Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Trump Budget

+3
Rocinante
AnomanderRake
GRR Spartan
7 posters

Go down

The Trump Budget Empty The Trump Budget

Post by Guest 2016-12-30, 12:15

IT will be interesting to follow and see how much the R's actually do of the things they claim they want to do.

A starting point...though I disagree that it's the biggest budget gimmick - that would be social security.

Can Trump end Washington’s biggest budget gimmick?

Since 2001, the Department of Defense has spent more than $9 trillion on everything from new weapons systems to soldier salaries, and nearly 20 percent of that money — $1.7 trillion in total — has come from an “off-the-books” budget account called the Overseas Contingency Operations fund. It’s the best-known budget gimmick in Washington, a classic example of Democrats and Republicans finding common ground when they want to boost defense spending while technically abiding by the current budget caps.

But starting in 2017, a fierce critic of that gimmick is set to become one of the most important people in the Washington budget world. President-elect Donald Trump recently picked Rep. Mick Mulvaney to head the Office of Management and Budget, the small yet powerful agency that produces the president’s annual budget. It’s an extraordinarily powerful role, experts say, enabling Mulvaney to leave his fingerprints on every corner of the federal government — and, importantly, giving him a direct line to Trump on matters of federal spending.

Mulvaney has been one of the loudest critics of the fund during his time in Congress, hammering it as a “slush fund” and sponsoring legislation to eliminate it. Now, suddenly, he will find himself in a unique position to kill it off. Could he do it?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The Trump Budget Empty Re: The Trump Budget

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-30, 12:24

I'm reasonably sure President Putin will be thrilled to see the US slash off the books, harder to track DoD spending.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-30, 12:48

GRR Spartan wrote:I'm reasonably sure President Putin will be thrilled to see the US slash off the books, harder to track DoD spending.

The Trump Budget 1966794946 The Trump Budget 1966794946 The Trump Budget 1966794946 Jesus Christ man you need to get a grip.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2016-12-30, 13:58

I would be shocked but very pleased if the government cut department of defense spending. Didn't Trump campaign on strengthening the military though?
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-30, 15:42

AnomanderRake wrote:I would be shocked but very pleased if the government cut department of defense spending. Didn't Trump campaign on strengthening the military though?

Cutting spending won't necessarily weaken the military. Cutting spending while spending smarter might strengthen it, though many have tried at that game and failed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-12-30, 16:04

Social Security is a gimmick? Do you accept your payments?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-12-30, 17:42

GRR Spartan wrote:I'm reasonably sure President Putin will be thrilled to see the US slash off the books, harder to track DoD spending.

Dude you have been melting down HARD since early November.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-12-30, 17:54

LooseGoose wrote:

The Trump Budget 1966794946 The Trump Budget 1966794946 The Trump Budget 1966794946 Jesus Christ man you need to get a grip.

In GRR's defense, if Killary had won I would be The Trump Budget 1550444538 The Trump Budget 1550444538 The Trump Budget 1550444538 right now.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-30, 18:21

Rocinante wrote:Social Security is a gimmick? Do you accept your payments?

What makes you think I'm taking any?

And yes, any program that every politician claims has a "trust fund" behind it when in reality there is no such thing is a gimmick. In private life you would go to prison for claiming that. The common name for it is a Ponzi scheme, ask Bernie Madoff how that worked for him. Unfortunately for old Bernie he can't print more $$, the government can.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-30, 18:32

LooseGoose wrote:

You are the guy posting the winning 3059 county crap and choose to think Vald will be our friend. lol! lol! lol!

You like the idea of Trump helping his new bestie raise Russia's standing as a world power.  I don't. Maybe you are just more trusting up in Mio.

You have become a real fan of an authoritarian regime after Trump's win.

All those years of watching out for the Red Menace and Russia have magically vaporized with Trump in office.  

Our President but I don't trust him any further than I could throw you.  
Trump will sell out this country for a billions in his and his kid's pockets just like Putin has done in Russia.

You were worried about Hillary Clinton?  Wow.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-30, 18:55

lol, oh my. Quite the rant.

Yeah I was worried about Hills since she had already sold out to the Russkies.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-12-30, 18:58

GRR Spartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

You are the guy posting the winning 3059 county crap and choose to think Vald will be our friend. lol! lol! lol!

You like the idea of Trump helping his new bestie raise Russia's standing as a world power.  I don't. Maybe you are just more trusting up in Mio.

You have become a real fan of an authoritarian regime after Trump's win.

All those years of watching out for the Red Menace and Russia have magically vaporized with Trump in office.  

Our President but I don't trust him any further than I could throw you.  
Trump will sell out this country for a billions in his and his kid's pockets just like Putin has done in Russia.

You were worried about Hillary Clinton?  Wow.

Tilt
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-02-10, 13:24

Trump to Propose $4.8 Trillion Budget With More Border Wall Funding

President Trump is expected to propose on Monday a $4.8 trillion budget that will include billions of additional dollars for his wall along the southern border and steep cuts to safety net programs like Medicaid, disability insurance and housing assistance, according to senior administration officials and documents reviewed by The New York Times.

He's gonna reelected on the platform of cutting everything except building the wall.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-02-10, 13:29

I told Guest it was gonna be a long haul around here for fans of the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator.

The Trump Budget 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down