Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump to keep part of his private security after inauguration

+5
I.B. Fine
Watch Out Pylon!
The_Dude
TheReal_LWS
GRR Spartan
9 posters

Go down

Trump to keep part of his private security after  inauguration   Empty Trump to keep part of his private security after inauguration

Post by GRR Spartan Mon 19 Dec 2016 - 12:35

Trump is going to keep part of his private security team once he becomes President and they will reportedly work with the Secret Service that typically protects the President. Its getting curiousier and curiousier.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/donald-trump-security-force-232797
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Trump to keep part of his private security after  inauguration   Empty Re: Trump to keep part of his private security after inauguration

Post by TheReal_LWS Mon 19 Dec 2016 - 12:40

GRR Spartan wrote:Trump is going to keep part of his private security team once he becomes President and they will reportedly work with the Secret Service that typically protects the President. Its getting curiousier and curiousier.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/donald-trump-security-force-232797

So other than some ex Sec. Serv. guy claiming it won't work, what is the problem?
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Trump to keep part of his private security after  inauguration   Empty Re: Trump to keep part of his private security after inauguration

Post by The_Dude Mon 19 Dec 2016 - 12:42

Trump is doing things his way. It's what he was voted in to do. D.C. is broken and Trump is changing the way business is done.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Dec 2016 - 13:22

Strange that I keep running into this kind of stuff over and over - between that and how normal his kids seem to be it sorta goes against the "sociopath" stuff you read elsewhere.

But Trump — who puts a premium on loyalty and has demonstrated great interest in having forceful security at his events — has opted to maintain an aggressive and unprecedented private security force, led by Keith Schiller, a retired New York City cop and Navy veteran who started working for Trump in 1999 as a part-time bodyguard, eventually rising to become his head of security.

Been with him 17 years - seems like he has a lot of long time loyalists. If he treated them all like shit would more of them leave?

And as far as this being against the norm - how may Presidents Elect have ever HAD private security prior to running?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Mon 19 Dec 2016 - 13:33

LooseGoose wrote:Strange that I keep running into this kind of stuff over and over - between that and how normal his kids seem to be it sorta goes against the "sociopath" stuff you read elsewhere.  

But Trump — who puts a premium on loyalty and has demonstrated great interest in having forceful security at his events — has opted to maintain an aggressive and unprecedented private security force, led by Keith Schiller, a retired New York City cop and Navy veteran who started working for Trump in 1999 as a part-time bodyguard, eventually rising to become his head of security.

Been with him 17 years - seems like he has a lot of long time loyalists.  If he treated them all like shit would more of them leave?

And as far as this being against the norm - how may Presidents Elect have ever HAD private security prior to running?

Bah! Technicality! The fact is no other president-elect has ever kept their private security whether or not they had any. lol!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 19 Dec 2016 - 13:33

LooseGoose wrote:Strange that I keep running into this kind of stuff over and over - between that and how normal his kids seem to be it sorta goes against the "sociopath" stuff you read elsewhere.  

Been with him 17 years - seems like he has a lot of long time loyalists.  If he treated them all like shit would more of them leave?

Funny how different people see things differently, huh?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon 19 Dec 2016 - 14:02

A cynic could see another move to reinforce a distrust of government theme. The CIA is against me. Etc.

There's also the idea the Secret Service is loyal to the office of the Presidency rather than loyal to the individual who holds the office.

Probably not a big deal to those who see a private Trump Secuity arm as just doing business with Trump.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on Mon 19 Dec 2016 - 14:47; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Mon 19 Dec 2016 - 14:05

GRR Spartan wrote:A cynic could see another move to reinforce a distrust of government theme. The CIA is against me. Etc.

Everything is a conspiracy with the left now.

Which is great because when trump does something worthy of actual criticism people will tune the left out for crying wolf over non important shit
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Dec 2016 - 14:59

GRR Spartan wrote:A cynic could see another move to reinforce a distrust of government theme. The CIA is against me. Etc.

There's also the idea the Secret Service is loyal to the office of the Presidency rather than loyal to the individual who holds the office.

Probably not a big deal to those who see a private Trump Secuity arm as just doing business with Trump.

Do you think he's planning on billing the gov't for his security people? I didn't see that in the story. If that's the case then I'm opposed to it. I'm fine with him keeping his own people and even having them do event security with the RNC paying them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Mon 19 Dec 2016 - 15:01

LooseGoose wrote:

Do you think he's planning on billing the gov't for his security people? I didn't see that in the story. If that's the case then I'm opposed to it. I'm fine with him keeping his own people and even having them do event security with the RNC paying them.

Agreed. Unless Mexico pays for it then I am for it.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon 19 Dec 2016 - 15:46

Goose, i am more concerned that the President elect feels that the Secret Servce that is composed of government employees whose job is to protect the person who happens to be president aren't going to be able to provide sufficient protection.

Are Trump's security people going to operate under the same rules as the Secret Service? Which group has final say for Presidential security? Trump's security or the Secret Service.

I don't see things as simple as others seem to think it appears.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 9:36

The Secret Service has not been without it's own controversies in recent years, maybe they've straightened things out, but wanting someone you know and trust implicitly involved doesn't seem like a big deal to me.
By the way, what's the tenure of SS agents on HRC's detail? I doubt anyone's been around 17 months, let alone 17 years.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 9:41

Andrew Jackson held an open house for 20K people at the white house for his inauguration party. They didn't need any security. Should have had some thought. People busted shit up there I read.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 9:55

GRR Spartan wrote:Goose, i am more concerned that the President elect feels that the Secret Servce that is composed of government employees whose job is to protect the person who happens to be president aren't going to be able to provide sufficient protection.

Are Trump's security people going to operate under the same rules as the Secret Service? Which group has final say for Presidential security? Trump's security or the Secret Service.

I don't think it's as much worry about the SS providing protection as it is the comfort of having people you know around you. Remember Obama had Reggie Love as his "body man" for the 1st 4-5 years. Maybe that's what Trump is after here without calling him a body man. Again in the big picture I see this as a tempest in a teapot.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 9:57

LooseGoose wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Goose, i am more concerned that the President elect feels that the Secret Servce that is composed of government employees whose job is to protect the person who happens to be president aren't going to be able to provide sufficient protection.

I don't think it's as much worry about the SS providing protection as it is the comfort of having people you know around you. Remember Obama had Reggie Love as his "body man" for the 1st 4-5 years. Maybe that's what Trump is after here without calling him a body man. Again in the big picture I see this as a tempest in a teapot.

This shows the left's and MSM's level of hate toward Trump. Even the most insignificant of things will be blown up from molehills into mountains. This is a non-story, but ideologues like GRR and DWags will try and make an issue of it anyway.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 10:04

I'm all for Trump being allowed to fly his own plane, hire his own security etc. He can provide the pay or whatever too. Either take what the government offers, or dont'. Reassign the plane and the security, save the money. Good for Trump. If he is harmed in some way, he's a big boy, he knows the stakes going in. Give him credit for it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 10:37

Some of you think its okay.

I don't like the idea of a security force loyal to Trump rather than loyal to the United States and to the office.

Are these people going to get the highes level security clearances since they will presumably be with Trump nearly 24/7? Who conducts those clearance investigations? Most imporatantly when push comes to shove, who does Trump rely on for the last word?

Trump won't fly his own plane once sworn in. If he did, the would be vulnerable because it lacks the air to air defense capabilities of an AirForceOne
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 11:03

Trump lives in your head. Not as much as with Bob but damn.

Let it go. Move on.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 11:36

GRR Spartan wrote:Some of you think its okay.

I don't like the idea of a security force loyal to Trump rather than loyal to the United States and to the office.

Are these people going to get the highes level security clearances since they will presumably be with Trump nearly 24/7? Who conducts those clearance investigations? Most imporatantly when push comes to shove, who does Trump rely on for the last word?

Trump won't fly his own plane once sworn in. If he did, the would be vulnerable because it lacks the air to air defense capabilities of an AirForceOne

Look at you all concerned for Trump's safety!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 11:43

Who cares? Dems will bitch about anything.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 12:04

Were you asking the same questions 8 years ago about Reggie Love?

I know the press back then was fawning over him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 12:17

Death Roe wrote:Who cares? Dems will bitch about anything.

Thank White Jesus he wears an American flag lapel pin though.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 12:28

LooseGoose wrote:

I thought Barack was, too! Wink
Trump to keep part of his private security after  inauguration   Obama-reggie-love
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 12:30

I.B. Fine wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I've always felt he was a little light in his loafers. Even his wife is built like a linebacker.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 12:43

LooseGoose wrote:

I wasn't aware of the comparson f keeping a privately employed security team to one individual who was President Obama's personal aide and preceeded by a guy named Weinstein was replaced by another guy was cogent until today.

No one can answer why Trump needs to keep employing a private security team other than trust. If its just loyalty why not just retain the 17 year veteran Trump employee?

No one is saying who's advce Trump will take or if the Trump security team will be commanding the Secret Service.

Its not business as usual when it comes to post WW2 Presidents as much as some want to believe.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 12:48

GRR Spartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I wasn't aware of the comparson f keeping a privately employed security team to one individual who was President Obama's personal aide and preceeded by a guy named Weinstein was replaced by another guy was cogent until today.

No one can answer why Trump needs to keep employing a private security team other than trust. If its just loyalty why not just retain the 17 year veteran Trump employee?

No one is saying who's advce Trump will take or if the Trump security team will be commanding the Secret Service.

Its not business as usual when it comes to post WW2 Presidents as much as some want to believe.

Still not seeing why it is such an issue that it merits this level of discussion, other than "I don't like the guy and his politics so I will scrutinize everything he does".
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 12:49

TheReal_LWS wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

I've always felt he was a little light in his loafers. Even his wife is built like a linebacker.

You mean this lovely lady?   Trump to keep part of his private security after  inauguration   1f60d

Trump to keep part of his private security after  inauguration   Michelle-obama-white-house-portrait-07
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 12:51

The great thing LWS is that the left has cried wolf so much they will tune them out when he does something worthy of criticism.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 13:07

Evan McMullin had some good thoughts on this. However, he is a principled conservative and decided not to betray his beliefs or faith in the principles of our Constitution, so I do not think anybody here wants to hear from him.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 14:05

Turtleneck wrote:Evan McMullin had some good thoughts on this. However, he is a principled conservative and decided not to betray his beliefs or faith in the principles of our Constitution, so I do not think anybody here wants to hear from him.

lol, he's an attention whore.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 14:16

Ex CIA who doesn't trust Trump.

He must be an attention whore.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 21 Dec 2016 - 11:23

GRR Spartan wrote:Ex CIA who doesn't trust Trump.

He must be an attention whore.

I disagree, GRR. I do not think a person is seeking attention just because they refused to betray their beliefs.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed 21 Dec 2016 - 13:26

Sarcasm Turtleneck.

McMullin won't be confused as a Trump supporter.

I'm an outlier on this issue. Goose and others disagree with my skepticism. I don't trust Trump or his children who seem to be almost omnipresent.

I don't care as much about whio is footing the bill as to where the security team's alligiances lie.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down