GAME OF THRONES Season 6!!

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: GAME OF THRONES Season 6!!

Post by Turtleneck on 2016-05-30, 06:30

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yes. I only watched 30 min. I have more patience than this, but I can just tell. Genre is a turn off, accent equals what the fuck you talkin bout Willis. Just not my scene.

Chuck Norris fights Dennis Rodman's evil twin in the next episode.
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2016-05-30, 12:10

apparently there was an ep last night?? I thought they don't fuck with holiday weekends?
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2016-05-30, 13:38

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:apparently there was an ep last night?? I thought they don't fuck with holiday weekends?
They're running each week this year. It's the first time they've ever done something like this.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2016-05-30, 16:37

God damn I love khalessi
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2016-05-30, 16:53

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:apparently there was an ep last night?? I thought they don't fuck with holiday weekends?

They fucked
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2016-05-30, 16:56

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:God damn I love khalessi

I'd like to see more screen time for crazy king Targaryn.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2016-05-30, 16:58

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yes. I only watched 30 min. I have more patience than this, but I can just tell. Genre is a turn off, accent equals what the fuck you talkin bout Willis. Just not my scene.

I'm the same but gave it more time and watch regularly now... Although helps that all my friends watch. Still never got into Lord of the rings or any other knights/dragons/wizards/hobbits stuff
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2016-06-20, 00:33

Cleveland may have won the NBA title but holy shit was that satisfying.
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2016-06-20, 08:02

The battle was pretty good, but I wouldn't say it was one of the most memorable episodes. Littlefinger and his army showing up right when it looks like the Boltons are going to win was pretty cliche.

Would have liked to have seen Ramsey getting munched on a bit more, but that's ok. Looks like the show has a position open for new crazy bad guy.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2016-06-20, 10:36

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:The battle was pretty good, but I wouldn't say it was one of the most memorable episodes. Littlefinger and his army showing up right when it looks like the Boltons are going to win was pretty cliche.

Would have liked to have seen Ramsey getting munched on a bit more, but that's ok. Looks like the show has a position open for new crazy bad guy.

Joffrey, Ramsey, ????
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2016-06-20, 10:40

Turtleneck wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:The battle was pretty good, but I wouldn't say it was one of the most memorable episodes. Littlefinger and his army showing up right when it looks like the Boltons are going to win was pretty cliche.

Joffrey, Ramsey, ????

Uncle Whatshisnuts who is trying to kill Theon and his lesbian sister?
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude on 2016-06-20, 12:48

Man, the buildup with the dogs before Ramseys death was amazing. Seeing the dog in the shadow will his droool pouring out of his mouth...and then licking the blood off his face before devouring him. Twisted Evil
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2016-06-20, 12:57

never seen it.

Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2016-06-20, 13:17

Robert J Sakimano wrote:never seen it.

Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2016-06-20, 13:22

Hardhome was the best episode ever IMO. Tormound smashing that dude with is club right out of the gate set the tone.

This episode was really good. Pretty amazing battle scenes/build up for a TV show. That director just gets it (unlike the one who did the previous episode with Arya). Ramsey luring Jon in with Rickon, the headless guy on the horse, fighting on a pile of bodies and Jon almost getting buried in said pile, etc.... little shit that separates itself from a run of the mill battle scene.

Yeah the Vale coming to save the day was predictable and a bit cheesy (neither side had scouts out to see them coming?). But even their arrival smashing into the Boltons with their horses was fucking sweet good.
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2016-06-20, 13:25

...I didn't even mind Dany flying around on her dragon so much this time. Still my least favorite scenes, but her asking for their surrender instead of hers (straight out of a Bridge to Far BTW) and then opening a can of whoop ass was pretty sweet. Then of course Tyrion driving the nail home with his speech.
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2016-06-20, 13:32

Nordic wrote:...I didn't even mind Dany flying around on her dragon so much this time.  Still my least favorite scenes, but her asking for their surrender instead of hers (straight out of a Bridge to Far BTW) and then opening a can of whoop ass was pretty sweet.  Then of course Tyrion driving the nail home with his speech.

Yeah, if that's going to become a regular thing she needs to get a seat belt or something.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 on 2016-06-20, 13:35

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/19/game-thrones-battle-director
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2016-06-20, 14:21

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Nordic wrote:...I didn't even mind Dany flying around on her dragon so much this time.  Still my least favorite scenes, but her asking for their surrender instead of hers (straight out of a Bridge to Far BTW) and then opening a can of whoop ass was pretty sweet.  Then of course Tyrion driving the nail home with his speech.

Yeah, if that's going to become a regular thing she needs to get a seat belt or something.

Guessing she gets "horned in"

pulling69 wrote:http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/19/game-thrones-battle-director

I think that this section of the fight — in which Jon is almost buried alive by a stampede of panicking wildings — turned out as one of my favorite little moments in the sequence. No VFX, no fighting, just Kit giving a stellar performance and a crazy top shot as he pushes his way back out (we affectionately called it the “rebirthing” shot). The other reason I liked it is because of what it meant to be allowed to follow my gut and go for it. That kind of trust you can’t buy and it felt like a privilege to have been given that kind of support to go into unchartered territory by the producers in such a high stakes game.

That scene was awesome.  I thought he was done for.
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake on 2016-06-20, 14:27

Nordic wrote:

Hardhome was the best episode ever IMO. Tormound smashing that dude with is club right out of the gate set the tone.

This episode was really good. Pretty amazing battle scenes/build up for a TV show. That director just gets it (unlike the one who did the previous episode with Arya). Ramsey luring Jon in with Rickon, the headless guy on the horse, fighting on a pile of bodies and Jon almost getting buried in said pile, etc.... little shit that separates itself from a run of the mill battle scene.

Yeah the Vale coming to save the day was predictable and a bit cheesy (neither side had scouts out to see them coming?). But even their arrival smashing into the Boltons with their horses was fucking sweet good.

The Boltons knew about the Knights of the Vale but had no idea they intended to assist the Starks. Also the Knights of the Vale came from nearby Moat Cailin which is notoriously difficult territory for enemies due to Howland Reed and the Crannogmen that inhabit the region.
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2016-06-21, 10:37

AnomanderRake wrote:
Nordic wrote:

The Boltons knew about the Knights of the Vale but had no idea they intended to assist the Starks. Also the Knights of the Vale came from nearby Moat Cailin which is notoriously difficult territory for enemies due to Howland Reed and the Crannogmen that inhabit the region.
I think Sansa planned it this way as well. She knew that Ramsay was going to do something to trap Jon. They may have been a little bit late, but if they show up before all of Ramsay's troops surround Jon's, then it wouldn't work.
I know that a lot of people seem bored with Dany's story, but I thought this week, she finally joined the game of thrones. Making the deal with Theon and Yara shows she is starting to make steps towards learning how to be political. I'm sure the finale is going to show her landing in Westerosi with her army. That will probably be the final scene of the season. That and the wall falling as the dead army moves south.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude on 2016-06-21, 10:46

So, uh, is Dorne just gone then?
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2016-06-21, 10:49

The_Dude wrote:So, uh, is Dorne just gone then?
Yes. It will play a bigger part in the books, but I have to believe, at this point the showrunners decided to take it out. Too much story that would be difficult to explain with the time and budget they have. Just focus on what is going on everywhere else. The only chance I'd think of bringing back Dorne, is if that is where they land Dany.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2016-06-21, 11:14

InTenSity wrote:
The_Dude wrote:So, uh, is Dorne just gone then?
Yes. It will play a bigger part in the books, but I have to believe, at this point the showrunners decided to take it out. Too much story that would be difficult to explain with the time and budget they have. Just focus on what is going on everywhere else. The only chance I'd think of bringing back Dorne, is if that is where they land Dany.

They've been spot on for casting for the most part. But the Dorne actors almost across the board kinda suck.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2016-06-21, 21:07

THE PERFECT 'GAME OF THRONES' CHARACTER FOR EACH STATE
https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/best-game-of-thrones-characters-for-each-state-in-the-usa
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2016-06-21, 21:40

Kind of sick that Jon snow gets to do whatever he wants no matter how stupid and he just gets to keep living.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude on 2016-06-21, 22:30

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Kind of sick that Jon snow gets to do whatever he wants no matter how stupid and he just gets to keep living.

He is the chosen one
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2016-06-21, 23:22

Such an epic shot
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2016-06-22, 00:04

The_Dude wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Kind of sick that Jon snow gets to do whatever he wants no matter how stupid and he just gets to keep living.

He is the chosen one

Keep your nerdy ass Star Wars shit out of this walvie.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake on 2016-06-22, 08:18

He has to learn from his mistakes eventually....right!?
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2016-06-26, 21:57

Bump
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2016-06-26, 22:30

God damn, that's how you wrap up a season.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2016-06-26, 23:25

Great ep!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2016-06-26, 23:33

The Izzone needs Lyanna Mormont.
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2016-06-26, 23:50

Turtleneck wrote:The Izzone needs Lyanna Mormont.

She's great.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2016-06-27, 08:14

It was unfortunate this chick got blown up though. :(
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2016-06-27, 10:19

Very unfortunate pylon. I loved her.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine on 2016-06-27, 12:27

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Very unfortunate pylon. I loved her.
Don't go jumping off buildings over it.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude on 2016-06-27, 12:46

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

He is the chosen one

Keep your nerdy ass Star Wars shit out of this walvie.

The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2016-06-30, 19:37

I'm catching up briskly. Have burned through about 15 episodes in the last 3 days. I'm wrapping up season 4 tonight.

I've had watery pea soup, it's AWFUL.
Uh, I've had gelatinous, thick pea soup, it's TERRIBLE.
Pea soup, much like clam chowder, needs to have that consistency first, that you can stand the spoon up in it, but the spoon soon tilts, that's the consistency you want.
Number two: Uh, pea soup on it's own can be a little bland. It wants, uh, a fairly aggressive peppering and salting.
Number three: Pea soup needs a fine dice of ham. Not bacon, not any other meat, not turkey. It needs a fine dice of ham.
Uh, number four: Uh, pea soup scorches easily. You don't wanna heat it on a high heat. You wanna heat it on medium low, just until it's warmed through.
Uh, number five: Pea soup is best made, uh, by hand, not out of a Campbell's can. And the key to pea soup, you want a ham bone, uh, for the stock you make, uh, to, to boil your peas.
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum