Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask)

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask)

Post by Nordic on 2017-07-28, 10:27

InTenSity wrote:r/Bitcoin would be a good place to start. It sounds as if you leave your currency in an exchange and it will do whatever the exchange is doing, so in the case of Coinbase, you will keep your BTC and not have any BCC. If you take it out and have your key....then I'm not sure, maybe you get both, maybe you get to choose which you want to use. I didn't read too much before moving on to other things.

Yep, that is what I've gathered so far as well from reddit and other places. My shit is currently in Coinbase (not 10 BTC). I'm wondering if I leave it there and just stick with the BTC... or move it offline. If I do the later, I can't figure out exactly what happen (can you use your key on both, does it split into 2, can you use it on one not the other... can't figure it out).
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Re: Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask)

Post by Nordic on 2017-07-29, 01:03

tTy... where are you keeping your crypto... online wallet, flash drive, written on the back of a skoal can?

Serious question.  I want to move my shit off Coinbase asap (maybe too late?).  Any info on what you did would be appreciated. It's probably posted in this thread, but a quick scan didn't find specifics.
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy on 2017-07-31, 19:07

Dude, move it off coinbase NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a paper wallet. You won't get any BTCC if you have it in Coinbase.

WHAT JUST HAPPENED? WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!????????

tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy on 2017-07-31, 19:10

It might already be too late Nordy due to backlogs, but here are the 'structions to move to paper wallet.... It is fucking simple to do, but there is massive transactions taking place to bail on Coinbase r/n.

1. Generate a paper wallet: go to www.bitaddress.org and generate and print-off a paper wallet. This should be done off-line to be 100% safe, including the printing. Just unplug your ethernet before generating a new paper wallet (at bitaddress.org).

2. On that wallet you will see a public address (34 characters, on the left) and a private key (51 characters, on the right).

3. Go to your Coinbase account and withdraw your bitcoin to the public address (the 34 character one). The bitcoin are now REALLY yours.

4. Go to www.blockchain.info and place the public address (the 34 character string) into the search box on the home page - half-way down on the right - and you will be able to check that your bitcoin have arrived.

Your bitcoin are safe here for centuries - longer. Just don't give your private key to anyone you don't want to see it.

tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy on 2017-07-31, 19:12

Also, I saw tweets last night that BTCC futures are trading for .35BTC = almost a grand. That is crazy as shit and I doubt those prices will hold, and/or this will be even more volatile that other alt coins in the near term, but if people are already paying that, minus well get em while they're "free".

Good luck homie.......

tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy on 2017-07-31, 19:16

FYI, if you have your own private key for your BTC, then you get a 1:1 match, BTC:BTCC. That means get it the fuck off Coinbase yesterday and onto paper, brain, trezor, something YOU have the private key to.

tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy on 2017-07-31, 20:27

tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2017-07-31, 20:45

I setup a wallet on my computer Saturday moved my BTC. I don't have enough to worry about a hardware or paper wallet right now.

Waiting to what happens tomorrow
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy on 2017-07-31, 20:57

did you confirm that it went to your public address via www.blockchain.info?

tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2017-08-01, 00:08

tTy wrote:did you confirm that it went to your public address via www.blockchain.info?

I did now
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy on 2017-08-01, 00:10

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, now we need to figure out how the fuck to cash in our BTCC.... I don't know how to do that yet, but I think I want to cash that shit out and turn it into BTC or silver.

tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2017-08-01, 00:11

Ditto... how do we do it boss.
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy on 2017-08-01, 00:13

Nordic wrote:Ditto... how do we do it boss.

I'll send a request to CryptoTips and if she doesn't answer, I'll send her a dick pic. That'll get her attention.

tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy on 2017-08-01, 00:15

I'm going to ride Clif_High predictions until he is wrong. He said next stop = 2888 in Sept, then double-ish to 4/5-ishK, then pullback before rush to 13K at end of next year.

And if ETH follows, I'mma get a bonah. I'm way overweight in ETH vs BTH.

tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2017-08-01, 00:16

tTy wrote:
Nordic wrote:Ditto... how do we do it boss.

I'll send a request to CryptoTips and if she doesn't answer, I'll send her a dick pic. That'll get her attention.

Tell her it can go parabolic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy on 2017-08-01, 00:30

Nordic wrote:
tTy wrote:

Tell her it can go parabolic

She is totally going to wanna hard fork me.

tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy on 2017-08-01, 00:32

BTC = 2860 capped..... wonder what is going to happen next......

tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy on 2017-08-01, 00:39

Annnnd, as soon as I post that, it breaks out..... This might get nuts.

tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy on 2017-08-01, 01:15

BTC ramp, book it...... going higher now.

tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy on 2017-08-03, 18:56

tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy on 2017-08-05, 00:05

Hi BTC. Luv you....

tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2017-08-05, 01:06

para
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2017-08-05, 01:06

bolic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy on 2017-08-05, 02:40

It's bout time ETH made a move..... Gettin pist.

tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy on 2017-08-05, 02:41

This might be the move that Clif_high was targeting in September. He made that call prior to the known parameters of the recent BTC hardfork. Might = liftoff one month in advance. Makes sense.

tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy on 2017-08-07, 23:54

BTC tryna get through 3450 wall..... I just don't see how this can be stopped any time soon. Almost nobody I know gives a single fuck yet.

tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy on 2017-08-13, 02:08

BTC > 4000

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy on 2017-08-13, 02:42

CH = ETH @ > 538 now.... correction to the "200's"..... before heading higher.

tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by FatFingers on 2017-08-13, 15:15

tTy wrote:CH = ETH @ > 538 now.... correction to the "200's"..... before heading higher.

Translation ?
FatFingers
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy on 2017-08-14, 21:55

FatFingers wrote:
tTy wrote:CH = ETH @ > 538 now.... correction to the "200's"..... before heading higher.

Translation ?

Clif_High is predicting Etherium to 538 before pulling back to the "200's", and then heading higher.

Bitcoin > 4300 meow.

Clif_High is an eccentric idiot/genius. He predicts a lot of shit based upon "linguistic data mining" of the innernets. He has a horrible record on some stuff, but so far, a pretty good record on the cryptos. he is terrible at the precious metals, BUT, I attribute that to the fact that PM's can be fucked with and manipulated. Cryptos, so far, cannot be to the extent that it affects price discovery via supply/demand.

I have almost little doubt that Bitcoin will be within 10%, at some point, of his 13800 target by February of 2018. So far, he is under estimating Bitcoins moves but he is still calling almost every single move.

I'm not certain, and I have to find the clip, but I believe that he said that ETH/BTC will have one last pullback before it REALLY gets crazy. This is not MY advice, I am just second handing what I recall seeing/reading/hearing..... That said, I will in no way, shape or form be shocked if they go up 20X's in the next year. I will just LOL all the way to the decentralized bank and back.

tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy on 2017-08-14, 22:05

And still.... like 2 people here care, and ONLY because I bump this thread..... Otherwise, maybe Nordy would be on it. Nobody else would even have a clue.

Yeah, Cryptos are in a bubble n stuff..... "They have gone up way too fast!!!!" LMFAO..... nobody can conceptualize market cap, flight to safety affects, and what happens when super rich motherfuckers and institutions have to figure out how to preserve wealth in a society that HAS NO PHYSICAL MONEY, ONLY PAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone ever heard of the Dow or the NASDAQ? "You should buy google and apple n stuff.... cuz, it, like, goes up n stuff...." Ever heard anyone tell you that? How many times have you heard this vs, "Hey man, buy some Litecoin and Ethereum.... Some day that shit is going to be big."

100000000000000000000:1 is the answer. That is the ratio.

Wait till people start freaking and want to keep what they got.

OR

DOW/DAQ 9873938283983, here we come! Why not!?!?!? I have plenty of AAPL and GOOG, it can keep going up, cuz.... ummmmmm..............................

At some point, the USD becomes moot and you need to own the shit that the OTHER 7 billion people on planet Earth want to own. That won't be USD's in 20 years, homies. It won't.

tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy on 2017-08-14, 22:41

I love watching the wall of sellers at even numbers.  It always fails and then climbs higher.

buh bye 4400....... Lots of sellers at that nice round number.  Must be a lot of Cool Hand Luke fans out there.

tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy on 2017-08-14, 22:43

Eventually this is going to pop and break back down 30 or 40 percent. But it will go up even higher. I have zero doubt.

tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2017-08-14, 23:11

Wtf. Why is btc that high? What's holding eth back? Oh well and dick me for selling btc.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy on 2017-08-14, 23:36

Buy them, and hold them, InTen. That is and has always been my strategery..... Why would they "go down"? Answer me that..................................... Buy them, store them on a paper or brain wallet, and you will always have them. There could only ever be 21million BTC's, ever................ there are a lot of people in the world. A lot of us are growing leery of the USD. It is a store of wealth, and it is manifesting itself in the price of BTC right now.

Let's put it this way: Everyone who has bought and held BTC up to this point have done so because they do not trust the intrinsic value of the dollar. For every person on the planet who has a way and mean do purchase a BTC and thinks along these lines will bid the price up higher and higher. How could you stop that? Answer: You can't and you won't. Join the party or don't. You have a choice. Also buy silver. Same thing will happen there too at some point, but cryptos are tougher to manipulate, at least at this point in their life cycle. You are witnessing supply and demand in earnest............

Once the cabal refocuses on the cryptos and takes their eye off the precious metals, you will see the same thing in gold and silver as well.

It is happening. So easy................................. Get in on it or don't. Those are your two choices. I still favor silver for the biggest bang for your buck, but when cryptos go up like this, it is super hard not to play the game. I'm playing..................................................................... Game on............................................

tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy on 2017-08-14, 23:46

tTy wrote:BTC tryna get through 3450 wall..... I just don't see how this can be stopped any time soon. Almost nobody I know gives a single fuck yet.

5 days and 1000 usds ago. LMFAO

tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy on 2017-08-14, 23:57

Also, I might add, I still have all my BitCoinCash tokens since the hardfork. I think those are all worth like 300 bucks each as well, but I haven't even paid any attention to them either. So, really, Bitcoin, to me and everyone else who has bought and held is worth that much more. Basically, BTC = 4400 + 300 now. Give or take.

tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy on 2017-08-15, 00:09

I keep hearing that Litecoin is going to pop soon. Litecoin is supposed to be the BTC JV, but it had a huge runup and has been taking a break. If you want to get in on something "cheap", I'd suggest LTC. It will go over 100 for sure, now trading in the mid 40's. Basically a no brainer prolly........ If I were trading, I'd think about cashing in some BTC for LTC but not gonna. going to hold.

tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum