Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comey needs to be fired.

+9
Herbie Green
NigelUno
Travis of the Cosmos
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
GRR Spartan
DWags
13 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Comey needs to be fired.   - Page 4 Empty Re: Comey needs to be fired.

Post by Cameron 2017-05-14, 11:52

tGreenWay wrote:Cameron, read DWags' post from Friday night at 10:02.

scratch Which one? This one?

DWags wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

Really???  Obama didn't fire him because it would look bad?  LMFAO and though the "pussy grabber" actually did it for DWags he can't and won't accept it.  

Dude, seriously, firing someone for releasing information that they're investigating ANOTHER person who happens to be in your party vs firing a person for investigating you.  Seriously?  He does that January 21 nobody blinks. Now??? Comey needs to be fired.   - Page 4 502811600

Wait, unless you think Trump fired Comley because of the Hilliary thing.... no way.. you really think that?  Seriously?  

I quoted and responded to that post already:

Cameron wrote:
DWags wrote:

Dude, seriously, firing someone for releasing information that they're investigating ANOTHER person who happens to be in your party vs firing a person for investigating you.  Seriously?  He does that January 21 nobody blinks. Now??? Comey needs to be fired.   - Page 4 502811600

Wait, unless you think Trump fired Comley because of the Hilliary thing.... no way.. you really think that?  Seriously?  

Dude knows what's up when it comes to NFL fandom. Beyond that, he hasn't got a fucking clue.

Am I missing something?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-05-15, 09:49

CheesySpartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

I think that's been answered. We know he (Comey) swayed the election, this was started before the election. We know Obama wouldn't because it would look horrible. We now know Trump is only firing him because of the investigation.  

Both of my points BEFORE the election and now after are correct. And it sucks being right in this situation. Oh well. You get who you vote for.

Of course he or the Russians or someone else cost Hillary the election and not the fact that she literally  never went to IA, WI, or MI prior to the election and she lost those states and it cost her the election has nothing to do with it.
fake news. I saw her at a rally in Michigan.

unless it was imposter.. as she was too busy running her pedophilia ring out of a pizza place while killing brave Americans with her email account in Benghazi.

keep believing the mainstream media, dude.  Comey needs to be fired.   - Page 4 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-05-15, 10:23

Cameron, yes, that quote. Trump fired Comley.

Damn, I wish I could quote posts.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-15, 11:16

tGreenWay wrote:Cameron, yes, that quote. Trump fired Comley.

Damn, I wish I could quote posts.

Comey needs to be fired.   - Page 4 2809484752
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-17, 19:58

Damned interesting Comey read......my liberal tribe friends won't like it.

Former Bush AG On Comey’s 2007 Brush With Scandal: ‘Jim’s Loyalty Was More To Chuck Schumer’

This cynicism is not unwarranted, given that according to Comey’s own testimony, Ashcroft allegedly addressed Card and Gonzales in the hospital room with language that was “rich in both substance and fact…drawn from the hour-long meeting we’d had a week earlier.” If Ashcroft had such detailed command of facts he had only briefly discussed the previous week, then what exactly was the rationale for Comey continuing to assert the powers of Ashcroft’s position? Comey’s recollection of that conversation reveals an attempt to have it both ways: there was no choice but to designate Comey as acting attorney given Ashcroft’s medical state, and yet Ashcroft was competent enough to slap down Card and Gonzales in exquisite and detailed fashion. Which was it?

Gonzales’s belief, expressed in the book, that Comey and Bharara colluded in secret with Schumer in an attempt to take down a top Bush administration official is no unsupported conspiracy theory, as Bharara himself confirmed Gonzales’s suspicions about Comey’s scheme in a 2016 interview with The New Yorker‘s Jeffrey Toobin:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-17, 20:03

Wow, the right is really attacking. Bunch of tribal bullshit. Guys fired and now they attack him. I wonder why?

Am I doing g it right?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-17, 20:18

LooseGoose wrote:Damned interesting Comey read......my liberal tribe friends won't like it.

Former Bush AG On Comey’s 2007 Brush With Scandal: ‘Jim’s Loyalty Was More To Chuck Schumer’

This cynicism is not unwarranted, given that according to Comey’s own testimony, Ashcroft allegedly addressed Card and Gonzales in the hospital room with language that was “rich in both substance and fact…drawn from the hour-long meeting we’d had a week earlier.” If Ashcroft had such detailed command of facts he had only briefly discussed the previous week, then what exactly was the rationale for Comey continuing to assert the powers of Ashcroft’s position? Comey’s recollection of that conversation reveals an attempt to have it both ways: there was no choice but to designate Comey as acting attorney given Ashcroft’s medical state, and yet Ashcroft was competent enough to slap down Card and Gonzales in exquisite and detailed fashion. Which was it?

Gonzales’s belief, expressed in the book, that Comey and Bharara colluded in secret with Schumer in an attempt to take down a top Bush administration official is no unsupported conspiracy theory, as Bharara himself confirmed Gonzales’s suspicions about Comey’s scheme in a 2016 interview with The New Yorker‘s Jeffrey Toobin:

You would get better responses if you dropped the dumb ass shctick Goose.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-05-17, 20:33

Chow my sack, Pylon.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-17, 20:58

tGreenWay wrote:Chow my sack, Pylon.

Why no quotes? Comey needs to be fired.   - Page 4 2809484752
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-05-17, 22:58

LooseGoose wrote:Damned interesting Comey read......my liberal tribe friends won't like it.

Was Schumer Minority Leader back then? The article seems to imply that.

Didn't Trump (and most Republicans) think Comey did a good job re-opening the Hillary investigation before the election?

Are you flip flopping? Again? Taking after your guy Trump?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-05-17, 23:13

I don't think he was good or bad, goose. Probably more bad if you pressed me because he seemed to want to talk a lot. But at this point it doesn't matter. What matters is he was a great record keeper. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a special prosecutor.

Now all we need is independent counsel and we can get this puppy moving.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-05-18, 16:01

LooseGoose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Ha.

Mary Louise Kelly‏Verified account @NPRKelly  4m4 minutes ago  

The Attorney General, having recused himself from probe into Russia & Trump, recommends firing the guy leading probe into Russia & Trump.

Great insight except it's not true.    The DEPUTY attorney General did the recommending.

Hmmmm...

The Latest: Rosenstein knew Comey was going to be fired
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-05-19, 10:32

Reports say the decision to fire was made by President Trump who met with his daughter Ivanka, son-in-law Jared Kushner and Keith Schiller, White House aide who has been also head of Trump's private security team.

Trump arrived at the decision to fire the FBI director by consulting with 3 people who have never been in public service until Trump was sworn in or later.

Can't wait to see who is in on the meeting if N. Korea starts launching missiles.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-19, 10:45

Comey, unsettled by Trump, is said to have wanted to have him kept at a distance

The ceremony occurred in the Blue Room of the White House, where many senior law enforcement officials — including the Secret Service director — had gathered. Mr. Comey — who is 6 feet 8 inches tall and was wearing a dark blue suit that day – told Mr. Wittes that he tried to blend in with the blue curtains in the back of the room, in the hopes that Mr. Trump would not spot him and call him out.

“He thought he had gotten through and not been noticed or singled out and that he was going to get away without an individual interaction,” Mr. Wittes said Mr. Comey told him.

But Mr. Trump spotted Mr. Comey and called him out.

“Oh and there’s Jim,” Mr. Trump said. “He’s become more famous than me.”

With an abashed look on his face, Mr. Comey walked up to Mr. Trump.

“Comey said that as he was walking across the room he was determined that there wasn’t going to be a hug,” Mr. Wittes said. “It was bad enough there was going to be a handshake. And Comey has long arms so Comey said he pre-emptively reached out for a handshake and grabbed the president’s hand. But Trump pulled him into an embrace and Comey didn’t reciprocate. If you look at the video, it’s one person shaking hands and another hugging.”
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-19, 12:09

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Comey, unsettled by Trump, is said to have wanted to have him kept at a distance

The ceremony occurred in the Blue Room of the White House, where many senior law enforcement officials — including the Secret Service director — had gathered. Mr. Comey — who is 6 feet 8 inches tall and was wearing a dark blue suit that day – told Mr. Wittes that he tried to blend in with the blue curtains in the back of the room, in the hopes that Mr. Trump would not spot him and call him out.

“He thought he had gotten through and not been noticed or singled out and that he was going to get away without an individual interaction,” Mr. Wittes said Mr. Comey told him.

But Mr. Trump spotted Mr. Comey and called him out.

“Oh and there’s Jim,” Mr. Trump said. “He’s become more famous than me.”

With an abashed look on his face, Mr. Comey walked up to Mr. Trump.

“Comey said that as he was walking across the room he was determined that there wasn’t going to be a hug,” Mr. Wittes said. “It was bad enough there was going to be a handshake. And Comey has long arms so Comey said he pre-emptively reached out for a handshake and grabbed the president’s hand. But Trump pulled him into an embrace and Comey didn’t reciprocate. If you look at the video, it’s one person shaking hands and another hugging.”

Saw that interview with Comey's friend. This shit is getting really weird. If half of it is true, we're talking about fighting for the soul of democracy. If that seems hyperbolic or way too emotional, so be it. But I really think that the Trump team is corrupt as hell. From Sessions to many of his cabinet members.

I also think Pence is not right in the head. However, I do think he knows his way around Washington enough to not be an international embarrassment.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-05-19, 14:19

I agree 100% about Pence. Something isn't right, and yet I'd still feel better if he was the one with the nuclear codes, not Donnie.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4