Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Improved I'm so winning MegaMillions/PowerBall thread!!!

+31
steveschneider
MiamiSpartan
Death Roe
TheReal_LWS
InTenSity
SawGreen
aualum06
Tim Wakefield
tGreenWay
MSU addict
I.B. Fine
DWags
loogoldham
Dendrobates
Floyd Robertson
pulling69
WhiteBoyHatcher
NigelUno
Izzo Court
kingstonlake
Jake from State Farm
tanfan!
SpartanInNH
Robert J Sakimano
CORNER BLITZ
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
The Pantry
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
35 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The New Improved I'm so winning MegaMillions/PowerBall thread!!! - Page 10 Empty Re: The New Improved I'm so winning MegaMillions/PowerBall thread!!!

Post by Rocinante Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 17:33

Mega Millions is 1.6 B tonight. Swillers gonna be ballin?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The New Improved I'm so winning MegaMillions/PowerBall thread!!! - Page 10 Empty Re: The New Improved I'm so winning MegaMillions/PowerBall thread!!!

Post by Death Roe Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 17:35

Bought my tickets. I'm ready to throw them away in a few hours.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 17:36

Rocinante wrote:Mega Millions is 1.6 B tonight. Swillers gonna be ballin?

Come on, Mega Millions, daddy wants a giant Spartan statue!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 17:43

Why hasn't it gone up since Saturday morning? The big jackpots usually grow each day between drawings as people buy tons of tickets. Did they just cap the growth or something? It pisses me off, because I was really counting on having a cool billion after I take the lump sum AND after taxes, but I needed that to get up around 2.5 billion or more.

I'm going to have to cut back on my plans now.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 17:50

Didn’t buy any. Feel like it’s a waste of money and all it does is create false hope.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 18:14

steveschneider wrote:Didn’t buy any. Feel like it’s a waste of money and all it does is create false hope.

I buy exactly one ticket when the booty goes over $100m in either of the two lotterys. I have zero expectation of winning, however, I get a lot of enjoyment daydreaming of the things I could do with that money, so for $2, it’s worth it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 18:16

steveschneider wrote:Didn’t buy any. Feel like it’s a waste of money and all it does is create false hope.

This guy knows how to party.

The New Improved I'm so winning MegaMillions/PowerBall thread!!! - Page 10 NhYqqsq
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 18:18

Kind of like organized religion Steve.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 18:26

I bought $10 worth and also joined a pool. Whatever, $20 a year isn't going to break me. Hell one been buying $20 4 packs of the founder bourbon barrel series lately.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 18:36

MiamiSpartan wrote:Why hasn't it gone up since Saturday morning? The big jackpots usually grow each day between drawings as people buy tons of tickets. Did they just cap the growth or something? It pisses me off, because I was really counting on having a cool billion after I take the lump sum AND after taxes, but I needed that to get up around 2.5 billion or more.

I'm guessing the total will be close to $2.5B when the final numbers come out. Probably 5 or more winning tickets.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor Wed 24 Oct 2018 - 0:32

The Pantry wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:Why hasn't it gone up since Saturday morning? The big jackpots usually grow each day between drawings as people buy tons of tickets. Did they just cap the growth or something? It pisses me off, because I was really counting on having a cool billion after I take the lump sum AND after taxes, but I needed that to get up around 2.5 billion or more.

I'm guessing the total will be close to $2.5B when the final numbers come out. Probably 5 or more winning tickets.
No chance of 5 winning tickets. No one has hit once since July. Just checked my numbers through a work pool. We spent $130 bucks and didn’t even hit the mega ball once. Lol.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Wed 24 Oct 2018 - 5:53

Single winner. Ticket sold in SC.

Wasn't me
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 24 Oct 2018 - 7:41

tGreenWay wrote:

I buy exactly one ticket when the booty goes over $100m in either of the two lotterys. I have zero expectation of winning, however, I get a lot of enjoyment daydreaming of the things I could do with that money, so for $2, it’s worth it.

I found a scratch and win lotto ticket on the street one time that was unscratched. When I saw it I thought “well this is my lucky day. Wouldn’t it be something if I found (whatever the grand prize was) just laying on the street”. I’m sure whoever dropped it thought that somewhere out on the streets of the city they had just let the big winner get away. They probably thought to their selves “well I hope some homeless person won some money”. I got home scratched the squares off with a quarter. Turns out the ticket was a loser and I ended up throwing it in the trash.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 24 Oct 2018 - 7:48

Rocinante wrote:

The New Improved I'm so winning MegaMillions/PowerBall thread!!! - Page 10 NhYqqsq

Heh. At my office I always opted out of the office pools. The coworker collecting the money would be like what are you going to do if we all win and quit and you are still here? Its odd but there was peer pressure to join in. I should have wagered with her that we’d all be here the next day.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 24 Oct 2018 - 7:57

steveschneider wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Heh. At my office I always opted out of the office pools. The coworker collecting the money would be like what are you going to do if we all win and quit and you are still here? Its odd but there was peer pressure to join in. I should have wagered with her that we’d all be here the next day.

I hear there is usually law suits with those things that can tie the money up for years.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 24 Oct 2018 - 8:10

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I hear there is usually law suits with those things that can tie the money up for years.

I never even thought of that. You probably have to get a lawyer, set up a trust and then distribute the money. Figure out what to do with the taxes. I’m sure everyone gets suspicious of each other, there’s jealousy, people probably want to include an office friend that was out sick that day that wants to buy in after the fact, and so on.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 24 Oct 2018 - 8:25

steveschneider wrote:
DWags wrote:

I never even thought of that. You probably have to get a lawyer, set up a trust and then distribute the money. Figure out what to do with the taxes. I’m sure everyone gets suspicious of each other, there’s jealousy, people probably want to include an office friend that was out sick that day that wants to buy in after the fact, and so on.

Also those that organized and collected usually want more. Those who were left out due to say they were asked but nobody came to collect or they say they gave ten bucks and were not added.

For a 1 in 300 million chance seems weird to join. I’ve done it before but just started reading on the suits over them in human interests stories lately. Money makes people ugly.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Wed 24 Oct 2018 - 9:40

From what I've learned money makes people much more attractive
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 24 Oct 2018 - 12:22

One jackpot winner: South Carolina.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 24 Oct 2018 - 12:33

Rocinante wrote:One jackpot winner: South Carolina.
Kingston?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 24 Oct 2018 - 14:41

I love when they do all these stories on the news, and they interview a financial advisor telling people that if they win, the first thing they should do is hire a financial advisor. And then I saw another station do a story where they interviewed a lawyer saying that the first thing a winner should do is hire a lawyer. Just seem like guys looking for an account that will allow them to retire early. I can only imagine the sleazeballs that hound the winners directly. Not that I wouldn't love to have that problem of the harassing phone calls.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 24 Oct 2018 - 14:59

MiamiSpartan wrote:I love when they do all these stories on the news, and they interview a financial advisor telling people that if they win, the first thing they should do is hire a financial advisor. And then I saw another station do a story where they interviewed a lawyer saying that the first thing a winner should do is hire a lawyer. Just seem like guys looking for an account that will allow them to retire early. I can only imagine the sleazeballs that hound the winners directly. Not that I wouldn't love to have that problem of the harassing phone calls.
They have a point though. The first thing you should do is get protected, or try to. Setting up trusts and possibly even other things. I don't think either of them are wrong. The worst thing to do is step up right away and tell everyone you won.

Hell I'd max out my credit cards and HELOC. Who gives a shit, you will never need credit again, unless you just want to use it for shits and giggles.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 24 Oct 2018 - 17:10

InTenSity wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:I love when they do all these stories on the news, and they interview a financial advisor telling people that if they win, the first thing they should do is hire a financial advisor. And then I saw another station do a story where they interviewed a lawyer saying that the first thing a winner should do is hire a lawyer. Just seem like guys looking for an account that will allow them to retire early. I can only imagine the sleazeballs that hound the winners directly. Not that I wouldn't love to have that problem of the harassing phone calls.
They have a point though. The first thing you should do is get protected, or try to. Setting up trusts and possibly even other things. I don't think either of them are wrong. The worst thing to do is step up right away and tell everyone you won.

Hell I'd max out my credit cards and HELOC. Who gives a shit, you will never need credit again, unless you just want to use it for shits and giggles.
Oh, I agree. It just seems so disingenuous from them, like they're talking with dollar signs in their eyes. If I won, I'd want to talk to previous lottery winners or athletes, and if they haven't been screwed out of millions by a lawyer or financial advisor, have them refer me to their guy.

If I win, I feel like I would want to just put a few hundred grand in a regular bank so that I have money for hookers and blow in the short term, and put all the rest in a Swiss bank account until all the mania calms down.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Wed 24 Oct 2018 - 17:56

It's give it all away to a children's charity.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed 24 Oct 2018 - 18:29

By-Tor wrote:
The Pantry wrote:I'm guessing the total will be close to $2.5B when the final numbers come out. Probably 5 or more winning tickets.
No chance of 5 winning tickets. No one has hit once since July. Just checked my numbers through a work pool. We spent $130 bucks and didn’t even hit the mega ball once. Lol.
Multiple winning tickets happen fairly often when the pots are big. Very surprised only one ticket this time. Probably some poor toothless hick that sat on his porch shooting squirrels today, still unaware he won.

My work pool spent $180 and won $16. Used it to buy 8 tickets for tonight's Powerball drawing.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 7 Dec 2018 - 15:26

IT's time for educational donations again:

Megamillions @ $225M tonight.

Powerball @ $217M tomorrow.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 10:33

Both of them roll over.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2018 - 12:00

Mega tonight $245M, Powerball tomorrow $230M.

Either would make a Merry Christmas.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2018 - 7:47

Both rolled over....Mega $262M Friday and Powerball $246M on Saturday.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Dec 2018 - 12:07

MegaMillions rolls over to $284M on Tuesday.

Powerball at $246M tonight.

Win and you can make a big play on the Lions Sunday.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2018 - 12:55

Prepare your educational donations. Both rolled over for this week.

MegaMillions @ $284M tomorrow night.

Powerball @ $262M for Wednesday.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Dec 2018 - 9:33

Both roll over....Starting to get close to Wags $$ now.

Friday Megamillion $305M

Saturday Powerball $281M

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2018 - 8:18

Megamillions rolled over last night....so $321M on Christmas night - good last minute stocking stuffer.

Powerball @ $281M for tonight.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2018 - 8:18

Both rolled over this weekend...

Megamillions $321M for Christmas night.

Powerball $294M for Wednesday night.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2018 - 9:04

1 winner from NY for $300M in powerball last night.

Megamillions rolled over for Friday night - $350M

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 27 Dec 2018 - 9:17

LooseGoose wrote:1 winner from NY for $300M in powerball last night.

Megamillions rolled over for Friday night - $350M

Steve!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2018 - 9:48

Since Steve isn't sharing his winnings - $348M Megamillions tonight.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2018 - 12:22

Megamillions rolls over to $415M for Tuesday night. It would seem that would be a good start to 2019.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Fri 22 Feb 2019 - 15:21

In honor of Goose.

Mega Millions $224 million tonight.

Powerball $304 million tomorrow.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 23 Feb 2019 - 11:16

Crap, I just remembered: Now that Goose is gone, I need to rewrite my will before I win one of these huge jackpots. You can’t abandon us and then expect us to let you ride the gravy train when our gravy ship comes in. With lots of gravy. On the ships. And trains.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next