General MSU thread

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

General MSU thread - Page 12 Empty Re: General MSU thread

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2019-02-28, 15:56

tGreenWay wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I remember hearing about this. It was a few years before I was on campus. I always thought it was the same group that was responsible for the fire at Two Elk Lodge at Vail but I guess that was the Earth Liberation Front.

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2017/02/23/25-years-later-admitted-ecoterrorist-discusses-firebombing-msu/98059752/

Yeah, the Animal Liberation Front took responsibility for the Anthony Hall firebomb & mink farm damage, but it was the Earth Liberation Front who claimed responsibility for torching Ag Hall (now Morrill) on New Year’s Eve 1999. Sidenote: For all the fear globally about the possibility of terrorism that night (because of Y2K-inspired acts and panic), the MSU Ag Hall fire was the only place in the world where there actually was a terrorist act conducted.
usually the longer the name, the more f'd up it is.

for instance:

Fiji: beautiful rugged country, known for it's palm-lined beaches.

The People's Democratic Republican of the Congo: Get the fuck out. Now.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2019-02-28, 17:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Yeah, the Animal Liberation Front took responsibility for the Anthony Hall firebomb & mink farm damage, but it was the Earth Liberation Front who claimed responsibility for torching Ag Hall (now Morrill) on New Year’s Eve 1999. Sidenote: For all the fear globally about the possibility of terrorism that night (because of Y2K-inspired acts and panic), the MSU Ag Hall fire was the only place in the world where there actually was a terrorist act conducted.

for instance:

Not always. I like visiting the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations.
Conversely, it was a pretty crappy existence for the flying monkeys in Oz.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2019-02-28, 17:12

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

for instance:

Not always. I like visiting the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations.
Conversely, it was a pretty crappy existence for the flying monkeys in Oz.
East Lansing: land of hedonism and couch burning.

Mio: grandfatherly bakers of pie.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2019-02-28, 17:33

General MSU thread - Page 12 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2019-02-28, 17:40

tGreenWay wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I remember hearing about this. It was a few years before I was on campus. I always thought it was the same group that was responsible for the fire at Two Elk Lodge at Vail but I guess that was the Earth Liberation Front.

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2017/02/23/25-years-later-admitted-ecoterrorist-discusses-firebombing-msu/98059752/

Too many Liberation Fronts to keep straight.  At least the Palestinians made theirs an organization (or whatever the O stands for) instead of a front.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2019-02-28, 18:27

MiamiSpartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Too many Liberation Fronts to keep straight.  At least the Palestinians made theirs an organization (or whatever the O stands for) instead of a front.
I, for one, am determined to make certain that my backside stays very much unliberated.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2019-02-28, 18:58

tGreenWay wrote:

Filled this in TIL today section of my brain. Thanks greenway
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway on 2019-03-07, 13:20

It seems like there are many who think that MSU should conduct an open search for the new President, as detailed in the State News.

https://statenews.com/article/2019/02/perspectives-on-closed-vs-open-msu-presidential-search

Seriously, how many qualified candidates do you think would want to go through an open search process; presuming they all currently employed at another institution in a top level position. While I understand calling for transparency, in this case I think it would severely limit the number and quality of the candidates who would be willing to interview.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway on 2019-03-08, 12:16

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/08/politics/air-force-secretary-resigning/index.html

Last line in the story makes me think General MSU thread - Page 12 4113017228
The official said Wilson will be named president of a major university. Prior to joining the Trump administration Wilson was president of the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology. wrote:

If she does become President of MSU - just remember you heard it from me first, and on tSwill before anywhere else.
One of tswill twitter posters feel free to tweet this pure speculation out to the masses.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2019-06-10, 10:34

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down