Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And another fake hate crime.

+16
tGreenWay
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
Herbie Green
TheReal_LWS
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
DWags
Tim Wakefield
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
Cameron
Watch Out Pylon!
The_Dude
xsanguine
Rocinante
20 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

And another fake hate crime. Empty And another fake hate crime.

Post by Guest 2016-12-14, 17:53

Yep, these are pretty rare.

Muslim college student who claimed Trump supporters attacked her on the subway under arrest for making story up

She made it all up — and now she’s under arrest.

The Muslim college student who claimed she was harassed on the subway by three men who shouted “Donald Trump,” called her a terrorist and tried to rip her hijab off her head has admitted to detectives that she concocted the entire story, the Daily News has learned.

Yasmin Seweid, 18, has been charged with filing a false report, a police source said.

Seweid had numerous opportunities to admit the incident never happened but again and again stood by her story, the source said.

On Wednesday, after again being confronted with questions from detectives increasingly suspicious of her story she recanted and said she made it all up, citing family problems.

The police source said criminally charging her was appropriate.

“This isn’t something we normally like to do but she had numerous opportunities to admit nothing happened and she kept sticking by her story,” the source said.

“We dedicated a lot of resources to this — and don’t get me wrong, this is what we do — but we had guys going back and forth, looking for video and witnesses. And we couldn’t find anything.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

And another fake hate crime. Empty Re: And another fake hate crime.

Post by Rocinante 2016-12-14, 18:25

That must mean all of the reports about rises in hate crimes that include examples and result in arrests and can be confirmed must be false.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-12-14, 18:27

Like this one 2 days ago.

Man stabbed outside mosque. Probably not a hate crime
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-14, 18:57

Rocinante wrote:That must mean all of the reports about rises in hate crimes that include examples and result in arrests and can be confirmed must be false.

Jumping to conclusions.   Straw man arguments.

I'll wait for WOP to jump in here and chide you.    

That said, obviously all of them aren't faked.   But I'll argue that a not insignificant number are.

CURIOUSER AND CURIOUSER

Obscure MN state Rep that married her brother now gets on Rachel Maddow because of a hate crime no one can verify.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-12-14, 19:19

My straw man is that you consistently argue that hate crimes rarely happen and it's a tool of the left? Uh. No. You do that.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-12-14, 19:21

Finding a Trump supporter in NYC would have been the major story.... let alone 3? On the subway? Everyone that lived in NYC knew that was fake from the get go.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-12-14, 19:24

Rocinante wrote:That must mean all of the reports about rises in hate crimes that include examples and result in arrests and can be confirmed must be false.

No, but people just tune out the real crimes when people consistently make up false claims of crimes. So when the next one happens people will shrug it off and probably say it's made up until proven otherwise.

Just like how the American voters just tuned out the media.

Scouting the internet for random hate crimes isn't going to prove a point. There were hate crimes before Trump and there will be ones after him.

But the irony is these fake victims do the opposite of what they intended to do. Just like the left is doing the opposite of what they need to do to get voters back. The people that decide elections just tune these nut jobs out.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-12-14, 19:28

Rocinante wrote:My straw man is that you consistently argue that hate crimes rarely happen and it's a tool of the left? Uh. No. You do that.

Yeah it typically is.

Why aren't blacks prosecuted when they committ hate crimes? There were numerous videos of blacks committing hate crimes against whites during the riots we've seen.

The days of using double standards based on race are over.

MLK is turning in his grave. What happen to judging people by their character instead of skin color? The left just sees race and it's sad.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-12-14, 20:49

"Hate crimes" is such a dangerous way to prosecute crimes.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-12-14, 20:58

LooseGoose wrote:

Jumping to conclusions.   Straw man arguments.

I'll wait for WOP to jump in here and chide you.    

That said, obviously all of them aren't faked.   But I'll argue that a not insignificant number are.

CURIOUSER AND CURIOUSER

Obscure MN state Rep that married her brother now gets on Rachel Maddow because of a hate crime no one can verify.

When every third post of Roc's is a strawman I might start to notice.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-21, 18:33

Another hijab hoax: University of Michigan student claimed man threatened to set her on fire

A University of Michigan student claimed last month that a man had threatened to set her on fire unless she removed her hijab. Now police say the story was a hoax. From the Detroit Free Press:According to a statement from the Ann Arbor Police Department, detectives worked along with the U-M Division of Public Safety and the FBI to investigate the case, which had been classified as ethnic intimidation.

“Investigators conducted witness interviews and reviewed multiple surveillance videos of the area in question,” the department said. “During the course of the investigation, numerous inconsistencies in the statements provided by the alleged victim were identified. Following a thorough investigation, detectives have determined the incident in question did not occur.”
The student, who has not been identified yet, could face charges for filing a false police report. She originally claimed the incident took place on Novermber 11th, just a few days after the election. Here is how the Free Press reported it at the time:

Ann Arbor police are looking for a man who demanded that a University of Michigan student remove her hijab, a headscarf often worn by Muslim women, or be set on fire with a lighter.

The woman complied, according to a crime alert from the university’s division of public safety.

The university, calling it a hate crime, said the off-campus incident occurred between 5:30-7 p.m. Friday in the 600 block of East William, near State Street, according to the alert…

Police describe the suspect as a man age 20 to 30, with an average height and athletic build, bad body odor and an unkempt appearance.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-21, 22:53

Lesbian couple BURNED their home to the ground, wrote anti-gay slurs, and BLAMED neighbors

MORE hoaxing from liberals today! This one is from Tennessee where a federal jury has ruled that a lesbian couple burnt their home to the ground, wrote anti-gay slurs on it, and blamed it on their neighbors.

From the New York Daily News:

A lesbian couple faked a hate crime that left their home a pile of charred rubble at their Venore, Tenn., property in 2010, local reports said.

An insurance company caught on to the ruse months after the blaze and accused Carol Ann and Laura Stutte of perpetuating a hoax and blaming the fire on their neighbor, the Knoxville News Sentinel reported.

A federal jury ruled in favor of the insurance company’s belief that the couple spray-painted an anti-gay slur on their own garage to spin the fire as a hate crime based on their sexual orientation.

The homeowners intended to bank on an insurance claim of more than $276,000, American National and Casulty Company alleged in court documents obtained by the News Sentinel.

Here’s an old report of how sad the lesbians where at ALL THE HATE:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2016-12-22, 00:48

LooseGoose wrote:Lesbian couple BURNED their home to the ground, wrote anti-gay slurs, and BLAMED neighbors

MORE hoaxing from liberals today! This one is from Tennessee where a federal jury has ruled that a lesbian couple burnt their home to the ground, wrote anti-gay slurs on it, and blamed it on their neighbors.

From the New York Daily News:

A lesbian couple faked a hate crime that left their home a pile of charred rubble at their Venore, Tenn., property in 2010, local reports said.

An insurance company caught on to the ruse months after the blaze and accused Carol Ann and Laura Stutte of perpetuating a hoax and blaming the fire on their neighbor, the Knoxville News Sentinel reported.

A federal jury ruled in favor of the insurance company’s belief that the couple spray-painted an anti-gay slur on their own garage to spin the fire as a hate crime based on their sexual orientation.

The homeowners intended to bank on an insurance claim of more than $276,000, American National and Casulty Company alleged in court documents obtained by the News Sentinel.

Here’s an old report of how sad the lesbians where at ALL THE HATE:
"Hoaxing from liberals"

How do they know the lesbians are liberals?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-22, 08:56

Cameron wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Lesbian couple BURNED their home to the ground, wrote anti-gay slurs, and BLAMED neighbors

"Hoaxing from liberals"

How do they know the lesbians are liberals?

Only liberals believe in hate crimes. Conservatives understand that all crimes are bad and love/hate has nothing to do with it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-22, 12:09

We have a new litmus test and only one group ever promotes fake news.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-12-22, 12:57

Yeah that church in MS that was burned and was painted with Vote Trump?

Hoax

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/arrest-vote-trump-burning-mississippi-black-church-44330731
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-26, 14:13

From December 15th:
Denton family finds vehicles set on fire, racial slur spray-painted on garage

And the 21st:
Man reportedly admits setting fire to truck

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-26, 14:32

Fake news is such a joke.

Even when the Pakistani Defence Minister makes a nuclear threat reacting to a fake report.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4064950/Pakistan-s-defence-minister-makes-nuclear-threat-against-Israel-Twitter-response-fake-news-article-claiming-country-destroyed-sent-ground-troops-Syria.html
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-12-26, 14:37

Sheep gonna sheep. What's the score now? Anyone update the scoreboard?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-12-26, 16:29

What is a hate crime anyway? Isn't it pretty much implied that anyone who commits a crime against someone else hates them?
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-26, 16:49

Tim Wakefield wrote:What is a hate crime anyway? Isn't it pretty much implied that anyone who commits a crime against someone else hates them?

You commit the crime specifically against someone because of who they are.

As a kid I saw the fountains for white people and for colored. Saw the segregation. Didn't think when I was 55 this country would still be this fucked up. It is. That sucks.

I see and hear what's going on. It's worse now than it was in the 90's.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-12-26, 20:32

DWags wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:What is a hate crime anyway? Isn't it pretty much implied that anyone who commits a crime against someone else hates them?

As a kid I saw the fountains for white people and for colored. Saw the segregation.  Didn't think when I was 55 this country would still be this fucked up.  It is. That sucks.  

I see and hear what's going on.  It's worse now than it was in the 90's.  

Meh.

It's not really fucked up like that, Dwags. There's always going to be isolated incidents of people treating others badly for a great many reasons. You make it sound like our society in the States resembles society 50 years ago.

What do you see and hear? Must be different than what I see and hear...

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-26, 21:41

xsanguine wrote:
DWags wrote:

As a kid I saw the fountains for white people and for colored. Saw the segregation.  Didn't think when I was 55 this country would still be this fucked up.  It is. That sucks.  

Meh.

It's not really fucked up like that, Dwags. There's always going to be isolated incidents of people treating others badly for a great many reasons. You make it sound like our society in the States resembles society 50 years ago.

One question. Do you live in an area that you'd consider a mixed race area? I do. Or is it somewhat homogeneous?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-12-26, 21:52

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Meh.

One question. Do you live in an area that you'd consider a mixed race area? I do. Or is it somewhat homogeneous?

It's less homogeneous than where I grew up... and not the white homogeneous, either.

I'm not following your point, though, Dwags... if I theoretically have lived in a lily white neighborhood for the past year does that discount my previous 32 years of the opposite experience?

Is this the part where we grab the measuring stick and pull our dicks out?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-26, 22:21

xsanguine wrote:
DWags wrote:

It's less homogeneous than where I grew up... and not the white homogeneous, either.

I'm not following your point, though, Dwags... if I theoretically have lived in a lily white neighborhood for the past year does that discount my previous 32 years of the opposite experience?

I just think I hear and see shit that my friends up north or in Saugatuck don't see or hear. I understand I might be wrong about your reality, but I think the angst and mistrust between races has increased in the past 15 years and it's spiked in the past six months
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-12-26, 22:36

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I just think I hear and see shit that my friends up north or in Saugatuck don't see or hear. I understand I might be wrong about your reality, but I think the angst and mistrust between races has increased in the past 15 years and it's spiked in the past six months

Oh yeah, I will definitely agree with that.

Why do you think that is, though? What is the cause of this? Do you think this is a natural evolution and if so what is the catalyst?

I tend to think it's political more than anything else, but I've always wonder why people believe this may be happening moreso than just being content with "it's happening".
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-12-27, 19:20

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-12-28, 12:51

xsanguine wrote:
DWags wrote:

Why do you think that is, though? What is the cause of this? Do you think this is a natural evolution and if so what is the catalyst?

I tend to think it's political more than anything else, but I've always wonder why people believe this may be happening moreso than just being content with "it's happening".

Yeah just follow the money and power structure.

Who benefits from racial tension? Who benefits from minorities staying on generational welfare?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-12-28, 12:54

The biggest reason for racial tension though are jobs and economic disparity. When people have no jobs or future, they lash out like we've seen all over the inner cities. They have nothing to lose.

The best thing for racial tension in this country will be a robust economy and real growth. And also not having a president stoke racial flames and constantly pit people against each other like Barry did.

However, in the real world, Im not really noticing much racial tension. I see people from every color get along just fine every day.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-28, 13:29

DWags wrote:

If you ignore at least 200 years of modern history there are no hate crimes.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-28, 13:58

I object to the entire concept of "hate" crimes.

It's either a crime or it's not.

WTF is accomplished by adding "hate" to the front of it?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-28, 14:21

LooseGoose wrote:I object to the entire concept of "hate" crimes.

If I break into your house to steal I don't care about your nationality or sexual orientation. If I decide to do harm to you or your property because of your nationality or sexual orientation without monetary gain for me it's a hate crime.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-12-28, 14:23

GRR Spartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

If you ignore at least 200 years of modern history there are no hate crimes.

I think the key is what motivates the crime.

If I steal your money or your car, it is a property crime. It is not motivated by hate. I like DWags, but I plan to steal his Silverado and wallet next time I am at his house eating tacos.

Hate crimes are where you target a person for an arbitrarily reason. In other words, the crime itself is motivated by the victim's race, religion, gender, etc.

Although I feel motivations vary and thus justifies the label, I understand the pushback. I imagine it was meant to be a deterrent. The idea being if we categorize crimes motivated only by a person's race, religion, or gender, and extend sentences or attach additional punishments, we can reduce such crimes. In the end, like most efforts to deter crime through punishment, I doubt it has had a significant impact. I feel like people so motivated to commit a crime are going do so regardless of the law.

Edit: I was typing this while DWags was responding to another poster. Looks like there is some overlap. Sorry, DWags. Also, I am not planning to steal your stuff.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-28, 15:10

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:I object to the entire concept of "hate" crimes.

If I break into your house to steal I don't care about your nationality or sexual orientation. If I decide to do harm to you or your property because of your nationality or sexual orientation without monetary gain for me it's a hate crime.

OK - let me ask you a hypothetical.

If I murder you because of your nationality - that's a hate crime.

WTF difference does it make? You're dead, I'm going to prison for life.

It's just one of those feel good things legislators do - they created hate crimes aren't they good people?
Doesn't change a damned thing in the real world.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-12-28, 21:55

The_Dude wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Yeah just follow the money and power structure.

Who benefits from racial tension? Who benefits from minorities staying on generational welfare?

I get that perspective. I'm moreso interested in the people that think most (or a sizable portion or whatever it is that is going through their minds ta the moment) white people are racists. What is the motivation, the source of this?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-12-30, 13:39

Bump
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-12-30, 15:32

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Bump

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-12-30, 16:07

LooseGoose wrote:Yep, these are pretty rare.

What have you found, like 5?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-12-30, 16:07

xsanguine wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Bump

I just thought our resident news provider who has a 14 or so page thread complaining about biased media would like the opportunity to link to an article about a white nyfd fire fighter saying that a bunch of people calling him cracker stole his family's Christmas presents and stabbed him, but two days later it turns out he actually made it up. I don't want to take the opportunity to prove how non biased he is away from him though, so I won't do it myself.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-12-30, 17:29

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I just thought our resident news provider who has a 14 or so page thread complaining about biased media would like the opportunity to link to an article about a white nyfd fire fighter saying that a bunch of people calling him cracker stole his family's Christmas presents and stabbed him, but two days later it turns out he actually made it up. I don't want to take the opportunity to prove how non biased he is away from him though, so I won't do it myself.

You're a weirdo.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next