Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random MSU appearances in TV shows, movies, books, etc.

+8
Blanch32
WCSparty
CheesySpartan
Robert J Sakimano
tGreenWay
Watch Out Pylon!
P Rob
Turtleneck
12 posters

Go down

Random MSU appearances in TV shows, movies, books, etc.  Empty Random MSU appearances in TV shows, movies, books, etc.

Post by Turtleneck Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 15:21

I started watching Homeland on Hulu. They recently added the first four seasons. So here I am watching season 1 episode 2, and there is a scene where the lead male character is laying on the couch talking to his wife and watching TV. The camera briefly flashes to the TV and it is Matt Trannon rebounding and passing the ball ahead. It looks like MSU v. UNC.

I also noticed MSU makes an appearance in the trailer for the new Bryan Cranston and James Franco movie. It is around the 12 second mark.

Post other random MSU appearances.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Random MSU appearances in TV shows, movies, books, etc.  Empty Re: Random MSU appearances in TV shows, movies, books, etc.

Post by P Rob Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 15:25

I saw Turtleneck on a message board. He's a sack of shit.
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Random MSU appearances in TV shows, movies, books, etc.  Empty Re: Random MSU appearances in TV shows, movies, books, etc.

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 15:44

Random MSU appearances in TV shows, movies, books, etc.  5469882123_a5915b15fe_b
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 15:47

Turtleneck wrote:I started watching Homeland on Hulu. They recently added the first four seasons. So here I am watching season 1 episode 2, and there is a scene where the lead male character is laying on the couch talking to his wife and watching TV. The camera briefly flashes to the TV and it is Matt Trannon rebounding and passing the ball ahead. It looks like MSU v. UNC.

I also noticed MSU makes an appearance in the trailer for the new Bryan Cranston and James Franco movie. It is around the 12 second mark.

In before Giant Moose. Oh, wait.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 15:50

Turtleneck wrote:I started watching Homeland on Hulu. They recently added the first four seasons. So here I am watching season 1 episode 2, and there is a scene where the lead male character is laying on the couch talking to his wife and watching TV. The camera briefly flashes to the TV and it is Matt Trannon rebounding and passing the ball ahead. It looks like MSU v. UNC.

You're not my mom. You can't tell me what to do.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 15:55

my wife and daughter (sorry For bin) watched a cartoon movie once - it drove me insane for some reason.. made it through about 3 minutes - and the dad wears an MSU sweatshirt.. forget the name of it but it's about a doll.. he's kinda gangly and skinny.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 16:38

Robert J Sakimano wrote:my wife and daughter (sorry For bin) watched a cartoon movie once - it drove me insane for some reason.. made it through about 3 minutes - and the dad wears an MSU sweatshirt.. forget the name of it but it's about a doll.. he's kinda gangly and skinny.

Coraline
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WCSparty Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 16:48

Random MSU appearances in TV shows, movies, books, etc.  Dad
WCSparty
WCSparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 22:15

Just saw 1 HR photo last week. Robin Williams watches Mark Renard fumble the ball at the goaline vs bc. Don't worry we win that game.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 23:17

The novel Where the Boys Are which was later became a movie was written by MSU English prof Glendon Swarthout based on MSU students going to Fort Lauderdale for spring break.

In a stroke of pure genius, Swarthout accompanied a group of sttudents from honors English class he was teaching to Fort Lauderdale do "research" on spring break one year in the mid 50's that became the novel.

The opening winter scene was filmed on the steps of Berkey Hall.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Fri 19 Aug 2016 - 6:38

GRR Spartan wrote:The novel Where the Boys Are which was later became a movie was written by MSU English prof Glendon Swarthout based on MSU students going to Fort Lauderdale for spring break.

In a stroke of pure genius, Swarthout accompanied a group of sttudents from honors English class he was teaching to Fort Lauderdale do "research" on spring break one year in the mid 50's that became the novel.

The opening winter scene was filmed on the steps of Berkey Hall.

Then why didn't they realize that sweet dude with the boom box was a fellow classmate?

Ftr, that was one strange movie. Way different era
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill Fri 19 Aug 2016 - 7:38

Agent character in NCIS:New Orleans says she is an MSU grad.
Random MSU appearances in TV shows, movies, books, etc.  Zoe10
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 19 Aug 2016 - 8:15

CheesySpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:my wife and daughter (sorry For bin) watched a cartoon movie once - it drove me insane for some reason.. made it through about 3 minutes - and the dad wears an MSU sweatshirt.. forget the name of it but it's about a doll.. he's kinda gangly and skinny.

Coraline
yep. That's the one.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 13 Jan 2018 - 0:15

Sports Night was a TV show that ran for two years in the late 90s. There is a brief discussion of MSU in season 1 episode 6.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Sat 13 Jan 2018 - 0:47

Dave Chappelle drops Draymond Green's name in his newest Netflix special.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 13 Jan 2018 - 6:37

The big chill. 1982 football game at Michigan.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 13 Jan 2018 - 6:54

CheesySpartan wrote:

Coraline

Couple of things: 1. Do you think when Rodgers got hurt CheeseySpartan killed himself. And 2. I’ll name drop, I don’t know the guy, but his brother in law is a frequent at our tailgate because he roomed with the guy who puts it on during the early 70’s at MSU, but Bill Mechanic produced Coarline and Hacksaw Ridge. He’s married to this guys sister and I’ve met him at the ND tailgate. I’m pretty sure Mechanic is a Spartan, sorry the conversation went something like, “Hey it’s hotter here than in California right now” or something like that. He had a suite to the game. Half the tailgate was invited. I wasn’t. Anyway, he produced Coarline and Hacksaw Ridge. He lets the athletes screen the movies at the Wharton center before release. Kid was invited to HR. That’s your Spartan connection to that movie. I know, I should say I’ve been told, he flies in for big games, I think he’s a donor. I wonder if he’s on campus today. He’s a fan.

Last edited by DWags on Sat 13 Jan 2018 - 7:20; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jan 2018 - 7:08

MSU Graduate Todd Brenner appears briefly in The Crow, Billy Bathgate, a Matlock Episode and a TV Movie - Woman on the Run: The Bambi Bembenek Story. He would have lived in Wilson when Pantry was there.

Here he is doing a local news cooking show a decade or so ago....

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down