Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2017

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-06-18, 10:38

Glad he's back on the right path.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-06-18, 10:55

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Wow. Here is a good read on former 17 commit Donovan Winter (the kid who got arrested on the eve of NSD)

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-recruiting/blog/os-sp-donovan-winter-michigan-state-0618-story.html

Seems to me the kid still hasn't put blame on the right person.

“It was horrible. It was probably the worst thing I’ve ever been in in my life. I was in a situation where I was in jail and I didn’t even do anything,” said Winter, who said the person accompanying him to the girl’s house stole the gun and put it in Winter’s truck.

“I had a whole group of people that messed me up. I was just hanging around the wrong people and it was horrible and I admit that I was wrong and everything for that. If I could do anything to change it, I would.”

Neither has his dad.

Blaise Winter was a former NFL defensive lineman who played 102 games during a 10-year career with the Colts, Chargers and Packers. He moved his family to Orlando to be UCF’s defensive line coach under George O’Leary in 2012. Now he can’t wait to leave a town that he said devastated his family.

I believe in second chances and hope he gets it right. Good luck to this kid, but I guess I'm just an old guy reading things where maybe I'm over thinking it.

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-06-18, 11:07

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Wow. Here is a good read on former 17 commit Donovan Winter (the kid who got arrested on the eve of NSD)

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-recruiting/blog/os-sp-donovan-winter-michigan-state-0618-story.html

“It was horrible. It was probably the worst thing I’ve ever been in in my life. I was in a situation where I was in jail and I didn’t even do anything,” said Winter, who said the person accompanying him to the girl’s house stole the gun and put it in Winter’s truck.

“I had a whole group of people that messed me up. I was just hanging around the wrong people and it was horrible and I admit that I was wrong and everything for that. If I could do anything to change it, I would.”

Neither has his dad.

Blaise Winter was a former NFL defensive lineman who played 102 games during a 10-year career with the Colts, Chargers and Packers. He moved his family to Orlando to be UCF’s defensive line coach under George O’Leary in 2012. Now he can’t wait to leave a town that he said devastated his family.

I believe in second chances and hope he gets it right. Good luck to this kid, but I guess I'm just an old guy reading things where maybe I'm over thinking it.

Based on a lifetime of experiences. I get it. I thought the same thing when I saw those quotes.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-06-18, 11:30

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

Neither has his dad.

Based on a lifetime of experiences. I get it. I thought the same thing when I saw those quotes.

I was an administrator in high school that made choices of suspension or not and dealt with kids being in trouble all the time. After a while I could tell who was legitimately remorseful and those who just felt they were victims. That was often reinforced by their parents. I hope a change of scenery and a second chance helps this young man out. I've also seen a maturity come over kids who learned from their mistakes. This could be one of those, hopefully.

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2017-06-19, 09:40

Rocky's dad writes for isportsweb:

http://www.isportsweb.com/2017/06/19/michigan-state-football-through-the-eyes-of-the-parents-of-the-class-of-2017/

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2017-06-19, 09:42

Man I thought you meant SpartanRocky, and that Fort Wayne Dave wrote the article. Was scared to click on it.

I've had watery pea soup, it's AWFUL.
Uh, I've had gelatinous, thick pea soup, it's TERRIBLE.
Pea soup, much like clam chowder, needs to have that consistency first, that you can stand the spoon up in it, but the spoon soon tilts, that's the consistency you want.
Number two: Uh, pea soup on it's own can be a little bland. It wants, uh, a fairly aggressive peppering and salting.
Number three: Pea soup needs a fine dice of ham. Not bacon, not any other meat, not turkey. It needs a fine dice of ham.
Uh, number four: Uh, pea soup scorches easily. You don't wanna heat it on a high heat. You wanna heat it on medium low, just until it's warmed through.
Uh, number five: Pea soup is best made, uh, by hand, not out of a Campbell's can. And the key to pea soup, you want a ham bone, uh, for the stock you make, uh, to, to boil your peas.
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2017-06-19, 09:44

Death Roe wrote:Man I thought you meant SpartanRocky, and that Fort Wayne Dave wrote the article. Was scared to click on it.
I thought the same thing. I was thinking, man, the article is probably super critical and blames everything on the training staff.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity on 2017-06-19, 10:56

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Rocky's dad writes for isportsweb:

http://www.isportsweb.com/2017/06/19/michigan-state-football-through-the-eyes-of-the-parents-of-the-class-of-2017/

"I have a good friend John Allen who has had three sons go through the Michigan State program. John and I were teammates in the All-State Shrine Bowl in 1979 and we’ve known each other for a long time. Our five boys all wrestled together since 2004 at Hinsdale Central where I was the head football coach. I told John how excited we were to be Spartans and how much respect I had for Coach Dantonio and his staff. John summed it up for me after the Ohio State game last fall when he told me that “no matter how great you think Coach Dantonio is as a human being, you will be wrong… he’s actually better than that.”

#believe

Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

http://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-06-20, 19:36

Cole Hahn 65 yard cash money
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down