Mio and area Doings

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-02-27, 11:03

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'll probably head down that way another 3-4 times this year..

Orange Peel? The Grey Eagle?

Holy shit....I don't like the name of this place at all.

[url=http://isisashevil le.com/]ISIS Music Hall[/url]


yeah - it's an unfortunate name - for the record, they were there long before their place was co-opted by a bunch of crazy people.

they have a nice menu there, too.
avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23354
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-02-28, 11:56

Fairview bakery preparing for record paczki sales



FAIRVIEW –– Fat Tuesday is fast approaching and Fairview Coffee Shop & Bakery is preparing for record sales this year.

In recent years, the Fairview Coffee Shop has sold approximately 700 paczkis to eager customers. This year, owner Tim Diller has been preparing to bake more than 1,000 for both dine-in and to-go orders.

Paczkis are similar to a traditional jelly doughnut but are heavier due to added eggs, sugar and butter. Traditionally, they were made in order to use up extra ingredients around the house before Lent. They are served for Fat Tuesday, the day before Ash Wednesday.

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 33502
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-03-01, 15:20

LooseGoose wrote:Fairview bakery preparing for record paczki sales



FAIRVIEW –– Fat Tuesday is fast approaching and Fairview Coffee Shop & Bakery is preparing for record sales this year.

In recent years, the Fairview Coffee Shop has sold approximately 700 paczkis to eager customers. This year, owner Tim Diller has been preparing to bake more than 1,000 for both dine-in and to-go orders.

Paczkis are similar to a traditional jelly doughnut but are heavier due to added eggs, sugar and butter. Traditionally, they were made in order to use up extra ingredients around the house before Lent. They are served for Fat Tuesday, the day before Ash Wednesday.
I have that same shirt.
avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23354
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by goodbar on 2017-03-02, 09:41

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I have that same shirt.

Bible and crossed AR-15's on the back right? me too!
avatar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 906
Join date : 2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-03-02, 09:48

goodbar wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I have that same shirt.

Bible and crossed AR-15's on the back right? me too!
yep.. with the #MAGA hashtag, as well.

of course, it was made in Mexico, but.. yeah.. whatever.

avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23354
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by goodbar on 2017-03-02, 14:05

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
goodbar wrote:

Bible and crossed AR-15's on the back right? me too!
yep.. with the #MAGA hashtag, as well.

of course, it was made in Mexico, but.. yeah.. whatever.


as long as those brown people stay in their own damn country while they're making things i'm ok with it. just don't be making them here in my country.
avatar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 906
Join date : 2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-03-06, 11:09

I'll buy if anyone wants to come up for the Spaghetti dinner benefit for Strawberry & Turtle.


_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 33502
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by Jake from State Farm on 2017-03-06, 12:48

LooseGoose wrote:I'll buy if anyone wants to come up for the Spaghetti dinner benefit for Strawberry & Turtle.


Are they going to have venison meatballs? Because if they do I'll for sure be there.

_________________
I'm wearing khaki
avatar
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 1782
Join date : 2014-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-03-18, 09:52

If anyone wants a Reuben for lunch, I'm buying.


_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 33502
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-03-21, 12:01

Great Lakes Graham and the Fiddle Man visit Comins



COMINS — The Great Lakes Graham and the Fiddle Man, a Marquette-based Celtic style music group, played at the Skyline Event Center March 17, along with other local musicians. The crowd enjoyed not only music but also goodies and coffee.

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 33502
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-03-21, 12:25

MIOKOV - MI, This weekend the Miokov Community Center will be hosting a program aimed at Russian sympathizers who have eschewed American values that aren't consistent with their moral, ethical and religious beliefs. Local resident and rabid supporter of Russia, Goosechev Trumpchov, 93, will be leading a workshop on the Russian language, how to demonstrate anti-American sentiment via online platforms and aligning yourself closely with other pro-Russian citizens in the greater Miokov area. The seminar begins at 1:00.

Long live Mother Russia.

Плеасе цонтацт Гоосецчев иф ыоу чаве фуртчер яуестионис регардинг тче Руссиан семинар челд тчис шеекенд ин Миоков.
avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23354
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by Triple Sparty on 2017-03-21, 12:35

Goose this weekend is maple syrup festival and there are about three Amish farms that participate.
avatar
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Posts : 1080
Join date : 2015-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-03-21, 12:50

Triple Sparty wrote:Goose this weekend is maple syrup festival and there are about three Amish farms that participate.

I see that now.....I'll have to go buy some so I can offer it to Travis and his Mio lady this summer on their waffles.




Visit a Michigan maple syrup farm during Michigan Maple Weekend

Oscoda County
Miller Brothers Maple Products – March 22, 10:00-4:00
295 W. Kneeland Rd. Mio, MI 48647
989-826-5073

Sweet Success Sugarbush – March 22, 10:00-4:00
1442 Galbraith Rd. Mio, MI 48647
989-826-3160

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 33502
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by Triple Sparty on 2017-03-21, 13:17

Don't forget this one (same hours as above):
Schmucker's Organic Farm

Sam Schmucker
371 W Kneeland Rd
Mio, MI 48647

Miller brothers are great and have large indoor space. Schmuckers is very cool because brand new boiler plus lots of kids and use draft horses. Both had free ice cream for sampling syrup with last year.
avatar
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Posts : 1080
Join date : 2015-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-03-21, 13:25

Triple Sparty wrote:Don't forget this one (same hours as above):
Schmucker's Organic Farm

Sam Schmucker
371 W Kneeland Rd
Mio, MI 48647

Miller brothers are great and have large indoor space. Schmuckers is very cool because brand new boiler plus lots of kids and use draft horses. Both had free ice cream for sampling syrup with last year.

They weren't on the Michigan list for some reason, I've actually bought syrup there before. I don't know if I've been to Miller Bros before, I'm going to check that one out. I'll know when I see the farm. thanks for alerting me.


_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 33502
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by Triple Sparty on 2017-03-21, 13:28

avatar
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Posts : 1080
Join date : 2015-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-03-21, 13:33


A helluva better list than the link I had.

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 33502
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by Triple Sparty on 2017-03-21, 14:32

Check out Schmuckers too. Go there first then Millers Bros. Unfortunately I do not think we are making it up this year.
avatar
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Posts : 1080
Join date : 2015-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-03-21, 14:52

Triple Sparty wrote:Check out Schmuckers too. Go there first then Millers Bros. Unfortunately I do not think we are making it up this year.
if you really want a good jelly, you should go to Schmuckers and then ask to speak to the matriarch of the family, Mother Schmucker.
avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23354
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-03-26, 09:42

Fifth annual Maple Syrup Weekend offers a taste of a sweet process



OSCODA COUNTY — A sweet treat came this weekend for Oscoda County in the form of the fifth annual Maple Syrup Weekend, March 25.

Participating business included Schmucker Organic Family Farm of Mio, Miller Brothers Maple Products of Mio, Sweet Success Sugarbush of Mio and Ed’s Maple Syrup of Fairview. The event offered samples, door prizes and knowledge about the process of making maple syrup.

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 33502
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-04-06, 13:36

American Legion set to host Easter Egg Hunt



LUZERNE — American Legion Post 162 is planning to have its annual Easter Egg Hunt April 8.

The post has been having its hunt for over 25 years, according to President Betty Berry. She said turnout has grown from year-to-year and expects this year’s event to draw 100 kids.

“We have more people showing up,” Berry said. “We have people who are coming from out of town to show up for this.”

Once the hunt gets underway, kids will search for 2,000 eggs spread throughout the post. The Easter Bunny is set to make an appearance at the post on one of the Luzerne Fire Department’s trucks. Following the hunt, kids will get an additional bag of candy from the Easter Bunny and receive a lunch featuring hot dogs, cookies and potato chips.

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 33502
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by Jake from State Farm on 2017-04-06, 20:22

LooseGoose wrote:American Legion set to host Easter Egg Hunt



LUZERNE — American Legion Post 162 is planning to have its annual Easter Egg Hunt April 8.

The post has been having its hunt for over 25 years, according to President Betty Berry. She said turnout has grown from year-to-year and expects this year’s event to draw 100 kids.

“We have more people showing up,” Berry said. “We have people who are coming from out of town to show up for this.”

Once the hunt gets underway, kids will search for 2,000 eggs spread throughout the post. The Easter Bunny is set to make an appearance at the post on one of the Luzerne Fire Department’s trucks. Following the hunt, kids will get an additional bag of candy from the Easter Bunny and receive a lunch featuring hot dogs, cookies and potato chips.

Eff the Easter bunny, I want some morels.

_________________
I'm wearing khaki
avatar
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 1782
Join date : 2014-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-04-06, 20:36

Jake from State Farm wrote:

Eff the Easter bunny, I want some morels.

Good luck with getting anyone to cough up secret locations for you.


_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 33502
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-04-08, 08:18

LooseGoose wrote:American Legion set to host Easter Egg Hunt



LUZERNE — American Legion Post 162 is planning to have its annual Easter Egg Hunt April 8.

The post has been having its hunt for over 25 years, according to President Betty Berry. She said turnout has grown from year-to-year and expects this year’s event to draw 100 kids.

“We have more people showing up,” Berry said. “We have people who are coming from out of town to show up for this.”

Once the hunt gets underway, kids will search for 2,000 eggs spread throughout the post. The Easter Bunny is set to make an appearance at the post on one of the Luzerne Fire Department’s trucks. Following the hunt, kids will get an additional bag of candy from the Easter Bunny and receive a lunch featuring hot dogs, cookies and potato chips.

Bump for those in the area today.

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 33502
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-04-15, 19:18

Skies clear up for Easter egg hunt



MIO — The Mio Dummy Club held its annual Easter egg hunt April 15 at the Oscoda County Park.

While conditions earlier in the day were rain-y, the sun came out just before the hunt began. At noon, parents and kids lined up at the starting line. Once the siren went off, kids rushed to collect 2,000 eggs containing candy scattered around the park. Four these eggs had a silver dollar hidden inside.

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 33502
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by Jake from State Farm on 2017-04-15, 20:19

LooseGoose wrote:Skies clear up for Easter egg hunt



MIO — The Mio Dummy Club held its annual Easter egg hunt April 15 at the Oscoda County Park.

While conditions earlier in the day were rain-y, the sun came out just before the hunt began. At noon, parents and kids lined up at the starting line. Once the siren went off, kids rushed to collect 2,000 eggs containing candy scattered around the park. Four these eggs had a silver dollar hidden inside.

She ended up with two of them? Must pay to know the easter bunny.

_________________
I'm wearing khaki
avatar
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 1782
Join date : 2014-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-04-23, 07:40

Mio AuSable students celebrate Earth Day


Forester and former Mio AuSable Board of Education President Paul Call talks to elementary students about the importance of forestry.

MIO — Elementary and middle school students celebrated Earth Day by participating in a variety of forest-related activities April 21.

Welch Land & Timber brought in different pieces of equipment to explain some of the positive environmental impacts of harvesting timber.

Forest Service AmeriCorps member Augusta Grumdahl provided information about the importance of forests and their inhabitants. Grumdahl used interactive games like pollinator tag to help students understand the process of pollination.

Kelly Sinnaeve, Conservation District Forester for Oscoda and Ogemaw counties, gave a presentation about the importance of forest management.

James Renn, a forest archaeologist for the Forest Service, gave a presentation on white pines and gave each student one of the trees to take home.

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 33502
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-04-24, 11:47


Lydia’s Gate to hold Spring Fling Auction




MIO — Lydia’s Gate will be holding its first Spring Fling Auction at the McGregor Athletic Complex April 28 to raise funds for the services the homeless shelter provides.

While this will be the first year for the auction, Lydia’s Gate has held galas for the last two years with an auction, guest speaker, games and a dinner at the TriPoint Church of God. President Anita Bills said the organization was trying to fit too many activities into the galas. This caused the board to make the event less formal.

“It just became a lot even though it was always very fun,” Bills said. “It got bigger every year.”

Board member Dorothy Belanger said last year’s gala made about $15,000. She said the event had been growing steadily from year to year. This year the group hopes to raise $20,000, which would be one-third of its $60,000 budget for the year.

Lydia’s Gate is a nonprofit homeless shelter for women and children. Bills said she founded the organization around 2011 and the home opened its doors in 2012. According to the Lydia’s Gate website, the house was built in 1928 and is one of the oldest in Oscoda County.

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 33502
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-04-25, 09:26

LooseGoose wrote:Looks like their next game is VS East Lansing - perhaps a Swill meetup for this rivalry clash up north?

Strategy, skill and sisterhood draw players to Kalkaska roller derby team





The Outlaws next game is scheduled for May 27 at the Kaliseum where the Outlaws are set to play the East Lansing Mavens.
May 27th, brah.. you got tickets??

I am not kidding when I say I actually know a couple of these young ladies.. I didn't know they played roller derby until I looked at the roster.  

East Lansing Mitten Mavens

(there are some pretty rough lookin' customers in there) Shocked
avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23354
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-04-25, 10:27

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Looks like their next game is VS East Lansing - perhaps a Swill meetup for this rivalry clash up north?

Strategy, skill and sisterhood draw players to Kalkaska roller derby team






May 27th, brah.. you got tickets??

I am not kidding when I say I actually know a couple of these young ladies.. I didn't know they played roller derby until I looked at the roster.  

East Lansing Mitten Mavens

(there are some pretty rough lookin' customers in there) Shocked

So you can get us back rink passes? We need to get WBH on this, he knows where the Kaliseum is and roller derby would be fun for his kids to take up.

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 33502
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-04-25, 10:32

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
May 27th, brah.. you got tickets??

I am not kidding when I say I actually know a couple of these young ladies.. I didn't know they played roller derby until I looked at the roster.  

East Lansing Mitten Mavens

(there are some pretty rough lookin' customers in there) Shocked

So you can get us back rink passes? We need to get WBH on this, he knows where the Kaliseum is and roller derby would be fun for his kids to take up.
went to a roller derby bout a few years ago at the Lansing Center.. it was entertaining for a while... not sure I want to experience the "back rink pass" scene, though.

Shocked
avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23354
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-04-28, 09:38

Only 1 performance left@!!

Fairview choir to perform ‘Into the Woods’




FAIRVIEW — The Fairview Area Schools High School Choir will be putting on a performance of “Into the Woods Jr.” by James Lapine April 27 and 29.

Director Kevin Salsbury said the play was chosen because it was appropriate for all ages and short in length, at an hour and 15 minutes long. He said the roles in the musical would also highlight voices in the choir.

“Every role in a play or a musical carries with it a certain personality,” he said. “It carries with it a certain range a person has to sing in, and this musical just seemed to fit the group of choir students I have this year.”

He said some of the performers in the play have been in three of the previous musicals the choir has put on. According to a press release from Salsbury, 22 performers will be in the play.

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 33502
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by goodbar on 2017-04-28, 10:12

LooseGoose wrote:Only 1 performance left@!!

Fairview choir to perform ‘Into the Woods’




FAIRVIEW — The Fairview Area Schools High School Choir will be putting on a performance of “Into the Woods Jr.” by James Lapine April 27 and 29.

Director Kevin Salsbury said the play was chosen because it was appropriate for all ages and short in length, at an hour and 15 minutes long. He said the roles in the musical would also highlight voices in the choir.

“Every role in a play or a musical carries with it a certain personality,” he said. “It carries with it a certain range a person has to sing in, and this musical just seemed to fit the group of choir students I have this year.”

He said some of the performers in the play have been in three of the previous musicals the choir has put on. According to a press release from Salsbury, 22 performers will be in the play.

she better make sure she returns that loaf to the fairview food market. that's gotta be one of two at the most that they have on hand.
avatar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 906
Join date : 2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-04-28, 10:17

LooseGoose wrote:American Legion set to host Easter Egg Hunt



LUZERNE — American Legion Post 162 is planning to have its annual Easter Egg Hunt April 8.

The post has been having its hunt for over 25 years, according to President Betty Berry. She said turnout has grown from year-to-year and expects this year’s event to draw 100 kids.

“We have more people showing up,” Berry said. “We have people who are coming from out of town to show up for this.”

Once the hunt gets underway, kids will search for 2,000 eggs spread throughout the post. The Easter Bunny is set to make an appearance at the post on one of the Luzerne Fire Department’s trucks. Following the hunt, kids will get an additional bag of candy from the Easter Bunny and receive a lunch featuring hot dogs, cookies and potato chips.



Watch out for falling jet engines.

Yes, I know the post I quoted is old. Whatever.
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11946
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-04-28, 20:55

goodbar wrote:she better make sure she returns that loaf to the fairview food market. that's gotta be one of two at the most that they have on hand.

Say what you will about the FFM - I'll say this: They have the very best cake type donuts in all of Michigan.

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 33502
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-04-30, 14:21

Don't know how many of you have ever canoed out of Hinchman Acres in Mio - but if you did this lady was probably there for you. A pillar of the community. RIP Mrs G.

Natalie Teresa Giardina of Mio, Michigan

Natalie was employed as a secretary at Ford Motor Company for 9 years. In April 1971, Natalie and Sam moved to Mio, Michigan where they successfully owned and operated Hinchman Acres Resort and Canoe Rental. They loved partnering together to build a quality resort and canoe rental on the beautiful AuSable River. They enjoyed the hard work and pride in operating a well known and popular family vacation destination. They provided quality service to many generations of repeat customers. Natalie loved the perennial gardens around the resort and tended to them with her expert green thumb. She sold the business in December 2012.

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 33502
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by goodbar on 2017-05-01, 09:32

LooseGoose wrote:
goodbar wrote:she better make sure she returns that loaf to the fairview food market. that's gotta be one of two at the most that they have on hand.

Say what you will about the FFM - I'll say this: They have the very best cake type donuts in all of Michigan.

I still have "participate in a bar fight at Scooters" on my bucket list. Saving it for last obviously.
avatar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 906
Join date : 2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-05-02, 13:44

goodbar wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Say what you will about the FFM - I'll say this: They have the very best cake type donuts in all of Michigan.

I still have "participate in a bar fight at Scooters" on my bucket list. Saving it for last obviously.

Make sure you don't meet them in a field afterward.


_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 33502
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-05-02, 13:45

It was nice to see Bob and the wife up here supporting the shelter.

Auction raises funds for shelter


_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 33502
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by goodbar on 2017-05-03, 10:40

LooseGoose wrote:
goodbar wrote:

I still have "participate in a bar fight at Scooters" on my bucket list. Saving it for last obviously.

Make sure you don't meet them in a field afterward.


I've read extensively about that...crazy shit.
avatar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 906
Join date : 2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum