Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Swill Fishing Thread

+17
AvgMSUJoe
DWags
kingstonlake
Jake from State Farm
The Pantry
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
GRR Spartan
Rocinante
Senior Dickfist
Turtleneck
Big Ten Referee
Jaheab
Cym Jim
Biff Tannen
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rook
21 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

tOfficial Swill Fishing Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial Swill Fishing Thread

Post by Guest 2018-02-06, 08:56

Senior Dickfist wrote:Loose, have you ever eaten sturgeon? I did once, but I think we picked the wrong section of meat and we didn't know how to properly prepare it. I'd be interested in trying it again.

Nope, never had the chance. I'd try it if offered.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Swill Fishing Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial Swill Fishing Thread

Post by Guest 2018-02-09, 10:06

Free fishing weekend available in Michigan

NORTHEAST MICHIGAN –– Free fishing will be offered to residents across Michigan Feb. 17-18 during one of Michigan's two annual Free Fishing Weekends.

As a part of the promotion, all fishing license fees will be waived for those two days. Residents and out-of-state visitors may enjoy fishing on both inland and Great Lakes waters for all species of fish, while all fishing regulations will still apply, according to michigan.gov.

Michigan offers more than 3,000 miles of Great Lakes shoreline, more than 11,000 inland lakes and tens of thousands of miles of rivers and streams. A person anywhere in Michigan is never more than 6 miles from an inland lake or more than 85 miles from one of the Great Lakes, according to the Michigan Historical Society.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-09, 10:09

This thread is almost four years old and I still see "official swill fisting thread" every time it gets bumped.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-09, 10:15

Floyd Robertson wrote:This thread is almost four years old and I still see "official swill fisting thread" every time it gets bumped.

Not all of us are delving into the world of kinky internet sex.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2018-02-09, 12:21

I wanted to go ice fishing tomorrow, but all this snow will make it difficult...impossible to discern the good ice from the bad.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-28, 08:30

Michigan's 2018 fishing licenses have new rules, hope to draw outdoor enthusiasts

Make sure to click through and check out the pictures.....

tOfficial Swill Fishing Thread - Page 2 405_f5
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-26, 11:04

Inland streams Trout Season opens Saturday - big weekend up here.

Link to the 2018 Fishing Guide here:

2018 Michigan DNR Fishing Guide
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-16, 22:50

42 inch 40 pound Chinook reeled in in manistee. They’re running big this year.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-09-16, 23:06

DWags wrote:42 inch 40 pound Chinook reeled in in manistee. They’re running big this year.

Released it, good for him. Beautiful fish
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-16, 23:26

Caught a decent 34” pike on my fishing trip couple weeks ago. #5 Mepps w/horsehair
tOfficial Swill Fishing Thread - Page 2 29b78410
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-09-16, 23:28

Good shit Kingston. Love the pineapple shirt, cargos ..not so much.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-16, 23:32

LOL those are my old and busted Columbia tried and true fishing mainstays. They are barely held together and I will never give them up. #loveem
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-09-16, 23:44

Beautiful fish, KL, and OTPT obviously needs glasses, because those are good looking shorts.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-16, 23:58

Obviously the shorts are working for fishing in. You cant change up.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-09-17, 10:02

Anyone ever catch one of these? Nasty ass fkrs.

tOfficial Swill Fishing Thread - Page 2 Img_2010
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-17, 10:38

Is that a burbot?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-09-17, 10:47

kingstonlake wrote:Is that a burbot?

I believe it’s a fish, KL.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-09-17, 10:57

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Is that a burbot?

I believe it’s a fish, KL.

Looks like Asian carp to me. See how he's flying out of the water?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-09-17, 11:52

Bowfin (Dogfish)...

Ugly as sin and prehistoric looking. Slimy. Teeth like a pike.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-09-17, 19:41

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/fisherman-snags-alien-fish-that-looks-like-something-straight-out-of-a-horror-movie/ar-AAHowRm?li=BBnbcA1
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-09-17, 19:44

Jake from State Farm wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/fisherman-snags-alien-fish-that-looks-like-something-straight-out-of-a-horror-movie/ar-AAHowRm?li=BBnbcA1

My what big eyes you have.

Funny, looks nothing like Krzyzewski.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-05-08, 23:31

Great fishing in Quebec
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-02-18, 18:23

[tw]1362442981836546058[/tw]

The money was just too much of a lure.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-02-18, 18:29

tOfficial Swill Fishing Thread - Page 2 51595710

A friend of mine caught this monster over the weekend.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-02-18, 20:06

The sturgeon season on black lake lasted 2 hours and 6 minutes

tOfficial Swill Fishing Thread - Page 2 7e629410

https://piadvance.com/2021/02/very-different-sturgeon-season-lasts-two-hours/
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-02-18, 20:52

Motown Spartan wrote:tOfficial Swill Fishing Thread - Page 2 51595710

That perch reminds of long ago...Labor Day weekend before freshmen year. Was a really fun and stupid time.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-02-19, 09:36

Motown Spartan wrote:tOfficial Swill Fishing Thread - Page 2 51595710

Look like you cut your hole over a nursery
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-04-27, 14:53

So I'm getting to the age I'm attempting to get my hobby back...

I used to know how to catch smallies in the rivers.... I've gone out a couple times this year and nothing. What am I doing wrong? The go-to was the Yellow rapala floater used kind of like a jerk bait. Seeing things online about just slow retrieve with grubs...

At one point I switched to fly fishing for smallies, but it feels like I should figure out the spin casting before I jump in the deep end again.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-04-27, 15:29

We should have a Fishing Camp at our camp on Au Train Lake. All are welcome. Slide into my DMs for details.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-04-27, 15:34

Motown Spartan wrote:We should have a Fishing Camp at our camp on Au Train Lake. All are welcome. Slide into my DMs for details.

That’s got Evil Dead or Blair Witch written all over it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-04-27, 15:39

AvgMSUJoe wrote:So I'm getting to the age I'm attempting to get my hobby back...

I used to know how to catch smallies in the rivers.... I've gone out a couple times this year and nothing. What am I doing wrong? The go-to was the Yellow rapala floater used kind of like a jerk bait. Seeing things online about just slow retrieve with grubs...

At one point I switched to fly fishing for smallies, but it feels like I should figure out the spin casting before I jump in the deep end again.

Can’t help you, sorry. I was always a live bait fisher. Too bad tTy wigged out, cuz nobody knows feishing like tTy knows feishing.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-04-27, 17:19

AvgMSUJoe wrote:So I'm getting to the age I'm attempting to get my hobby back...

What river? Shallow/deep, fast/slow current, wide/narrow, water clarity, structure?

I mostly fish the Great Lakes (St. Clair, Erie, Huron). Smaller rivers will be a little different, but smallies are smallies. 90% of the time I'm throwing one of these:

- Drop shot is my go to smallie bait for all situations. Small senkos, stick-type baits, flukes, slammers, etc. there are a gazilly different styles. Try to match to what they are feeding on. If it is small river, go with a smaller bait.

- Keitech Swimbait (Goby or natural color) on a jig head is becoming one of my favorites. Depending the mood, crawl it on the bottom or keep it moving. Play with the retrieve.

- Flukes are great for top water. Not my first choice for lake fishing, but I use this a lot fishing shallow flats in the St. Clair River. You can cover some water and put the bait anywhere. The bubble gum/pink color will piss them off in the spring, especially if there are on beds. A heavy 5/0 wide gap hook with a Texas rigged pink Fluke worked just below or on the surface would be my go to river bait through May.

- Spinnerbaits (double willow leaf, chartruese or white, burn it up high) and buzz baits (black, roll it slowwwwww) are also good for shallow river fishing. Recommend these on a baitcaster.

Pro tip, the sunnier the better for smallie fishing. Early morning and early evening are the best. But they will also turn on in the afternoon on big lakes. Usually once the wind starts to blow. Wind is great for lake fishing, creates current. But not good for rivers as it can fuck with the current.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-04-27, 23:07

I forgot the single most popular smallie bait there is. The tube jig. I've probably caught more fish on a tube than any other bait. There are just so many more options now. It can mimic any bait... crayfish, gobies, baitfish, perch, etc. If your not sure what they are feeding on,this is a good choice. Let the fish decide what it is. River fish, it is a good chance they are feeding on all of the above, especially crayfish. Similiar to a grub (crayfish) but more versatile. Green Pumpkin is a good jumping off point for a storage bins filled with colors. I like anything with a purple or red flake too.  If they are definitely feeding on crayfish also try a ribbed tube for the fish's pleasure.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-04-27, 23:50

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Poor_Boys_Baits_Jerk_Worm_10pk/descpage-PBJW.html

I’ve always done well on these. Hook it whacky style right in the middle
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-04-28, 14:27

Mostly, on the inland rivers of Michigan (Shiawassee, Titabawassee, Saginaw, Grand)... Convenient and a 17" smallie on a river you can walk across is a kick.

Used to get "raw thumb" on the numbers I caught on the fly rod back in the day.

I'll try the drop shot plastic worm(s) next.... tOfficial Swill Fishing Thread - Page 2 1f44d
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-04-28, 17:31

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Poor_Boys_Baits_Jerk_Worm_10pk/descpage-PBJW.html

I’ve always done well on these. Hook it whacky style right in the middle

That's a good one. Poor Boys make great smallie baits. Local outfit that has grown over the years.

Edit: They are from Indiana, not Michigan. No matter. Very popular with Great Lakes tournament fisherman.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-04-30, 12:32

[tw]1388143325543374855[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-04-30, 17:05

100-year-old sturgeon one of the largest ever caught in the US, Michigan officials say

tOfficial Swill Fishing Thread - Page 2 Sturge10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-08-09, 09:27

New state record.

[tw]1424723570513620997[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-08-09, 10:02

Floyd Robertson wrote:New state record.

[tw]1424723570513620997[/tw]

Less fish being stocked = more food for them to eat = bigger fish = I should make my brother get his boat back in the water.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next