Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mio and area Doings

+28
Da Mayor
CORNER BLITZ
MSU addict
The Pantry
MattyFresh
Senior Dickfist
WhiteBoyHatcher
tTito
Martin Spartan
Gomer
Travis of the Cosmos
aualum06
Nordic
NigelUno
tanfan!
Jake from State Farm
CheesySpartan
Clarett's Folly
Triple Sparty
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
Blanch32
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
32 posters

Page 10 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Go down

Mio and area Doings - Page 10 Empty Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by Guest 2016-08-16, 17:30

Jake from State Farm wrote:Auction in Mio this weekend.

They must be moving to a better home in Mio and dont want to haul everything with them.

They have auctions there nearly every weekend. A fine way to kill a saturday morning in the winter since it's all indoors.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2016-08-16, 20:58

LooseGoose wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:Auction in Mio this weekend.

They must be moving to a better home in Mio and dont want to haul everything with them.

They have auctions there nearly every weekend. A fine way to kill a saturday morning in the winter since it's all indoors.

and one more excellent reason to visit Mio
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-22, 13:03

Michigan DNR ‏@MichiganDNR 29m29 minutes ago
#HartwickPines Logging Museum near Grayling to host Black Iron Days Festival Aug. 27-28 https://lnks.gd/2/2MB7qj @MIHistoryCenter

Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 27 and 28, Hartwick Pines State Park in Grayling, Michigan, will host the annual Black Iron Days Festival at the park’s logging museum. From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day, blacksmiths will pound and shape metal into a range of practical and decorative items.

Visitors can watch glowing iron bend like clay and hear the ring of hammer meeting steel. The sights, sounds and scents of a 1912 steam-powered sawmill cutting pine logs into boards will add to the activity at the site. Other craft demonstrations will include period music, woodworking, weaving and wool spinnin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-22, 13:15

Mio and area Doings - Page 10 Old-people

Mio, Mi - The Computer Users Club of Greater Mio will be holding their annual event "Getting Logged On - What You Need To Know to Access The Interweb" this Friday at 3:45 am at the Mio Community Center. The event is open to the public and there is free parking at Clyde's Pancake Emporium adjacent to the community center. Topics covered will include a symposium on "What Is a Computer", turning on a computer, an introduction to the keyboard, and more. Advanced users will have an opportunity to set up an AOL email account.

If you need a ride, you can call Billy Joe Hogsknuckle at 555.3685 to reserve one of the 5 seats available in his handicap conversion van. Be advised that he will have his grandmother with him, as she is teaching the symposium, so that leaves only 2 available seats.

No previous computer knowledge is necessary and soft, easily digested snacks will be available.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-22, 13:27

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Mio and area Doings - Page 10 Old-people

Mio, Mi - The Computer Users Club of Greater Mio will be holding their annual event "Getting Logged On - What You Need To Know to Access The Interweb" this Friday at 3:45 am at the Mio Community Center. The event is open to the public and there is free parking at Clyde's Pancake Emporium adjacent to the community center. Topics covered will include a symposium on "What Is a Computer", turning on a computer, an introduction to the keyboard, and more. Advanced users will have an opportunity to set up an AOL email account.

If you need a ride, you can call Billy Joe Hogsknuckle at 555.3685 to reserve one of the 5 seats available in his handicap conversion van. Be advised that he will have his grandmother with him, as she is teaching the symposium, so that leaves only 2 available seats.

No previous computer knowledge is necessary and soft, easily digested snacks will be available.

Mio and area Doings - Page 10 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2016-08-22, 16:01

http://www.oscodacountymi.com/prosecuting-attorney/

Mio and area Doings - Page 10 361471007
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-22, 16:07

tTito wrote:http://www.oscodacountymi.com/prosecuting-attorney/

Mio and area Doings - Page 10 361471007

You like her? She got elected at like age 24.....after "practicing" law for about 14 months.

Mio and area Doings - Page 10 Prosecuting-Attorney-Casandra-Morse-Bills

Her Dad owns the cement company in Mio as well as about 3-4 other businesses. Family's been in the area forever
so she defeated the incumbent rather easily. OTPT would love her though since she's pro pot.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2016-08-22, 16:10

Yeah, she's hot. Very cool too.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-22, 16:21

tTito wrote:Yeah, she's hot. Very cool too.

Another picture just for you.

Mio and area Doings - Page 10 Mio-CasandraMorse
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2016-08-22, 16:26

Thanks!
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-23, 21:52

One last plug for Riverfest - for those looking for some fun this weekend.

Oscoda County Riverfest

Beer Tents, Bands, Pig Roasts, Parades and then the UBER TUBER

Mio and area Doings - Page 10 Poster-10x15-jpeg

Mio and area Doings - Page 10 Schedule-of-events-16_5_orig

Mio and area Doings - Page 10 A03cef20e5d75819efd3862ccd101026
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-03, 10:40

Walk for Families

This event is 5k timed run/walk and the race course will be held on trails around the Skyline Event Center.  (Walkers who cannot walk a complete 5k are welcome to come and walk at their own pace/distance)

$25.00 adult/ $15.00 child (under 12) Fee waived if you raise $50 or more in donations. Pre-registration before September 1st guarantees a T-shirt in your size. T-shirts are first serve after September 1st.

This year we have a donor who has promised to match up to half of our mortgage so we can get it paid off.  All walk proceeds will go to this effort.  If we can raise $31,500 by the end of the year the money would be doubled and pay off the mortgage which would give us $6000  a year for the 25 years which otherwise we still would be paying on the mortgage. This money can then be used directly for services for our clients.  Your donation this year is worth double!  

All money that comes in for the matching grant prior to the walk will be shown on the site as a total.  

Mio and area Doings - Page 10 8779776A-BF5C-9375-4CA6-017F3ADE95DF
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-09-03, 10:47

Loose, do you snowmobile?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-03, 10:50

Turtleneck wrote:Loose, do you snowmobile?

Occasionally, not even close to what I used to when my sons were living at home. I still have an old Polaris 500 I putz around on a bit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-09-03, 10:53

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Loose, do you snowmobile?

Occasionally, not even close to what I used to when my sons were living at home. I still have an old Polaris 500 I putz around on a bit.

Cool. I assume lots of cool trails in the area by the Au Sable.

We are expecting the Mio updates to continue through the winter.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-03, 11:13

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Cool. I assume lots of cool trails in the area by the Au Sable.

We are expecting the Mio updates to continue through the winter.

Yeah, I used to live right by the end of the trail to Deeters. One thing that's different with snowmobiles vs Dirt bikes/ATVs is that the snowmobiles literally go all night. There would be relatively heavy trail traffic until 3-4am. Where I am now it's a 1/2 mile or so to catch a feeder trail to the main trail so it's a LOT quieter.

Once upon a time for another board I used to do snow/trail updates on Thursday evenings for the guys that were deciding whether to come up that weekend. That was 10 years ago when I used to ride more.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-06, 12:29

Meanwhile just north of Mio by 30 minutes or so....

Michigan DNR WLDLife ‏@MDNR_Wildlife 2h2 hours ago
Pictured: Emily Schaff with her harvested bull elk! Opening day as saw a total of 13 elk harvested this year.

Mio and area Doings - Page 10 CrrVMwwXgAApk1Q
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-06, 13:19

Mio and area Doings - Page 10 25867127_BG1

MIO, MI - The 37th annual "Let's Try to Remember September" dance will be held this Saturday at the Mio Community Center. In an attempt to help support the collective memory of the community, the Mio Memory Association started the "Let's Try to Remember September" dance 37 years ago this month. It's something that many citizens who are fortunate to remember last year's event are looking forward to. Clyde Hoopenlooger, 93, has been attending the event as long as he can remember, which is to say this is his first time attending the dance. There will be a dinner held at 2:30 this Saturday at the community center, followed by the dance at 3:15. It's asked that each attendee bring directions back to their home in case they forget where they live.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-07, 09:56

Summer's over - the Dining deals are back.

========
Lost Creek Sky Ranch
We will be bringing back steak night beginning September 7, 2016!! Come join us for a delicious New York Strip Steak-10oz $7.99-12oz $8.99, with $1.25 ala crate sides and $1.50 16oz Budweiser draft! All you can eat salad bar $3.50!
Customers do not have to have to order the steak to order all you can eat salad bar.

Mio and area Doings - Page 10 Slide3
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-07, 10:00

LooseGoose wrote:Summer's over - the Dining deals are back.

========
Lost Creek Sky Ranch
We will be bringing back steak night beginning September 7, 2016!! Come join us for a delicious New York Strip Steak-10oz $7.99-12oz $8.99, with $1.25 ala crate sides and $1.50 16oz Budweiser draft! All you can eat salad bar $3.50!
Customers do not have to have to order the steak to order all you can eat salad bar.

Mio and area Doings - Page 10 Slide3
5'10"
168 lbs
32X32
RHR = 42 bpm
BP = 116/68 mmHG

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-08, 08:15

Ants, and river cleanup

Mio and area Doings - Page 10 1080x675x160907_browntrout-1080x675.jpg.pagespeed.ic.zoXPdZG8Cv

It’s time to sign up for the Anglers of the Au Sable’s River Cleanup, Saturday, Sept 10.  We clean both the upper and lower rivers.  Please email Josh@GatesLodge.com or call 989 348 8462 to sign up!  
—————————————————-
Cleanup Clam Bake, September 9, 6 pm: All you can eat clams, bbq chicken, and smoked sausage, with all the fixins and the sides. Gonna be a fun party. We’ll have the lemonade, but BYOB. Grab your friends and family and come on down. Guaranteed to get you in the mood for cleanup. Limited spots available. $22/adult, kids pay their age ($5-$18). You must preregister for this event.

This was going to be a typical post about river cleanup, but then the hot humid rain happened today, and tomorrow is supposed to be sunny, and so I’ve got flying ants on my brain.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-15, 20:44

How not to collect past due rent - Mio style:

Landlord accused of kidnapping tenant strikes plea deal

According to Oscoda County court documents, 45-year-old Bradley Pelton was driving in Mio on December 12 near one of the homes he rents out, when he saw one of his tenants walking and offered him a ride to McDonald's.

The documents say the tenant got into the vehicle and instead of going to McDonald's, Pelton drove his tenant to the Mentor Township Cemetery.

The documents say that Pelton asked the tenant to pray near one of the graves, then pulled out a pistol and pointed it at the tenant while yelling 'where is my money.' The documents state that Pelton made the tenant get on his knees then pointed at the grave stones, telling the tenant 'that was what death looked like.'
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-09-15, 21:07

Mio and area Doings - Page 10 502811600 oh my god
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-15, 21:11

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Mio and area Doings - Page 10 502811600 oh my god

It's not all wine and roses up here. Close, but not 100%.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-16, 08:12

Mio and area Doings - Page 10 Traybleachin

MIO, MI - This Saturday in the Robert E. Lee Community Park and Nature Preserve, Dr. Chester Hoopernoggin, the county dentist, will host his annual "Ice Cream in the Park" event. All residents are invited to attend the event whose goal is to bring awareness to dental care in the greater Mio area. Dr. Hoopernoggin first was inspired to host this informational session when he realized that there were proportionate number of residents that "could eat an ear of corn through a picket fence". Residents are asked to park in the adjacent lot next to the Mio Cut-n-Gasp Hair Salon and Respiratory Therapy Office. The first 50 residents will receive a coupon for free dental floss.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-09-16, 09:20

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Mio and area Doings - Page 10 502811600 oh my god

It's not all wine and roses up here. Close, but not 100%.

The article doesn't say whether he got the money or not. T.V. 7&4 needs to step it up.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-27, 18:11

Black Bear Festival returns to Curran for another year

Mio and area Doings - Page 10 1474746745_664e

CURRAN — The annual Black Bear Festival brought people from all over Michigan to enjoy a classic car show, parade, arts and crafts show and cake walk on Saturday, Sept. 24.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-09-27, 18:13

Loose, I drove through the small town with a big heart last weekend. Thought of you.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-27, 18:28

Triple Sparty wrote:Loose, I drove through the small town with a big heart last weekend. Thought of you.

You disappoint me, I could have had you a nice pie waiting somewhere in town.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-29, 13:31

Pumpkin Fest brings affordable family fun to Skyline Event Center

Mio and area Doings - Page 10 1443906837_c39e

COMINS — Pumpkin Fest will offer family fun and affordable pumpkins at the Skyline Event Center for the fourth year in a row Oct. 1.

“We’ll have the wagon rides out to the pumpkin patch, the fresh-pressed cider, doughnuts, cocoa, pumpkins are still $2 and we’re going to do pumpkin chunkin’,” said Sherri Sanderson, one of the Pumpkin Fest organizers.

Sanderson said pumpkin chunkin’ involves kids picking out pumpkins for one of the festival workers to put into a large sling shot. Once the pumpkins are in the sling, the kids pull back the rope and send the pumpkins flying. The object of the game is for the pumpkins to hit a large target in the field.

Sanderson also said organizers expect to have more crafting tables this year with about a half-dozen vendors total. Most importantly, they’re hoping that the weather will hold out.

“A lot of it depends on the weather,” she said. “Obviously people don’t want to come out and sit in the 50 degree rain.”

His Love Family Resource Center will also be holding its 5K run/walk in conjunction with the festival to raise money for the parenting resource center.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-04, 07:35

Mio and area Doings - Page 10 Crystal8ounce238x250

Mio, MI - The Octogenarians of the Greater Mio Area would like to remind you that October is Jelly Month. The club, which represents the largest age demographic in Mio, celebrates those citizens between the ages of 80 and 89. Operating under the theory that jelly is a food-like substance that is easy to chew and digest, they believe it's important to promote the every day consumption of jelly. When reached for comment at a popular eating establishment, Meat-N-Greet, Janice Lee Berrybristle, Chair of the Octogenarians of the Greater Mio Area, stated that there will be free rides to the local grocery store for those interested in purchasing jelly. Due to space limitations on the bus, each person interested in a ride is limited to bringing along one (1) walker, one (1) oxygen machine and one (1) quilt.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-06, 11:27

The other fish of 10,000 casts

Mio and area Doings - Page 10 IMG_2736-1080x675

On a slow streamer day, it might just be a brown trout, and not a muskie, that is the fish of 10,000 casts. On Monday, I would bet that our boat threw somewhere around 7,500 of them, not including false casts. My hands were frozen into little claws and my elbow throbbed to the point that I was considering cortisone or at least single malt. We started early and stayed late. Sure some trout were caught. Never the big trout, but George found a nice one to end the day (he did all the fish catching, in fact) and after nearly ten hours of flailing, it was a high-five moment.

Mio and area Doings - Page 10 IMG_2749-1024x768

What makes a streamer angler do this? I think the streamer angler is either converted immediately or not at all, usually by the unexpected sight of a huge trout coming from nowhere and now hot pursuit. Such memories are what built the hopefulness (I almost wrote confidence) that the really cool thing that happened once might in fact happen again. And it does. Sometimes. Sometimes on the first cast of the day. Sometimes on the last. And so from this conviction a breed of anglers has emerged as “streamer anglers” who love nothing more than to dress head-to-toe for the elements and sling, and sling, and sling. I’m not sure I’m one of them, but for half the year I’ll happily play the part. And this is the start of that half of the year, and I’m excited.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-06, 13:29

@GottsLanding
Folks -- we are still open Saturdays and Sundays for fall color tours! We'll stay open as long as the weather permits this year, so call if you'd like to take a trip downriver!

Mio and area Doings - Page 10 Gotts-Sign_2
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-13, 17:42

Just small town dummies doing free things for the kids....

Mio and area Doings - Page 10 14671112_1212547905454028_1907724226802282763_n
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-14, 08:02

Mio and area Doings - Page 10 Retired-elderly-cpuple-smiling

Mio, MI - This Saturday in the Mio Community Center, third year law students from Wayne State University will be able to assist local residents with completing a living will. Living wills are an important consideration as you plan for the end of life. As a form of community outreach and public service, the law students at Wayne State, located in downtown Detroit, often reach out to those in neglected areas of the state. Due to the number of elderly people in the area, the law school plans to shut down Friday as they mobilize to assist area residents. Please bring copies of your medical records, dental records, and any ambulatory equipment necessary for you to navigate the halls of the community center. Soft foods will be provided by the law students and there will be an ambulance on site in case of emergencies.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Spartan 2016-10-16, 19:08

Goose, we are at Hartwick Pines, wife said she saw something about a giant pumpkin catapult near by, do you have any deets?
Martin Spartan
Martin Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-10-16, 19:12

Martin Spartan wrote:Goose, we are at Hartwick Pines, wife said she saw something about a giant pumpkin catapult near by, do you have any deets?

Can't beat a good punkin chunkin with a trebuchet.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-16, 19:18

Martin Spartan wrote:Goose, we are at Hartwick Pines, wife said she saw something about a giant pumpkin catapult near by, do you have any deets?

Wellington Farm. they're all over the webs. They were doing it this weekend and next. Right outside Grayling.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2016-10-16, 20:36

tGreenWay wrote:

Can't beat a good punkin chunkin with a trebuchet.

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-16, 22:24

Just dawned on me. WTF are you doing at Hartwick pines with no pie request? I swear some of you people are afraid I'll poison you. Look at Motown there, an hour later he was still alive.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next