Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VOTE GR for America's Best City

+25
Marc Summers
Punisher98
RBW Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Notorious GiB
The Lonely Stoner
BRODSON
Dr. Strangelove
Cosmo_Kramer
Bizarro Fletch
JEK
GRR Spartan
SawGreen
Buffalo Spartan
SBSpartan
Ass Dan
Frank Reynolds
Jethro Bodeen
Johnny Alpamayo
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
Rocinante
Giant Moose
AMwood
Brock Middlebrook
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

VOTE GR for America's Best City - Page 2 Empty Re: VOTE GR for America's Best City

Post by Bill S. Preston, Esquire 2014-05-19, 11:16

Detroit is better than Grand Rapids.
Bill S. Preston, Esquire
Bill S. Preston, Esquire
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

VOTE GR for America's Best City - Page 2 Empty Re: VOTE GR for America's Best City

Post by xsanguine 2014-05-19, 11:27

I have to say... having lived in NYC for the past 6 or 7 years... Grand Rapids sounds pretty appealing right about now (save for that godawful Michigan winter)

The grass is always greener on the other side, as they say...

Last edited by xsanguine on 2014-05-19, 11:29; edited 1 time in total
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-05-19, 11:28

Bill S. Preston, Esquire wrote:Detroit is better than Grand Rapids.

VOTE GR for America's Best City - Page 2 Mh860x
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK 2014-05-19, 11:36

Marc Summers wrote:

It's fine, however Grand Rapids isn't anywhere close to being the best city in America.

Not it isn't, but the criteria is towns, you'll notice it didn't include major cities.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-05-19, 11:40

Grand Rapids is better than Detroit.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-05-19, 11:59

SBSpartan wrote:GR will win their first round game then get smoked in round two.  It's a pretty cool place I admit, but when I look around the tourney I see two cities that can take it all the way.

Jackson, WY and Asheville, NC

There are some towns that aren't mentioned that are better but those two are rock solid.
it certainly doesn't hurt Asheville that they can rightfully claim "Birthplace and Former Hometown of Robert J Sakimano"

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-05-19, 12:03

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
it certainly doesn't hurt Asheville that they can rightfully claim "Birthplace and Former Hometown of Robert J Sakimano"

...and the statue of you does not look like Morgan Freeman
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2014-05-19, 12:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Tom Wolfe, Warren Haynes, George Vanderbilt and Bobby Sak - there's your Asheville Mount Rushmore

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove on 2014-05-19, 12:57; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-05-19, 12:57

Turtleneck wrote:

...and the statue of you does not look like Morgan Freeman
get busy livin' or get busy dyin'.. that's damn right.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-05-19, 12:57

Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Tom Wolfe, Warren Haynes and Bobby Sak
that Warren Haynes is one talented dude..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-05-19, 13:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

"Birthplace and Former Hometown of Christian, American Patriot, and Taylor Swift Fan (Not Necessarily in that Order).. Robert J Sakimano"
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-05-19, 13:16

goodbar wrote:

"Birthplace and Former Hometown of Christian, American Patriot, and Taylor Swift Fan (Not Necessarily in that Order).. Robert J Sakimano"
then they have my likeness superimposed over my Swill avatar.. from what I've heard, it's become quite the attraction.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-05-19, 13:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
then they have my likeness superimposed over my Swill avatar.. from what I've heard, it's become quite the attraction.

That's cool. My hometown has a statue of me on a rearing steed with a bottle of jenkem raised high in my right hand and look of non-speculation on my face. Swarthy Walverine being trampled beneath the steed's hooves..
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-06-06, 09:19

It is down to the Final Four. 

Provo vs Ithaca
Duluth vs Asheville

Sorry, Bob. Pulling for Ithaca. 

http://www.outsideonline.com/adventure-travel/escapes/go-list/Outside-Weighs-in-on-the-Best-Towns-in-America.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2014-06-06, 10:06

all you fucking "detroit is better than grand rapids" turds screwed this up for us.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-06-06, 10:52

Turtleneck wrote:It is down to the Final Four. 

Provo vs Ithaca
Duluth vs Asheville

Sorry, Bob. Pulling for Ithaca. 

http://www.outsideonline.com/adventure-travel/escapes/go-list/Outside-Weighs-in-on-the-Best-Towns-in-America.html
The 1's were really weak this year. And how did Houghton, MI beat Madison, WI?  VOTE GR for America's Best City - Page 2 502811600 

http://www.outsideonline.com/adventure-travel/north-america/united-states/best-towns-2014-tournament
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-06-06, 10:56

A 16 seed in the final four? That was the only one I missed. I had Missoula winning the West. I thought Asheville would have deep bench needed to win this thing, but they are getting beat up by Duluth.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-06-06, 12:53

Bump for Bob. Asheville taking a beating. Better make some calls.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-06-06, 12:55

Turtleneck wrote:Bump for Bob. Asheville taking a beating. Better make some calls.
that's okay.. they don't want a bunch of out-of-towners moving there anyway... probably too many already.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2