Russia and Trump

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Russia and Trump

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-12-01, 13:45

I stopped in Grayling a couple times this week. Saw no sign of Goose. Went to McDonald's for lunch and got the McBorscht. Don't have kids so I passed on the You Must Be Happy Meal.
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2017-12-01, 13:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:My friend Goose picked a good week to make himself scarce.

Maybe he's busy making everyone a pie.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2017-12-01, 14:07

I got dibs on the apple pie.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-12-01, 15:04

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2017-12-01, 15:25

Guys. Is it a crime to talk to foreign representatives during a campaign or a transition?

Can the president commit obstruction?

Show me how this actually brings Trump down without the Dems taking over the House (which is far from a given). I mean wildly speculate and tell me how this ends. Because I don't see it yet.
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-12-01, 15:44

Rocinante wrote:Guys.  Is it a crime to talk to foreign representatives during a campaign or a transition?

Show me how this actually brings Trump down without the Dems taking over the House (which is far from a given).  I mean wildly speculate and tell me how this ends.  Because I don't see it yet.
We don’t know all the stuff yet Roc. It’s just mid season sweeps. The season finale is still coming and there’s really no way for us to know the answers to that stuff yet
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-12-01, 19:54

Whats the Logan Act?

Why should an guy like Flynn who had the highest of security clearances know about it?

Its clear Trump doesn't think his daughter or son-in-law having to re-do their SF-86 multiple times because they both keep forgeting about events that needed to be noted on the application for a US government security clearance.
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-12-04, 20:28

Turtleneck wrote:1. Byron York has proven to be a strong defender of the president. If this is about objectivity, why is he more credible than those who you perceive as being opposed to the president? Logically speaking, it does not make much sense to call it "case closed" after reading a single article from a partisan source.

2. I wonder if the president contributed to the problem York is describing with his own words. From a July, 2016, interview with Trump,

STEPHANOPOULOS: Then why did you soften the GOP platform on Ukraine?

TRUMP: I wasn't involved in that. Honestly, I was not involved.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Your people were.

TRUMP: Yes. I was not involved in that. I'd like to -- I'd have to take a look at it. But I was not involved in that.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Do you know what they did?

TRUMP: They softened it, I heard, but I was not involved.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/week-transcript-donald-trump-vice-president-joe-biden/story?id=41020870

More to the point, York's article does not dismiss what seems to be at the heart of the issue: the Trump campaign worked to exclude language that supported providing Ukrainian forces with "lethal defensive weapons." As York's article says,

The first thing to note is that Denman's amendment, had it been added to the platform at the length she proposed it, would have given Ukraine an outsized presence in the platform. Besides, Denman's first paragraph basically repeated points that were already in the platform. So it seems highly unlikely that Denman's amendment would have been added to the platform in its entirety.

But the core of Denman's addition was in the second paragraph, in which she sought to add support of sanctions and "lethal defensive weapons" for Ukraine. While many Republicans support lethal aid, it would also be entirely reasonable not to include it — to leave an explicit commitment out of a platform that had already promised to "not accept any territorial change in Eastern Europe imposed by force, in Ukraine or elsewhere."

When Denman proposed her amendment, a Trump national security aide named J.D. Gordon, who was in the room, wanted to edit it. According to Denman, Gordon got on the phone, saying he was calling "New York" to discuss the changes.

The end result was that at the behest of the Trump campaign, the platform committee took out the first paragraph of Denman's amendment altogether. They took out the reference to "lethal defensive weapons" from the second paragraph. But they approved her statement of support for maintaining, and possibly increasing, sanctions against Russia, and, in the place of lethal aid, substituted a pledge to provide "appropriate assistance to the armed forces of Ukraine" and to work more closely with NATO.

3. Given that Tillerson has since shuttered the State Department's sanctions office, and the way Trump has publically approached NATO relations, I am not sure supporting increased sanctions and working through NATO are representative of a strengthened the platform. Overall, there are is a large disconnect between what York claims, and some of the content is his article. He does not, from my perspective, adequately explain this disconnect. Why is it that you believe this is a fabricated story?

2016 RNC Delegate: Trump Directed Change To Party Platform On Ukraine Support
https://www.npr.org/2017/12/04/568310790/2016-rnc-delegate-trump-directed-change-to-party-platform-on-ukraine-support?utm_campaign=storyshare&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-12-05, 11:37

reports that Mueller has issued a subpoena for the sexual predator's Deutsche Bank documents..

I suspect he's about to be fired by the sexual predator.
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2017-12-20, 12:56

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-12-20, 19:55

For hiding cupcakes during the campaign?

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-12-20, 20:39

Amazing that Putin's puppet is allowing this.

CNN Politics‏Verified account @CNNPolitics
More
The Trump administration is allowing the export of arms to Ukraine, a senior State Department official confirms http://cnn.it/2z7dxLN
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-12-20, 21:13

LooseGoose wrote:Amazing that Putin's puppet is allowing this.

More
The Trump administration is allowing the export of arms to Ukraine, a senior State Department official confirms http://cnn.it/2z7dxLN

I'm pretty sure Putin just wanted the dumbest mother fucker possible in office. So... mission accomplished.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-12-20, 21:17

Lol. We’ll export all these weapons and Russia will annex Ukraine and we’ll say but don’t do that and Donald and Putin wink at each other b
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-12-21, 00:04

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Amazing that Putin's puppet is allowing this.

More

I'm pretty sure Putin just wanted the dumbest mother fucker possible in office. So... mission accomplished.

Something like this.

I do not buy the collusion story, but I am also not on the inside of the investigation so it's wait and see for me. Nor do I buy the "Trump is a Russian asset" line. Russia wants to sow discord in American politics, and the election of a divisive dotard was the cherry on top.

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-12-31, 19:04

Interesting......this is going to hurt the tin foil brigade.

Sharyl Attkisson‏Verified account @SharylAttkisson
More
Interesting: This from Special Counsel says Russian professor tried for months to arrange meeting between @realDonaldTrump & Russia officials during 2016, an "open invitation," but Trump not interested, no meeting. https://www.justice.gov/file/1007346/download … 1/2

Sharyl Attkisson Verified account @SharylAttkisson 31 Dec 2017
More
2/2 Special counsel says: that even when Trump officials were supposedly offered "off the record" meeting with some unspecified Russia officials, Trump officials did not set up meeting. https://www.justice.gov/file/1007346/download
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-12-31, 19:18

LooseGoose wrote:Interesting......this is going to hurt the tin foil brigade.

Sharyl Attkisson‏Verified account @SharylAttkisson
More
Interesting: This from Special Counsel says Russian professor tried for months to arrange meeting between @realDonaldTrump & Russia officials during 2016, an "open invitation," but Trump not interested, no meeting. https://www.justice.gov/file/1007346/download … 1/2

Sharyl Attkisson Verified account @SharylAttkisson 31 Dec 2017
More
2/2 Special counsel says: that even when Trump officials were supposedly offered "off the record" meeting with some unspecified Russia officials, Trump officials did not set up meeting. https://www.justice.gov/file/1007346/download

I'm confused. Which tin foil brigade? The one led by your buddies Jacob Wohl, Jake Posobiec, and Mike Cernovich?

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-12-31, 19:21

It doesnt hurt very much

Sheryl attkisson is an anti vaxxer who works for Sinclair whose job it is to infect Goose’s meathole between his ears and it is definitely working as this is the second time we’re hearing from her
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-12-31, 19:32

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:It doesnt hurt very much

Sheryl attkisson is an anti vaxxer who works for Sinclair whose job it is to infect Goose’s meathole between his ears and it is definitely working as this is the second time we’re hearing from her

It's kind of funny because that information has been known since at least October when the Papadopoulos plea was made public. While I am not sure why Loose is just finding out about it know, it's old news.

Maybe more interesting is that Loose does not mention that the documents detail how Papadopoulos did meet with the professor in question. Donald Trump did not personally meet with the professor, but a person connected to the campaign did take at least two meetings with the professor. It's right there in the documents.

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-12-31, 20:38

Turtleneck wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:It doesnt hurt very much

It's kind of funny because that information has been known since at least October when the Papadopoulos plea was made public. While I am not sure why Loose is just finding out about it know, it's old news.

Maybe more interesting is that Loose does not mention that the documents detail how Papadopoulos did meet with the professor in question. Donald Trump did not personally meet with the professor, but a person connected to the campaign did take at least two meetings with the professor. It's right there in the documents.

So that's the collusion that will lead to impeachment?

That's what warrants a year of lies and hysteria?
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-12-31, 22:14

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

So that's the collusion that will lead to impeachment?

That's what warrants a year of lies and hysteria?

Pretty sure Mueller will let us all know Goose.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-01-11, 17:12

Bannon's going to testify before the House.
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2018-01-26, 08:38

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/trump-wanted-fire-mueller-june-backed-down-reports-n841206

White House Counsel Don McGahn refused to ask the Justice Department to fire Mueller, and threatened to quit instead. He told senior White House officials that dismissing Mueller would have disastrous effects on Trump's presidency, the source confirmed to NBC News.

Trump has called the investigation into potential collusion between his campaign and Russia a "hoax" and "witch hunt," repeatedly denying any collusion took place.

Asked about the report that he tried to fire Mueller, Trump told reporters at the Davos summit on Friday morning that it was "fake news."

“Fake news folks, fake news. Typical New York Times fake stories," the president said.

I'd post the NYT story but there's the whole paywall deal.

Also, I really wish president shithole fired him. We'd be much closer to an impeachment at this point.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2018-04-16, 16:53

Trump puts hold on additional Russia sanctions: report

The White House on Monday morning walked back Haley’s comments, saying the administration is “considering additional sanctions on Russia and a decision will be made in the near future.”

On “Face the Nation,” Haley said Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin would announce additional economic sanctions on Russia on Monday. She said the sanctions would target “any sort of companies related to [Syrian President Bashar] Assad and chemical weapons use."

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2018-04-16, 18:37

NigelUno wrote:Trump puts hold on additional Russia sanctions: report

The White House on Monday morning walked back Haley’s comments, saying the administration is “considering additional sanctions on Russia and a decision will be made in the near future.”

On “Face the Nation,” Haley said Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin would announce additional economic sanctions on Russia on Monday. She said the sanctions would target “any sort of companies related to [Syrian President Bashar] Assad and chemical weapons use."

Shocking.
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2018-04-16, 19:35

NigelUno wrote:Trump puts hold on additional Russia sanctions: report

We give days warnings for sneak attacks so this is not surprising.
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2018-04-17, 08:59

Rocinante wrote:Guys. Is it a crime to talk to foreign representatives during a campaign or a transition?

Show me how this actually brings Trump down without the Dems taking over the House (which is far from a given). I mean wildly speculate and tell me how this ends. Because I don't see it yet.

Ever hear of The Logan Act?

Political campaigns do no represent elected officials
Transition teams do not represent office holders
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3