A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Turtleneck on Tue 24 May 2016 - 13:23

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:


Five kids all under the age of ~ eight? Her vag must flap like the flag on a Coast Guard cutter.

Not that your point is incorrect....but 5?

He majored in English Lit.
avatar
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24813
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by tGreenWay on Tue 24 May 2016 - 13:36

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:


Five kids all under the age of ~ eight? Her vag must flap like the flag on a Coast Guard cutter.

Not that your point is incorrect....but 5?

Yeah, oops. I think I counted Daddy's knee as a head.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22693
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by tGreenWay on Tue 24 May 2016 - 13:36

Sorry, not Daddy. Father.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22693
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by tGreenWay on Tue 24 May 2016 - 13:37

And btw, moms is hot. And DTF.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22693
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by NigelUno on Tue 24 May 2016 - 14:31

I may have underestimated the appeal.

Never knew about Pickleball until today.
avatar
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20069
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Tue 24 May 2016 - 14:35

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Not that your point is incorrect....but 5?

Yeah, oops. I think I counted Daddy's knee as a head.
I'd say the "My Daddy's Knee Looks Like a Human Head" quotient at the Grand Hotel is quite prevalent.

avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24825
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Oj on Tue 24 May 2016 - 16:44

Bobby Sak's idea of a relaxing vacation:

avatar
Oj
Spartiate

Posts : 32
Join date : 2014-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Turtleneck on Tue 24 May 2016 - 17:17

Oj wrote:Bobby Sak's idea of a relaxing vacation:


Was that taken at an RCMB tailgate?
avatar
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24813
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Oj on Tue 24 May 2016 - 18:21

Turtleneck wrote:Was that taken at an RCMB tailgate?

I've never been to one, so I'm not sure, but I'm guessing they look more like this:

avatar
Oj
Spartiate

Posts : 32
Join date : 2014-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by tGreenWay on Tue 24 May 2016 - 18:57

Oj wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Was that taken at an RCMB tailgate?

I've never been to one, so I'm not sure, but I'm guessing they look more like this:




_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22693
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Turtleneck on Tue 24 May 2016 - 19:11

That's OTPT's living room after an exciting day of paintball fun.
avatar
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24813
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by tGreenWay on Tue 24 May 2016 - 19:31

Turtleneck wrote:That's OTPT's living room after an exciting day of paintball fun.

Yep, and that's the winning team.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22693
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by LooseGoose on Wed 25 May 2016 - 13:39

In today's Grand Hotel news - we have another slide show with a dining guide. Take your sweetie to High Tea!

Mackinac Island: 15 things you must eat on the island

_________________
All bowls matter.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 35137
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Wed 25 May 2016 - 14:02



I'm on my way!

Sincerely,

For bin

avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24825
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by LooseGoose on Thu 26 May 2016 - 12:53




Experience a Pure Michigan Weekend
Friday, June 17th and Saturday, June 18th, 2016

Celebrate summer vacation with a Pure Michigan Weekend on Mackinac Island and at Grand Hotel, America's Summer Place.

Stay Friday, June 17th at a special rate of $215 per person, per night and Saturday, June 18th is 25% off.  Children 11 and younger stay and eat free.

This special rate includes accommodations, breakfast and five-course dinner daily, and a free round of golf on The Jewel (cart fee required).  Take a bike ride around Mackinac Island, swim in Grand Hotel's outdoor swimming pool, play lawn games in the Tea Garden, or sit back and relax in a rocking chair on the World's Longest Front Porch overlooking the Straits of Mackinac and the Mackinac Bridge.

Pure Michigan Package

_________________
All bowls matter.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 35137
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by NigelUno on Thu 26 May 2016 - 13:06

LooseGoose wrote:


Experience a Pure Michigan Weekend
Friday, June 17th and Saturday, June 18th, 2016

Celebrate summer vacation with a Pure Michigan Weekend on Mackinac Island and at Grand Hotel, America's Summer Place.

Stay Friday, June 17th at a special rate of $215 per person, per night and Saturday, June 18th is 25% off.  Children 11 and younger stay and eat free.

This special rate includes accommodations, breakfast and five-course dinner daily, and a free round of golf on The Jewel (cart fee required).  Take a bike ride around Mackinac Island, swim in Grand Hotel's outdoor swimming pool, play lawn games in the Tea Garden, or sit back and relax in a rocking chair on the World's Longest Front Porch overlooking the Straits of Mackinac and the Mackinac Bridge.

Pure Michigan Package

What a deal! So, take the wife Bob!

FYI...the "special" rate would come out to $430 for the 2 of you...for one night.

There is an added charge of 19.5% and a 2% Mackinac Island assessment on the above rates. Michigan 6% sales tax is added to all rates, including the added charge.

Pure Mackinac.
avatar
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20069
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Thu 26 May 2016 - 13:16

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:



Pure Michigan Package

What a deal! So, take the wife Bob!

FYI...the "special" rate would come out to $430 for the 2 of you...for one night.

There is an added charge of 19.5% and a 2% Mackinac Island assessment on the above rates. Michigan 6% sales tax is added to all rates, including the added charge.

Pure Mackinac.
I wonder if the "special rate" includes the autopsy that would be required after she killed me for taking her there?
avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24825
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by InTenSity on Thu 26 May 2016 - 13:18

Are hotels in Michigan adding 'Resort fee's', yet?
You can get a room for $99 a night! $75/day resort fee not included. $25/day parking not included

_________________
Finally! Back to the Future!
avatar
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11261
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Kendall

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by NigelUno on Thu 26 May 2016 - 13:20

InTenSity wrote:Are hotels in Michigan adding 'Resort fee's', yet?
You can get a room for $99 a night! $75/day resort fee not included. $25/day parking not included

That's a good Florida trick.  

Last time we stayed in Chicago, I think it was $50-60/night for the car.

No tipping at the Grand!  There is an added charge of 19.5% and a 2% Mackinac Island assessment on the above rates. Michigan 6% sales tax is added to all rates, including the added charge.
avatar
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20069
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by NigelUno on Thu 26 May 2016 - 13:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

What a deal! So, take the wife Bob!

FYI...the "special" rate would come out to $430 for the 2 of you...for one night.

There is an added charge of 19.5% and a 2% Mackinac Island assessment on the above rates. Michigan 6% sales tax is added to all rates, including the added charge.

Pure Mackinac.
I wonder if the "special rate" includes the autopsy that would be required after she killed me for taking her there?

She doesn't like fudge, pecan balls, and sushi?
avatar
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20069
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by NigelUno on Thu 26 May 2016 - 13:23

LooseGoose wrote:In today's Grand Hotel news - we have another slide show with a dining guide.   Take your sweetie to High Tea!

Mackinac Island: 15 things you must eat on the island

They put the new sushi place on the list.

avatar
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20069
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by tGreenWay on Thu 26 May 2016 - 13:38

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:In today's Grand Hotel news - we have another slide show with a dining guide.   Take your sweetie to High Tea!

Mackinac Island: 15 things you must eat on the island

They put the new sushi place on the list.



Try the whitefish.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22693
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by LooseGoose on Mon 20 Jun 2016 - 9:45

Family Added Value Days

Step away from it all and plan your family vacation to America’s Summer Place.

NEW dates added! Come stay July 8 – 21, 31 and August 1 – 3, 10 – 27

Enjoy a special family retreat at a very special rate on select dates in July and August. Stay three nights and get the 4th night FREE, stay two nights and get the third night half off, or stay one night and get the second night 25% off.

Kids of all ages will enjoy complimentary children’s programs, lawn games, swimming in the Esther Williams Swimming Pool, outdoor movies in the Tea Garden the evenings of August 21 – 25th and free golf for ages 17 and younger and half off for accompanying adults on The Jewel, and a full breakfast and five-course dinner daily with casual family style dinner options available.

Families may also enjoy Pickleball and FootGolf on The Jewel golf course! Both are fun activities for the entire family!


_________________
All bowls matter.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 35137
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Mon 20 Jun 2016 - 9:48



When Edward Feiler, of Arizona, recently wrote to our Original Murdick’s Fudge sweet consultants asking us to help run a little marriage-proposal reconnaissance at our Main Street store on Mackinac Island, we were all in!

After all, we are all about romance … and sweets … and sweet romance.

avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24825
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by LooseGoose on Mon 20 Jun 2016 - 9:51

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

When Edward Feiler, of Arizona, recently wrote to our Original Murdick’s Fudge sweet consultants asking us to help run a little marriage-proposal reconnaissance at our Main Street store on Mackinac Island, we were all in!

After all, we are all about romance … and sweets … and sweet romance.

The Mackinac Island magic is starting to capture you.

_________________
All bowls matter.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 35137
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Mon 20 Jun 2016 - 9:53

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:



The Mackinac Island magic is starting to capture you.
avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24825
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by NigelUno on Mon 20 Jun 2016 - 10:02

Of all the places to propose on or near Mackinac Island, a fudge shop has to be the best spot.
avatar
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20069
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Mon 20 Jun 2016 - 10:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

When Edward Feiler, of Arizona, recently wrote to our Original Murdick’s Fudge sweet consultants asking us to help run a little marriage-proposal reconnaissance at our Main Street store on Mackinac Island, we were all in!

After all, we are all about romance … and sweets … and sweet romance.


Wait....

He wrote them?

Like, a letter? Maybe they mean email? Why wouldn't he just call? He didn't write them a letter, right? Who does that?

_________________
I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 16559
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 33
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by NigelUno on Mon 20 Jun 2016 - 10:07

LooseGoose wrote:Family Added Value Days

Step away from it all and plan your family vacation to America’s Summer Place.

NEW dates added! Come stay July 8 – 21, 31 and August 1 – 3, 10 – 27

Enjoy a special family retreat at a very special rate on select dates in July and August. Stay three nights and get the 4th night FREE, stay two nights and get the third night half off, or stay one night and get the second night 25% off.

Kids of all ages will enjoy complimentary children’s programs, lawn games, swimming in the Esther Williams Swimming Pool, outdoor movies in the Tea Garden the evenings of August 21 – 25th and free golf for ages 17 and younger and half off for accompanying adults on The Jewel, and a full breakfast and five-course dinner daily with casual family style dinner options available.

Families may also enjoy Pickleball and FootGolf on The Jewel golf course! Both are fun activities for the entire family!


I think they overestimate the appeal of the Esther Williams swimming pool to today's generation of kids.
avatar
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20069
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by LooseGoose on Mon 20 Jun 2016 - 10:15

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Family Added Value Days




I think they overestimate the appeal of the Esther Williams swimming pool to today's generation of kids.  

Some people care about history Nigel.


Last edited by LooseGoose on Mon 20 Jun 2016 - 10:54; edited 1 time in total

_________________
All bowls matter.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 35137
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Mon 20 Jun 2016 - 10:18

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:




Wait....

He wrote them?

Like, a letter? Maybe they mean email? Why wouldn't he just call? He didn't write them a letter, right? Who does that?
it adds a certain amount of old-timey charm to imagine this young man calling/writing to the Murdick's Fudge Shop with a certain degree of "wow - this telephone thing is really cool" optimism..



"Yes, good day, it is with great zeal that I request of you a snapshot in time where I can ask the finest of young ladies to join me in matrimony. Is your fudge shop available"?


Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on Mon 20 Jun 2016 - 10:19; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24825
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by NigelUno on Mon 20 Jun 2016 - 10:19

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I think they overestimate the appeal of the Esther Williams swimming pool to today's generation of kids.

Some people care history Nigel.

Those people are really old and don't go in the pool.
avatar
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20069
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Thu 23 Jun 2016 - 9:02



16 minutes of pure excitement.
avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24825
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by DWags on Thu 23 Jun 2016 - 9:32

Oj wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Was that taken at an RCMB tailgate?

I've never been to one, so I'm not sure, but I'm guessing they look more like this:


I can actually smell this room.

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24240
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 56
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by tanfan! on Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 8:48

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:does it come with divorce papers?

If so, yes.



It basically caters to the American Girl crowd.

Some people love that.

But, in all reality it's a tourist trap.

This is code for I can't afford it.

_________________
Blow me Maladjusted bonars
avatar
tanfan!
Spartiate

Posts : 4559
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by NigelUno on Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 9:17

Tanfan is a fudgie.
avatar
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20069
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 9:34


avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24825
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by LooseGoose on Fri 8 Jul 2016 - 13:51


_________________
All bowls matter.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 35137
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Fri 8 Jul 2016 - 13:54


avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24825
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Jake from State Farm on Fri 8 Jul 2016 - 15:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Wtf is that, are they decorating with astroturf now?

_________________
I'm wearing khaki
avatar
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 1822
Join date : 2014-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum