Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curtis Blackwell

4 posters

Go down

Curtis Blackwell Empty Curtis Blackwell

Post by SpartyHard 2014-05-19, 11:55

Does anyone here know if our boy Curtis has received an extension/raise? As we all know the coaching staff received increases in pay and deservedly so, but I did not catch anything regarding Blackwell. I'm sure he received a nice bonus, but hVent heard of anything contractual.

You can see the impact he is having, especially within the state of Michigan, I would love to see him become a long term member of the Spartan staff.
SpartyHard
SpartyHard
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Curtis Blackwell Empty Re: Curtis Blackwell

Post by InTenSity 2014-05-19, 12:02

I think the last thing mentioned was that he would be taken care of. I'm not sure where his position falls, or maybe there is a 1 year review period and then he can get a raise. I forget the article, maybe it was the ESPN blog, but it basically stated that he was happy where he is and it seemed to suggest that he would get a raise at some point during the year.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2014-05-19, 12:18

SpartyHard wrote:You can see the impact he is having, especially within the state of Michigan, I would love to see him become a long term member of the Spartan staff.

He has certainly increased the traffic through the Duff, but I'm still waiting for the verbal commitments to start rolling in. Was a bit surprised to see that we went 0-fer during the spring game weekend.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartyHard 2014-05-19, 13:58

I agree, the spring game weekend was a bit disappointing. However, Blackwell has been key in putting us in the driver seat for guys like Cole, Weber and Alabi. Blackwell is also a key reason why we landed Stallsworth and T. Smith so early in the cycle.
SpartyHard
SpartyHard
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Biff Tannen 2014-05-19, 18:46

Vlad wrote:

He has certainly increased the traffic through the Duff, but I'm still waiting for the verbal commitments to start rolling in.  Was a bit surprised to see that we went 0-fer during the spring game weekend.

Maybe the coaches aren't ready to accept early verbals yet? We lead for a lot of top-level talent. That tends to correlate with an extended recruitment.
Biff Tannen
Biff Tannen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down