Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by Turtleneck on 2016-12-07, 20:26

In April, he said, “Good people don't smoke marijuana,” and that it was a "very real danger" that is “not the kind of thing that ought to be legalized.” Sessions, who turns 70 on Christmas Eve, has called marijuana reform a "tragic mistake" and criticized FBI Director James Comey and Attorneys General Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch for not vigorously enforcing a the federal prohibition that President Obama has called “untenable over the long term.” In a floor speech earlier this year, Senator Sessions said: "You can’t have the President of the United States of America talking about marijuana like it is no different than taking a drink… It is different….It is already causing a disturbance in the states that have made it legal.”

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/12/jeff-sessions-coming-war-on-legal-marijuana-214501

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25549
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by xsanguine on 2016-12-07, 20:31

How many states need to vote for legal before the feds eliminate cannabis from prohibition?

_________________
Don't worry about what I'm doing. Worry about why you are worrying about what I am doing.
avatar
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 9651
Join date : 2014-04-23
Location : Hijackin' Threads

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by DWags on 2016-12-07, 22:58

You get who you vote for. This will be funny.

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25036
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 56
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2016-12-07, 23:06

Not all that funny. From the articles it sounds like a lot of what ifs
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23349
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Denver, CO

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2016-12-07, 23:07

Then again - guy sounds like an old moran. Not exciting.
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23349
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Denver, CO

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by Turtleneck on 2016-12-07, 23:27

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Then again - guy sounds like an old moran. Not exciting.

I am sure your cell mate will treat you nice and buy you nice things from the commissary.


Last edited by Turtleneck on 2016-12-08, 00:45; edited 1 time in total

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25549
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by CheesySpartan on 2016-12-07, 23:30

LOL...Yeah...None of this will happen. Fear-mongering
avatar
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Posts : 2525
Join date : 2014-05-16
Location : SwillinatI Ch33sySpartan

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by Turtleneck on 2016-12-07, 23:41

CheesySpartan wrote:LOL...Yeah...None of this will happen.  Fear-mongering

Oh. You do not think the executive might decide to enforce federal law in accordance with the take care clause (Article II Section 3 Clause 5) of the Constitution? That does not seem like too much of a stretch to me.


Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25549
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by I.B. Fine on 2016-12-08, 07:54

I have wondered what would happen if this matter would ever actually end up in court. My understanding is the whole marijuana/drug enforcement on the federal level is tied to the interstate commerce clause. If the pot can be shown to have been grown, processed, sold and consumed all within state boundaries, what business is it of the Feds?
Maybe this avenue has already been tried, I haven't heard of it, but now the actual states that are counting on the revenue have a big stake worth going to the SC over.

_________________
Betteridge’s law: “Any headline that ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no.”
avatar
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 2525
Join date : 2014-05-07
Location : Namaste, Bitches

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2016-12-08, 08:22

avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 13494
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-06-20, 13:15

Yup. Fear mongering.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is asking congressional leaders to undo federal medical-marijuana protections that have been in place since 2014, according to a May letter that became public Monday.

The protections, known as the Rohrabacher-Farr amendment, prohibit the Justice Department from using federal funds to prevent certain states "from implementing their own State laws that authorize the use, distribution, possession or cultivation of medical marijuana."

In his letter, first obtained by Tom Angell of Massroots.com and verified independently by The Washington Post, Sessions argued that the amendment would "inhibit [the Justice Department's] authority to enforce the Controlled Substances Act."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/06/13/jeff-sessions-personally-asked-congress-to-let-him-prosecute-medical-marijuana-providers/?utm_term=.e8204769eb50


Last edited by Turtleneck on 2018-01-04, 09:35; edited 1 time in total

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25549
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-06-20, 13:19

Turtleneck wrote:Yup. Fear-mongering.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is asking congressional leaders to undo federal medical-marijuana protections that have been in place since 2014, according to a May letter that became public Monday.

The protections, known as the Rohrabacher-Farr amendment, prohibit the Justice Department from using federal funds to prevent certain states "from implementing their own State laws that authorize the use, distribution, possession or cultivation of medical marijuana."

In his letter, first obtained by Tom Angell of Massroots.com and verified independently by The Washington Post, Sessions argued that the amendment would "inhibit [the Justice Department's] authority to enforce the Controlled Substances Act."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/06/13/jeff-sessions-personally-asked-congress-to-let-him-prosecute-medical-marijuana-providers/?utm_term=.e8204769eb50


The good news is that Jeff Sessions won't be able to recall any of this in about 3 days.

_________________
I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17277
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 33
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-06-20, 13:22

Turtleneck wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:LOL...Yeah...None of this will happen.  Fear-mongering

Oh. You do not think the executive might decide to enforce federal law in accordance with the take care clause (Article II Section 3 Clause 5) of the Constitution? That does not seem like too much of a stretch to me.


Good talk.
Take care.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23707
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-06-20, 13:22

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

The good news is that Jeff Sessions won't be able to recall any of this in about 3 days.

Travis, "I don't like to be rushed this fast. It makes me nervous."

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25549
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-06-20, 13:22



So... no more space weed?
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 13494
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-06-20, 13:23

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

So... no more space weed?

Are you going to bring space weed to the tailgate?

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25549
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-06-20, 13:24

Turtleneck wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

So... no more space weed?

Are you going to bring space weed to the tailgate?

How do you think I got through last season?
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 13494
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-06-20, 13:24

Because


Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25549
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-06-20, 13:27

Turtleneck wrote:Because



avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 13494
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-07-23, 18:59

Guys, it's just lefty fear mongering.

Trump's DOJ gears up for crackdown on marijuana

President Trump’s Task Force on Crime Reduction and Public Safety, led by Sessions, is expected to release a report next week that criminal justice reform advocates fear will link marijuana to violent crime and recommend tougher sentences for those caught growing, selling and smoking the plant.  
http://thehill.com/regulation/administration/343218-trumps-doj-gears-up-for-crackdown-on-marijuana


Last edited by Turtleneck on 2018-01-04, 09:35; edited 1 time in total

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25549
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-07-23, 19:54

Funny as hell to see some retired guy in Mio get busted and see him get his assets seized by Team Trump.
avatar
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6268
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by DWags on 2017-07-23, 20:11

Turtleneck wrote:Guys, it's just lefty fear-mongering.

Trump's DOJ gears up for crackdown on marijuana

President Trump’s Task Force on Crime Reduction and Public Safety, led by Sessions, is expected to release a report next week that criminal justice reform advocates fear will link marijuana to violent crime and recommend tougher sentences for those caught growing, selling and smoking the plant.  
http://thehill.com/regulation/administration/343218-trumps-doj-gears-up-for-crackdown-on-marijuana

These guys are Neanderthals.

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25036
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 56
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-07, 10:34

What will happen to legal marijuana under President Trump?

That's been a vexing question for cannabis advocates ever since Trump named criminal justice hard-liner Jeff Sessions (of “Good People Don't Smoke Marijuana” fame) as attorney general. Although Sessions's beliefs about marijuana legalization are well-known (he hates it), the separate question of what he intends to do about it has so far remained a mystery. But a letter from the attorney general to officials in Washington state, obtained this week by the HuffPost, sheds considerable light on the question.

It suggests that while Sessions remains deeply skeptical of efforts to legalize recreational marijuana use, the Justice Department's actions on the issue are, for now, still dictated by the Cole Memo, an Obama-era document that lays out a policy of federal non-interference with state laws so long as public health and public safety are not threatened.

But the letter also includes a laundry list of public health and safety concerns compiled by federal authorities, potentially laying the groundwork for more aggressive federal interventions in Washington and elsewhere in coming years.

“A letter like this is a pretty important indicator” of Justice's current thinking on marijuana issues, said John Hudak, a drug policy expert with the Brookings Institution. “It tells us that the attorney general is serious about enforcing marijuana law under the Cole Memo.”

Your stash is safe for a little while longer.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/08/04/is-jeff-sessions-planning-to-crack-down-on-legal-pot-this-letter-suggests-he-might-be/?utm_term=.e1e1595b39a4

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25549
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-12-16, 22:48

But things are suddenly looking rosier for Sessions. Thanks to Congress’ fumbling over the spending bill, the AG’s yearning to battle legal marijuana may get a major boost without him having to lift a finger. That’s because Rohrabacher-Farr, a little-known and even less discussed amendment that protects state-legal medical marijuana programs from federal interference, is close to expiring. If the government shuts down at the expiration of the current continuous resolution on December 22, or if negotiations in an upcoming appropriations conference committee fail to insert it in the final draft of the spending bill—entirely possible given House Republicans’ hostility to marijuana—Sessions would be free to unleash federal drug agents on a drug, which according to federal drug law, is considered the equal of heroin and LSD.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/12/16/jeff-sessions-marijuana-216109

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25549
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-12-17, 01:24

Going after medical weed is just cruel. Sessions probably owns a boatload of Big Pharma stocks.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23707
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by InTenSity on 2017-12-17, 07:41

tGreenWay wrote:Going after medical weed is just cruel. Sessions probably owns a boatload of Big Pharma stocks.
Private prison stock.

_________________
2017 Swill Pickem Champion!! Suck it Travis!
avatar
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11414
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Kendall

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by Turtleneck on 2018-01-04, 09:33

WASHINGTON — Attorney General Jeff Sessions is going after legalized marijuana. Sessions is rescinding a policy that had let legalized marijuana flourish without federal intervention across the country.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jeff-sessions-to-end-policy-that-let-legal-pot-flourish/

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25549
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2018-01-04, 09:37

Please stop fear mongering turtleneck

_________________
I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17277
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 33
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by Turtleneck on 2018-01-04, 21:57


Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25549
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by GRR Spartan on 2018-01-04, 22:21

Sessions is cranking this up to deflect from his boss's problems.

He's always been an ass kisser
avatar
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6268
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-01-04, 22:24

“This in turn, could drive much of the marijuana industry back in to the black market, where it would once again promote violence and organized crime of the sort that have been a major product of the War on Drugs. Jeff Sessions likes to pose as a great scourge of criminal drug gangs, such as MS-13. But such gangs are likely to be among the major beneficiaries of his efforts to renew the federal war on marijuana.”
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23349
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Denver, CO

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-01-04, 22:24

Also, from my dead cold hands.
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23349
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Denver, CO

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by Turtleneck on 2018-01-04, 22:34

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:“This in turn, could drive much of the marijuana industry back in to the black market, where it would once again promote violence and organized crime of the sort that have been a major product of the War on Drugs. Jeff Sessions likes to pose as a great scourge of criminal drug gangs, such as MS-13. But such gangs are likely to be among the major beneficiaries of his efforts to renew the federal war on marijuana.”

"Like his asset forfeiture policy and his attack on sanctuary cities, Sessions' effort to target marijuana in states that have legalized it is an assault on constitutional federalism, as well as terrible policy. It undermines state autonomy on a policy issue where there is little, if any justification for federally imposed uniformity."

Don't tread on me, bro.

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25549
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-01-05, 00:03

InTenSity wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Going after medical weed is just cruel. Sessions probably owns a boatload of Big Pharma stocks.
Private prison stock.

Just saw this comment, InTenSity, and I agree with you. Probably well invested in both.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23707
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-01-05, 00:04

GRR Spartan wrote:Sessions is cranking this up to deflect from his boss's problems.

He's always been an ass kisser

Exactly right.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23707
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-01-05, 00:06

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Also, from my dead cold hands.

Or, as Jake Tapper said today, From your warm, incredibly interesting hands.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23707
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-01-05, 00:08

Turtleneck wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:“This in turn, could drive much of the marijuana industry back in to the black market, where it would once again promote violence and organized crime of the sort that have been a major product of the War on Drugs. Jeff Sessions likes to pose as a great scourge of criminal drug gangs, such as MS-13. But such gangs are likely to be among the major beneficiaries of his efforts to renew the federal war on marijuana.”

"Like his asset forfeiture policy and his attack on sanctuary cities, Sessions' effort to target marijuana in states that have legalized it is an assault on constitutional federalism, as well as terrible policy. It undermines state autonomy on a policy issue where there is little, if any justification for federally imposed uniformity."

Don't tread on me, bro.

It also runs counter to Donnie's campaign comments.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23707
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by Turtleneck on 2018-01-05, 00:31

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

"Like his asset forfeiture policy and his attack on sanctuary cities, Sessions' effort to target marijuana in states that have legalized it is an assault on constitutional federalism, as well as terrible policy. It undermines state autonomy on a policy issue where there is little, if any justification for federally imposed uniformity."

Don't tread on me, bro.

It also runs counter to Donnie's campaign comments.

He said he was going to be a "law & order president," so this should have expected by everybody.

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25549
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-01-05, 00:36

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

It also runs counter to Donnie's campaign comments.

He said he was going to be a "law & order president," so this should have expected by everybody.

IIRC, those comments were heard frequently on the
Campaign trail but, in context, he was juxtaposing it with building the wall, scooping up and deporting undocumented immigrants, and comparing himself in favorable light with Crooked Hillary. Trump said several times during the campaign that he thought medical weed was okay, and that he'd respect states' rights vis-a-vis recreational mj.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23707
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-01-05, 00:40

How cliche is it to listen to Bob Marley? afro

Or is this culture appropriation or some shit, Roc?
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23349
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Denver, CO

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoke up, Johnny. Jeff is gonna take your stash away.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum