Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ringer - Bill Simmons new website

+4
Cameron
steveschneider
StylesGShmooth
GRR Spartan
8 posters

Go down

The Ringer - Bill Simmons new website Empty The Ringer - Bill Simmons new website

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-06-04, 15:22

Bill Simmons most recently of ESPN's Grantland that ESPN shut down is back on the web with his own site
The Ringer. He is the editor and also writes for the site that also has a staff. (It's not all Simmons)

https://theringer.com

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The Ringer - Bill Simmons new website Empty Re: The Ringer - Bill Simmons new website

Post by StylesGShmooth 2016-06-04, 17:06

Been listening to most of the Ringer podcasts for a while now.   Websie just launched, It's about 98% Grantland.  Wish Rembert would get on board, loved his pieces. Barnwell and Zach Lowe too.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The Ringer - Bill Simmons new website Empty Re: The Ringer - Bill Simmons new website

Post by steveschneider 2016-06-04, 20:27

Shouldn't be hard for him to grow it, ESPN is dumbed down and they cut a lot of good people.

Saw that olbermann is writing for it. Will have to start checking it out.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2016-06-04, 21:56

Still getting used to the layout, but I like the content so far. Plenty of stuff that I skip over (the pop culture stuff, mostly), but still lots that interests me.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2016-06-17, 10:00

Giant piece of shit right now - hopefully it improves.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-06-17, 10:04

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Giant piece of shit right now - hopefully it improves.

yeah, ummm, that layout gave me tourettes.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-16, 11:18

College Basketball Power Rankings: Michigan State Rises and Madness Abounds

The Spartans kept their Big Ten title and NCAA tournament no. 1 seed hopes alive by beating Purdue 68–65 last Saturday, and then followed up their biggest win of the year by dragging the corpse of Minnesota’s basketball program around the Barn for two hours during an 87–57 rout on Tuesday. Michigan State is now riding a nine-game winning streak that spans almost a month; Miles Bridges has stopped jacking so many 3-pointers (although hoisting up an ill-advised 3 did work out for him recently); Cassius Winston isn’t throwing the ball all over the gym as much; and “lights-out shooter Matt McQuaid” appears to have finally killed his evil twin, “awkwardly run around and fall over all game Matt McQuaid.” It’s official: The Spartans are BACK!

More at the link.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-16, 11:45

LooseGoose wrote:College Basketball Power Rankings: Michigan State Rises and Madness Abounds

The Spartans kept their Big Ten title and NCAA tournament no. 1 seed hopes alive by beating Purdue 68–65 last Saturday, and then followed up their biggest win of the year by dragging the corpse of Minnesota’s basketball program around the Barn for two hours during an 87–57 rout on Tuesday. Michigan State is now riding a nine-game winning streak that spans almost a month; Miles Bridges has stopped jacking so many 3-pointers (although hoisting up an ill-advised 3 did work out for him recently); Cassius Winston isn’t throwing the ball all over the gym as much; and “lights-out shooter Matt McQuaid” appears to have finally killed his evil twin, “awkwardly run around and fall over all game Matt McQuaid.” It’s official: The Spartans are BACK!

More at the link.

Titus is awesome. Glad he got away (or was fired) from ESPiN.

But what Pearl is accomplishing is much more impressive considering that the Porter-era Tigers were cut down by NCAA violations involving a player receiving illicit benefits. Something like that would most certainly never happen under Pearl’s watch.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-01-10, 09:41

[tw]1083322588326174721[/tw]

Suspect
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-10, 10:38

Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1083322588326174721[/tw]

Suspect

Pretty interesting read. For some reason I always thought they were just putting couples or married couples on the big screen.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-01-10, 10:42

I have like 10 or more things that they should stop doing at athletic arenas.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-01-10, 10:51

I like the Ringer, but it definitely gets a little SJW-y at times.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-10, 10:51

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I have like 10 or more things that they should stop doing at athletic arenas.

Yeah, like the 'show us your tits' chant.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-01-10, 10:53

steveschneider wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1083322588326174721[/tw]

Suspect

Pretty interesting read. For some reason I always thought they were just putting couples or married couples on the big screen.

The kiss cam is acted out hundreds of times a week across America, thousands of times a year., She found a couple of examples where it didn't work out. I'm guessing the vast majority of those randomly chosen are together. While I think the kiss cam is dumb, those that aren't can simply wave off the camera.

I don't really know if she's serious, or she's trying to be funny.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-10, 11:21

Floyd Robertson wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

The kiss cam is acted out hundreds of times a week across America, thousands of times a year., She found a couple of examples where it didn't work out. I'm guessing the vast majority of those randomly chosen are together. While I think the kiss cam is dumb, those that aren't can simply wave off the camera.

I don't really know if she's serious, or she's trying to be funny.

I went to a live Kids in the Hall performance once and during the I'm going to crush your head sketch they put me up on the big screen in front of the theater and that guy was about to crush my balding head in front of the audience. That's my only experience ever being on a big screen in front of a crowd and I'll tell you right now I froze up. The proper response was to flip him off before he could crush my head but I just sat there defenseless.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down