Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask)

+27
Jake from State Farm
tGreenWay
MSU addict
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
The Pantry
tTy
goodbar
I.B. Fine
Tim Wakefield
kingstonlake
Rocinante
MattyFresh
AnomanderRake
Robert J Sakimano
Wally Fairway
TheReal_LWS
Nordic
GRR Spartan
FatFingers
InTenSity
CORNER BLITZ
xsanguine
Turtleneck
31 posters

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next

Go down

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 20 Empty Re: Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask)

Post by kingstonlake Thu May 31, 2018 1:15 pm

Nordic wrote:Every time this thread gets bumped I check the price.  Yep still good.

I'd it ain't tTy bumping it you can be rest assured it's closer to $0.00 than $1000.....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 20 Empty Re: Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask)

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu May 31, 2018 3:16 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
Nordic wrote:Every time this thread gets bumped I check the price.  Yep still good.

I'd it ain't tTy bumping it you can be rest assured it's closer to $0.00 than $1000.....

I do have a bit of cash in Bitcoin still. I hope it goes back up at some point. I also like getting Ty all mad at everything.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu May 31, 2018 3:18 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I do have a bit of cash in Bitcoin still. I do hope it goes back up. I also like getting Ty all mad at everything.

I hear ya. He takes it all personal, lol. I'm sure he knows he's coming across as a salesman who has stock in his own company. Funny none the less.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:19 am

I'm just tryna tell you all the troof. Keep buying this shit. BTC, LTC and ETH. They are going to be the big winners long haul. Maybe Veratasium. I don't have any of that yet. You'll see, kingston. hopefully one of these days you will...... I just bought another LTC.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:48 pm

tTy wrote:I'm just tryna tell you all the troof.  Keep buying this shit.  BTC, LTC and ETH.  They are going to be the big winners long haul.  Maybe Veratasium.  I don't have any of that yet.  You'll see, kingston.  hopefully one of these days you will...... I just bought another LTC.

There's a crypto I've been paying attention to. In December it was .0039 today it's about .06 with a high of .25 in the span. Dumping it at .25 would have net a $6300 profit on a $100 investment.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:59 pm

Are krypto gains taxable?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:09 pm

The Pantry wrote:Are krypto gains taxable?

Good question
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:33 pm

Yes. I think over 20k.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:16 am

The Pantry wrote:Are krypto gains taxable?

I have only ever sold once, and bought right back. I sold some LTC and bought it all back once it fell. I paid $400 in taxes.. I didn't figure the taxes, I have had an accountant to my taxes the last several years while I divest from another unrelated business entity. This past year was the last year that I will pay anyone to do my taxes until such time that I get old as fuck and don't understand them any longer.

Long story short, I didn't research it at all, I just gave him all my buy/sell info on that one transaction and I paid. Bad news was I paid 400 bucks. Good news was that I reset the cost basis on a bunch of LTC. Other bad news is that I don't understand yet how to treat gains in terms of what is taxable and at what rate.

Yes, gains in cryptos are usually taxable. Don't cheat. You don't have to if you do this right.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:23 am

InTenSity wrote:Yes. I think over 20k.

LOL, NO!!!!

You are probably referring to Coinbase being forced to report peeps with over 20K in gains to the IRS.

Cryptos are basically untraceable if you are stealthy enough and want to play that game. I have chosen to be clear as day, and reported my only sale to the IRS this year and paid 400 bucks (and gained exactly 1 LTC). The good news is that I reset the cost basis on 40 LTC's way higher and so next time I sell = less taxes.

The thing is, depending upon the transferability of the coin and how easy it is to track, there becomes a point within which the IRS will have zero ability to track this shit.

You could easily claim you lost them or they were stolen or you gifted certain portions of them to different addresses/people.... there is simply no legislation yet that REALLY dictates any of this as far as I know. Just honor system...... #HI
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:55 am

tTy wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Yes. I think over 20k.

LOL, NO!!!!

You are probably referring to Coinbase being forced to report peeps with over 20K in gains to the IRS.

Cryptos are basically untraceable if you are stealthy enough and want to play that game.  I have chosen to be clear as day, and reported my only sale to the IRS this year and paid 400 bucks (and gained exactly 1 LTC).  The good news is that I reset the cost basis on 40 LTC's way higher and so next time I sell = less taxes.

The thing is, depending upon the transferability of the coin and how easy it is to track, there becomes a point within which the IRS will have zero ability to track this shit.

You could easily claim you lost them or they were stolen or you gifted certain portions of them to different addresses/people.... there is simply no legislation yet that REALLY dictates any of this as far as I know.  Just honor system.......#HI

AKA Tax fraud.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:28 am

So after this weekend I should get called out of most of my equities. Stocks are super high and I’m nervous about being in at this price. Any inverse etf’s you guys are into? I got called out of sq last Friday. Bought in this week and will get called out at 61.50.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:27 pm

steveschneider wrote:So after this weekend I should get called out of most of my equities. Stocks are super high and I’m nervous about being in at this price. Any inverse etf’s you guys are into? I got called out of sq last Friday. Bought in this week and will get called out at 61.50.

I'm not too big into shorting anything, sorry.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:10 pm

100% of the last 18 Fed rate-hiking cycles led to market declines. Do you think this time will be the exception?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:35 am

I have no idea what any of this means but it seems like the kind of thing some people might be upset with.. Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 20 2599972566

A cyberheist at a little-known virtual currency exchange helped wipe billions of dollars off the value of bitcoin and other digital currencies.

The price of bitcoin slumped more than 7% after South Korea's Coinrail announced that it had been targeted by cyberthieves.

Billions in Cryptocurrency Wiped Out After Hack
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:43 am

tTy wrote:100% of the last 18 Fed rate-hiking cycles led to market declines. Do you think this time will be the exception?

I love your passion tTy, but I hope you are not referring to this...

https://goldsilver.com/blog/18-historical-fed-rate-raising-cycles-18-straight-market-declines/

Sounds impressive - if you choose to ignore the dates they are using to prove their hypothesis.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:30 am

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:40 pm

Watched a video on yahoo finance most economists and financial experts see a recession coming. When is the big question.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:23 pm

Trying not to step into the political side of things, Steve, but that might not be possible with this issue. If we wind up in a trade war with multiple countries, and we’re early in the process but still on that precipice, we’ll see higher than average inflation and that will lead us into a recession. It doesn’t help that Wall Street and banks have seen so many Obama-era regs stripped that allow them to make high risk loans with little oversight. Will they repeat their conduct that led to the ‘08 recession? Let’s hope not.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:54 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Trying not to step into the political side of things, Steve, but that might not be possible with this issue. If we wind up in a trade war with multiple countries, and we’re early in the process but still on that precipice, we’ll see higher than average inflation and that will lead us into a recession. It doesn’t help that Wall Street and banks have seen so many Obama-era regs stripped that allow them to make high risk loans with little oversight. Will they repeat their conduct that led to the ‘08 recession? Let’s hope not.

Don't be bringin your fancy classroom economie corse book lernin stuff in this thread, boy.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:54 pm

I’m an educational elite. Quick! Somebody fetch me a latte and a Volvo! Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 20 2275418548
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:08 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Trying not to step into the political side of things, Steve, but that might not be possible with this issue. If we wind up in a trade war with multiple countries, and we’re early in the process but still on that precipice, we’ll see higher than average inflation and that will lead us into a recession. It doesn’t help that Wall Street and banks have seen so many Obama-era regs stripped that allow them to make high risk loans with little oversight. Will they repeat their conduct that led to the ‘08 recession? Let’s hope not.

fail
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:53 am

tGreenWay wrote:I’m an educational elite. Quick! Somebody fetch me a latte and a Volvo! Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 20 2275418548

I bet you'ern onna them folks that have themselves both a white AND a black lantern boy at the end of you'ern there driveway, ain't you?
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:07 am

My kid likes talking to them. She's open minded.

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 20 Img_2011
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:37 pm

goodbar wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I’m an educational elite. Quick! Somebody fetch me a latte and a Volvo! Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 20 2275418548

I bet you'ern onna them folks that have themselves both a white AND a black lantern boy at the end of you'ern there driveway, ain't you?

You and your damn avocado toast... I hate you, Greenway.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:11 pm

kingstonlake wrote:My kid likes talking to them. She's open minded.

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 20 Img_2011
Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 20 502811600

true story - the house next door to the Baptist church across the street from my parent's house has two of those statues sitting on the front porch.

afro
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:29 pm

In what world are these not huge neon "I'm a fucking racist" signs.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:31 pm

Rocinante wrote:In what world are these not huge neon "I'm a fucking racist" signs.
here's the thing.. I grew up down south.. they've probably been there since I was a little kid and I never even noticed them.

The only reason I did notice them was when my SJW, East Lansing born and raised daughter first noticed them years ago and was outraged.. I had to talk her into NOT going over there and starting trouble. Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 20 502811600

ever time we walk/drive by there now when we're down south, I hear her mumbling under her breath. Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 20 1966794946
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:45 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:In what world are these not huge neon "I'm a fucking racist" signs.
here's the thing.. I grew up down south.. they've probably been there since I was a little kid and I never even noticed them.

The only reason I did notice them was when my SJW, East Lansing born and raised daughter first noticed them years ago and was outraged.. I had to talk her into NOT going over there and starting trouble. Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 20 502811600

ever time we walk/drive by there now when we're down south, I hear her mumbling under her breath. Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 20 1966794946

You should've let her start trouble. Fuck that shit.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:54 pm

Hey Kingston, you might want to consider a pressure washer for those steps. Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 20 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:54 pm

Rocinante wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

You should've let her start trouble.  Fuck that shit.
yeah, I hear ya. No
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:05 am

No shit?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:38 am

tGreenWay wrote:Hey Kingston, you might want to consider a pressure washer for those steps. Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 20 502811600

Lol, it's an old lighthouse in Presque Isle. Maybe I'll let them borrow mine.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:39 am

It's always a good sign when the creator of LTC dumped all his holdings of......

LTC.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:46 am

All this crypto lingo BS reminds me of wine snobs trying to out word each other in describing wines. My bet is this crypto bubble is basically Amway.

Lightning is a decentralized, off-chain transaction network that follows a multi-hop hub and spoke model with potential to extend Bitcoin’s scalability to billions of transactions per day. The launch of Bitcoin Art Gallery has proved just how efficient the Lightning Network is. In addition to the listed benefits, this network will also enable instant, low-cost payments, and atomic cross-chain transactions.

“Seeing LN used for this kind of app makes me sad. Rather than empowering individual’s voices, this app encourages combative over powering of other’s artistic expressions via monetary means.”

After advocating for SegWit’s activation on Litecoin and Bitcoin, Charlie Lee took to Twitter to display his enthusiasm for Bitcoin Art Gallery. It is a pixel art game powered by BTC Lightning Network that pays 1 Satoshi for changing 1 pixel on the board.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:47 am

Blockchain isn't going away regardless of the stupidity of the initial offerings. The technology is too useful. The question is, what's the next use of it, and how do people get in on the ground floor. I have some ideas, but I'm no Ty, so...
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:51 pm

Sure wish I sold everything at the beginning of the year.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:16 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/13/technology/bitcoin-price-manipulation.html
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:32 pm

Rocinante wrote:Blockchain isn't going away regardless of the stupidity of the initial offerings.  The technology is too useful.  The question is, what's the next use of it, and how do people get in on the ground floor.  I have some ideas, but I'm no Ty, so...

This
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:40 pm

Kingston, that seems much more like a corporate consultant’s jargon wet dream rather than wine snob-speak.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next