Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by The_Dude on 2016-08-09, 12:00

If Dantonio ever wins a a natty, and Izzo fails to win a second one, would he be considered a better coach?
avatar
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Posts : 7171
Join date : 2014-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by DWags on 2016-08-09, 12:22

The_Dude wrote:If Dantonio ever wins a a natty, and Izzo fails to win a second one, would he be considered a better coach?

They're both great coaches.

YAFI

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21855
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2016-08-09, 12:23

The_Dude wrote:If Dantonio ever wins a a natty, and Izzo fails to win a second one, would he be considered a better coach?
the first one who man-on-man sex with me.

avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22721
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by Blanch32 on 2016-08-09, 12:46

The_Dude wrote:If Dantonio ever wins a a natty, and Izzo fails to win a second one, would he be considered a better coach?

Yes. Bball is easier to win since it's so player dependant
avatar
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11044
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by The_Dude on 2016-08-09, 12:50

DWags wrote:
The_Dude wrote:If Dantonio ever wins a a natty, and Izzo fails to win a second one, would he be considered a better coach?

They're both great coaches.

YAFI

Of course they are both legends. Not the question though.
avatar
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Posts : 7171
Join date : 2014-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by The_Dude on 2016-08-09, 12:50

Blanch32 wrote:
The_Dude wrote:If Dantonio ever wins a a natty, and Izzo fails to win a second one, would he be considered a better coach?

True. Villanova just won the natty.

Yes. Bball is easier to win since it's so player dependant
avatar
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Posts : 7171
Join date : 2014-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by DWags on 2016-08-09, 12:52

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:

They're both great coaches.

YAFI

Of course they are both legends. Not the question though.

You really are that stupid. Answer was given.

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21855
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by The_Dude on 2016-08-09, 13:00

DWags wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Of course they are both legends. Not the question though.

You really are that stupid. Answer was given.

So no?
avatar
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Posts : 7171
Join date : 2014-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by DWags on 2016-08-09, 13:06

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:

You really are that stupid. Answer was given.

So no?

YAFI.

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21855
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by LooseGoose on 2016-08-12, 10:44

A decade of Dantonio

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32873
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by LooseGoose on 2016-08-12, 13:55


_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32873
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2016-08-12, 14:18

LooseGoose wrote:

avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20802
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Denver, CO

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by LooseGoose on 2016-08-28, 07:51

Might be the longest article that Albom has written in years.

Albom: Michigan State's Mark Dantonio rejects flash, builds on values


_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32873
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by duffy munn on 2016-08-28, 09:10

LooseGoose wrote:Might be the longest article that Albom has written in years.

Albom: Michigan State's Mark Dantonio rejects flash, builds on values


And he only mentioned Harbaugh 7 times !

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 4175
Join date : 2014-04-19
Location : east lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by DWags on 2016-08-28, 09:44

Good read. He truly is who he is.

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21855
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by The_Dude on 2016-08-28, 11:13

duffy munn wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Might be the longest article that Albom has written in years.

Albom: Michigan State's Mark Dantonio rejects flash, builds on values


And he only mentioned Harbaugh 7 times !

Your first comment about a Dantonio is in regards to Harbaugh.
avatar
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Posts : 7171
Join date : 2014-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by DWags on 2016-08-28, 11:30

The_Dude wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

And he only mentioned Harbaugh 7 times !

Your first comment about a Dantonio is in regards to Harbaugh.

What's yours?

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21855
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by The_Dude on 2016-08-28, 11:51

DWags wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Your first comment about a Dantonio is in regards to Harbaugh.

What's yours?

No comment. Just read Albums article. Nothing needs to be said just thought I'd point out out Duffs obsession again.
avatar
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Posts : 7171
Join date : 2014-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by DWags on 2016-08-28, 12:01

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:

What's yours?

No comment. Just read Albums article. Nothing needs to be said just thought I'd point out out Duffs obsession again.

I thought I'd point out yours. I wasn't asking you to comment. Just reflect.

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21855
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by The_Dude on 2016-08-28, 13:29

DWags wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

No comment. Just read Albums article. Nothing needs to be said just thought I'd point out out Duffs obsession again.

I thought I'd point out yours. I wasn't asking you to comment. Just reflect.

I've accepted the fact MSU will never have a tandem as good as Izzo and Dantonio in my lifetime. Just enjoying the ride.
avatar
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Posts : 7171
Join date : 2014-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by LooseGoose on 2016-08-28, 13:56

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:

I thought I'd point out yours. I wasn't asking you to comment. Just reflect.

I've accepted the fact UM will never have a tandem as good as Izzo and Dantonio in my lifetime. Just enjoying the ride.

FIFY

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32873
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by DWags on 2016-08-28, 13:59

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:

I thought I'd point out yours. I wasn't asking you to comment. Just reflect.

I've accepted the fact MSU will never have a tandem as good as Izzo and Dantonio in my lifetime. Just enjoying the ride.

But MSU does.

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21855
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by The_Dude on 2016-08-28, 15:46

DWags wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

I've accepted the fact MSU will never have a tandem as good as Izzo and Dantonio in my lifetime. Just enjoying the ride.

But MSU does.

Reading comprehension my man
avatar
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Posts : 7171
Join date : 2014-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by duffy munn on 2016-08-28, 16:50

The_Dude wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

And he only mentioned Harbaugh 7 times !

Your first comment about a Dantonio is in regards to Harbaugh.

I read the story and pretty much every MSU/Dantonio story for the last two years.

I challenge you do find ONE that doesn't mention Harbaugh.


duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 4175
Join date : 2014-04-19
Location : east lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by LooseGoose on 2016-09-02, 09:49

Sharp: Mark Dantonio keeps Michigan State football charging forward

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32873
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by LooseGoose on 2016-09-15, 21:30

Latest output of Swill Senior Columnist Graham Couch:


Couch: Careers of Dantonio, Kelly collided, took off 10 years ago

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32873
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2016-09-15, 21:33

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:

But MSU does.

Reading comprehension my man

Did this moron go on strike too?
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11613
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2016-09-15, 21:43

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Reading comprehension my man

Did this moron go on strike too?

Prolly banned by wbh or wags.
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20802
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Denver, CO

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2016-09-15, 21:56

Dwags banned him for 2 weeks. I only ban people for being wailing vaginas.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15380
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by LooseGoose on 2016-09-17, 11:31

Brett McMurphyVerified account ‏@McMurphyESPN
This week's ESPN coaches poll: who gets most out of his players? The Wizard Bill Snyder... http://es.pn/2cexB3w


_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32873
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by LooseGoose on 2016-09-23, 09:55

Couch: MSU has surpassed Wisconsin, but can still learn from Badgers

That doesn’t mean MSU should stop using Wisconsin as a long-term guide.

The Badgers are an example of a program that was built under one coach who did what many thought impossible and then sustained itself under his successors over the next decade. In that regard, they remain a model for the Spartans, who are still very much a one-coach program.

MSU football’s place among the college football elite is tied to Dantonio. It has become clear — last week at Notre Dame another reminder — that as long as he’s around, the Spartans will be in the conversation and chasing championships. There’s no sign Dantonio is retiring anytime soon. He’s 60 and in his 10th season. He might be around another five to seven years. More if he’s happy and healthy. But eventually MSU will have to find another football coach.

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32873
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by InTenSity on 2016-09-23, 11:03

LooseGoose wrote:Couch: MSU has surpassed Wisconsin, but can still learn from Badgers

That doesn’t mean MSU should stop using Wisconsin as a long-term guide.

The Badgers are an example of a program that was built under one coach who did what many thought impossible and then sustained itself under his successors over the next decade. In that regard, they remain a model for the Spartans, who are still very much a one-coach program.

MSU football’s place among the college football elite is tied to Dantonio. It has become clear — last week at Notre Dame another reminder — that as long as he’s around, the Spartans will be in the conversation and chasing championships. There’s no sign Dantonio is retiring anytime soon. He’s 60 and in his 10th season. He might be around another five to seven years. More if he’s happy and healthy. But eventually MSU will have to find another football coach.
Fucking hell Couch, what is the point of throwing in those backhanded jabs?

_________________
Finally! Back to the Future!
avatar
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 10750
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Kendall

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by LooseGoose on 2016-09-26, 12:20

Mark Dantonio would be 'home run hire' for LSU, writer says

LSU is looking for its next head football coach after firing Les Miles on Sunday.

Could Mark Dantonio be on its list?

Let's be clear before getting into the meat of this: No, the Michigan State head coach is not rumored to be considering the job. No, we don't know for sure if LSU has him on its list. No, it's not at all likely Dantonio would pull a Nick Saban and leave the Spartans to coach the Tigers.

But as writers begin speculating on possible LSU targets, Dantonio is starting to appear on a few lists, including CBS Sports writer Tom Fornelli's. And why not? Dantonio has done a phenomenal job in East Lansing, winning three Big Ten championships, winning a Rose Bowl and reaching the College Football Playoff last year.

"OK, here's the theory," Fornelli opined. "Dantonio has been incredibly successful at Michigan State. What he's done there is nothing short of remarkable. But look around him right now. Dantonio, as good as he's been, is sharing a division with Urban Meyer's Ohio State juggernaut and a Michigan program that appears on the verge of becoming a real power again under Jim Harbaugh. Maybe now is the best time for Dantonio to move on. If you combine his ability as a coach with the recruits he can land at LSU, well, just think about what he could possibly do there. Nobody expects it to happen, but this would be a home run hire for LSU if it found a way to pull it off."

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32873
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2016-09-26, 12:22

LooseGoose wrote:Couch: MSU has surpassed Wisconsin, but can still learn from Badgers

That doesn’t mean MSU should stop using Wisconsin as a long-term guide.

The Badgers are an example of a program that was built under one coach who did what many thought impossible and then sustained itself under his successors over the next decade. In that regard, they remain a model for the Spartans, who are still very much a one-coach program.

MSU football’s place among the college football elite is tied to Dantonio. It has become clear — last week at Notre Dame another reminder — that as long as he’s around, the Spartans will be in the conversation and chasing championships. There’s no sign Dantonio is retiring anytime soon. He’s 60 and in his 10th season. He might be around another five to seven years. More if he’s happy and healthy. But eventually MSU will have to find another football coach.
with pride coming before the fall and whatever, that seems like a pretty unfortunate title for an article given what happened Saturday.

avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22721
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2016-09-26, 12:23

LooseGoose wrote:Mark Dantonio would be 'home run hire' for LSU, writer says

LSU is looking for its next head football coach after firing Les Miles on Sunday.

Could Mark Dantonio be on its list?

Let's be clear before getting into the meat of this: No, the Michigan State head coach is not rumored to be considering the job. No, we don't know for sure if LSU has him on its list. No, it's not at all likely Dantonio would pull a Nick Saban and leave the Spartans to coach the Tigers.

But as writers begin speculating on possible LSU targets, Dantonio is starting to appear on a few lists, including CBS Sports writer Tom Fornelli's. And why not? Dantonio has done a phenomenal job in East Lansing, winning three Big Ten championships, winning a Rose Bowl and reaching the College Football Playoff last year.

"OK, here's the theory," Fornelli opined. "Dantonio has been incredibly successful at Michigan State. What he's done there is nothing short of remarkable. But look around him right now. Dantonio, as good as he's been, is sharing a division with Urban Meyer's Ohio State juggernaut and a Michigan program that appears on the verge of becoming a real power again under Jim Harbaugh. Maybe now is the best time for Dantonio to move on. If you combine his ability as a coach with the recruits he can land at LSU, well, just think about what he could possibly do there. Nobody expects it to happen, but this would be a home run hire for LSU if it found a way to pull it off."

Change Freep title to "LSU Hiring Mark Dantonio Would Be a Home Run for U of M".
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 12777
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by DWags on 2016-09-26, 12:26

LooseGoose wrote:Mark Dantonio would be 'home run hire' for LSU, writer says

LSU is looking for its next head football coach after firing Les Miles on Sunday.

Could Mark Dantonio be on its list?

Let's be clear before getting into the meat of this: No, the Michigan State head coach is not rumored to be considering the job. No, we don't know for sure if LSU has him on its list. No, it's not at all likely Dantonio would pull a Nick Saban and leave the Spartans to coach the Tigers.

But as writers begin speculating on possible LSU targets, Dantonio is starting to appear on a few lists, including CBS Sports writer Tom Fornelli's. And why not? Dantonio has done a phenomenal job in East Lansing, winning three Big Ten championships, winning a Rose Bowl and reaching the College Football Playoff last year.

"OK, here's the theory," Fornelli opined. "Dantonio has been incredibly successful at Michigan State. What he's done there is nothing short of remarkable. But look around him right now. Dantonio, as good as he's been, is sharing a division with Urban Meyer's Ohio State juggernaut and a Michigan program that appears on the verge of becoming a real power again under Jim Harbaugh. Maybe now is the best time for Dantonio to move on. If you combine his ability as a coach with the recruits he can land at LSU, well, just think about what he could possibly do there. Nobody expects it to happen, but this would be a home run hire for LSU if it found a way to pull it off."

Writer is saying Dantonio would walk away from a challenge.

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21855
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2016-09-26, 12:29

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Mark Dantonio would be 'home run hire' for LSU, writer says



Writer is saying Dantonio would walk away from a challenge.

The whole thing is flawed anyway.  Let's see, doesn't want to compete against Meyer and Harbaugh but competing against Lord Saban, Malzahn, etc, would be so much easier.
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 12777
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by The_Dude on 2016-09-26, 13:38

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Mark Dantonio would be 'home run hire' for LSU, writer says


Writer is saying Dantonio would walk away from a challenge.

Right, because coaching at a states second historically best program and in a division with 3 football blue bloods is not a 'challenge'. Rolling Eyes Neutral
avatar
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Posts : 7171
Join date : 2014-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by DWags on 2016-09-26, 14:10

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote:

Writer is saying Dantonio would walk away from a challenge.

The whole thing is flawed anyway.  Let's see, doesn't want to compete against Meyer and Harbaugh but competing against Lord Saban, Malzahn, etc, would be so much easier.

Writer is reaching. Fuck em

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21855
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by LooseGoose on 2016-09-26, 14:30

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

The whole thing is flawed anyway.  Let's see, doesn't want to compete against Meyer and Harbaugh but competing against Lord Saban, Malzahn, etc, would be so much easier.

Writer is reaching. Fuck em

Writer is searching for clicks, succeeded.

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32873
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum