A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-08-14, 11:22

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:that is truly frightening.

I'd say 96% of the time I wear boots.. the miscellaneous 4% is probably a pair of Adidas or vintage Sauconys.

Sandals are very comfy, then I found out mine have a bottle opener on the bottom, so they come in handy quite a bit.
we live in amazing times, that's for sure.
avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24305
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-08-18, 09:18

For Bob and Greenie's big adventure....

10 things to do at Mackinac Island Fudge Festival 2017

_________________
All bowls matter.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 34681
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Jake from State Farm on 2017-08-18, 12:19

LooseGoose wrote:For Bob and Greenie's big adventure....

10 things to do at Mackinac Island Fudge Festival 2017

Bob is going Up North?

_________________
I'm wearing khaki
avatar
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 1808
Join date : 2014-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by aualum06 on 2017-08-18, 12:21

Jake from State Farm wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:For Bob and Greenie's big adventure....

10 things to do at Mackinac Island Fudge Festival 2017

Bob is going Up North?

Only to Mt. Pleasant
avatar
aualum06
Spartiate

Posts : 3512
Join date : 2015-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Jake from State Farm on 2017-08-18, 12:23

aualum06 wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:

Bob is going Up North?

Only to Mt. Pleasant

Oh, okay. Mt Pleasant doesn't really qualify as Up North. I can only imagine the mental anguish it would put Bob through if he had to go as far as Clare, or maybe even Harrison.

_________________
I'm wearing khaki
avatar
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 1808
Join date : 2014-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by aualum06 on 2017-08-18, 12:44

Jake from State Farm wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Only to Mt. Pleasant

Oh, okay. Mt Pleasant doesn't really qualify as Up North. I can only imagine the mental anguish it would put Bob through if he had to go as far as Clare, or maybe even Harrison.

The line between north and south passes through alma
avatar
aualum06
Spartiate

Posts : 3512
Join date : 2015-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-08-18, 13:33

Jake from State Farm wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Only to Mt. Pleasant

Oh, okay. Mt Pleasant doesn't really qualify as Up North. I can only imagine the mental anguish it would put Bob through if he had to go as far as Clare, or maybe even Harrison.

Well, Clare is the Gateway to the North.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21954
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-18, 13:35

tGreenWay wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:

Oh, okay. Mt Pleasant doesn't really qualify as Up North. I can only imagine the mental anguish it would put Bob through if he had to go as far as Clare, or maybe even Harrison.

Well, Clare is the Gateway to the North.

avatar
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24252
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-08-18, 13:39

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Well, Clare is the Gateway to the North.



_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21954
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-18, 14:04

avatar
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24252
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-08-18, 14:50


_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21954
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-18, 16:24

avatar
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24252
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-08-18, 16:47

Turtleneck wrote:


_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21954
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Senior Dickfist on 2017-08-18, 18:07

Hey, you two need to just get a room already!
avatar
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Posts : 393
Join date : 2014-05-22
Age : 97
Location : The Zoo

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-18, 19:40

Senior Dickfist wrote:   Hey, you two need to just get a room already!

avatar
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24252
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-09-17, 08:25

Put Mackinac Island on your bucket list, over and over again



MACKINAC ISLAND, MI -- If Mackinac Island is a bucket list getaway (and it is, for people the world over), picture my bucket as one that is either jumbo-sized or has a slow leak.

Over the years, I've refilled that bucket with getaways of every form -- from romantic outings and girlfriend gatherings to chaperoning student field trips -- and in every season, mid-winter included.

On some trips, my luggage and I have settled into grand rooms at the Grand Hotel, on others, I've stretched out on a bunk bed in a budget B&B. Some outings have focused on food or fudge, others on history, bikes and hikes.

And while I've mostly donned casual clothes great for exploring, I've also gone true Victorian (for the annual "Somewhere in Time" weekend), dressing in authentic 1910-era bonnets and more.

The best trips, I've discovered, wrap in the island's history and lore, its striking geology and views and new perspectives, some gained quite literally by donning a different hat. There is always room in that bucket, I've found, for more.

_________________
All bowls matter.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 34681
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-09-18, 08:20

I can't imagine going through life and not experiencing the magic of The Grand Hotel.


avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24305
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by NigelUno on 2017-09-18, 08:32

LooseGoose wrote:Put Mackinac Island on your bucket list, over and over again

MACKINAC ISLAND, MI -- If Mackinac Island is a bucket list getaway (and it is, for people the world over), picture my bucket as one that is either jumbo-sized or has a slow leak...


I don't think she understands what "bucket list" means and/or her bucket list has a big leak and/or her bucket list is filled with horse shit.
avatar
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19843
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-09-18, 09:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I can't imagine going through life and not experiencing the magic of The Grand Hotel.



You're looking older there than I had imagined you. I'll try to go easier on you knowing that.

PS - Tell the kid on the right to get a belt on.

_________________
All bowls matter.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 34681
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-09-18, 10:02

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I can't imagine going through life and not experiencing the magic of The Grand Hotel.



You're looking older there than I had imagined you. I'll try to go easier on you knowing that.

PS - Tell the kid on the right to get a belt on.
avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24305
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-10-03, 15:12

Hey Goose - bad news for that little slice of fudge and horse heaven.. white folks be violent.

Mackinac Island Ranked the 5th Most Violent City in Michigan

Mackinac Island -- Michigan's go-to destination for fudge and vacation relaxation --  was the fifth most violent city in the state, ahead of Flint, according to 2016 FBI crime statistics that were released earlier this month.
avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24305
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by DWags on 2017-10-03, 15:24

That's why I always pack heat when I go there Bob. You never know. If more people carried, there would be way less violence. And as far as the violence, just try getting the last piece of hot fudge standing in line right in front of a 15 year old kid who is 5'5" 235 lbs. You might not see the next day brah.

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23606
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 56
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-10-03, 15:28

avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 12345
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-10-03, 15:29

DWags wrote:That's why I always pack heat when I go there Bob.  You never know.  If more people carried, there would be way less violence.  And as far as the violence, just try getting the last piece of hot fudge standing in line right in front of a 15 year old kid who is 5'5" 235 lbs.  You might not see the next day brah.  
yeah, after seeing these FBI stats, I think the last place I wanna be is between a pre-diabetic 15 year old Croc-wearin' kid and a slice of fudge.

Shocked
avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24305
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-10-03, 15:32

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
this guy doesn't care where Up North starts.. he just cares about his fudge.. or else, you be trippin'.



avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24305
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-11-16, 20:05

Mackinac Island's Grand Hotel on list of best all-inclusive resorts in America

MACKINAW CITY - Here's something you already knew. The Grand Hotel is one of the best resorts in the United States.

The staff at SmarterTravel, an online publication managed by TripAdvsor, know that, too, because they named the 393-room landmark on Mackinac Island one of the 12 best all-inclusive resorts in America on Nov. 14.

The Grand Hotel is listed alongside vacation destinations such as Turtle Bay Resort in Hawaii, Vista Verde Ranch in Colorado, Skytop Lodge in Pennsylvania and Blackberry Farm in Tennessee.

_________________
All bowls matter.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 34681
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-11-17, 07:40

LooseGoose wrote:Mackinac Island's Grand Hotel on list of best all-inclusive resorts in America

MACKINAW CITY - Here's something you already knew. The Grand Hotel is one of the best resorts in the United States.

The staff at SmarterTravel, an online publication managed by TripAdvsor, know that, too, because they named the 393-room landmark on Mackinac Island one of the 12 best all-inclusive resorts in America on Nov. 14.

The Grand Hotel is listed alongside vacation destinations such as Turtle Bay Resort in Hawaii, Vista Verde Ranch in Colorado, Skytop Lodge in Pennsylvania and Blackberry Farm in Tennessee.
it's at the very top of my list.

in fact, I'm having my suit pressed and my penny loafers shined as I type this.

avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24305
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by NigelUno on 2017-11-17, 07:51

LooseGoose wrote:Mackinac Island's Grand Hotel on list of best all-inclusive resorts in America

MACKINAW CITY - Here's something you already knew. The Grand Hotel is one of the best resorts in the United States.

The staff at SmarterTravel, an online publication managed by TripAdvsor, know that, too, because they named the 393-room landmark on Mackinac Island one of the 12 best all-inclusive resorts in America on Nov. 14.

The Grand Hotel is listed alongside vacation destinations such as Turtle Bay Resort in Hawaii, Vista Verde Ranch in Colorado, Skytop Lodge in Pennsylvania and Blackberry Farm in Tennessee.

How many resorts make you pay for breakfast and dinner?
avatar
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19843
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum