Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Drugs Thread

+25
tGreenWay
kingstonlake
Dendrobates
The Pantry
Rocinante
Frank Ricard
Stoops21
steveschneider
Nordic
GRR Spartan
Floyd Robertson
Watch Out Pylon!
y2kMgrad
Herbie Green
pulling69
I.B. Fine
Triple Sparty
tanfan!
InTenSity
Tim Wakefield
The_Dude
Other Teams Pursuing That
Dr. Strangelove
DWags
xsanguine
29 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Drugs Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Drugs Thread

Post by tGreenWay 2018-06-08, 17:42

Jeez, Kingston, the conversation was about weed, which is a lot safer than alcohol and opioids.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-06-08, 17:44

steveschneider wrote:My .02 but I think cocaine and heroin/opioids are horse shit. Ive seen opioids destroy a friends life and I’ve seen several friends lives plummet from rampant cocaine abuse. I think cocaine is a horrible drug and everyone I’ve been around that is doing it turns into a loud obnoxious asshole on the stuff. Had one friend that developed bipolar disorder and his shrink was spelling it out for him stop the cocaine and he still couldn’t recognize the damage it was doing to him. I think it’s sad shit.

Stick to the weed, the responsible boozing and the occasional psychedelic experience. I think everyone should do their own research and make an informed decision.

This times a thousand. The shit I thought was funny in my 20's ended up destroying lives and leaving kids without their mothers. Maybe otpt will grow out of the millennial "it's my life"phase of it. I did.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-06-08, 17:47

tGreenWay wrote:Jeez, Kingston, the conversation was about weed, which is a lot safer than alcohol and opioids.

I understand that. But it's clear some have a much broader idea of what they feel should be legal.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-06-08, 17:52

Still just broadly throwing out the word “drugs”. Nothing specific. This way, there’s nothing really to counter with. Genius!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-06-08, 18:18

I could use some cocaine right now.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-06-08, 18:25

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Still just broadly throwing out the word “drugs”. Nothing specific. This way, there’s nothing really to counter with. Genius!

All drugs are safe in the right hands OTPT.....

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2018-06-08, 20:50

Wow, I’ve never tried much of anything everyone has mentioned. I have no interest either. I’ve tried weed, and I have the best sleep ever. But I eat way too much on that. I would be 300 pounds if I even did that here and there.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-06-08, 21:02

Dendrobates wrote:Wow, I’ve never tried much of anything everyone has mentioned. I have no interest either. I’ve tried weed, and I have the best sleep ever. But I eat way too much on that. I would be 300 pounds if I even did that here and there.

See. It is a gateway drug! To Doritos and funions. Lol.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-06-09, 09:38

kingstonlake wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Still just broadly throwing out the word “drugs”. Nothing specific. This way, there’s nothing really to counter with. Genius!

Define drug.

I'm going to tip my hand here, but I doubt there's a definition you can formulate that would prevent me from being able to label you a drug user.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-06-09, 10:22

Cameron wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Define drug.

I'm going to tip my hand here, but I doubt there's a definition you can formulate that would prevent me from being able to label you a drug user.

It was sarcasm, lol. I was using gun owner logic. I guess coffee would be the extent of my drug use. The occasional Motrin when my back flares up.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-06-09, 10:29

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Calling them assholes would be a stretch, but if they are against it, they should probably start the war on alcohol, big pharm, and tobacco first. If they partake in any of those, then they are probably what Kingston just called me

this
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-06-09, 11:03

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Jeez, Kingston, the conversation was about weed, which is a lot safer than alcohol and opioids.

I understand that. But it's clear some have a much broader idea of what they feel should be legal.

Your conversation with OTPT about legalizing other drugs is far beyond the scope of legalizing marijuana. By "some", you mean OTPT and probably less than 1% of our population. Anything beyond marijuana is unlikely to gain traction in our lifetime, so it is a pointless arguement at this time. But you seem to be lumping it in with the legalizing marijuana discussion, which is topical at this very time.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-06-09, 11:21

Nordic wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Your conversation with OTPT about legalizing other drugs is far beyond the scope of legalizing marijuana. By "some", you mean OTPT and probably less than 1% of our population. Anything beyond marijuana is unlikely to gain traction in our lifetime, so it is a pointless arguement at this time. But you seem to be lumping it in with the legalizing marijuana discussion, which is topical at this very time.

I'm arguing against the idea of drug legalization, no matter how small the advocate group is. In a vacuum pot legalization isn't probably a big deal. But it opens the door and the zealots start their campaign of personal freedom violations, etc. Next its shrooms, and on and on.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-06-09, 16:24

kingstonlake wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I'm arguing against the idea of drug legalization, no matter how small the advocate group is.  In a vacuum pot legalization isn't probably a big deal.  But it opens the door and the zealots start their campaign of personal freedom violations, etc.  Next its shrooms, and on and on.

Fair enough. I understand that argument and don't necessarily disagree. But that was kinda hidden your posts about drug related deaths.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-06-09, 16:59

In reading your most recent response, Kingston, then that must mean if you had been around during those times decisions were being made, you •would have• opposed the legalization of alcohol along with government approval of nicotine and caffeine, correct?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-07-04, 22:44

Suicide is on the rise. Depression therapy is limited. Let’s try psychedelics

In contrast to currently approved antidepressants, which must be taken daily and typically require weeks to take effect (or not), psychedelics are administered in medically supervised settings, usually during one or two six-hour sessions, and their therapeutic effects are immediate. In clinical studies, as many as 80 percent of patients experienced substantial relief from depression, including those whose illness had persisted through multiple courses of treatments. The neuropharmacological and psychological mechanisms for the improvements in people’s mental health are also different from those of existing antidepressants. Research subjects commonly described a shift to a more positive worldview, accompanied by a deepened sense of meaning and connection to others, and an enhanced appreciation for the intrinsic value of their lives. Notably, the benefits often endure for many months after even a single treatment.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2018-07-04, 22:49

Drugs are degenerate. That being said I had Scotch on the rocks today called “The Balvenie”. I also have dip in right now and probably will smoke herb once it’s legalized in the MI
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-07-04, 23:53

Bill Cain wrote:Drugs are degenerate. That being said I had Scotch on the rocks today called “The Balvenie”. I also have dip in right now and probably will smoke herb once it’s legalized in the MI

I've found a nice bowl a couple times a day makes me more tolerant of fools.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by loogoldham 2018-07-05, 02:11

Took Molly and went out -- wanted to curl up on the cold floor the club and die. Freaked the fuck out. That did not go well. Took a Xanax once and got super snappy and angry at everyone, including Tgf. Will not try again. Coke did nothing for me (even the Miami shit).

Like: caffeine, wine, whiskey, bourbon, weed, cigars, crazy ass sex and anything that facilitates that endeavor.
Would try: shrooms, LSD.
Would not try: heroin/opiates, anything injected, pharmaceuticals, anything harder than the above.
loogoldham
loogoldham
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-07-05, 10:00

loogoldham wrote:Took Molly and went out -- wanted to curl up on the cold floor the club and die. Freaked the fuck out. That did not go well. Took a Xanax once and got super snappy and angry at everyone, including Tgf. Will not try again. Coke did nothing for me (even the Miami shit).

Like: caffeine, wine, whiskey, bourbon, weed, cigars, crazy ass sex and anything that facilitates that endeavor.
Would try: shrooms, LSD.
Would not try: heroin/opiates, anything injected, pharmaceuticals, anything harder than the above.

The one pharmaceutical you younger lads missed out on was Quaaludes. They were around in the 70s but pretty much vanished in the 80s.

A 6 pack or more in a tablet. Take a couple, drink a beer and you were very buzzed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-07-05, 15:52

LooseGoose wrote:Suicide is on the rise. Depression therapy is limited. Let’s try psychedelics

In contrast to currently approved antidepressants, which must be taken daily and typically require weeks to take effect (or not), psychedelics are administered in medically supervised settings, usually during one or two six-hour sessions, and their therapeutic effects are immediate. In clinical studies, as many as 80 percent of patients experienced substantial relief from depression, including those whose illness had persisted through multiple courses of treatments. The neuropharmacological and psychological mechanisms for the improvements in people’s mental health are also different from those of existing antidepressants. Research subjects commonly described a shift to a more positive worldview, accompanied by a deepened sense of meaning and connection to others, and an enhanced appreciation for the intrinsic value of their lives. Notably, the benefits often endure for many months after even a single treatment.

Thanks for the link, goose. Tagging this so i can read it later.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2019-02-03, 16:40

https://jezebel.com/denver-to-vote-on-decriminalizing-psychedelic-mushrooms-1832305534
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-02-03, 16:57

Where is xsang?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-02-03, 18:31

Dr. Strangelove wrote:https://jezebel.com/denver-to-vote-on-decriminalizing-psychedelic-mushrooms-1832305534

Shrooms are one helluva fun ride.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2019-02-05, 09:51

Nordic wrote:Where is xsang?

Somebody didn't mix the fentanyl into the heroin thoroughly? It happens 40K times a year in this great country.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2019-02-05, 10:59

tTito wrote:
Nordic wrote:Where is xsang?

Somebody didn't mix the fentanyl into the heroin thoroughly? It happens 40K times a year in this great country.

More like 60k, but point taken.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-02-05, 11:15

Dr. Strangelove wrote:https://jezebel.com/denver-to-vote-on-decriminalizing-psychedelic-mushrooms-1832305534

The Drugs Thread - Page 5 3493939353
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-07, 19:13

RIP Dr.

(I voted)
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-05-07, 20:00

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

RIP Dr.

(I voted)

I wish it was as easy to get shrooms as it is to get weed. Lead the charge, Denver!
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-07, 20:45

Cameron wrote:

RIP Dr.

(I voted)

I wish it was as easy to get shrooms as it is to get weed. Lead the charge, Denver!

Decriminalization is usually the first step, right? LSD is the safest drug. Fingers crossed tonight!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-07, 21:43

We are down by 10% early. Fucking sheep.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-08, 22:21

Between 1 a.m. and Wednesday afternoon when Denver Elections finished counting another 40,000 votes for 301, the initiative had passed with 50.6%. With 176,661 votes, it passed 89,320 to 87,341. That margin is 1,979.

This is outside the automatic recount margin which is half of one percent.

LETS FUCKING GOOOOOO
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-05-08, 22:37

Good luck OTPT

Anyone here try DMT? Did you see the space elves?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-12, 07:58

Interesting op-ed from the author of How To Change Your Mind on the recent vote.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/10/opinion/denver-mushrooms-psilocybin.html

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-12, 08:30

steveschneider wrote:Interesting op-ed from the author of How To Change Your Mind on the recent vote.

Solid read thanks. Read his book Steve
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-12, 08:55

steveschneider wrote:Interesting op-ed from the author of How To Change Your Mind on the recent vote.

I intend too. I’ve actually been reading a lot of articles on food lately and he’s fallen on my radar a lot. Have you read Food, Inc? Reading about food and health lately has been a very eye opening experience. There’s a lot of interviews with him on YouTube discussing the topic as well. I think the answer is local organic.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-12, 09:06

steveschneider wrote:

I intend too. I’ve actually been reading a lot of articles on food lately and he’s fallen on my radar a lot. Have you read Food, Inc? Reading about food and health lately has been a very eye opening experience. There’s a lot of interviews with him on YouTube discussing the topic as well. I think the answer is local organic.

I have not but heard great things about omnivores dilemma
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-12, 09:39

steveschneider wrote:

Yeah, it will give you a new perspective on food. The other one is Buettner who writes about blue zones and then Eva Longoria on Food Chains who looks at migrant farm workers. I think like that minimalist doc it will change the way you think about things that are so prevalent and ‘normal’ in our lives.

To get this thread back on track, I’m in Massachusetts what edible should I get? Looking for mellow and not too potent.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-12, 09:41

steveschneider wrote:

Yeah, it will give you a new perspective on food. The other one is Buettner who writes about blue zones and then Eva Longoria on Food Chains who looks at migrant farm workers. I think like that minimalist doc it will change the way you think about things that are so prevalent and ‘normal’ in our lives.

To get this thread back on track, I’m in Massachusetts what edible should I get? Looking for mellow and not too potent.

10mg-20mg Indica. I like wana sour gummies
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-12, 10:01

steveschneider wrote:

10mg-20mg Indica. I like wana sour gummies

Thanks. Going to a family function for mother’s day. Pretty funny how marijuana use is so openly discussed here. All of my wife’s relatives are talking openly about their edibles and strains they are smoking. I definitely want to try some just as a night time sedative to enchance sleep and tv watching.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next