Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Almost every cop I know voted for Trump. Most went straight party ticket.

+4
xsanguine
Robert J Sakimano
GRR Spartan
DWags
8 posters

Go down

Almost every cop I know voted for Trump.  Most went straight party ticket.    Empty Almost every cop I know voted for Trump. Most went straight party ticket.

Post by DWags 2016-11-15, 17:45

Good for them.  

Almost every cop I know voted for Trump.  Most went straight party ticket.    1966794946

Devos say: Gimme your money please
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Almost every cop I know voted for Trump.  Most went straight party ticket.    Empty Re: Almost every cop I know voted for Trump. Most went straight party ticket.

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-11-16, 09:05

That would be the same straight ticket the GOP fought?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Almost every cop I know voted for Trump.  Most went straight party ticket.    Empty Re: Almost every cop I know voted for Trump. Most went straight party ticket.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-16, 09:51

I don't know any cops.

I kinda wanna keep it that way.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-16, 10:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I don't know any cops.

Many ex high school football players did the cop pathway.   On facebook they were all for Trump.  I mean everyone.  But they just felt that republicans were going to hurt them less.  Now this Devos is looking at Pensions for municipalities.  He's got the Republicans in his back pocket in this state and they'll pretty much do what he says.   Now, my cop friends are  bitching about their potential pension.      I guess you can't have it both ways.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-16, 11:09

This thread is relevant because the assumption is cops are bad people, right?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-16, 11:18

xsanguine wrote:This thread is relevant because the assumption is cops are bad people, right?

X missing the point : Izzo teams turning the ball over
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-16, 11:21

DWags wrote:

Many ex high school football players did the cop pathway.   On facebook they were all for Trump.  I mean everyone.  But they just felt that republicans were going to hurt them less.  Now this Devos is looking at Pensions for municipalities.  He's got the Republicans in his back pocket in this state and they'll pretty much do what he says.   Now, my cop friends are  bitching about their potential pension.      I guess you can't have it both ways.
that explains why I don't know any cops.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-11-16, 12:13

"all cops are racist, sexist, homophobic, and xenophobic... but, I'm not stereotyping..."

-Bob
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-16, 12:18

Death Roe wrote:"all cops are racist, sexist, homophobic, and xenophobic... but, I'm not stereotyping..."

-Bob
link, please?

TIA

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-11-16, 12:42

DWags wrote:Good for them.  

Almost every cop I know voted for Trump.  Most went straight party ticket.    1966794946

That's too bad, cops work hard and they deserve a pension.

It's amazing how many people will vote against their own interests these days. I guess the "tone" a politician carries and what our echo chamber tells us determines how we vote.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-16, 12:54

steveschneider wrote:

It's amazing how many people will vote against their own interests these days. I guess the "tone" a politician carries and what our echo chamber tells us determines how we vote.
true - and it's also part of how and why the media intentionally muddies the waters to the point that some people believe they're actually getting "news" when they're watching the "news".

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-11-16, 13:03

steveschneider wrote:

People don't always know what their own best interests are. I mean, they think they do (probably because of the echo chamber you mention) but they almost never have the full scope. For instance, a cop (or whoever really, whatever.) might vote based on the thought of "oh all these people get welfare and Obamacare and food stamps on MY dime! And I don't get anything! We gotta stop that!" What they don't realize is that even if those programs did end, which they won't, then they'd be saving what? Like $100 a year? Maybe? They never considered the tradeoff of pensions being cut and things like that which will cost them way way more money than they are saving in the long run.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-16, 13:22

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
xsanguine wrote:This thread is relevant because the assumption is cops are bad people, right?

X missing the point : Izzo teams turning the ball over

I knew there was something I was missing.

Stop making racist statements, OTPT. We won't quote what you said, but they were racist. That's all anyone needs to know. -Nigel
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-16, 13:22

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

People don't always know what their own best interests are. I mean, they think they do (probably because of the echo chamber you mention) but they almost never have the full scope. For instance, a cop (or whoever really, whatever.) might vote based on the thought of "oh all these people get welfare and Obamacare and food stamps on MY dime! And I don't get anything! We gotta stop that!" What they don't realize is that even if those programs did end, which they won't, then they'd be saving what? Like $100 a year? Maybe? They never considered the tradeoff of pensions being cut and things like that which will cost them way way more money than they are saving in the long run.
yep.. most of the "git govermint outta ma' life" types have no idea how dependent they probably are on the government.

kinda like the Trump supporters.. who are voting for a guy who never paid taxes.. to build a wall to keep the "safe" using their tax dollars.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-16, 13:24

Bob is not wanting a to be he target of coercion a bad thing? Asking for a friend.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-11-16, 14:23

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Yeah, I don't have the answer but I do think they deserve a pension.

Regarding cutting their pension maybe cops are becoming like veterans for politicians - sing their praises on the campaign trail and then once in office throw them under the bus.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-11-16, 14:23

DWags wrote:

All but two of the law enforcement uniform types I know voted for Trump.

The MI GOP was able to successfully gut the Detroit Police pension agreement so they have a blue print. Like everything, it comes down to getting all public services on the cheap and privatization.

The financial sector would love to have the 1000's of MI law enforcement forced to become customers managing their own pensions and charging them every time they make a change in an investment.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-16, 14:55

GRR Spartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

All but two of the law enforcement uniform types I know voted for Trump.

The MI GOP was able to successfully gut the Detroit Police pension agreement so they have a blue print.  Like everything, it comes down to getting all public services on the cheap and privatization.

The financial sector would love to have the 1000's of MI law enforcement forced to become customers managing their own pensions and charging them every time they make a change in an investment.

Yep, they're going to really make out on the deal.  Sucks for the cops.  Good people, were played by the republicans.  Notice the Devos statement didn't come out till after the election?  I don't think that's a coincidence at all.   

I just think the Devos family is genius, they are completely running our state.  They did it with their pyramid type scheme and parlayed that into unbelievable political power.  They absolutely don't care about the people who protect them or who educate the masses in our state or many who have put in a ton of work for the various municipalities.   

At the same time that I feel horrible for them, I'd ask them, what exactly were they thinking?  Well, now the firemen and the cops in our state are going to join the teachers in this fight. It won't help, but they'll join it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down