Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The polls, RCP and 538 -

+9
NigelUno
Motown Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The polls, RCP and 538 - - Page 2 Empty Re: The polls, RCP and 538 -

Post by Rocinante Tue 25 Oct 2016 - 11:56

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
DWags wrote:

I honestly think the Millennials are going to take our country so far left in the coming years that it won't be recognized if you went away and came back to it in 32 years or so. I'm dead in 20-25 years so it's not that big of a deal to me.

I also don't think it's going to be that bad of a deal. i do think the Millennials will also figure out how to clean up an pare down Military spending and waste and move that money around to other parts of the budget, like education and roads and what the fuck ever. I don't think they have this ghost of the cold war over their shoulder and feel it's unpatriotic to put that shit on the table and look at waste and look at what is really needed in the world for protection and tell the military industrial complex they've had a good 70 year run, it's time to move public money to other parts.

I don't advocate any of these positions nor do I denounce them. Just being around them and listening to Millennials, I think they have a different world view and there's nothing wrong with that. Lord knows my baby boom generation dropped the fucking ball.

I like this and agree with this.

Except we're starting to have the cold war again right now.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 25 Oct 2016 - 12:19

Rocinante wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

I like this and agree with this.

We're having issues with Russia sure, but there is a different dynamic to everything now. I'm old enough to remember the fallout shelters in every school with tins of fresh water and crackers in the basement of them. There was two powers on earth at the time, two powers who were willing to use their nukes against each other and the Military industrial complex made sure every student in our grade schools were properly indoctrinated on how to hate the russians and how to protect ourselves from them. I guess the new enemy is terrorists now. The MIC has to have a real enemy again.

I'm not a conspiracy type guy, but it wouldn't take much to get me to believe that the MIC is so far involved in politics that they actively promote these conflicts to keep them in business.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 25 Oct 2016 - 12:21

DWags wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

We're having issues with Russia sure, but there is a different dynamic to everything now. I'm old enough to remember the fallout shelters in every school with tins of fresh water and crackers in the basement of them. There was two powers on earth at the time, two powers who were willing to use their nukes against each other and the Military industrial complex made sure every student in our grade schools were properly indoctrinated on how to hate the russians and how to protect ourselves from them. I guess the new enemy is terrorists now. The MIC has to have a real enemy again.

I'm not a conspiracy type guy, but it wouldn't take much to get me to believe that the MIC is so far involved in politics that they actively promote these conflicts to keep them in business.

Guns and Butter.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed 26 Oct 2016 - 13:25

When Karl Rove says its over I tend to believe the only people thinking Trump can win are the same folks who think there will be massive voter fraud.

The Trump campaign no longer is soliciting funds from major donors.

Comparing this election to Brexit is a bit flawed as well.
The UK voting population is 94% white / 6% minority.
US voting population is 70% white / 30% minority which means Trump risked a lot by bashing minorities and the female vote that makes up 53% of voters.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 26 Oct 2016 - 13:29

[quote="DWags"]
Rocinante wrote:

I don't think anyone could necessarily argue against this. $$$
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 9 Nov 2016 - 13:00

Turtleneck wrote:No, Amercans are not poll savvy. Not even close. They rarely understand how poll data is collected and analyzed.

The LA Times/USC poll asks respondents to place candidates on a scale of 0-100. They also weight respondents answers based on how they voted in the past. This is much different from other polls. One thing the LA Times/USC poll does - and this is interesting - is that it does a better job of capturing enthusiasm for a candidate that other polls will miss. In other words, there might be more enthusiasm for Trump that other polls are not capturing.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-usc-latimes-poll-20161108-story.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2