Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players only meeting = Trouble

+17
Vlad
Death Roe
Blanch32
Wally Fairway
The_Dude
TheReal_LWS
NigelUno
duffy munn
CheesySpartan
CORNER BLITZ
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
Dr. Strangelove
Travis of the Cosmos
Floyd Robertson
By-Tor
DWags
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Players only meeting = Trouble - Page 2 Empty Re: Players only meeting = Trouble

Post by Nordic 2016-10-06, 17:06

NigelUno wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Yes.

Did you think we were trying to go deep more than before?  The same?  Less?  

Based on what you saw in that game, can O'Connor throw the deep ball?  

I don't have a dog in this fight, I was trying to help Vlad with how you argue.  But

1) Probably about the same, though the RJ TD was probably the longest deep ball over the middle he's thrown this year.  Beautiful pass too.  I don't recall TOC being the big problem last week.  But in the interest of full disclosure I was fucking shitfaced last Saturday and don't remember much besides the RJ TD, the last drive and the Benny Hill show in OT.

2) Yes, I think O'Connor can throw a ball over 20 yards.

EDIT AGAIN on #1: IMO we've thrown more downfield (10+ yards) than people think. So when I say the same, that doesn't mean I think we didn't throw downfield.

Last edited by Nordic on 2016-10-06, 17:13; edited 2 times in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Players only meeting = Trouble - Page 2 Empty Re: Players only meeting = Trouble

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-06, 17:06

Vlad wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

He can't?  Shit.  Better tell Shelton.  Players only meeting = Trouble - Page 2 502811600

Better tell Corley.  Maybe that's why he dropped that one pass?  He was like...OMG...he can throw it this far?

And Vlad picked the 20 yard window.

Let's see if I can sucker anyone into this one...

Are you guys comparing O'Connor's ability to throw the deep ball with Cook?

Nigel is losing it again.

Ok Nigel, ok. Can we agree on 24 yards?? Or are you going to start posting YouTube clips of him hitting Corley at 26 yards??

Just don't cry little fella. It's just football. You win, 24 yards.

Huh. Weird how you don't want to talk about the 3 video links I posted and the yardage on those plays...

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-10-06, 17:06

MSU could be 0-12 and Nigel would find the sunshine. Anyone that's watched some of the games knows O'Connor isn't really a great thrower. But he will find those 1 or 2 times he could and beat it into the ground.

Nigel. We suck so far this year. No one is kicking your fucking dog.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-06, 17:07

Nordic wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Did you think we were trying to go deep more than before? The same? Less?

Based on what you saw in that game, can O'Connor throw the deep ball?

Yes, I think O'Connor can throw a ball over 20 yards.

Oh. My bad. I thought you wanted in on the discussion.

Carry on.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-06, 17:09

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:MSU could be 0-12 and Nigel would find the sunshine. Anyone that's watched some of the games knows O'Connor isn't really a great thrower. But he will find those 1 or 2 times he could and beat it into the ground.

Did you watch the IU game?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-10-06, 17:09

NigelUno wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:MSU could be 0-12 and Nigel would find the sunshine. Anyone that's watched some of the games knows O'Connor isn't really a great thrower. But he will find those 1 or 2 times he could and beat it into the ground.

Did you watch the IU game?

Not live, no. Last question I'm answering of yours. Fuck.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-10-06, 17:10

NigelUno wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Yes, I think O'Connor can throw a ball over 20 yards.

Oh. My bad. I thought you wanted in on the discussion.

Carry on.

I thought that was the discussion... that TOC can throw the ball over 20 yards

BTW, I edited my initial response.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-10-06, 17:13

Nigel has lost it.

Dwags, one of your bitches has lost it. He's goin' all Odell on here. Please take him out of the game. He even claims that his $10,000 was going to charity.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-10-06, 17:24

Nigel, I think what Vlad and others are trying to say is TOC has not been very accurate on throws over 20 yards. Now this is obviously a subjective opinion. Which I completely agree with. You posted a couple of nice long ball throws over 20 yards. That one to RJ made me tingle. Here is some subjective video for you to digest. See the two deep sideline routes starting at the 1:40 mark and ending at the 2:07 (not the one where he is hurried).

Now here is some objective data for you to digest:

Against Indiana, O’Connor completed just 5-of-14 pass attempts at 10 or more yards downfield. http://www.cfbfilmroom.com/2016/10/03/indiana-24-michigan-state-17/

O'Connor has completed 30% of his passes of 20+ or more.

Players only meeting = Trouble - Page 2 Ct4c5n0UMAAzgu5
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-06, 17:25

Vlad wrote:Nigel has lost it.

Dwags, one of your bitches has lost it. He's goin' all Odell on here. Please take him out of the game. He even claims that his $10,000 was going to charity.

Yes. The bet had charity terms, which is why you (allegedly) sent the $100 you lost to charity.

My $10,000 wasn't going anywhere, because it was a sucker bet (which you fell for).

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-10-06, 17:27

Nigel is owning your ass Vlage.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-10-06, 17:37

Rocinante wrote:Nigel is owning your ass Vlage.

Yes, Nigel is correct, O'Connor can throw the ball over 20 yards.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-10-06, 17:38

While I find this back and forth amusing and fun, I'd like to ask a clarifying question. Are we assuming only TOC's numbers drop the further down field he goes or while he's under pressure? Also are drops counted?

Thanks, and thanks for posting on the swill.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-06, 17:45

Nordic wrote:Nigel, I think what Vlad and others are trying to say is TOC has not been very accurate on throws over 20 yards.  Now this is obviously a subjective opinion.  Which I completely agree with.  You posted a couple of nice long ball throws over 20 yards. That one to RJ made me tingle.  Here is some subjective video for you to digest.  See the two deep sideline routes starting at  the 1:40 mark and ending at the 2:07 (not the one where he is hurried).

Against Indiana, O’Connor completed just 5-of-14 pass attempts at 10 or more yards downfield.  http://www.cfbfilmroom.com/2016/10/03/indiana-24-michigan-state-17/

Does the objective data count the pass Corley dropped against IU that (most likely) would have been a 95 yard TD?

Does the objective data factor in how good Wisconsin's defense is?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-10-06, 17:52

That is strictly data Nigel. He has completed 30% of his passes of 20 or more yards.

Tell me Nigel, what is your subjective opinion on TOC as a downfield passer? Feel free to categorize downfield however you want.

Last edited by Nordic on 2016-10-06, 18:02; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-06, 17:53

Do you guys think we were throwing the deep ball last year?

Our longest pass play was to Pendleton against UM for 74 yards.

Our best WR (Burbridge) had one catch over 50 yards. His 2nd longest reception of the year was a 36 yard pass from O'Connor (against OSU in the rain).

Cook was never pressured like O'Connor was against Wisconsin (maybe the Michigan game).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-10-06, 18:09

Is Dantonio going to be the coach next year? If so, do any of you think the offense changes if Warner gets moved? Just curious.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-10-06, 18:17

NigelUno wrote:
Nordic wrote:Nigel, I think what Vlad and others are trying to say is TOC has not been very accurate on throws over 20 yards.  Now this is obviously a subjective opinion.  Which I completely agree with.  You posted a couple of nice long ball throws over 20 yards. That one to RJ made me tingle.  Here is some subjective video for you to digest.  See the two deep sideline routes starting at  the 1:40 mark and ending at the 2:07 (not the one where he is hurried).

Against Indiana, O’Connor completed just 5-of-14 pass attempts at 10 or more yards downfield.  http://www.cfbfilmroom.com/2016/10/03/indiana-24-michigan-state-17/

Does the objective data count the pass Corley dropped against IU that (most likely) would have been a 95 yard TD?

Does the objective data factor in how good Wisconsin's defense is?

No but it does include Corley s tD that prevented an int.

Fwiw, love how facts are owning your ass and yet you cling to stars. lol
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-06, 18:21

DWags wrote:Is Dantonio going to be the coach next year? If so, do any of you think the offense changes if Warner gets moved? Just curious.

Yes, Dantonio will be the coach.

The offense might change a little depending on who plays QB.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-06, 18:26

Nordic wrote:That is strictly data Nigel. He has completed 30% of his passes of 20 or more yards.

Tell me Nigel, what is your subjective opinion on TOC as a downfield passer? Feel free to categorize downfield however you want.

Too early to tell.

Using the Wisconsin game as a barometer (as I think many people are doing) is short sighted.

Given adequate protection, he can throw the deep ball. I think we took more shots downfield against IU (as the coaches knew we'd get better protection than we did against Wisconsin). If Corley hadn't dropped that one deep shot, I think we'd all be raving about how we can suddenly throw the deep ball.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-10-06, 18:37

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:Is Dantonio going to be the coach next year? If so, do any of you think the offense changes if Warner gets moved? Just curious.

I don't think Messiah Lewerke and Lombardi were recruited to change his system. I think they were recruited because they fit his system. But who knows.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-06, 18:51

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I don't think Messiah Lewerke and Lombardi were recruited to change his system. I think they were recruited because they fit his system. But who knows.

True. I think Messiah might offer the ability to scramble/run a bit more, but who knows until they play.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2