tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Page 24 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by NigelUno on 2018-08-14, 21:33

They remade...



Suspect

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21529
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2018-08-14, 21:37

No Meg reviews from tSwill?
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17001
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-08-14, 21:56

Did anyone give the hbo series sharp objects a try yet

Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25801
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2018-08-15, 08:05

Floyd Robertson wrote:No Meg reviews from tSwill?

avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 16613
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2018-08-15, 08:25

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:No Meg reviews from tSwill?


avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17001
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2018-08-15, 08:26

BTW, we should have an epic rant on CBS remaking Magnum, right? TBF, I didn't watch it all that much, but it seems like remaking it is the sign of desperation.
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17001
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2018-08-15, 08:31

Finally got around to watching Three Billboards the other night.. quite excellent.

avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 29425
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-08-15, 09:07

Floyd Robertson wrote:BTW, we should have an epic rant on CBS remaking Magnum, right? TBF, I didn't watch it all that much, but it seems like remaking it is the sign of desperation.

I've never seen an episode - but if you think of movies and TV about 40% of it seems to be remakes. They need to start looking for creative types again, it's pretty sad to be continually recycling crap from 30-40 years ago.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41791
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by aualum06 on 2018-08-15, 10:07

LooseGoose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:BTW, we should have an epic rant on CBS remaking Magnum, right? TBF, I didn't watch it all that much, but it seems like remaking it is the sign of desperation.

I've never seen an episode - but if you think of movies and TV about 40% of it seems to be remakes. They need to start looking for creative types again, it's pretty sad to be continually recycling crap from 30-40 years ago.

They cancel the good stuff because no one watches, NBC cancer timeless after two seasons and that was good tv. HBO and Showtime just dominating the television market and for good reason they put out quality stuff.
avatar
aualum06
Spartiate

Posts : 5228
Join date : 2015-05-17
Age : 34
Location : Ashley, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by steveschneider on 2018-08-15, 10:21

aualum06 wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I've never seen an episode - but if you think of movies and TV about 40% of it seems to be remakes. They need to start looking for creative types again, it's pretty sad to be continually recycling crap from 30-40 years ago.

They cancel the good stuff because no one watches, NBC cancer timeless after two seasons and that was good tv. HBO and Showtime just dominating the television market and for good reason they put out quality stuff.

I met a writer for the upcoming Murphy Brown show a few weeks back. Told me how frustrating it is to be a tv writer these days, any of her new fresh ideas never make it past development because everyone wants re-makes.

Compared to when I was a kid we have 100's of channels vs the 20 or so channels we had on the cable box and all we are seeing is remakes of the shows that used to occupy those 20 channels.
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15322
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2018-08-15, 10:30

steveschneider wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

They cancel the good stuff because no one watches, NBC cancer timeless after two seasons and that was good tv. HBO and Showtime just dominating the television market and for good reason they put out quality stuff.

I met a writer for the upcoming Murphy Brown show a few weeks back. Told me how frustrating it is to be a tv writer these days, any of her new fresh ideas never make it past development because everyone wants re-makes.

Compared to when I was a kid we have 100's of channels vs the 20 or so channels we had on the cable box and all we are seeing is remakes of the shows that used to occupy those 20 channels.

They're remaking Murphy Brown?
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 16613
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by steveschneider on 2018-08-15, 10:42

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I met a writer for the upcoming Murphy Brown show a few weeks back. Told me how frustrating it is to be a tv writer these days, any of her new fresh ideas never make it past development because everyone wants re-makes.

Compared to when I was a kid we have 100's of channels vs the 20 or so channels we had on the cable box and all we are seeing is remakes of the shows that used to occupy those 20 channels.

They're remaking Murphy Brown?


Yep. Let’s not forget they remade a three Stooges movie. There’s no bottom with these folks.
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15322
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2018-08-15, 10:42

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I met a writer for the upcoming Murphy Brown show a few weeks back. Told me how frustrating it is to be a tv writer these days, any of her new fresh ideas never make it past development because everyone wants re-makes.

Compared to when I was a kid we have 100's of channels vs the 20 or so channels we had on the cable box and all we are seeing is remakes of the shows that used to occupy those 20 channels.

They're remaking Murphy Brown?

Not it's a not a remake. It's new episodes with Candace Bergen herself.

I mean, what's next? Brand new episodes of Moonlighting with Bruce Wills or ER with George Clooney?
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17001
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2018-08-15, 13:05

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Just finished Westworld Season 2....

Who the what the f is... huh?

Yeah pretty much. I think the writers got pissed that everyone figured out what was going on in the first season and said, "Oh yeah? Figure this shit out."
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 16613
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by AvgMSUJoe on 2018-08-15, 13:36

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Just finished Westworld Season 2....

Who the what the f is... huh?

Yeah pretty much. I think the writers got pissed that everyone figured out what was going on in the first season and said, "Oh yeah? Figure this shit out."

Way too many dongs too. I have esteem issues. Don't need to see all those dongs.
avatar
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 984
Join date : 2014-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-08-16, 08:02

avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41791
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2018-08-16, 22:37

Detroiters finale right now on Comedy Central. Need viewers. Tune in.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20078
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Welcome to the Revolution

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Death Roe on 2018-08-17, 22:57

I don't think it's coming back my dude. :(
avatar
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11263
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Pants Pooper

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2018-08-18, 00:23

I'm thinking you're probably 75% right on. But I'm holding out hope.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20078
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Welcome to the Revolution

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by SawGreen on 2018-08-18, 06:52

Better Call Saul viewership is down. But, what surprises me is the ratings chart at the bottom. 'merica...

https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/monday-cable-ratings-august-13-2018/
avatar
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 1789
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2018-08-18, 08:18

SawGreen wrote:Better Call Saul viewership is down. But, what surprises me is the ratings chart at the bottom. 'merica...

https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/monday-cable-ratings-august-13-2018/
TBF, it is summer, there isn't a lot of new scripted programming on.
avatar
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3561
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Miami, FL

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Dr. Strangelove on 2018-08-18, 11:02

SawGreen wrote:Better Call Saul viewership is down. But, what surprises me is the ratings chart at the bottom. 'merica...

https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/monday-cable-ratings-august-13-2018/

A notriously slow show takes over a year off and then comes out of the gate with a really slow episode. I'm not shocked. Though to be fair the second ep moved better and it was more enjoyable
avatar
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3382
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Dixie

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Tek Jansen on 2018-08-20, 13:30

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Did anyone give the hbo series sharp objects a try yet

I've been following it - for those not familiar, Sharp Objects is an 8 episode mini-series starring Amy Adams as an alcoholic journalist who moves back to her home town in Missouri to cover a murder investigation of young girls. The show is based on the a book by Gillian Flynn, the author of Gone Girl.

The show is a little slow moving but picks up intrigue as it gets deeper into the story. Amy Adams' performance has been great and Patricia Clarkson plays such a great asshole mother (playing a character similar to Tammy I from Parks & Rec). Early on in the show a lot of Led Zeppelin and a lot of trippy intercuts and flashbacks.
avatar
Tek Jansen
Spartiate

Posts : 12
Join date : 2018-08-08

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Rocinante on 2018-08-20, 14:19

I love Amy Adams and she's actually the same age as me, so that's ok.  

Also, her birthday is today which I just found out when I was googling and ogling her.
avatar
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14346
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : East Lansing, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-08-20, 14:56

Tek Jansen wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Did anyone give the hbo series sharp objects a try yet

I've been following it - for those not familiar, Sharp Objects is an 8 episode mini-series starring Amy Adams as an alcoholic journalist who moves back to her home town in Missouri to cover a murder investigation of young girls. The show is based on the a book by Gillian Flynn, the author of Gone Girl.

The show is a little slow moving but picks up intrigue as it gets deeper into the story. Amy Adams' performance has been great and Patricia Clarkson plays such a great asshole mother (playing a character similar to Tammy I from Parks & Rec). Early on in the show a lot of Led Zeppelin and a lot of trippy intercuts and flashbacks
Thanks Tek!   

Post more.  People would really appreciate having something to read other than my drivel.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41791
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-08-20, 15:26

LooseGoose wrote:
Tek Jansen wrote:

I've been following it - for those not familiar, Sharp Objects is an 8 episode mini-series starring Amy Adams as an alcoholic journalist who moves back to her home town in Missouri to cover a murder investigation of young girls. The show is based on the a book by Gillian Flynn, the author of Gone Girl.

The show is a little slow moving but picks up intrigue as it gets deeper into the story. Amy Adams' performance has been great and Patricia Clarkson plays such a great asshole mother (playing a character similar to Tammy I from Parks & Rec). Early on in the show a lot of Led Zeppelin and a lot of trippy intercuts and flashbacks
Thanks Tek!   

Post more.  People would really appreciate having something to read other than my drivel.

Word.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 27568
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Dr. Strangelove on 2018-08-22, 09:01

Episode 33 of BB had Jesse gunning down Gale. Ep 33 of BCS has Gale singing the periodic table.

The nacho stuff was good but knowing Gus's fate really doesn't give me much urgency to that plotline.

Having Mike MIA most of ep hurt
avatar
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3382
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Dixie

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-08-22, 09:14

I don't know exactly when but DISH has added MeTV.....it's like my childhood all over again. both the 1st run and the repeats that were on then.

Shows

Sitcoms
ALF
The Andy Griffith Show †
The Beverly Hillbillies
The Brady Bunch
Diff'rent Strokes
The Facts of Life
Gilligan's Island
Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C.
Green Acres (beginning September 8, 2018)
Hogan's Heroes
The Jeffersons
Leave It to Beaver
The Love Boat
Mama's Family
M*A*S*H
The Odd Couple (leaving September 2, 2018)
My Three Sons
Petticoat Junction
WKRP In Cincinnati
(†) - In markets where another station is airing The Andy Griffith Show, MeTV airs Hogan's Heroes in its place.[1]

Drama
77 Sunset Strip
Cannon
Charlie's Angels
Diagnosis: Murder
The Fugitive
In the Heat of the Night (beginning September 3, 2018)
Mannix
Matlock
Perry Mason
Peter Gunn
Touched by an Angel
The Untouchables

Sci-Fi/Superhero
Batman (leaving September 1, 2018)
Battlestar Galactica
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (beginning September 8, 2018)
Kolchak: The Night Stalker
Land of the Giants
Lost in Space
Star Trek (leaving September 1, 2018)
Swamp Thing:The Series
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
Wonder Woman

Westerns
The Big Valley
Bonanza
Gunsmoke
Have Gun, Will Travel
Maverick
Rawhide
The Rifleman
Trackdown
Wagon Train
Wanted: Dead or Alive
The Wild Wild West

Anthology
Alfred Hitchcock Presents
Night Gallery
The Twilight Zone
Variety
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41791
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-08-22, 23:34

Sharp objects is really fucking good

Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25801
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2018-08-23, 06:33

LooseGoose wrote:I don't know exactly when but DISH has added MeTV.....it's like my childhood all over again. both the 1st run and the repeats that were on then.

Shows

Sitcoms
ALF
The Andy Griffith Show †
The Beverly Hillbillies
The Brady Bunch
Diff'rent Strokes
The Facts of Life
Gilligan's Island
Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C.
Green Acres (beginning September 8, 2018)
Hogan's Heroes
The Jeffersons
Leave It to Beaver
The Love Boat
Mama's Family
M*A*S*H
The Odd Couple (leaving September 2, 2018)
My Three Sons
Petticoat Junction
WKRP In Cincinnati
(†) - In markets where another station is airing The Andy Griffith Show, MeTV airs Hogan's Heroes in its place.[1]

Drama
77 Sunset Strip
Cannon
Charlie's Angels
Diagnosis: Murder
The Fugitive
In the Heat of the Night (beginning September 3, 2018)
Mannix
Matlock
Perry Mason
Peter Gunn
Touched by an Angel
The Untouchables

Sci-Fi/Superhero
Batman (leaving September 1, 2018)
Battlestar Galactica
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (beginning September 8, 2018)
Kolchak: The Night Stalker
Land of the Giants
Lost in Space
Star Trek (leaving September 1, 2018)
Swamp Thing:The Series
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
Wonder Woman

Westerns
The Big Valley
Bonanza
Gunsmoke
Have Gun, Will Travel
Maverick
Rawhide
The Rifleman
Trackdown
Wagon Train
Wanted: Dead or Alive
The Wild Wild West

Anthology
Alfred Hitchcock Presents
Night Gallery
The Twilight Zone
Variety
Yeah, it is good for some classics when in the mood. Antenna is another similar network, though not as strong as MeTV. It is pretty cool to see my daughter enjoy some of my favorite old shows.
avatar
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3561
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Miami, FL

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Dr. Strangelove on 2018-08-23, 07:31

Heroes and Icons is the all Star Trek channel plus they have classic westerns like Have Gun Will Travel and Maverick
avatar
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3382
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Dixie

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by steveschneider on 2018-08-23, 07:35

Ever since I watched Detroit I’ve been revisiting Kathryn Bigelows catalog. Watched Point Break this weekend. That’s an incredibly entertaining action film and rip Patrick Swayze.

Watching Strange Days last night. James Cameron wrote the script. There’s some pretty bad parts in the film where it really drags but it’s starting to pick up in the end. Seems like the film is referencing the LA Riots.
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15322
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Dr. Strangelove on 2018-08-23, 08:20

steveschneider wrote:Ever since I watched Detroit I’ve been revisiting Kathryn Bigelows catalog. Watched Point Break this weekend. That’s an incredibly entertaining action film and rip Patrick Swayze.

Watching Strange Days last night. James Cameron wrote the script. There’s some pretty bad parts in the film where it really drags but it’s starting to pick up in the end. Seems like the film is referencing the LA Riots.

I'm down with 2K
avatar
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3382
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Dixie

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by steveschneider on 2018-08-23, 23:37

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Ever since I watched Detroit I’ve been revisiting Kathryn Bigelows catalog. Watched Point Break this weekend. That’s an incredibly entertaining action film and rip Patrick Swayze.

Watching Strange Days last night. James Cameron wrote the script. There’s some pretty bad parts in the film where it really drags but it’s starting to pick up in the end. Seems like the film is referencing the LA Riots.

I'm down with 2K

Just finished the film. I gotta say it was really good overall. First half was slow but it established the mood and atmosphere, in the middle is the most disgusting crime and then the last part is Nero and Mason trying to solve the murders and save faith and get justice for that rapper.

Like all of Bigelows films it’s visually stunning. I saw the trailer for her film on elephants. Looks like a complete tear jerker. Can’t believe rich fucks still want ivory. Stopping the poaching of elephants seems like a complete win win you stop funding terrorism and you save elephants.
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15322
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by AvgMSUJoe on 2018-08-24, 08:22

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Did anyone give the hbo series sharp objects a try yet

FTR, The book was good. That lady can write some fiction. Interested on reviews of this too.
avatar
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 984
Join date : 2014-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-08-24, 10:09

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Did anyone give the hbo series sharp objects a try yet

FTR, The book was good. That lady can write some fiction. Interested on reviews of this too.

Should have read the book first. I fucked that one up.

Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25801
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2018-08-24, 13:13

Has anyone watch The Dark Tower movie? The one with Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughay. I've read all the books and I just refused to watch what they did to get seven books into one movie. I heard they cut out a ton of characters (understandable). I also heard it was pretty much just a shoot em up movie with some shitty CGI magic thrown in.

I really wish they could have sold this to HBO as a series. Oh well.
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 16613
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-08-24, 13:35

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Has anyone watch The Dark Tower movie? The one with Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughay. I've read all the books and I just refused to watch what they did to get seven books into one movie. I heard they cut out a ton of characters (understandable). I also heard it was pretty much just a shoot em up movie with some shitty CGI magic thrown in.

I really wish they could have sold this to HBO as a series. Oh well.

With such a ringing endorsement, I’m sure the rest of us are eager to watch it now.




avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 27568
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by AvgMSUJoe on 2018-08-24, 14:45

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Has anyone watch The Dark Tower movie? The one with Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughay. I've read all the books and I just refused to watch what they did to get seven books into one movie. I heard they cut out a ton of characters (understandable). I also heard it was pretty much just a shoot em up movie with some shitty CGI magic thrown in.

I really wish they could have sold this to HBO as a series. Oh well.

Shit, now a days they don't even need HBO for that sort of thing. There are a million outlets.
avatar
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 984
Join date : 2014-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2018-08-24, 21:34

You guys are probably way ahead of me on this, but Black Sails is pretty good. Just finished season 1.
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17001
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum