Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baltimore cop not guilty in Gray case. Will there be riots?

+5
Toe
Travis of the Cosmos
Death Roe
Robert J Sakimano
kingstonlake
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Baltimore cop not guilty in Gray case. Will there be riots? Empty Baltimore cop not guilty in Gray case. Will there be riots?

Post by kingstonlake Mon May 23, 2016 11:06 am

Discuss. No poll. Yeah that's right, no poll.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Baltimore cop not guilty in Gray case. Will there be riots? Empty Re: Baltimore cop not guilty in Gray case. Will there be riots?

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon May 23, 2016 11:11 am

if the mainstream media has its way, there will be...."this is gonna be great for viewership"..

if racists have their way, there will be.. "see, I told you they were all just filthy animals. Look how they behave"..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Baltimore cop not guilty in Gray case. Will there be riots? Empty Re: Baltimore cop not guilty in Gray case. Will there be riots?

Post by Death Roe Mon May 23, 2016 11:13 am

In before Dude
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon May 23, 2016 11:15 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:if the mainstream media has its way, there will be...."this is gonna be great for viewership"..

if racists have their way, there will be.. "see, I told you they were all just filthy animals. Look how they behave"..

I don't know man. Supposed to be a hot summer. Gotta believe people would want free air conditioners. Temptation will be high (no pun intended)
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon May 23, 2016 11:19 am

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:if the mainstream media has its way, there will be...."this is gonna be great for viewership"..

I don't know man. Supposed to be a hot summer. Gotta believe people would want free air conditioners. Temptation will be high (no pun intended)
lemme get this straight..

a white police officer was acquitted of killing an unarmed black kid??

Baltimore cop not guilty in Gray case. Will there be riots? Shocked-animated-Rowan_Atkison-a-shocked-mr-bean

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon May 23, 2016 11:22 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

lemme get this straight..

Baltimore cop not guilty in Gray case. Will there be riots? Shocked-animated-Rowan_Atkison-a-shocked-mr-bean

At least there was a trial where evidence was presented. That's better than the typical "prosecutor who spends every weekend golfing with the chief of police and has an incentive to stay in the cops good graces shockingly declines to prosecute the case."
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe Mon May 23, 2016 11:23 am

of course. black people are easily manipulated.
Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon May 23, 2016 11:25 am

Bob, honest questions, how many times did you touch yourself to the black teens attacking the Orioles fans? Got to be your wet dream fantasy there
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon May 23, 2016 11:29 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:lemme get this straight..

At least there was a trial where evidence was presented. That's better than the typical "prosecutor who spends every weekend golfing with the chief of police and has an incentive to stay in the cops good graces shockingly declines to prosecute the case."
yeah.. at least he was brought up in front of a "jury of his peers".....
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon May 23, 2016 11:31 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

yeah.. at least he was brought up in front of a "jury of his peers"......

Well, just a judge in this case. He declined jury trial. For probably obvious reasons.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon May 23, 2016 11:45 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:yeah.. at least he was brought up in front of a "jury of his peers"......

Well, just a judge in this case. He declined jury trial. For probably obvious reasons.
oh, that's right - I recall reading that.

I guess with all of the murdered unarmed black kids at the hands of cops (or wanna be cops in the case of that fine patriot George Zimmerman), the cases kinda ran together.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon May 23, 2016 12:24 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I guess with all of the murdered unarmed black kids at the hands of cops (or wanna be cops in the case of that fine patriot George Zimmerman), the cases kinda ran together.

Not for u
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2016 12:47 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

In 2015 258 black people were killed by cops.

129 of those were under 30, 19 were unarmed, 4 it's unknown.

5 of those were under 18, 4 were armed, 1 was using a vehicle as a weapon.

Not quite an epidemic of cops killing black kids.

Washington Post: people shot dead by police in 2015
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon May 23, 2016 12:50 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:oh, that's right - I recall reading that.

shocking to hear you, of all people, minimize the murder of a young, unarmed black kid.

I'm really concerned that you'll start making misogynistic statements next.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2016 12:59 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

shocking to hear you, of all people, minimize the murder of a young, unarmed black kid.

The actual facts show your post to be the usual false gibber so off you go with the insults and making things up. Standard BobS playbook.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon May 23, 2016 1:01 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

The actual facts show your post to be the usual false gibber so off you go with the insults and making things up. Standard BobS playbook.
like you, I'm glad the little black thug is dead.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2016 1:02 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:shocking to hear you, of all people, minimize the murder of a young, unarmed black kid.

BTW - Which black "kid" are you referring to here? Or is the 25 year old Freddie Gray playing that role in this set of lies?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2016 1:03 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

The actual facts show your post to be the usual false gibber so off you go with the insults and making things up.  Standard BobS playbook.

Nah Bob you're all alone in being glad.   It gives you some material to troll with.  So far you're failing here though, you need to brush up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon May 23, 2016 1:04 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:shocking to hear you, of all people, minimize the murder of a young, unarmed black kid.

BTW - Which black "kid" are you referring to here? Or is the 25 year old Freddie Gray playing that role in this set of lies?
oh, so a 25 year old unarmed black kid was murdered??

that make a big difference.. why didn't you say so.. Baltimore cop not guilty in Gray case. Will there be riots? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon May 23, 2016 1:04 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Nah Bob you're all alone in being glad.   It gives you some material to troll with.  So far you're failing here though, you need to brush up.
#MakeAmericaWhiteAgain #Trump2016
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon May 23, 2016 1:07 pm

Toe wrote:of course. black people are easily manipulated.

Nice of you to show up after forever and drop some solid racism trolling.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon May 23, 2016 1:08 pm

Rocinante wrote:
Toe wrote:of course. black people are easily manipulated.

so we've had this guy, and Goose.. now all we need is The Dude for the hat trick..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon May 23, 2016 1:09 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

so we've had this guy, and Goose.. now all we need is The Dude for the hat trick..

He's been gone so long, I can't remember what his MO is. I think he's kidding.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon May 23, 2016 1:11 pm

Rocinante wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

He's been gone so long, I can't remember what his MO is. I think he's kidding.
yeah, I've never seen him before (I don't pay as close of attention to things as I should) but it's always refreshing when the knuckle-draggin' racists show up in a thread about a white cop who killed an unarmed black kid.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2016 1:13 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Bob darling? Please provide one example of racism on my part in this thread? I simply posted some facts, it seems that you consider those facts to be racist since they contradict your chosen narrative.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon May 23, 2016 1:40 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Bob darling? Please provide one example of racism on my part in this thread? I simply posted some facts, it seems that you consider those facts to be racist since they contradict your chosen narrative.
you're not a racist..

in fact, I bet some of your best friends are black.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2016 1:49 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

you're not a racist..

Dodge and weave but never answer when asked for actual facts and not your normal gibber.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon May 23, 2016 1:54 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:you're not a racist..

Dodge and weave but never answer when asked for actual facts and not your normal gibber.
bump..

Baltimore cop not guilty in Gray case. Will there be riots? 872ee2250d2a46388bd09dc64a242d79-be9e180507fc4bb49a3125bb6f926a08-2
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon May 23, 2016 4:29 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

you're not a racist..

You see the irony, right?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon May 23, 2016 5:27 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:yeah.. at least he was brought up in front of a "jury of his peers"......

Isn't the judge black?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon May 23, 2016 5:35 pm

xsanguine wrote:

Isn't the judge black?

I suspect the race of the judge is secondary xsang. I know that's impossible to think.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon May 23, 2016 5:42 pm

xsanguine wrote:

Isn't the judge black?

I suspect the race of the judge is secondary xsang. I know that's impossible to think.

What are the obvious reasons he would forego a jury trial?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2016 5:44 pm

xsanguine wrote:

Isn't the judge black?

If you read about the case against this guy it's a joke. Of course the facts mean little as evidenced by Bob in this thread.

Freddie Gray Trial VERDICT: Officer Edward Nero NOT GUILTY!

In announcing his verdict of not guilt trial Judge Barry Williams made clear that he found the defense theory of the case to be far more compelling than he did the state’s theory.

It is worth recalling in this context that the state bears the great burden of proving the defendant guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. A state can have a more compelling case than the defense and still fail to convict, if they fail to exceed reasonable doubt. A case in which the defense actually has the more compelling narrative means the prosecutors were never even close to obtaining a conviction.

Williams concluded that the state had failed to prove that Nero acted unreasonably. Unreasonable conduct is an explicit element for the reckless endangerment charge, and its absence ensured an acquittal on that charge.

Williams also concluded that only Officer Garrett Miller physically arrested Gray. The second degree assault charge against Nero was premised on the theory that his arrest of Gray was unlawful. The conclusion that Nero did not in fact arrest Gray at all ensured an acquittal on the second degree assault charge.

Williams also dismissed the state’s bizarre legal theory that Nero should be found guilty on the basis of criminal conspiracy, because of his cooperation with Miller and other officers in arresting and transporting Gray.

Williams also noted that this verdict, naturally, applies narrowly to Nero, and has no direct implications for the five other scheduled Freddie Gray trials.

It should be noted, however, that the nature of Nero’s trial does have implications for the scheduled trial of police officer Garrett Miller. Miller testified extensively in the Nero trail, after being compelled to do so following his being granted use immunity by state prosecutors. A consequence of that grant of immunity is that nothing he said on the witness stand can now be used against him in his own trial. That will effectively gut efforts to prosecute Miller.

All of LI's coverage here: Freddie Gray Trial of Nero
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon May 23, 2016 5:46 pm

xsanguine wrote:

The system is pretty well set up to protect cops in all circumstances, juries add a variable that can't be as easily controlled especially in a place where there is some anti cop sentiment. It's more likely that a judge, who probably doesn't have as much anti cop sentiment, is going to go along with the protect the cops mentality that the system he is a part of has built.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon May 23, 2016 5:48 pm

xsanguine wrote:

The system is pretty well set up to protect cops in all circumstances, juries add a variable that can't be as easily controlled especially in a place where there is some anti cop sentiment. It's more likely that a judge, who probably doesn't have as much anti cop sentiment, is going to go along with the protect the cops mentality that the system he is a part of has built.

So it's not white privilege but cop privilege?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon May 23, 2016 5:55 pm

xsanguine wrote:

So it's not white privilege but cop privilege?

That's an oversimplification, but if you want to call it that, sure.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon May 23, 2016 6:04 pm

I guess when this situation arises it's always a racial thing and that's how it seems to be playing out in social media so I'm just trying to find a way to get that angle on you, Travis, but yer not biting. We can't argue over identity politics if you don't take the bait.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon May 23, 2016 6:11 pm

I don't necessarily think it's always a race issue. I do think it's an issue of over aggressive and likely not very smart cops being over empowered to do whatever the hell they want.

I also think that they get it into their heads that their lives are constantly in danger on the basis of being cops as if they are in an active war zone or something like that, then they respond by treating every non cop as the enemy who is liable to kill them at any time. They don't really seem to give a shit if their "enemy" survives the interaction, as long as they go home that night (which typically isn't really in doubt, but they think it is.) There are plenty of examples of cops killing white folk too, so it's not all about race.

Anyway, yeah, it sucks. Probably isn't going to change though. It would be a lot easier to fix if it were actually because some cops hate black people and want to murder them- but that probably isn't the case.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon May 23, 2016 6:15 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I don't necessarily think it's always a race issue. I do think it's an issue of over aggressive and likely not very smart cops being over empowered to do whatever the hell they want.

I also think that they get it into their heads that their lives are constantly in danger on the basis of being cops as if they are in an active war zone or something like that, then they respond by treating every non cop as the enemy who is liable to kill them at any time. They don't really seem to give a shit if their "enemy" survives the interaction, as long as they go home that night (which typically isn't really in doubt, but they think it is.) There are plenty of examples of cops killing white folk too, so it's not all about race.

Anyway, yeah, it sucks. Probably isn't going to change though. It would be a lot easier to fix if it were actually because some cops hate black people and want to murder them- but that probably isn't the case.

I have an idea on improving police and black community relations, Travis.

I went on quite a few ride alongs with a friend who was on Lansing's PD. It was fun being a spectator but fuck that job. I wouldn't want any part of it. Most of the shifts involved him being in wrestling matches or fist fights with crazy fucks.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon May 23, 2016 6:22 pm

Well you just hit on one way to fix it in my opinion xsang. Yeah, it's a shitty job. And it doesn't pay very much. So who are the people that we have to hire to do this job now? Is it people who are well qualified to make important decisions in a spur of the moment situation? Or is it the c student in high school who used to go get a job in a factory the day after graduation and work there for 40 years? There are obviously exceptions, and I don't mean to be shitting on your friend. It's people I know too. The folks that grew up to be cops, frankly, were complete idiots growing up. And now we trust them with life or death decisions? That's nuts.

Anyway, pay them more. Attract better candidates. Be able to be selective when you hire cops instead of having to hire anyone that comes in the door.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next