WARD NEEDS HIS OWN FUCKING THREAD: Bump when he's a bad ass

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: WARD NEEDS HIS OWN FUCKING THREAD: Bump when he's a bad ass

Post by NigelUno on 2017-12-06, 08:19

InTenSity wrote:Did he get pulled after going for the shot that he was hacked on the arms about 20 times with no call?

I think that was the same play. I was confused how Jackson ended up on the line after that one. There was a lot of contact.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-12-06, 10:29

NigelUno wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Did he get pulled after going for the shot that he was hacked on the arms about 20 times with no call?

I think that was the same play.  I was confused how Jackson ended up on the line after that one.  There was a lot of contact.  

Jackson was boxed out, but the guy, number 5?, bent at the waist and shoved jackson out of bounds about a foot and a half.   Had he not bent and shoved him with his ass, it woudl have just been a missed call on puddin.   Here's what I don't get in my limited knowledge of the game.  It seems to me that Puddin at least tries to back his man down and collapse the defense on him when he's in there.  He works hard underneath looking for his shot.   That seems to me, that it allows us to play that inside out game a bit easier and some of our great shooters are more open.  When JJJ and Carther are in there, it seems to me that they settle for mid range jumpers and aren't as willing to mix it up underneath.   I guess I like Puddin because he reimnds me of a football player that is willing to get bloody or bruised.   I'd also like it if the black guy with the glasses would bitch at the refs a bit more when puddin gets mugged underneath. 

As far as playing time, I'll defer that to our HOF coach.  Nobody knows what goes on in practice or locker room or on the bench.  That's an Izzo thing.   No more bitching about it.

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2017-12-06, 10:34

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I think that was the same play.  I was confused how Jackson ended up on the line after that one.  There was a lot of contact.  

Jackson was boxed out, but the guy, number 5?, bent at the waist and shoved jackson out of bounds about a foot and a half.   Had he not bent and shoved him with his ass, it woudl have just been a missed call on puddin.   Here's what I don't get in my limited knowledge of the game.  It seems to me that Puddin at least tries to back his man down and collapse the defense on him when he's in there.  He works hard underneath looking for his shot.   That seems to me, that it allows us to play that inside out game a bit easier and some of our great shooters are more open.  When JJJ and Carther are in there, it seems to me that they settle for mid range jumpers and aren't as willing to mix it up underneath.   I guess I like Puddin because he reimnds me of a football player that is willing to get bloody or bruised.   I'd also like it if the black guy with the glasses would bitch at the refs a bit more when puddin gets mugged underneath. 

As far as playing time, I'll defer that to our HOF coach.  Nobody knows what goes on in practice or locker room or on the bench.  That's an Izzo thing.   No more bitching about it.

JJJ has no low post game. He doesn't have the strength (or skill yet) for it. He's just a tall SF that can't quite handle the ball effectively enough yet to easily get to the basket.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor on 2017-12-06, 10:38

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

JJJ has no low post game. He doesn't have the strength (or skill yet) for it. He's just a tall SF that can't quite handle the ball effectively enough yet to easily get to the basket.

Rolling Eyes Dude hit a huge left handed hook at a critical point in the game.
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-12-06, 10:40

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

His drives to the basket makes me laugh sometimes. It looks like he's going to run everybody over. Usually though he does get to the hole without murdering his defender. His offense consists of the occasional ill-advised 3, drives to the basket, and put back dunks. And that's fine for now.

He also makes me chuckle when the guy he's guarding tries to prove a point and score on him. More often than not that guy gets rejected multiple times.

This is a fun team to watch... usually.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2017-12-06, 10:40

Read on another board (gasp!), that it looked like puddin wasn't as active if he felt he was open and not passed to, in getting back on defense. If that is the case, where he is sulking or getting on teammates for not passing to him, then I agree with benching him. Also pointed out that although Ward has less minutes, our D is better this year. I'd also argue that Izzo is harder on those who's ceiling is high.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2017-12-06, 10:54

Da Mayor wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Yeah. My bad. He looked just like Kareem.

It was more of a prayer than a hook shot.

If you have some (other) evidence of his strong low post game (especially in comparison to Ward), I'd love to see it.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-12-06, 11:06

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

JJJ has no low post game.  He doesn't have the strength (or skill yet) for it.  He's just a tall SF that can't quite handle the ball effectively enough yet to easily get to the basket.  

His drives to the basket makes me laugh sometimes. It looks like he's going to run everybody over. Usually though he does get to the hole without murdering his defender. His offense consists of the occasional ill-advised 3, drives to the basket, and put back dunks. And that's fine for now.

He also makes me chuckle when the guy he's guarding tries to prove a point and score on him. More often than not that guy gets rejected multiple times.

Hopefully, the big ten season convinces him he needs weight room and maybe another year here at MSU.  But again, if he's going to be a first round choice, he should go.

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor on 2017-12-06, 11:17

NigelUno wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:

If you have some (other) evidence of his strong low post game (especially in comparison to Ward), I'd love to see it.

It's not either-or, bro. Both can have low post games. Puddin's is stronger at this point, but to say JJJ doesn't have any at all just isn't true.

P.S. Fuck Tanny.
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green on 2017-12-06, 12:54

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

JJJ has no low post game.  He doesn't have the strength (or skill yet) for it.  He's just a tall SF that can't quite handle the ball effectively enough yet to easily get to the basket.  

Dude should not ever be shooting 3s or dribble driving to the hoop yet that is a substantial portion of his attempts.  It doesn't seem like Izzo is telling him to stop so I guess you get the green light for playing D.
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2017-12-06, 13:09

Da Mayor wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

It's not either-or, bro. Both can have low post games. Puddin's is stronger at this point, but to say JJJ doesn't have any at all just isn't true.

P.S. Fuck Tanny.

Ward's low post game is 9.5/10.
JJJ's is .5/10
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2017-12-06, 17:14

From today's Graham Couch chat (where were you Bob). Nothing earth shattering.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/columnists/graham-couch/2017/12/06/live-1-p-m-msu-sports-chat-graham-couch/926995001/

Comment From Dom
Hate to talk about this even more but...think people are taking this Ward stuff too seriously? Seen a ton about him "leaving" and what not.
via·about 4 hours ago
Graham Couch
He's not leaving MSU in-season, I don't think. That'd be silly. But I do believe he'll leave for the NBA after this season. He tried to after last season. That's no knock on his relationship with the program. That's what he wants. ... I do think it's overblown. From a basketball perspective, it's hard to watch him sit. But Izzo isn't going to let him get away with anything, it appears.

Izzo called him during the chat. The Bobs in the chat kept asking him to share. Here is what Couch said.

Most of our conversation was off-the-record or background. He wasn't thrilled with Nick Ward's response at halftime when he asked if he was ready to go. And didn't think Ward handled the night all that well. But what Izzo does better than other coaches, is he doesn't shut it down. There isn't another major program in the country, I don't think, where Nick Ward would have been available to the media after that and the locker room would have been open. It keeps it a one-day story and when Ward starts and plays normal minutes Saturday, it's over. It's smart. More coaches should do it. It hurts them when they don't, even thought they think they're protecting the program. It hurt Tom Crean at Indiana. It hurts a lot of these guys.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-12-06, 17:20

Awe shit, my guys leaving this year. Good for him and good luck to him. I was hoping for a third year.

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green on 2017-12-06, 18:29

Yeah ok Graham I am sure a basketball player's future performance is highly dependent on media availability.
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2018-01-02, 15:10

Offensive Player of the Week. 2nd week in a row.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-01-02, 15:15

InTenSity wrote:Offensive Player of the Week. 2nd week in a row.

Just think of the player he could have been if Izzo hadn't ruined him by benching him.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-01-11, 11:10

Wanted to get a link in here today before Wags turned vicious.

Michigan State basketball: Nick Ward 'a man' in Spartans' OT win over Rutgers

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2018-01-11, 11:15

LooseGoose wrote:Wanted to get a link in here today before Wags turned vicious.

I noticed the way Izzo said, "Ironically, Nick Ward was our best player down the stretch".  Was he saying that because of him sitting at Rutgers?  Or  was he saying that because He dind't think it possible for Ward to be the best player?

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-01-11, 11:19

#FREEWARD
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2018-01-11, 11:20

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Wanted to get a link in here today before Wags turned vicious.

I noticed the way Izzo said, "Ironically, Nick Ward was our best player down the stretch".  Was he saying that because of him sitting at Rutgers?  Or  was he saying that because He dind't think it possible for Ward to be the best player?

He probably said it because he hates Ward and wants him to quit.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum