Random Ramblings

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by The Pantry on 2017-04-16, 14:19

Not sure what the fertilizer company put on my lawn a few weeks ago but the grass is growing well. Will have to break out the mower this week. Usually don't have to do that until early May
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-04-16, 14:32

If you had to kill a wasp in your house how well would you sleep that night? I probably won't.
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-04-16, 14:41

Floyd Robertson wrote:If you had to kill a wasp in your house how well would you sleep that night? I probably won't.

Probably a sentinel or flew in accidentally. Not necessarily a sign of a bigger problem. Might wanna buy some Benedryl to have handy, just in case.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-04-16, 14:45

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:If you had to kill a wasp in your house how well would you sleep that night? I probably won't.

Probably a sentinel or flew in accidentally. Not necessarily a sign of a bigger problem. Might wanna buy some Benedryl to have handy, just in case.

I didn't come here for rational explanations.
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2017-04-16, 14:50

They generally don't fly in the dark...why they recommend waiting until night to hose down wasp nests with kill spray.

They had a nest inside the mechanism of a height adjustable backboard at an old house.  Sprayed it down one night.  Unfortunately there was enough light from nearby homes that one of the fuckers found me and landed on the back of my shirt...stung me three times before I could get the shirt off.
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-04-16, 19:51

The Pantry wrote:They generally don't fly in the dark...why they recommend waiting until night to hose down wasp nests with kill spray.

They had a nest inside the mechanism of a height adjustable backboard at an old house.  Sprayed it down one night.  Unfortunately there was enough light from nearby homes that one of the fuckers found me and landed on the back of my shirt...stung me three times before I could get the shirt off.

Good point. Floyd really has to worry about all those spiders expanding their turf now that we're moving into bug season. Just think about all those creepy crawly things he's going to swallow while he's sleeping.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2017-04-16, 20:13

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:They generally don't fly in the dark...why they recommend waiting until night to hose down wasp nests with kill spray.

Good point. Floyd really has to worry about all those spiders expanding their turf now that we're moving into bug season. Just think about all those creepy crawly things he's going to swallow while he's sleeping.
If I were him I'd be more worried about earwigs. Things show up unexpectedly in the weirdest places. Always remind me of that old Star Trek movie with Ricardo Montalban.
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2017-04-19, 09:10

I'm on an internet conference call session, supposed to start at 9. Some Bahsten fuckah can't log on prahpahly and is makin' everyone fall bahind.

Go Sawx.

I've had watery pea soup, it's AWFUL.
Uh, I've had gelatinous, thick pea soup, it's TERRIBLE.
Pea soup, much like clam chowder, needs to have that consistency first, that you can stand the spoon up in it, but the spoon soon tilts, that's the consistency you want.
Number two: Uh, pea soup on it's own can be a little bland. It wants, uh, a fairly aggressive peppering and salting.
Number three: Pea soup needs a fine dice of ham. Not bacon, not any other meat, not turkey. It needs a fine dice of ham.
Uh, number four: Uh, pea soup scorches easily. You don't wanna heat it on a high heat. You wanna heat it on medium low, just until it's warmed through.
Uh, number five: Pea soup is best made, uh, by hand, not out of a Campbell's can. And the key to pea soup, you want a ham bone, uh, for the stock you make, uh, to, to boil your peas.
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2017-04-19, 18:16

On the way home this evening saw what I thought were geese up ahead on the side of the road. Got closer and it was over a dozen escaped chickens feeding in the grass next to the road. The owner is gonna have fun rounding them up when they get home.
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-04-19, 18:31

The Pantry wrote:On the way home this evening saw what I thought were geese up ahead on the side of the road. Got closer and it was over a dozen escaped chickens feeding in the grass next to the road. The owner is gonna have fun rounding them up when they get home.

Did any of them cross the road?

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-04-19, 18:32

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

If I were him I'd be more worried about earwigs. Things show up unexpectedly in the weirdest places. Always remind me of that old Star Trek movie with Ricardo Montalban.

There was an episode of Night Gallery that aired when I was 9 or 10. Same deal: Guy gets an earwig eating through his brain. Freaked me out for years.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-04-19, 18:33

The Pantry wrote:On the way home this evening saw what I thought were geese up ahead on the side of the road. Got closer and it was over a dozen escaped chickens feeding in the grass next to the road. The owner is gonna have fun rounding them up when they get home.

Sounds like a fowl situation.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-04-19, 18:35

Some poor schlub will have to clean up that mess for some poultry hourly wage. Guys like that get paid chicken feed.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-04-19, 18:37

Hustle them down to Popeye's, Louisiana fast.
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2017-04-19, 18:39

tGreenWay wrote:

None. They were all busy pecking away at whatever was in the grass. Though, I can imagine some might cross the road when the owner starts chasing them.
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-04-19, 18:40

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

None. They were all busy pecking away at whatever was in the grass. Though, I can imagine some might cross the road when the owner starts chasing them.

At least you'll have an answer then when someone asks why they crossed the road.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-04-19, 18:41

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I wouldn't blame them, they've got a taste of free range.
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2017-04-19, 18:48

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:None. They were all busy pecking away at whatever was in the grass. Though, I can imagine some might cross the road when the owner starts chasing them.

At least you'll have an answer then when someone asks why they crossed the road.
That's the only logical answer to the age-old question.
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield on 2017-04-19, 22:32

I got intentionally walked in IM softball today. What the fuck

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine on 2017-04-19, 22:34

If I masturbate with hemp lotion is it considered weed whacking? Asking for a friend.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2017-04-19, 22:51

Tim Wakefield wrote:I got intentionally walked in IM softball today. What the fuck
Did they do it the traditional way or just tell you to take first base?
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-04-20, 12:15

xsanguine wrote:If I masturbate with hemp lotion is it considered weed whacking? Asking for a friend.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2017-04-20, 12:39

Tim Wakefield wrote:I got intentionally walked in IM softball today. What the fuck

Wow. What was the reason? Guy/girl behind you suck?

Pea soup, much like clam chowder, needs to have that consistency first, that you can stand the spoon up in it, but the spoon soon tilts, that's the consistency you want.
Number two: Uh, pea soup on it's own can be a little bland. It wants, uh, a fairly aggressive peppering and salting.
Number three: Pea soup needs a fine dice of ham. Not bacon, not any other meat, not turkey. It needs a fine dice of ham.
Uh, number four: Uh, pea soup scorches easily. You don't wanna heat it on a high heat. You wanna heat it on medium low, just until it's warmed through.
Uh, number five: Pea soup is best made, uh, by hand, not out of a Campbell's can. And the key to pea soup, you want a ham bone, uh, for the stock you make, uh, to, to boil your peas.
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-04-20, 13:54

Death Roe wrote:

Wow. What was the reason? Guy/girl behind you suck?

Because Wakie is a beast.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2017-04-20, 14:01

Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2017-04-20, 15:22

Where's a link to the popcorn thread?
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-04-20, 15:28

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2017-04-20, 15:30

school gets out at 3:37. They let the kids out the back door. It's first grade so parents need to be there to pick them up. Nowhere to park within I'd say 120 yards of that door. Sitting in car right now, it's pouring, thunder and lightning. Joy.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-04-20, 15:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote: school gets out at 3:37. They let the kids out the back door. It's first grade so parents need to be there to pick them up. Nowhere to park within I'd say 120 yards of that door. Sitting in car right now, it's pouring, thunder and lightning. Joy.

It is dark and raining cows and sheep at my office. If it doesn't stop within the next 45 minutes I'm going to be one soaked hombre trying to get to my to check my gas gauge. That's right, no coat. I gave them up until November.
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-04-20, 16:23

It's been my personal experience that Marines offer the strongest handshake, but surgeons are a pretty close second. I'm talking both men and women.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2017-04-28, 12:35

I had Menna's Joint for the first time this week.

It's cheap, and not good for you, but holy shit it was awesome.

Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2017-04-28, 13:25

Got a lamburger at Beirut Palace. Need to order them medium rare or they put too much char on them.
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2017-05-02, 00:08

Prayers for her family and friends. RIP, Adriana.

Adriana Morales de Florencio

My daughter will be starting her contract on Navigator of the Seas in less than a month.

The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-05-02, 19:22

Suppose you get DM'd by someone on Twitter that you learn is a young single mother in Illinois? Do you open the message or just delete it? I doubt it's nudes and, no, I haven't been in Illinois in recent memory.
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2017-05-02, 19:33

Floyd Robertson wrote:Suppose you get DM'd by someone on Twitter that you learn is a young single mother in Illinois? Do you open the message or just delete it? I doubt it's nudes and, no, I haven't been in Illinois in recent memory.
She didn't tell you she lived there?
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh on 2017-05-02, 19:35

just let me know if it truly goes down in there Floyd
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2017-05-02, 19:42

The Pantry wrote:Prayers for her family and friends.  RIP, Adriana.

Adriana Morales de Florencio

My daughter will be starting her contract on Navigator of the Seas in less than a month.
To say I feel uneasy would be understated

Adriana Morales stabbed to death
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-05-02, 19:44

The Pantry wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Suppose you get DM'd by someone on Twitter that you learn is a young single mother in Illinois? Do you open the message or just delete it? I doubt it's nudes and, no, I haven't been in Illinois in recent memory.
She didn't tell you she lived there?

So says her twitter bio.
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-05-02, 19:53

Pantry, that's frightening. From the first story you posted, she left the ship with her killer? Does your daughter know if it's another Royal employee, love interest, or maybe a passenger? So sad.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-05-02, 19:55

Floyd, I read my DMs but won't follow links from people I don't know. I've briefly corresponded with people on twitter, but ignore the obvious bots and those who DM me out of the blue.
Sidenote: Always demand a paternity test.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum