Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15

+18
tGreenWay
Blanch32
tanfan!
DWags
TheReal_LWS
Cym Jim
Travis of the Cosmos
BleacherSwill
Watch Out Pylon!
I.B. Fine
Other Teams Pursuing That
duffy munn
Turtleneck
Rocinante
Vlad
The Pantry
Jake from State Farm
tTy
22 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15 - Page 6 Empty Re: Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15

Post by Guest 2016-06-17, 20:23

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:As Christopher Caldwell memorably put it that same year: “At some point, Democrats became the party of small-town people who think they’re too big for their small towns…For these people, liberalism is not a belief at all. No, it’s something more important: a badge of certain social aspirations. That is why the laments of the small-town leftists get voiced with such intemperance and desperation. As if those who voice them are fighting off the nagging thought: If the Republicans aren’t particularly evil, then maybe I’m not particularly special.”

And I don't even understand what this means. Can you explain it to me in simpler terms?

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Wat?

Hmmm, it doesn't strike you that at least for one poster here if he couldn't talk about how evil R's were that his entire worldview would collapse? That the realization might strike that he and only he wasn't the one seeing things others couldn't in those evil humans?

Small town mountain boy that moved to the liberal paradise of EL. I guess it's not even close, eh?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15 - Page 6 Empty Re: Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15

Post by The Pantry 2016-06-17, 21:20

The Pantry wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I've learned plenty pantry. How to downplay gun violence, suppress other's civil rights, follow cults blindly, etc etc. Thanks for everything!
You weed binging?
OTPT...? You didn't answer the question so I have a couple more.

You've been crying "poor" pretty much since this site started. Who paid for the trip to Europe with your sis?

Still want old people off the planet ungrateful, little twat?

btw...fuck-off for implying I'm homophobic and don't care about people dying. The lighter pic was a joke about how all-consumed the anti-gunners are now, 5 days later. You went way off-the-handle with your reply.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-17, 21:45

No green sauce has sent you off the ledge.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-06-17, 22:07

It was a blessing in the skies
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-17, 22:49

[quote="LooseGoose"]
Rocinante wrote:

And I don't even understand what this means.  Can you explain it to me in simpler terms?

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Wat?

But both sides hate each other Goose. It's the American way now. It's not just one party, it's both. From saying fuck you we're shutting down government to state legislatures gerrymandering and creating rules that are effectively blocking or at best hindering blocks of voters from voting.

At the end of the day Tip O'Neil and Ronald Reagan were good friends. That's gone. It's only going to get worse. Single issue voters are the norm and they're passionate. Look at the two pieces of shit we have to choose from.  It's depressing.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-18, 10:12

I don't hate someone for holding an opposing view. I do despise being called vile names because I disagree. What's missing is any kind of civil discourse.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-20, 09:26

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

When mysoginistic people do it, it's funny. When republicans do it, it's mysoginistic.

Mind blown.
Iron Maiden might not be your taste...
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-20, 09:28

LooseGoose wrote:I don't hate someone for holding an opposing view. I do despise being called vile names because I disagree. What's missing is any kind of civil discourse.
for the record, you call me a lot of names and shout obscenities at me.

but I'm cool with it, dude - we're all on our journey.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-06-20, 10:55

btw...fuck-off for implying I'm homophobic and don't care about people dying. The lighter pic was a joke about how all-consumed the anti-gunners are now, 5 days later. You went way off-the-handle with your reply.

Okay man.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-20, 11:06

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:I don't hate someone for holding an opposing view. I do despise being called vile names because I disagree. What's missing is any kind of civil discourse.

Yes, I do that with admitted stalkers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-20, 11:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Does he call you a knuckle dragger? That would be mean. Well, not mean, it would be the norm for one who possesses a hypocritical nature on their journey.

Forget I said that. Thanks.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-20, 11:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

When mysoginistic people do it, it's funny. When republicans do it, it's mysoginistic.

Mind blown.
Iron Maiden might not be your taste...

I don't really mind Iron Maiden. I chuckle at those who are mysoginistic and accuse others of the same thing. It's what I like most about these boards actually. The hypocrisy we all possess. Mine is just more righteous than everybody's.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-06-21, 18:27

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

You don't think I actually know what any of those words mean?

How am I suppose to even begin to quantify that statement? Are you actually committing to that statement or are you just thinking out loud or what?

I've never claimed to be smart, let alone super smart. But I am getting this elitist impression from you right now. I think Turtleneck is rubbing off on you.

Settle down dude. You've been going full bore gun nut for almost a week straight. Go have a Coke and a smile.

Oh, Pylon. Because I choose to participate in threads regarding a certain topic that's a major news story right now I'm a "full bore gun nut" who needs to "settle down".
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-06-21, 18:43

Rocinante wrote:
Lefty-types: THANKS NRA GUN NUTS WITH SMALL DICKS FOR RESTRAINING THE GOVERNMENT FROM DOING IT'S JOB!!! BACKGROUND CHECKS AND GUN BANS NOW!

Yeah that's exactly what "lefty types" are saying.  You're not misrepresenting the argument at all.

The same tired bullshit.  And people wonder why a guy gets in power with a congress to match and he pushes through a bunch of laws unilaterally.  

Fucking people.

Take me through the steps, then, Roc...

What happens when we enact every law that the left wants to enact with regards to guns and then afterwards the next "mass" shooing happens? What is the next step after that?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-06-23, 00:13

After Orlando, the Homemade AR-15 Industry Surges
Wired.com wrote:
In the wake of the worst mass shooting in US history, many Americans want to ban civilians from buying the AR-15, that ultra-popular, all-American killing tool. But in basements and garages around the country, another group of Americans is collecting the machines and materials to make those firearms in the privacy of their own homes. And for them, just as much as for gun control advocates, Orlando represents a call to arms.

Senate Democrats reacted to the massacre by filibustering until Republicans agreed to allow a vote on four gun control measures. Every measure failed on Monday night. But even fears of such legislation have lead gun owners to stock up on guns and ammunition after every mass shooting in recent history. And now a newer trend has emerged in the days since Omar Mateen killed 49 people with a handgun and a Sig Sauer MCX rifle: sales are spiking for the equipment and materials used by DIY gunsmiths to make their own, fully-functional, semi-automatic weapons.

Using power tools, chunks of aluminum, and cheap, consumer-grade digital gadgets, those firearm-focused members of the maker movement fabricate homemade weapons like AR-15s and AR-10s that skirt all regulation and would be untraceable in some imagined, future crackdown in which the government were to seize registered weapons. “People are hopping off the mainstream train and accepting an underground dissident mentality when it comes to guns,” says Cody Wilson, the founder of the Austin, Texas-based DIY gun group Defense Distributed. “They’re making the connection: If [an AR-15 ban] is enacted, I can get this machine and make one anyway.”
wired_ghost-gunner.jpg
Related Video

I Made an Untraceable AR-15 ‘Ghost Gun’ In My Office

Since the fall of 2014, Defense Distributed has sold approximately three thousand of the $1,500 devices it calls the Ghost Gunner, a computer-controlled, one-foot cubed milling machine designed to let anyone carve their own aluminum body of an AR-15 at home. Since all other parts of the gun can be bought without any regulation, the result is a lethal weapon that’s free from background checks, waiting periods, serial numbers, or any other government involvement.

On a typical day, Defense Distributed sells four or five of its gun-making machines, according to Wilson. But on the day after the Orlando gun massacre, it sold seven. The second day after the killings, as Democratic senators were filibustering, it sold 11. In all, Defense Distributed’s total revenue has jumped from around $30,000 a week to more than $50,000 last week, the most sales it’s seen since the hype around the Ghost Gunner’s initial launch 20 months ago.

Older methods of making an untraceable AR-15 are exploding, too. Santa Ana, California-based 80 Percent Arms, for instance, specializes in “80 percent lower receivers”: bodies of AR-15s and AR-10s that are left 20 percent unfinished and thus unregulated. DIY gunsmiths can complete that last bit of machining themselves, with tools ranging from a Ghost Gunner’s automated milling to a simple drill press and a set of jigs. The day of the Orlando shooting, 80 Percent Arms’ sales spiked fivefold, then sixfold on the day after and sevenfold the day after that, says the company’s president Tilden Smith. “When Obama gets on the air talking about gun control, that kicks off a buying frenzy. Everyone flips out,” Smith says. “They’re incentivized to get all the 80-percent stuff they can now, because they don’t think they’ll be able to get it next year.”

Contrary to what these DIY AR-15 builders seem to believe, none of the federal bills that gained momentum after Orlando would actually ban AR-15s.

Contrary to what these DIY AR-15 builders seem to believe, however, none of the federal bills that gained momentum after Orlando would actually ban AR-15s, although some would limit semi-automatic weapon features. Nor did they seek to seize weapons based on the serial numbers and registration. And after the bills failed on Monday evening, it’s likely that no national gun control legislation will result from the tragedy at all.

But Ladd Everitt, the communications director for the gun control group the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, says that gun enthusiasts are nonetheless responding to a real change in political tone. He calls the spike in DIY gun sales “anarchist bullshit” and a “tantrum” in the face of impending, necessary laws. “I don’t see what this is going to accomplish, but it’s a rebellion,” he says. “It’s just a political statement at a time when gun regulation is at the door.”

Popular support for gun control is ratcheting up: 55 percent of Americans want new gun control laws according to a poll taken last week by CNN and the Opinion Research Council, compared with 46 percent last year. And 85 percent of respondents said they want background checks to be expanded to determine whether a gun buyer is on a federal terrorist watchlist or no-fly list—exactly the sort of screening that’s circumvented by making a semi-automatic weapon at home.

But the real appeal for DIY gunsmiths is the potential to own an entirely unregistered weapon, says Gene Hoffman, founder of the Roseville, California-based gun activist group the Calguns Foundation. “Registration is kind of dangerous. The real reason most gun rights organizations oppose background checks isn’t about background checks,” says Hoffman, who’s himself used 80-percent lowers to build his AR-10s without serial numbers. “If things go to hell, no one can prove I own it. I don’t want it to be confiscated.”
DIY Guns

Bill to Ban Undetectable 3D Printed Guns Is Coming Back
   Bill to Ban Undetectable 3D Printed Guns Is Coming Back
   Someone (Mostly) 3-D Printed a Working Semi-Automatic Gun
   Someone (Mostly) 3-D Printed a Working Semi-Automatic Gun
   I Made an Untraceable AR-15 'Ghost Gun' in My Office—And It Was Easy
   I Made an Untraceable AR-15 ‘Ghost Gun’ in My Office—And It Was Easy

He points to a proposed state-level gun law in California as a driving force behind these increased sales, which does seek to outlaw some forms of DIY gun-making. A bill introduced by State Senator Kevin Deleon in January would expand the definition of “firearm” under California law to include a “frame or receiver blank, casting, or machined body, that is designed and clearly identifiable as a component of a functional weapon.” That would effectively end the sale of 80-percent lower receivers in the state, Hoffman says, if it passed and were signed into law. A big “if.”

Wilson’s customers have also taken note of the bill. “When can we expect the AR-10 code to be released??” asks one Defense Distributed customer in an email to the group seeking the digital blueprint for making that larger, higher-caliber sibling of the AR-15. “Here in California, they’re trying to ban homemade guns, so time is of the essence!!!”

But outside of California, Wilson admits that the drive to buy gun-making materials and tools is being driven partially by “animal spirits”—paranoia in reaction to gun control talk. “There’s a real sense of being harried and alienated and under duress, and that’s driving interest,” he says. Like Hoffman, Wilson sees the civilian ownership of military weapons as a measure to keep the government itself in check. “When the system breaks down, you get to vote from the rooftops. We have the second amendment for when it’s time to murder our government,” he says matter-of-factly. “It’s one of the last best traditions of the western enlightenment.”
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-23, 07:53

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Iron Maiden might not be your taste...

I don't really mind Iron Maiden. I chuckle at those who are mysoginistic and accuse others of the same thing. It's what I like most about these boards actually. The hypocrisy we all possess. Mine is just more righteous than everybody's.
Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15 - Page 6 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-23, 07:55

bump for the big, tough gun nuts who are so scared and paranoid they buy into the mainstream media narrative of brown people coming to kill us so go now to buy guns...

Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15 - Page 6 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-06-23, 08:01

xsanguine wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Settle down dude. You've been going full bore gun nut for almost a week straight. Go have a Coke and a smile.

Oh, Pylon. Because I choose to participate in threads regarding a certain topic that's a major news story right now I'm a "full bore gun nut" who needs to "settle down".

When you're acting nuts I'm going to call you on it, so... yeah.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-06-23, 14:10

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Whoa, take it easy, pylon. Don't get so worked up over what threads others participate in. You seem to have wanted to take over as the board arbiter of who can post where.

I know how that game works, Pylon. You're projecting
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-06-23, 14:12

Robert J Sakimano wrote:bump for the big, tough gun nuts who are so scared and paranoid they buy into the mainstream media narrative of brown people coming to kill us so go now to buy guns...

Those big bad gun guys are coming to get you, Bob! Quick let's get a ban!
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-06-23, 14:21

xsanguine wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Whoa, take it easy, pylon. Don't get so worked up over what threads others participate in. You seem to have wanted to take over as the board arbiter of who can post where.

You got me all figured out. Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15 - Page 6 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-06-23, 16:12

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

You got me all figured out. Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15 - Page 6 502811600

I wasn't a profiler because of my dashingly handsome good looks (although that did help in the interview)
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-06-23, 16:45

xsanguine wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I wasn't a profiler because of my dashingly handsome good looks (although that did help in the interview)

I know you don't post much on the main board, so this is for you.

Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15 - Page 6 Funny-gif-cop-shooting-gun
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-06-23, 20:57

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I know you don't post much on the main board, so this is for you.

Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15 - Page 6 Funny-gif-cop-shooting-gun

Where did you find that pic of me? Stalkerish, bro...
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-06-23, 22:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:bump for the big, tough gun nuts who are so scared and paranoid they buy into the mainstream media narrative of brown people coming to kill us so go now to buy guns...

You don't have to live with them, Bob. I do. They're crazy. And hormonal.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-06-25, 02:11

Steven Crowder has a punchable face... but I always see him come out on top in these exchanges.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6