Swill Q Thread

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by Code_Warrior on 2014-07-08, 18:55

Tyler Durden wrote:I'm thinking of picking up this bad boy for my patio:

Technology can't substitute for a pitmaster who knows how to use his pit. Money spent on gizmos like temp controllers and pellet feeders is better spent on thicker steel and other high quality materials. No matter what you do, your pit will have idiosyncrasies that will lead to frustrations if you don't learn them. Chief among these is the temp distribution inside your pit. Having a temp controller doesn't mean that the whole pit is at that temp, the only point in the pit that's at that temp is the point where the temp probe is. Plus, technology is prone to failure and I can't imagine not being able to smoke something because the smoker's computer board went down.

Simpler is better and great Q can be made on really cheap pits if you know how to use them. Trust me on this, I've had an $80 el cheapo offset smoker and my current smoker is a $150 Masterbuilt XL Cabinet style propane smoker. I'd love to have a green egg or a pit like WBH's pit because of the quality of the materials, but I can't afford those. Nevertheless, I can make some great Q on that MBXL.

No matter how much money I had, I wouldn't waste it on the pit in the picture because it promises convenience and ease of use, but it will have its own set of idiosyncrasies that you'll need to learn just like any other pit and it looks too fragile to me to last, not to mention it's dependence on electronics that can be prone to failure.

If you can't afford the time to learn how to effectively use a BBQ pit, then you're better off buying BBQ from someone who does. It's easier, takes a lot less time than doing it yourself, and there's nothing wrong with doing that.

_________________

Give them NOTHING!  Take from them EVERYTHING!
"The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."- Thucydides
avatar
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 2169
Join date : 2014-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2014-07-08, 18:58

You just inspired me, Code. I haven't used the big pit since Easter. It's coming out tonight for those 3 beef ribs. Cuz why not.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15813
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by All Your Base on 2014-07-08, 19:06

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:You just inspired me, Code. I haven't used the big pit since Easter. It's coming out tonight for those 3 beef ribs. Cuz why not.

Hell yeah! I agree with Code, and I'm glad you're bustin out the big boy tonight. Pics! (I probably don't have to ask that, because I know I sure would post with the bigun!)
avatar
All Your Base
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 205
Join date : 2014-04-28
Location : SoCal

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by All Your Base on 2014-07-08, 19:10

Code_Warrior wrote:
Technology can't substitute for a pitmaster who knows how to use his pit.  Money spent on gizmos like temp controllers and pellet feeders is better spent on thicker steel and other high quality materials.  No matter what you do, your pit will have idiosyncrasies that will lead to frustrations if you don't learn them.  Chief among these is the temp distribution inside your pit.  Having a temp controller doesn't mean that the whole pit is at that temp, the only point in the pit that's at that temp is the point where the temp probe is.  Plus, technology is prone to failure and I can't imagine not being able to smoke something because the smoker's computer board went down.

 Simpler is better and great Q can be made on really cheap pits if you know how to use them.  Trust me on this, I've had an $80 el cheapo offset smoker and my current smoker is a $150 Masterbuilt XL Cabinet style propane smoker.  I'd love to have a green egg or a pit like WBH's pit because of the quality of the materials, but I can't afford those.  Nevertheless, I can make some great Q on that MBXL.

No matter how much money I had, I wouldn't waste it on the pit in the picture because it promises convenience and ease of use, but it will have its own set of idiosyncrasies that you'll need to learn just like any other pit and it looks too fragile to me to last, not to mention it's dependence on electronics that can be prone to failure.

If you can't afford the time to learn how to effectively use a BBQ pit, then you're better off buying BBQ from someone who does.  It's easier, takes a lot less time than doing it yourself, and there's nothing wrong with doing that.

My take on this is that there just is NO substitute for real wood, slow-fired and consistent smoke when you're talking about smoking meat.

That device may work great, but it's not for me.  I like to smell like I've been tending to my smoker when I'm finished.


Last edited by All Your Base on 2014-07-08, 19:11; edited 1 time in total
avatar
All Your Base
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 205
Join date : 2014-04-28
Location : SoCal

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by The Pantry on 2014-07-08, 19:10

The Pantry wrote:Smoked a 4# pork loin roast a couple years ago.  Wrapped it in thick cut bacon. Came out great.  Had a pic of it but can't find it now

Found the pic over at tCock.  Used broken kabob skewers to hold the bacon on because toothpicks didn't seem enough for the task.  My notes remind that I brined it for 8 hours.  Came out very juicy.  



Like CW said, they don't take very long to smoke. Reminder to do one again soon
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 8251
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2014-07-08, 19:15

Man I'm getting some rust on that thing. I'm going to have to hit it with a wirebrush before tailgate season.

Now I just need a bottle of bourbon and JV to give up 6 runs in the first inning so I can give up on the Tiger game.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15813
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by All Your Base on 2014-07-08, 19:19

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Man I'm getting some rust on that thing. I'm going to have to hit it with a wirebrush before tailgate season.

Now I just need a bottle of bourbon and JV to give up 6 runs in the first inning so I can give up on the Tiger game.

Bastard is half way there. :/
avatar
All Your Base
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 205
Join date : 2014-04-28
Location : SoCal

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2014-07-08, 19:20

No shit.   

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15813
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by All Your Base on 2014-07-08, 19:22

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:No shit.   

They're making me much more interested in Qing and message board posting than watching these guys lately. I don't like that.
avatar
All Your Base
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 205
Join date : 2014-04-28
Location : SoCal

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by The Pantry on 2014-07-08, 19:43

Code_Warrior wrote:
Technology can't substitute for a pitmaster who knows how to use his pit.  Money spent on gizmos like temp controllers and pellet feeders is better spent on thicker steel and other high quality materials.  No matter what you do, your pit will have idiosyncrasies that will lead to frustrations if you don't learn them.  Chief among these is the temp distribution inside your pit.  Having a temp controller doesn't mean that the whole pit is at that temp, the only point in the pit that's at that temp is the point where the temp probe is.  Plus, technology is prone to failure and I can't imagine not being able to smoke something because the smoker's computer board went down.

 Simpler is better and great Q can be made on really cheap pits if you know how to use them.  Trust me on this, I've had an $80 el cheapo offset smoker and my current smoker is a $150 Masterbuilt XL Cabinet style propane smoker.  I'd love to have a green egg or a pit like WBH's pit because of the quality of the materials, but I can't afford those.  Nevertheless, I can make some great Q on that MBXL.

No matter how much money I had, I wouldn't waste it on the pit in the picture because it promises convenience and ease of use, but it will have its own set of idiosyncrasies that you'll need to learn just like any other pit and it looks too fragile to me to last, not to mention it's dependence on electronics that can be prone to failure.

If you can't afford the time to learn how to effectively use a BBQ pit, then you're better off buying BBQ from someone who does.  It's easier, takes a lot less time than doing it yourself, and there's nothing wrong with doing that.
Completely agree.  

Bought a $70 charcoal Brinkmann about 3 years ago.  After a couple smokes it was obvious the design was flawed...the fire rack was way too close to the water pan forcing numerous refills of the pan over the course of a long smoke.  Fortunately there was plenty of room to drop the fire rack with a cheap modification and the thing has been making great stuff ever since.  One of my favorites



A butterflied and rolled leg of lamb using a recipe from Jaheab at the old board
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 8251
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by Code_Warrior on 2014-07-08, 20:07

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:You just inspired me, Code. I haven't used the big pit since Easter. It's coming out tonight for those 3 beef ribs. Cuz why not.
Hellz yeah!  

_________________

Give them NOTHING!  Take from them EVERYTHING!
"The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."- Thucydides
avatar
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 2169
Join date : 2014-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by Code_Warrior on 2014-07-08, 20:08

The Pantry wrote:
Found the pic over at tCock.  Used broken kabob skewers to hold the bacon on because toothpicks didn't seem enough for the task.  My notes remind that I brined it for 8 hours.  Came out very juicy.  



Like CW said, they don't take very long to smoke.  Reminder to do one again soon
  

_________________

Give them NOTHING!  Take from them EVERYTHING!
"The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."- Thucydides
avatar
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 2169
Join date : 2014-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by All Your Base on 2014-07-08, 20:10

Well now.......thank you, Tigers, for making my night a little better. :)
avatar
All Your Base
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 205
Join date : 2014-04-28
Location : SoCal

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by Code_Warrior on 2014-07-08, 20:18

All Your Base wrote:

My take on this is that there just is NO substitute for real wood, slow-fired and consistent smoke when you're talking about smoking meat.

That device may work great, but it's not for me.  I like to smell like I've been tending to my smoker when I'm finished.
Yep! My clothes smelling like smoke is one of those things that keeps me in the spirit long after the smoking is done!

I think WBH posted something in this thread about using charcoal and getting that taste that you just can't duplicate any other way and I agree with that. There is a subtle difference in taste between my current gasser and my old el-cheapo offset that I used chunk charcoal in. The charcoal seems to add another subtle flavor profile that I can't quite duplicate in my gasser with wood alone. In fact, I've considered adding charcoal chunks in the wood pan to see if I can duplicate that flavor profile, it may even help to regulate temps better. I think I'll try that on my next smoke.

_________________

Give them NOTHING!  Take from them EVERYTHING!
"The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."- Thucydides
avatar
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 2169
Join date : 2014-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by The Pantry on 2014-07-08, 20:27

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:No man, that is just salt (Celtic Sea Salt btw, thank you Pantry) and coarse ground BP. Holy shit was that good. Never been a pork guy. Unbelievable. I'm trying to post pics but Flickr is being a C-U-Next-Tuesday. This is solidly in the tailgate rotation. Super easy, too.
You're welcome.  Just got another 22# bag last week (with a  2 1/2# bag of organic black peppercorns).  Great stuff.  It's milder than table or kosher.  Pretty difficult to over-salt anything.  Use it for everything except anything boiled, in which case I use kosher.

Get a good grinder.  Have tried a number of them.  Some worked well but didn't last.  Others produced an unpredictable grind and were complete shit.  Have had a Kuhn Rikon grinder for 5 or 6 years that produces any grind I want.  Highly recommend the brand.
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 8251
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2014-07-08, 20:30

I bought the little bags. 3 of them. It's dry and already pretty fine. I think it should be fine in a standard shaker. What is the difference between getting it like that and the coarser wet stuff? Just the ability to buy in bulk?

Way to go Tigers.

I just filled up the firebox with lump and oak. I'm so damn wasteful. All for 3 dino ribs.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15813
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by Code_Warrior on 2014-07-08, 20:30

The Pantry wrote:
Completely agree.  

Bought a $70 charcoal Brinkmann about 3 years ago.  After a couple smokes it was obvious the design was flawed...the fire rack was way too close to the water pan forcing numerous refills of the pan over the course of a long smoke.  Fortunately there was plenty of room to drop the fire rack with a cheap modification and the thing has been making great stuff ever since.  One of my favorites



A butterflied and rolled leg of lamb using a recipe from Jaheab at the old board
Another   

I modified my $80 el-cheapo offset smoker into a reverse flow smoker and made a new charcoal container out of expanded metal since the charcoal grate was too big for it to keep the charcoal off the bottom. That smoker had a 50 degree temp difference from one end to the other and it was barely long enough to hold a rack of ribs. In fact, I could only fit 3 racks of ribs in it and had to use a rib rack to stand them on edge. I had to keep turning the ribs so that they would get done evenly. The thing is, prior to making the reverse flow mod, the firebox opening discharged right into the smoking chamber and I had a 100 degree temp difference from one end to the other. That smoker rotted out within 2 years and then I got my MBXL.

I've done some mods to my MBXL too. I added some of my extra patio pavers to the bottom to add some extra heat mass, and I ditched the small water pan that was too close to the burner and I just use a large foil pan 1/3 full of water on the bottom rack. I also covered it in that aluminized bubble wrap material for insulation, but that stuff is only good for 250 degrees so it started disintegrating so I pulled it all off and I just use it in the buff.

That's the great thing about BBQ. Messing with your pit and experimenting. I just love it!

_________________

Give them NOTHING!  Take from them EVERYTHING!
"The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."- Thucydides
avatar
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 2169
Join date : 2014-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2014-07-08, 20:40

I forgot to mention, had to make a Kraft Mac n Cheese run. Here is a pic of that pork loin cut that I bought.


_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15813
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2014-07-08, 21:45

Fire on. Let's see how long it takes to get up to temps.


_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15813
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by The Pantry on 2014-07-08, 22:34

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I bought the little bags. 3 of them. It's dry and already pretty fine. I think it should be fine in a standard shaker. What is the difference between getting it like that and the coarser wet stuff? Just the ability to buy in bulk?

Way to go Tigers.

I just filled up the firebox with lump and oak. I'm so damn wasteful. All for 3 dino ribs.
Bulk is definitely cheaper.  Like pepper, I prefer coarse for anything going on the grill (direct, indirect, or rotisserie) and in the smoker.  

Fine ground salt sort of disappears when applied,  Coarse stands out...you can see how much and where you put it.



the 22#

avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 8251
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2014-07-08, 22:57

Cool, thanks Pantry.

Dino ribs are on.






_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15813
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by GirbaudJeans on 2014-07-08, 23:13

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Cool, thanks Pantry.

Dino ribs are on.






That looks like shit. You don't know what you are doing.
avatar
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 277
Join date : 2014-04-24
Age : 41
Location : Austin, TX

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2014-07-08, 23:14

**** you asshole!

PS. Your friends are weird.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15813
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by GirbaudJeans on 2014-07-08, 23:16

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:**** you asshole!

PS. Your friends are weird.

Learn how to use the quote and which friends ?
avatar
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 277
Join date : 2014-04-24
Age : 41
Location : Austin, TX

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by The Pantry on 2014-07-08, 23:18

GirbaudJeans wrote:

That looks like shit.  You don't know what you are doing.
The gloves are definite overkill
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 8251
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2014-07-08, 23:19

GirbaudJeans wrote:

Learn how to use the quote and which friends ?

All of us. And looks like just you and me Wednesday again. Your bro joining us that night.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15813
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2014-07-08, 23:21

The Pantry wrote:
The gloves are definite overkill

I don't like to touch raw meat with my bare hands. I'm weird, I know. Get off me, I have kids and everyone is always sick all of the time and I'm super paranoid about meat bacteria.

These were already dirty from last night so I used them to put the meat on the grill.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15813
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by GirbaudJeans on 2014-07-08, 23:22

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

All of us. And looks like just you and me Wednesday again. Your bro joining us that night.

He will be there the exact time he says.
avatar
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 277
Join date : 2014-04-24
Age : 41
Location : Austin, TX

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by tTy on 2014-07-09, 00:09

What time are these scheduled to be done anyways?

_________________
Connor Cook does not give a ****.

WHAT JUST HAPPENED? WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!????????

avatar
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 4356
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2014-07-09, 00:12

I have no fucking idea. I have cooked racks intact before but never individually chopped. I thought it would be quick. My last visit outside tells me otherwise. Then again, see spare rib cook on Sunday night. Perhaps I should bring my thermometer next time I go out (not the infared one). BTW the moon is 63.5 degrees.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15813
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by tTy on 2014-07-09, 00:18

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I have no fucking idea. I have cooked racks intact before but never individually chopped. I thought it would be quick. My last visit outside tells me otherwise. Then again, see spare rib cook on Sunday night. Perhaps I should bring my thermometer next time I go out (not the infared one). BTW the moon is 63.5 degrees.

Fahrenheit, Celsius or Kelvin?


_________________
Connor Cook does not give a ****.

WHAT JUST HAPPENED? WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!????????

avatar
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 4356
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2014-07-09, 00:28

The inside of my firebox is between 680 and 930 degrees.

I just probed the ribs and they're like 150. I'm fucked here. I am not going to ruin these things. I have to wait.

I'm tired and already to the point where I should stop drinking if I want to have a productive day tomorrow. I may be taking my 9 AM call with like a .04 buzz.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15813
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by tTy on 2014-07-09, 00:30

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The inside of my firebox is between 680 and 930 degrees.

I just probed the ribs and they're like 150. I'm fucked here. I am not going to ruin these things. I have to wait.

I'm tired and already to the point where I should stop drinking if I want to have a productive day tomorrow. I may be taking my 9 AM call with like a .04 buzz.

What = target temp for dino ribz? I have never done them before.

_________________
Connor Cook does not give a ****.

WHAT JUST HAPPENED? WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!????????

avatar
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 4356
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by tTy on 2014-07-09, 00:32

PS: I'm still working on my quota for the night and just started the GER/GUHZIL soccer match (haven't watched it yet) so I can keep you company for a while if you have a ways to go.

_________________
Connor Cook does not give a ****.

WHAT JUST HAPPENED? WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!????????

avatar
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 4356
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2014-07-09, 00:33

Much like brisket. They are done when they are done. Probe tender. Somewhere north of 190, south of 210.

I cooked them up at mokey's place last year and they probed like butter but were not done yet for some reason. We waited another hour and they were incredible.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15813
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2014-07-09, 00:33

tTy wrote:PS: I'm still working on my quota for the night and just started the GER/GUHZIL soccer match (haven't watched it yet) so I can keep you company for a while if you have a ways to go.

You are going to rewatch that shitfest?
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15813
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by tTy on 2014-07-09, 00:35

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

You are going to rewatch that shitfest?

Minus well.... It is the most historical kickball ass whippin in my lifetime and I have it on DVR, soooooo.....

_________________
Connor Cook does not give a ****.

WHAT JUST HAPPENED? WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!????????

avatar
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 4356
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2014-07-09, 01:39

Sigh. Just went out to check again and realized these ribs were cut the wrong way. You are not seeing 3 individual short ribs. You are somehow seeing 3 pieces of meat sawed perpendicular to the bone.

Oh well, they should still taste pretty good when they're done, but this is not how you make/serve a beef rib.

Also I'm a dumbass for not picking up on this out of the box. Signs are obvious now that I'm looking back on the pix.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15813
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by tTy on 2014-07-09, 01:42

lol

Can I get three beef ribs please? Polish cut..... Thanks.

_________________
Connor Cook does not give a ****.

WHAT JUST HAPPENED? WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!????????

avatar
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 4356
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Swill Q Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2014-07-09, 02:20

I ate them. They were undercooked and cooked improperly. Or shall I say butchered improperly. Thanks a lot Obama.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15813
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum