Duke, would UNC really have hired him?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-18, 10:45

Probably. He normally always does. Except he didn't at the end of the Purdue game--out of character for him and it resulted in a fade away three pointer when all we needed was 2 to win.

Roy doesn't call a timeout last night and it results in UNC throwing up an air ball.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-02-18, 10:53

Giant Moose wrote:I think this whole premise is a little ridiculous. With Izzo's record against Duke, would UNC really have hired him?

What was Roy's record against Duke while at Kansas?

How many Final Fours at Kansas?

How many National Championships at Kansas?

Take your time with these questions. Or just tuck your tail and run.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-02-18, 10:55

NigelUno wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:I think this whole premise is a little ridiculous. With Izzo's record against Duke, would UNC really have hired him?

You ask way too many questions. I don't really want to do research reports on every single coach in basketball. Izzo loses a lot to Duke. That was the point not something else.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-02-18, 10:56

In these tight game situations I always ask myself "What would Izzo do?" Because we're so good at pulling off those final seconds wins.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-18, 10:59

Vlad wrote:In these tight game situations I always ask myself "What would Izzo do?" Because we're so good at pulling off those final seconds wins.

Would Izzo have called timeout last night if he was coaching UNC? 1165525128
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-02-18, 11:00

Giant Moose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You ask way too many questions. I don't really want to do research reports on every single coach in basketball. Izzo loses a lot to Duke. That was the point not something else.

You chose option B.

Noted.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-02-18, 11:01

Moose. Check.
Bob. Check.
Vlad. Check.
The Dude. Check.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-02-18, 11:09

I've seen situations where he just lets it go, and others where he's called TO. Can't remember the game, but last year he didn't call a TO and took some heat. That being said, I think they got the play that they wanted.

And then wasn't there one where one of our guards had a clear break away towards the end of the game and he called a TO that negated a very likely  dunk?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-18, 11:17

Giant Moose wrote:I want Izzo to become the first coach to simultaneously lose to both Duke and UNC. C'mon, Hollis, make it happen.

Like a split squad game they do in spring training?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-02-18, 11:22

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Like a split squad game they do in spring training?
That would be pretty cool. We should do it outdoors at Joker Marchant Stadium in Lakeland.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-02-18, 11:38

NigelUno wrote:Moose. Check.
Bob. Check.
Vlad. Check.
The Dude. Check.

I just want to point out that you really suck at ignoring posters, like you claim you do. You're just really, really bad at it. And I thank you.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-02-18, 11:44

http://fansided.com/2016/02/17/twitter-rips-roy-williams-for-not-calling-timeout/

HNIC @BigGuwap56
Ok time to fire Roy Williams been way to long since he won a championship and we talkin bout UNC basketball its big expectations he's not it
11:26 PM - 17 Feb 2016
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-18, 12:51

NigelUno wrote:Moose. Check.
Bob. Check.
Vlad. Check.
The Dude. Check.

puppy
Monkey
baby
wolvie
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down