Players only meeting = Trouble

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Players only meeting = Trouble Empty Players only meeting = Trouble

Post by DWags on 2016-10-05, 06:57

From TOB

Finished up talking with players a few moments ago, and offensive linemen Kodi Kieler and Brian Allen had some of the stronger messages I heard. Kieler spoke in defense of Tyler O'Connor (I'll get to that later), while Allen explained why the upperclassmen went to head coach Mark Dantonio and requested a players only team meeting.
"Just to get everyone's attitude on the same page," Allen started. "The older guys just felt that it feels different than how it's been in the past. Older guys have led this team and younger guys have followed. We've just got to get everybody on the same page and let them know that what's happened here the last two weeks is something that's embarrassing, that shouldn't happen here.

Yeah, they've lost their edge. This team needs a motivating player or coach to rally them. I think they have two captains who just don't do that now. Some young guy has to step up. Or some coach like Burton has to become a Narduzzi type.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Players only meeting = Trouble Empty Re: Players only meeting = Trouble

Post by By-Tor on 2016-10-05, 07:12

It starts at the top. It was an offseason of tooting our own horn about accomplishments of the past 8 seasons. The same exact stuff we mock the scummers for except they take it back 110 seasons.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2016-10-05, 07:23

By-Tor wrote:It starts at the top. It was an offseason of tooting our own horn about accomplishments of the past 8 seasons. The same exact stuff we mock the scummers for except they take it back 110 seasons.

Yep. Lost that chip. Became satisfied.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2016-10-05, 07:26

Is it

A) kiddies are upset because they think they're more talented than upper class and not getting time
B) upper class is upset because they don't think the kiddies have the same work ethic

Either way, are players-only meetings ever good?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2016-10-05, 07:31

Losing to Indiana = trouble
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove on 2016-10-05, 07:48

Players only meeting = Trouble Godfather-GC
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2016-10-05, 07:58

I'm not worried.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2016-10-05, 08:01

Guess we'll find out if this is a good or bad thing on Saturday.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2016-10-05, 08:05

We gone
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan on 2016-10-05, 08:15

Anyone recall a players only meeting in football or basketball actually helping??? I can't.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn on 2016-10-05, 08:20

CheesySpartan wrote:Anyone recall a players only meeting in football or basketball actually helping??? I can't.

Didn't the basketball team have a slumber party a few years back ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2016-10-05, 08:27

duffy munn wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:Anyone recall a players only meeting in football or basketball actually helping??? I can't.

Didn't the basketball team have a slumber party a few years back ?
Players only meeting = Trouble 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2016-10-05, 08:37

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2016-10-05, 09:10

The last Players Only Meeting I heard about didn't go so well. 2 kids almost got in a fight and 1 of them quit the team.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS on 2016-10-05, 09:13

Man you fools criticize everything. This shows the players care. They lost their last two games so of course this is a signal that things are well. However, it can't hurt.

Calm down, trust in Dantonio. We knew this year would be a step back, granted we didn't think it would be this far back. Still, they have a lot to play for, and I have faith in Coach D and this team to turn things around. And if not then the sun will rise the next morning.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2016-10-05, 09:15

TheReal_LWS wrote:Man you fools criticize everything. This shows the players care. They lost their last two games so of course this is a signal that things are well. However, it can't hurt.

Calm down, trust in Dantonio. We knew this year would be a step back, granted we didn't think it would be this far back. Still, they have a lot to play for, and I have faith in Coach D and this team to turn things around. And if not then the sun will rise the next morning.

sunny
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude on 2016-10-05, 09:24

So green and white days really wasn't a good idea, huh.

Team couldn't stay mentally grounded. Looking at who they lost from last year though, I am shock and dismayed these guys thought they were anywhere near as good.

You can tell they don't play with the same emotion/fire. Not Irving Bullough and Reschke out there are massive blows.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2016-10-05, 09:26

DWags wrote:From TOB

Finished up talking with players a few moments ago, and offensive linemen Kodi Kieler and Brian Allen had some of the stronger messages I heard. Kieler spoke in defense of Tyler O'Connor (I'll get to that later), while Allen explained why the upperclassmen went to head coach Mark Dantonio and requested a players only team meeting.
"Just to get everyone's attitude on the same page," Allen started. "The older guys just felt that it feels different than how it's been in the past. Older guys have led this team and younger guys have followed. We've just got to get everybody on the same page and let them know that what's happened here the last two weeks is something that's embarrassing, that shouldn't happen here.

Yeah, they've lost their edge. This team needs a motivating player or coach to rally them. I think they have two captains who just don't do that now. Some young guy has to step up. Or some coach like Burton has to become a Narduzzi type.

Michigan State players hold meeting to address 'embarrassing' last two weeks

A story on it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2016-10-05, 09:29

The_Dude wrote:So green and white days really wasn't a good idea, huh.

Team couldn't stay mentally grounded. Looking at who they lost from last year though, I am shock and dismayed these guys thought they were anywhere near as good.

You can tell they don't play with the same emotion/fire. Not Irving Bullough and Reschke out there are massive blows.

Didn't you already try this narrative before? Repeats suck, especially from you.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway on 2016-10-05, 09:47

TheReal_LWS wrote:Man you fools criticize everything. This shows the players care. They lost their last two games so of course this is a signal that things are well. However, it can't hurt.

I trust in Coach D, and it is 100% his decision to continue to start Tyler O'Maxwell
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 on 2016-10-05, 09:51

too little too late. program got fat and sassy. 5 and 7 here we come....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2016-10-05, 09:53

Blanch32 wrote:too little too late. program got fat and sassy. 5 and 7 here we come....

Players only meeting = Trouble 200
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn on 2016-10-05, 10:13

The_Dude wrote:So green and white days really wasn't a good idea, huh.

Yeah, let's blame it on Green and White Days.

YAFI
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad on 2016-10-06, 08:50

The attrition and the recruiting failures along the OL and DL are becoming pretty obvious. While I was fat, drunk and happy for the past 3 years, I didn't even bother to look at the lack of depth (and maybe even talent) in the trenches. It is scary.

Plus not recognizing for FOUR YEARS that TOC can't throw the ball more than 20 yards downfield. That's a fail, as you kids say these days.

Footnote: Actually, I did point to the lack of OL and DL recruits a couple of years ago after signing day. My post was met with the usual message board love. It's not easy being so far ahead on everything. It's a bit lonely actually.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2016-10-06, 08:58

Vlad wrote:The attrition and the recruiting failures along the OL and DL are becoming pretty obvious. While I was fat, drunk and happy for the past 3 years, I didn't even bother to look at the lack of depth (and maybe even talent) in the trenches. It is scary.

Plus not recognizing for FOUR YEARS that TOC can't throw the ball more than 20 yards downfield. That's a fail, as you kids say these days.

Footnote: Actually, I did point to the lack of OL and DL recruits a couple of years ago after signing day. My post was met with the usual message board love. It's not easy being so far ahead on everything. It's a bit lonely actually.

NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad on 2016-10-06, 09:07

NigelUno wrote:
Vlad wrote:The attrition and the recruiting failures along the OL and DL are becoming pretty obvious. While I was fat, drunk and happy for the past 3 years, I didn't even bother to look at the lack of depth (and maybe even talent) in the trenches. It is scary.

Hey thanks Nigel, I had totally missed those plays. Now, should I post clips of TOC severely underthrowing passes, including the one against IU to Corley that was even too short of the two trailing DBs to make a play on?? And the one Corley grabbed against ND was underthrown, wasn't it? Corley just made a great play on it. (I won't bother with the links, you saw it too.)

The kid struggles to get the ball out on long throws. Let's not argue for the sake of arguing.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2016-10-06, 09:22

Vlad wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Hey thanks Nigel, I had totally missed those plays. Now, should I post clips of TOC severely underthrowing passes, including the one against IU to Corley that was even too short of the two trailing DBs to make a play on?? And the one Corley grabbed against ND was underthrown, wasn't it? Corley just made a great play on it. (I won't bother with the links, you saw it too.)

The kid struggles to get the ball out on long throws. Let's not argue for the sake of arguing.

You said this:

Vlad wrote:

Do you want to argue about whether that is accurate? I gave you evidence that it wasn't, but you could still try and be a dumb ass.

And, no you don't need to link the pass to Corley...because that's the one I already linked. How dumb are you? Was that pass more than 20 yards? My guess is it went at least 45 in the air, but you tell me...watch the youtube link I already provided. Weird how you didn't comment on the pass to Shelton...how far was that one?

How about the pass to Corley against IU that Corley dropped? How far was that one?

Here's a link from the OSU game last year:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=14186762

Was that one more than 20 yards?

This isn't arguing for the sake of arguing. It's you saying something stupid (again), and me making you look stupid (again).

If you don't want to look stupid, then don't post.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad on 2016-10-06, 15:32

NigelUno wrote:
Vlad wrote:

You said this:

Vlad wrote:

Do you want to argue about whether that is accurate? I gave you evidence that it wasn't, but you could still try and be a dumb ass.

And, no you don't need to link the pass to Corley...because that's the one I already linked. How dumb are you? Was that pass more than 20 yards? My guess is it went at least 45 in the air, but you tell me...watch the youtube link I already provided. Weird how you didn't comment on the pass to Shelton...how far was that one?

How about the pass to Corley against IU that Corley dropped? How far was that one?

This isn't arguing for the sake of arguing. It's you saying something stupid (again), and me making you look stupid (again).

Ok boss, you win. TOC does not struggle with deep throws. My bad.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2016-10-06, 15:50

I'm still not worried.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly on 2016-10-06, 16:07

Vlad wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You said this:

Players only meeting = Trouble Latest?cb=20110926135214
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2016-10-06, 16:20

Vlad wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You said this:

You have to realize if you are going to have a discussion with Nigel, he will take the LITERAL interpretation/definition of everything you say. So technically Nigel is correct, TOC can throw a ball more than 20 yards.

Players only meeting = Trouble Knowing
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad on 2016-10-06, 16:31

Nordic wrote:
Vlad wrote:

You have to realize if you are going to have a discussion with Nigel, he will take the LITERAL interpretation/definition of everything you say.  So technically Nigel is correct, TOC can throw a ball more than 20 yards.

Agree. And technically, so can I. I swear! I can...with a good windup, just like TOC! cheers  I can probably get it a good 27 yards downfield, just like TOC. Now, if the receive is 30 yards downfield, fuck it! That's his problem!
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2016-10-06, 16:42

Nordic wrote:
Vlad wrote:

You have to realize if you are going to have a discussion with Nigel, he will take the LITERAL interpretation/definition of everything you say. So technically Nigel is correct, TOC can throw a ball more than 20 yards.

Did you watch the Indiana game?
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad on 2016-10-06, 16:48

NigelUno wrote:

He probably didn't. Maybe you could post a YouTube link or something, to show how strong a passer TOC really is.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2016-10-06, 16:49

This thread does not get my seal of approval.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2016-10-06, 16:52

Yeah Nordic is right. Neither nigel or vlad is wrong but that deep ball = over 20 yards is weak. O'Connor can't throw the deep ball. Fact.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2016-10-06, 16:54

NigelUno wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Yes.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2016-10-06, 16:58

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Yeah Nordic is right. Neither nigel or vlad is wrong but that deep ball = over 20 yards is weak. O'Connor can't throw the deep ball. Fact.

He can't? Shit. Better tell Shelton. Players only meeting = Trouble 502811600

Better tell Corley. Maybe that's why he dropped that one pass? He was like...OMG...he can throw it this far?

And Vlad picked the 20 yard window.

Let's see if I can sucker anyone into this one...

Are you guys comparing O'Connor's ability to throw the deep ball with Cook?
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2016-10-06, 17:00

Nordic wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Yes.

Did you think we were trying to go deep more than before? The same? Less?

Based on what you saw in that game, can O'Connor throw the deep ball?
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad on 2016-10-06, 17:00

NigelUno wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Yeah Nordic is right. Neither nigel or vlad is wrong but that deep ball = over 20 yards is weak. O'Connor can't throw the deep ball. Fact.

He can't?  Shit.  Better tell Shelton.  Players only meeting = Trouble 502811600

Better tell Corley.  Maybe that's why he dropped that one pass?  He was like...OMG...he can throw it this far?

And Vlad picked the 20 yard window.

Let's see if I can sucker anyone into this one...

Are you guys comparing O'Connor's ability to throw the deep ball with Cook?

Nigel is losing it again.

Ok Nigel, ok. Can we agree on 24 yards?? Or are you going to start posting YouTube clips of him hitting Corley at 26 yards??

Just don't cry little fella. It's just football. You win, 24 yards.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum