Random Ramblings

Page 24 of 27 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-07-26, 21:30

I hope Travis' quilting forum is still running strong.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19400
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-07-28, 09:49

Former Warren strip club Jon Jon's to become Dairy Queen

For some reason I find this kind of funny.
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 12314
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by DWags on 2017-07-28, 09:53

Floyd Robertson wrote:Former Warren strip club Jon Jon's to become Dairy Queen

For some reason I find this kind of funny.

Think the soft serve will be made with raw milk?

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21222
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by The Pantry on 2017-07-28, 09:55

Pulled a few nooners there back in the day
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7861
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-07-28, 10:10

Last time was there was the day after Christmas, 2002 I think.
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 12314
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-07-28, 10:13

Floyd Robertson wrote:Former Warren strip club Jon Jon's to become Dairy Queen

For some reason I find this kind of funny.

Something something Mr. Misty Kiss.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19400
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by The Pantry on 2017-07-28, 18:47

Floyd Robertson wrote:Last time was there was the day after Christmas, 2002 I think.
Been over 30 years. We'd go to Victory Inn for lunch...burgers and a couple beers. Most times we'd go back to work. Sometimes we'd migrate across Mound and spend the afternoon.

Company owner's son joined us a few times. Was maybe 6 o'clock one evening and he was totally shitfaced. Called his wife to come pick him up. She walked into the place a little while later. Sat down with us and ordered a drink. Shot the shit and had some laughs while her husband looked ready to pass out. He sobered up a bit when she stood up and said she wanted to get on stage during a break in the action. Stumbled to his feet and they left.

avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7861
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-07-28, 18:49

The Pantry wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Last time was there was the day after Christmas, 2002 I think.
Been over 30 years. We'd go to Victory Inn for lunch...burgers and a couple beers. Most times we'd go back to work. Sometimes we'd migrate across Mound and spend the afternoon.

Company owner's son joined us a few times. Was maybe 6 o'clock one evening and he was totally shitfaced. Called his wife to come pick him up. She walked into the place a little while later. Sat down with us and ordered a drink. Shot the shit and had some laughs while her husband looked ready to pass out. He sobered up a bit when she stood up and said she wanted to get on stage during a break in the action. Stumbled to his feet and they left.


great story.
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 12314
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by DWags on 2017-07-28, 21:50

Now you know this. Forever.


_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21222
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by DWags on 2017-07-29, 08:03

So fucking sick of this. The East side sucks. Two or three more years and I'll never come back.

Typical summer for Detroits east siders

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21222
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-07-29, 08:06

DWags wrote:So fucking sick of this. The East side sucks. Two or three more years and I'll never come back.

Typical summer for Detroits east siders

Come swim with us in the river tonight Wags......we wash all of our bacteria down to Glennie.

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32549
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by DWags on 2017-07-29, 08:13

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:So fucking sick of this. The East side sucks. Two or three more years and I'll never come back.

Typical summer for Detroits east siders

Come swim with us in the river tonight Wags......we wash all of our bacteria down to Glennie.

Ha. Leaving for the west coast as soon as the wife wakes up. Truck is packed I'm on the back stoop drinking coffee looking at maybe 50 spider nests in my rock garden around my bushes. I need an exterminator

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21222
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-07-29, 08:23

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Come swim with us in the river tonight Wags......we wash all of our bacteria down to Glennie.

Ha. Leaving for the west coast as soon as the wife wakes up. Truck is packed I'm on the back stoop drinking coffee looking at maybe 50 spider nests in my rock garden around my bushes. I need an exterminator

Go stick your toe in her ear.....

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32549
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by DWags on 2017-07-29, 09:05

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

Ha. Leaving for the west coast as soon as the wife wakes up. Truck is packed I'm on the back stoop drinking coffee looking at maybe 50 spider nests in my rock garden around my bushes. I need an exterminator

Go stick your toe in her ear.....

Toe?

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21222
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by The Pantry on 2017-07-29, 13:30

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Come swim with us in the river tonight Wags......we wash all of our bacteria down to Glennie.

Ha. Leaving for the west coast as soon as the wife wakes up. Truck is packed I'm on the back stoop drinking coffee looking at maybe 50 spider nests in my rock garden around my bushes. I need an exterminator
Fuck rocks. Put cedar mulch in your shrub and flower beds. Keeps bugs away, including mosquitos.
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7861
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by DWags on 2017-07-29, 13:36

The Pantry wrote:
DWags wrote:

Ha. Leaving for the west coast as soon as the wife wakes up. Truck is packed I'm on the back stoop drinking coffee looking at maybe 50 spider nests in my rock garden around my bushes. I need an exterminator
Fuck rocks. Put cedar mulch in your shrub and flower beds. Keeps bugs away, including mosquitos.

Yeah. But it's going to be a shit load of work switching over.

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21222
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by The Pantry on 2017-07-29, 13:45

If you're lazy you can just throw the cedar over the rocks.
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7861
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by DWags on 2017-07-29, 13:53

The Pantry wrote:If you're lazy you can just throw the cedar over the rocks.

I'm not lazy. I just have othe things that I like doing. I might do that next spring. Well, fuck maybe I am a bit lazy.

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21222
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by DWags on 2017-07-29, 14:11

Just got invited to the Redwings Season opener October 5th. Sweet! I was thinking of scalping. Free is better.

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21222
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by The Pantry on 2017-07-29, 14:15

Went to the first regular season game at Ford Field. Haven't been back since.
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7861
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by DWags on 2017-07-29, 15:26

The Pantry wrote:Went to the first regular season game at Ford Field. Haven't been back since.

You haven't missed much.

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21222
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by DWags on 2017-07-30, 08:47

As a reminder to why we don't eat at fast food places mostly manned by teenagers. Spend the extra time making a lunch

Yum Mcdonalds

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21222
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by DWags on 2017-07-30, 09:03

Port Huron? Really? Surprised me.

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21222
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-07-30, 11:24

DWags wrote:Port Huron? Really? Surprised me.

All those trashy Canadians crossing the border to drink beer with a higher alcohol content.


Last edited by tGreenWay on 2017-07-30, 16:54; edited 1 time in total
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19400
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by The Pantry on 2017-07-30, 13:52

DWags wrote:Port Huron? Really? Surprised me.
Doesn't surprise me. Was more surprised Warren was #1. Grew up there, though on the North side (home was less than 50 yards from the Sterling Heights border).

Ishpeming kind of surprised me too. Guess they had to include one up North town.
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7861
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by The Pantry on 2017-07-30, 15:15

Arbys has another limited time sandwich

Mount Italy


avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7861
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-07-30, 16:57

Seems a woodchuck has taken up residence in the GreenWay East Gardens. Gonna have to put up a fence around my vegetables before the little fucker has himself a smorgasbord.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19400
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-07-30, 17:05

tGreenWay wrote:Seems a woodchuck has taken up residence in the GreenWay East Gardens. Gonna have to put up a fence around my vegetables before the little fucker has himself a smorgasbord.


_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32549
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-07-30, 17:09

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Seems a woodchuck has taken up residence in the GreenWay East Gardens. Gonna have to put up a fence around my vegetables before the little fucker has himself a smorgasbord.


If I had that, I'd be shooting at so many other things, I'd forget all about the woodchuck.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19400
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-07-30, 18:18

If I'm in the middle of composing an operetta but then stop and never finish, am I decomposing?

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19400
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by DWags on 2017-07-30, 19:26

tGreenWay wrote:If I'm in the middle of composing an operetta but then stop and never finish, am I decomposing?

The composing store called....

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21222
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-07-30, 19:29

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:If I'm in the middle of composing an operetta but then stop and never finish, am I decomposing?

The composing store called....

What's the difference? You're their number one shrimp.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19400
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Death Roe on 2017-07-31, 10:24

I have to rip a huge fart at work, and was about to let it go, then my co-worker walked into our area. Had the cheek lifted and everything.

_________________
SHOCKULAR:
Where to start?
I mean, the first thing with pea soup is the texture, okay?
I've had watery pea soup, it's AWFUL.
Uh, I've had gelatinous, thick pea soup, it's TERRIBLE.
Pea soup, much like clam chowder, needs to have that consistency first, that you can stand the spoon up in it, but the spoon soon tilts, that's the consistency you want.
Number two: Uh, pea soup on it's own can be a little bland. It wants, uh, a fairly aggressive peppering and salting.
Number three: Pea soup needs a fine dice of ham. Not bacon, not any other meat, not turkey. It needs a fine dice of ham.
Uh, number four: Uh, pea soup scorches easily. You don't wanna heat it on a high heat. You wanna heat it on medium low, just until it's warmed through.
Uh, number five: Pea soup is best made, uh, by hand, not out of a Campbell's can. And the key to pea soup, you want a ham bone, uh, for the stock you make, uh, to, to boil your peas.
avatar
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 8393
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Pants Pooper

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-07-31, 10:29

Death Roe wrote:I have to rip a huge fart at work, and was about to let it go, then my co-worker walked into our area. Had the cheek lifted and everything.

Is gHost your Dad?

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32549
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Death Roe on 2017-07-31, 10:30

LooseGoose wrote:
Death Roe wrote:I have to rip a huge fart at work, and was about to let it go, then my co-worker walked into our area. Had the cheek lifted and everything.

Is gHost your Dad?

If he was I would have farted right in front of her then shit in the trash can near me.

_________________
SHOCKULAR:
Where to start?
I mean, the first thing with pea soup is the texture, okay?
I've had watery pea soup, it's AWFUL.
Uh, I've had gelatinous, thick pea soup, it's TERRIBLE.
Pea soup, much like clam chowder, needs to have that consistency first, that you can stand the spoon up in it, but the spoon soon tilts, that's the consistency you want.
Number two: Uh, pea soup on it's own can be a little bland. It wants, uh, a fairly aggressive peppering and salting.
Number three: Pea soup needs a fine dice of ham. Not bacon, not any other meat, not turkey. It needs a fine dice of ham.
Uh, number four: Uh, pea soup scorches easily. You don't wanna heat it on a high heat. You wanna heat it on medium low, just until it's warmed through.
Uh, number five: Pea soup is best made, uh, by hand, not out of a Campbell's can. And the key to pea soup, you want a ham bone, uh, for the stock you make, uh, to, to boil your peas.
avatar
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 8393
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Pants Pooper

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-07-31, 10:35

Well? Did you shart, DR?

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19400
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Death Roe on 2017-07-31, 10:46

I just farted since she's on the phone in the other room. Thanks for the concern, guys.

_________________
SHOCKULAR:
Where to start?
I mean, the first thing with pea soup is the texture, okay?
I've had watery pea soup, it's AWFUL.
Uh, I've had gelatinous, thick pea soup, it's TERRIBLE.
Pea soup, much like clam chowder, needs to have that consistency first, that you can stand the spoon up in it, but the spoon soon tilts, that's the consistency you want.
Number two: Uh, pea soup on it's own can be a little bland. It wants, uh, a fairly aggressive peppering and salting.
Number three: Pea soup needs a fine dice of ham. Not bacon, not any other meat, not turkey. It needs a fine dice of ham.
Uh, number four: Uh, pea soup scorches easily. You don't wanna heat it on a high heat. You wanna heat it on medium low, just until it's warmed through.
Uh, number five: Pea soup is best made, uh, by hand, not out of a Campbell's can. And the key to pea soup, you want a ham bone, uh, for the stock you make, uh, to, to boil your peas.
avatar
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 8393
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Pants Pooper

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-07-31, 10:56

Death Roe wrote:I just farted since she's on the phone in the other room. Thanks for the concern, guys.

I hope you keep a stash of booty wipes at work, just in case.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19400
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Death Roe on 2017-07-31, 10:59

tGreenWay wrote:
Death Roe wrote:I just farted since she's on the phone in the other room. Thanks for the concern, guys.

I hope you keep a stash of booty wipes at work, just in case.

I have Dude Wipes in my desk.

_________________
SHOCKULAR:
Where to start?
I mean, the first thing with pea soup is the texture, okay?
I've had watery pea soup, it's AWFUL.
Uh, I've had gelatinous, thick pea soup, it's TERRIBLE.
Pea soup, much like clam chowder, needs to have that consistency first, that you can stand the spoon up in it, but the spoon soon tilts, that's the consistency you want.
Number two: Uh, pea soup on it's own can be a little bland. It wants, uh, a fairly aggressive peppering and salting.
Number three: Pea soup needs a fine dice of ham. Not bacon, not any other meat, not turkey. It needs a fine dice of ham.
Uh, number four: Uh, pea soup scorches easily. You don't wanna heat it on a high heat. You wanna heat it on medium low, just until it's warmed through.
Uh, number five: Pea soup is best made, uh, by hand, not out of a Campbell's can. And the key to pea soup, you want a ham bone, uh, for the stock you make, uh, to, to boil your peas.
avatar
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 8393
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Pants Pooper

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by DWags on 2017-08-01, 21:11

Well shit. Old Shillelagh had a fire.

One of the most fun bars downtown

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21222
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 27 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum