Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 13 Empty Re: Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change

Post by NigelUno on 2017-08-04, 10:36

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

Sorry, Goose, that is the most idiotic argument against conservationists. I'm waiting to get the other part of it..... Sean Penn flies all over the world, why doesn't he stay at home and use less jet fuel...??? That's fucking pathetically stupid. Gore, Trump, Movie Stars, all kinds of people who are public figures need to move around, they need to go to places for their job and their cause. They, by vocation, can't stay put and use their urine to water flowers.

I read articles like that, well skim, because there are only so many of them you can take, and I know we're at the point that the other side is pure panic and know they're wrong. We all can conserve, I hope you do. I hope the leaders who understand that science is under attack by these backwoods racist hate mongers will conserve as much as they can as they go from place to place and preach to those who understand that we must do something for our children's children.

It's an old tired counter to the very real problem we face.

I guess you think walking the walk is bullshit and talking the talk is the real action. Sorry I don't buy that bullshit. You want to order me to do something then join me, otherwise stfu.

Do you think Trump should stfu about employing American workers, since he hires foreigners?
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 13 Empty Re: Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-08-04, 12:00

Trump has different rules for himself and his companies. Always has.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-08-04, 12:25

GRR Spartan wrote:Trump has different rules for himself and his companies. Always has.

So do his sycophants.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-10-26, 22:29

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-10-26, 23:23

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-10-27, 08:25

More swamp draining. Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 13 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2018-01-15, 11:54

I'm old enough to remember when Global Warming was shrinking the Great Lakes to nothing.

Rising Great Lakes water levels keep Michigan companies busy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2018-01-15, 12:00

Global climate change.

Got to ask, when your late father was in Ill health, were you questioning the science used in his treatment or is it only certain science and certain scientists don’t know what you know?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2018-01-15, 13:08

GRR Spartan wrote:Global climate change.

Got to ask, when your late father was in Ill health, were you questioning the science used in his treatment or is it only certain science and certain scientists don’t know what you know?

I question everything. Some answers I'm satisfied with, some I'm not so I question further. I refuse to apologize for not being a mindless lemming. When one side of a debate attempts over and over to shut down debate I get VERY suspicious. That's exactly what warmists try to do, over and over is shut down ANY conversation.

I have yet to see any explanation that makes sense on how the warmist supporters justify altering history. The history of temperature readings, the history of the MWP, etc, etc. if it doesn't agree with their theories they re-write it. That's wrong.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2018-01-15, 15:27

Lololololol
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2018-01-15, 15:50

Could we keep talking about dead family members out of the discussion? This kind of shit can get out of hand real quick. Thanksabunch!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2018-01-15, 18:21

Point taken.

Is it okay to ask why medical science should be accepted much more readily than climate science that is regularly minimized by some posters?  

Why are climate change deniers much more mainstream when seeing physicians or dentists or getting prescriptions?  Why trust engineers who design airliners we use of travel, the vehicles we buyto drive or design the bridges and roads where we drive?

Its really cold today. Its really hot this week.  

Sorry to offend but contrary to some small government conservatives we aren't allowed to alternate facts unless you think condemning science is healthy for society.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2018-01-15, 19:50; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-01-15, 18:52

Goose, you seem locked on global warming. Look further and deeper. Pay special attention to the aftereffects occurring around the world, i.e., stronger storms, hurricanes, snow and the associated seasonal temperatures, prolonged drought, wildfires, etc.
Also, why not take a look at who is funding the tiny percentage of researchers who claim the overwhelming majority of researchers in the world are wrong. Here's a clue: The money comes from businesses which stand to lose the most from climate change being a real thing. How can that not make you cynical AF about the deniers? If climate change isn't real, why does the US military consider it such a threat to national security? In the end, assuming you research the things I've mentioned and you still deny the science, I'd ask you to look inward and examine how someone with no education in the necessary fields of study can be so arrogant as to tell 90+% of the world's scientific community that it is wrong, and that you are right. No, I suggest you don't -- and won't -- believe it's real because you don't want to believe it's real.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-01-16, 14:53

Bump for Goose.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2018-01-22, 20:23

Let's go swimming in the ice free arctic!!!

The onset of the ice free arctic has been something to see.....amazing how the zealots still believe even as Al's predictions all flop.

A U.S. Navy ship is trapped in Montreal until spring due to icy waters

A Navy spokeswoman says the USS Little Rock was commissioned in Buffalo on Dec. 16 and was expected to make its way to its home port in Mayport, Fla.

Instead, the 118-metre Freedom-variant vessel has been moored in Montreal's Old Port area since Christmas Eve due to unusually heavy ice conditions.

Lt. Cmdr. Courtney Hillson says the Navy has now decided to leave the ship in place until the winter weather improves.

While there's no departure date scheduled, she says the St. Lawrence Seaway is generally navigable by mid-March.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/navy-ship-montreal-stuck-1.4497416

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2018-01-22, 20:59

LooseGoose wrote:Let's go swimming in the ice free arctic!!!

The onset of the ice free arctic has been something to see.....amazing how the zealots still believe even as Al's predictions all flop.

A Navy spokeswoman says the USS Little Rock was commissioned in Buffalo on Dec. 16 and was expected to make its way to its home port in Mayport, Fla.

Instead, the 118-metre Freedom-variant vessel has been moored in Montreal's Old Port area since Christmas Eve due to unusually heavy ice conditions.

Lt. Cmdr. Courtney Hillson says the Navy has now decided to leave the ship in place until the winter weather improves.

While there's no departure date scheduled, she says the St. Lawrence Seaway is generally navigable by mid-March.

And here is the dumbest post I'll read today.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-01-22, 21:07

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 13 502811600
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2018-01-22, 21:17

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Let's go swimming in the ice free arctic!!!

And here is the dumbest post I'll read today.

Thanks buddy. So you're saying all of the predictions of an ice free arctic didn't happen?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2018-01-22, 21:27

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 13 NorthPoleIceFreeIn2008_shadow

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 13 IceFreeBy2012_shadow-363x1024

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 13 IceFreeArcticBy2013_shadow-848x1024

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 13 CXKkfn8UEAAjWPl-1_shadow

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 13 ArcticIceFreeBy2015_shadow-1-1024x678
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2018-01-22, 21:43

Global climate change.

No polar ice cap means major changes in weather patterns. Maybe Mio will be hit with some major tornadoes this spring or summer.

Can’t wait for all the small government conservativ s to show up for Federal aid.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2018-03-02, 07:48

Weird weather cycle? Arctic is 50 degrees warmer than usual. Pushing freezing temps down into Europe.

We gone? Polar bears soon will be evidently
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2018-03-02, 09:03

DWags wrote:Weird weather cycle? Arctic is 50 degrees warmer than usual. Pushing freezing temps down into Europe.

More bullshit.

Truth here. you know, from someone that actually studies Polar Bears.

State of the Polar Bear Report 2017 shows polar bears are thriving

My new report reveals that polar bears are doing well despite recent reductions in sea-ice. It shows in details why this is so, with summaries of critical recent research.

Press release and pdf below. And read my op-ed in the National Post here.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2018-03-02, 09:09

the "Polar Bear Report" is brought you by these folks..

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 13 41T3wsq%2B2eL._SX398_BO1,204,203,200_

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 13 502811600

This beautiful color book is a 'first science book' for preschoolers who love polar bears. There are no gory images, no discussion of starving bears, climate change, or threatened species - just fabulous pictures of polar bears doing what they do in their natural Arctic habitat, accompanied by lighthearted descriptions.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2018-03-02, 09:23

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:Weird weather cycle? Arctic is 50 degrees warmer than usual. Pushing freezing temps down into Europe.

More bullshit.

Truth here. you know, from someone that actually studies Polar Bears.

State of the Polar Bear Report 2017 shows polar bears are thriving

My new report reveals that polar bears are doing well despite recent reductions in sea-ice. It shows in details why this is so, with summaries of critical recent research.

Press release and pdf below. And read my op-ed in the National Post here.

Is this more or less reliable than NewYorkMagazine.com?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-03-02, 11:08

"University of Victoria adjunct professor Susan Crockford doesn't seem interested in discussing the monthly payments she appears to receive from the climate denying Heartland Spinstitute."

https://www.desmogblog.com/heartland-payments-university-victoria-professor-susan-crockford-probed
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-03-02, 11:09

Goose ALWAYS uses propaganda and misinformation to claim propaganda and misinformation. It so dumb it's cute.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2018-03-02, 11:22

A) How much of Crokford's work is based on field studies, and B) how much of it is peer reviewed?
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2018-03-31, 08:47

If the numbers don't show warming, change the numbers.

The Stunning Statistical Fraud Behind The Global Warming Scare

What do we mean by fraudulent? How about this: NOAA has made repeated "adjustments" to its data, for the presumed scientific reason of making the data sets more accurate.

Nothing wrong with that. Except, all their changes point to one thing — lowering previously measured temperatures to show cooler weather in the past, and raising more recent temperatures to show warming in the recent present.

This creates a data illusion of ever-rising temperatures to match the increase in CO2 in the Earth's atmosphere since the mid-1800s, which global warming advocates say is a cause-and-effect relationship. The more CO2, the more warming.

But the actual measured temperature record shows something different: There have been hot years and hot decades since the turn of the last century, and colder years and colder decades. But the overall measured temperature shows no clear trend over the last century, at least not one that suggests runaway warming.

That is, until the NOAA's statisticians "adjust" the data. Using complex statistical models, they change the data to reflect not reality, but their underlying theories of global warming. That's clear from a simple fact of statistics: Data generate random errors, which cancel out over time. So by averaging data, the errors mostly disappear.

That's not what NOAA does.

According to the NOAA, the errors aren't random. They're systematic. As we noted, all of their temperature adjustments lean cooler in the distant past, and warmer in the more recent past. But they're very fuzzy about why this should be.

Far from legitimately "adjusting" anything, it appears they are cooking the data to show a politically correct trend toward global warming. Not by coincidence, that has been part and parcel of the government's underlying policies for the better part of two decades.

What NOAA does aren't niggling little changes, either.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2018-03-31, 09:27

LooseGoose wrote:If the numbers don't show warming, change the numbers.

What do we mean by fraudulent? How about this: NOAA has made repeated "adjustments" to its data, for the presumed scientific reason of making the data sets more accurate.

Nothing wrong with that. Except, all their changes point to one thing — lowering previously measured temperatures to show cooler weather in the past, and raising more recent temperatures to show warming in the recent present.

This creates a data illusion of ever-rising temperatures to match the increase in CO2 in the Earth's atmosphere since the mid-1800s, which global warming advocates say is a cause-and-effect relationship. The more CO2, the more warming.

But the actual measured temperature record shows something different: There have been hot years and hot decades since the turn of the last century, and colder years and colder decades. But the overall measured temperature shows no clear trend over the last century, at least not one that suggests runaway warming.

That is, until the NOAA's statisticians "adjust" the data. Using complex statistical models, they change the data to reflect not reality, but their underlying theories of global warming. That's clear from a simple fact of statistics: Data generate random errors, which cancel out over time. So by averaging data, the errors mostly disappear.

That's not what NOAA does.

According to the NOAA, the errors aren't random. They're systematic. As we noted, all of their temperature adjustments lean cooler in the distant past, and warmer in the more recent past. But they're very fuzzy about why this should be.

Far from legitimately "adjusting" anything, it appears they are cooking the data to show a politically correct trend toward global warming. Not by coincidence, that has been part and parcel of the government's underlying policies for the better part of two decades.

What NOAA does aren't niggling little changes, either.

Sweet editorial Goose. I'll just go ahead and believe all the actual scientists instead.

Keep spreading your bullshit though, someday someone might believe it.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2018-03-31, 09:36

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:If the numbers don't show warming, change the numbers.

Sweet editorial Goose. I'll just go ahead and believe all the actual scientists instead.

His president is relaxing fuel standards and cutting millions from the EPA. All while the EPA chief is taking great vacations on our dime. For whatever reason, that makes him happy. Go Mio.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2018-03-31, 11:14

DWags wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

His president is relaxing fuel standards and cutting millions from the EPA. All while the EPA chief is taking great vacations on our dime. For whatever reason, that makes him happy. Go Mio.

I wonder how many good guys with guns have to protect our rock star EPA chief on his vacations. Dude must have a pretty inflated ego to think he's going to get attacked at Disney World.

And his condo in Washington? Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 13 502811600

Drain the Swamp! Right, Goose?
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2018-04-06, 21:00

If every prediction you make is wrong, just keep changing your prediction the lemmings will follow you.

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 13 2017_12_21_12_16_32

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 13 2017_12_21_12_20_47-down

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 13 2017_12_21_12_24_20-down

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 13 2017_12_21_12_26_09-down
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2018-04-06, 21:55

FUCKING MEDFORD MAIL TRIBUNE IVE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG “HEY ASSHOLES THE MEDFORD MAIL TRIBUNE IS GOING TO FUCK UP OUR WHOLE CONSPIRACY” BUT DID ANYONE LISTEN TO ME NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-04-06, 22:15

If climate change isn’t a real thing, then why won’t Donnie let scientists talk about it, even if it’s to say it’s a hoax? If it’s fake news, why does our military still consider climate change a threat to national security?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2018-04-06, 22:54

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:FUCKING MEDFORD MAIL TRIBUNE IVE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG “HEY ASSHOLES THE MEDFORD MAIL TRIBUNE IS GOING TO FUCK UP OUR WHOLE CONSPIRACY” BUT DID ANYONE LISTEN TO ME NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I hate when Travis makes me laugh. He’s usually a stick in the mud. But shit, tell me that’s not funny.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2018-04-07, 12:42

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:FUCKING MEDFORD MAIL TRIBUNE IVE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG “HEY ASSHOLES THE MEDFORD MAIL TRIBUNE IS GOING TO FUCK UP OUR WHOLE CONSPIRACY” BUT DID ANYONE LISTEN TO ME NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
^^^
Conveniently ignores that the story was from the Associated Press.

Also ignores that people have been predicting the same shit for 100 years and have been wrong every time. Yet somehow I'm the fool for not believing they're right this time.

And you call yourselves fact based.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2018-04-07, 12:47

tGreenWay wrote:If climate change isn’t a real thing, then why won’t Donnie let scientists talk about it, even if it’s to say it’s a hoax? If it’s fake news, why does our military still consider climate change a threat to national security?

lol as if you really believe Trump has silenced anyone - good lord man the evidence is all over regarding the falsity of that claim.

And in this case the military is right even as you would normally argue how wrong they are? Also are you saying the military is unaffected by politics? The same military they keeps lowering their standards so they can be more diverse?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2018-04-07, 13:18

LooseGoose wrote:
^^^
Conveniently ignores that the story was from the Associated Press.

Also ignores that people have been predicting the same shit for 100 years and have been wrong every time.   Yet somehow I'm the fool for not believing they're right this time.

And you call yourselves fact based.  
Ive never used the phrase fact based goose. But you’re sorta dumb so I would expect that would be your response.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2018-04-07, 13:21

Also you know what’s kinda funny is this link. Look, I have no idea if the image from 1923 is actually real or not. I do know that this is one of two links that cites it on a reverse image search.

Feel free to translate it if you want

http://greeklignite.blogspot.com/2017/12/blog-post_28.html?m=1
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-04-07, 13:36

Climate change is the perfect storm of impossible for the human brain to deal with. We just don’t naturally think at that scale. Therefore, we go into defense mode and deny deny deny. It’s perfectly natural and while I forgive us for thinking that way, I do not forgive those that are exploiting that natural instinct to set policy that ignores the facts. Goose. I forgive you.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum