Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by Masturbating Bear on 2014-06-01, 12:43

I can never get enough of that man's lunacy.
Masturbating Bear
Masturbating Bear
Spartiate

Posts : 30
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by Stoops21 on 2014-06-01, 13:05

Someone told me they saw him fill up a thermos from the red cedar and walk away. There's no way that happened but is a great tale of Johnny spirit.
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Posts : 844
Join date : 2014-04-23
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by Danny Tanner on 2014-06-01, 14:46

From an old thread regarding Sparty Watch

Byrd4MVP
This thread inspired me to stop by the sparty statue today. I spoke to a bearded man, late 50's maybe, and started asking him about Johnny Spirit and the history etc. Then Johnny spirit popped out from underneath a tarp, shirtless, claimed that he's been around much longer than 30 years, dove back underneath the tarp to cover himself. The bearded man was friendly, claimed to be johnny's brother (who knows though.) Sorry if this sounds confusing but these guys were not everyday people. Claimed that they will be there 24/7 all week. I mentioned the the name "sheldon" and the bearded man gave a funny look, the tarp rustled a bit, but the bearded man insisted that the name was not his real name. I believe that Johnny was whispering to the brother from under the tarp but it was windy so i couldnt hear and didnt exactly get super close. Hope this helps? Lol.
Danny Tanner
Danny Tanner
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 186
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by Bill S. Preston, Esquire on 2014-06-01, 14:50

I've talked with that dude many times. He used to park his bike at our house back in the day. House is gone now. Replace by condos or something.

His mom made us cookies. Guy shows up at a house party with sugar cookies. I did not eat the cookies but others did and survived.

Although extremely odd, he was a nice guy. We never had a problem with him.
Bill S. Preston, Esquire
Bill S. Preston, Esquire
Spartiate

Posts : 95
Join date : 2014-05-06

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by Ass Dan on 2014-06-01, 14:56

I watched him get arrested right in front of me at the rose bowl. Before the game, I gave him five bucks while he was doing his "Johnny needs a ticket" thing.

I regret that, as I could have purchased a bacon wrapped hot dog after the game instead. Those looked fantastic
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3228
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 27
Location : Canton, MI

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by SpartanMikey on 2014-06-01, 17:26

Ass Dan wrote:I watched him get arrested right in front of me at the rose bowl. Before the game, I gave him five bucks while he was doing his "Johnny needs a ticket" thing.

I regret that, as I could have purchased a bacon wrapped hot dog after the game instead. Those looked fantastic

You should regret it period. What the hell is the matter with you? I can't believe people actually give that idiot money... Dude probably shows up, ticket in hand, and just collects a ton of money off of his shitty image. We should be paying to keep the dick head OUT of games lol.
SpartanMikey
SpartanMikey
Spartiate

Posts : 113
Join date : 2014-05-20

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by Ass Dan on 2014-06-01, 18:21

SpartanMikey wrote:

You should regret it period. What the hell is the matter with you? I can't believe people actually give that idiot money... Dude probably shows up, ticket in hand, and just collects a ton of money off of his shitty image. We should be paying to keep the dick head OUT of games lol.

Alright
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3228
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 27
Location : Canton, MI

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by steveschneider on 2014-06-01, 18:31

Never had a problem with him. It's always fun to see him at the games.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20071
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by Izzo Court on 2014-06-01, 21:30

I would rather see a fan cheering on the team then the ones sitting on their hands.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 511
Join date : 2014-05-06
Location : Dimondale

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by RubberbandMan on 2014-06-01, 21:51

Ass Dan wrote:I watched him get arrested right in front of me at the rose bowl. Before the game, I gave him five bucks while he was doing his "Johnny needs a ticket" thing.

I regret that, as I could have purchased a bacon wrapped hot dog after the game instead.  Those looked fantastic

The enterprising families who were selling hot dogs and sodas on their front lawns after the game were making a killing. A buck each was a great deal both ways.
RubberbandMan
RubberbandMan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 110
Join date : 2014-05-16

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by pulling69 on 2014-06-01, 21:55

I loathe green man.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 2689
Join date : 2014-04-20
Age : 42
Location : KIAD

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2014-06-01, 22:00

He used to come to our house parties on Beal St in '97-'99. Was an asshole every time, and creeped on the girls. Expected free beer because he was "Johnny Spirit". Acted indignant any time anyone tried to have a conversation with him.

My interactions with him since have been much the same.

Sorry, but I am not a fan of guys who try to make themselves the story. If you're a huge fan of MSU and want to be some weirdo superfan, that's cool. Just don't do it to call attention to yourself. Sheldon basically uses MSU as a means to create a stage for his wackiness and I don't appreciate that. Guess what, douche? While you're walking up and down the aisles and reveling in the attention you're getting for your stupid chants, fake video camera and pom poms, there's actually a football game going on behind you. Suck it you bearded freak.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23753
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Welcome to the Revolution

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by NigelUno on 2014-06-01, 22:25

I heard he wanted to be a mod.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23009
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by GRR Spartan on 2014-06-01, 23:51

January, about 15 years ago drove in for a MSU vs umaa Saturday night game and we had to park in the lot across from the International Center because Amway was having a meeting in Breslin.

Coldest weekend of the year. Blowing snow, temp below 20 and the west wind was whipping us as we walked to Munn. My then 7 year old thinks he hears a bicycle bell. We make fun of him and about a minute later Johnny Spirit rides past wearing his stripped pants and grease paint. Before that I thought he was just strange. From that moment on I knew he was bat crazy.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7073
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by SpartanGuard on 2014-06-02, 08:50

I was one of the band geeks in charge of running the nightly Sparty Watch activities back in 2008, so he and I were on a first-name basis for about a week. He was pretty nice then, and showed us where the electrical hookups were, but refused to talk to any of the newspaper/TV people that came by. And he kind of creeped us out when he sang "Yeah" by Usher and dedicated it to all the girls there. He may or may not have had a girlfriend with him.

The year before, he had one of my friends hold on to his camera while he did something else. We know it was on, but we have no idea if it was actually recording.
SpartanGuard
SpartanGuard
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 224
Join date : 2014-04-22
Age : 31
Location : Pure Michigan

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by Giant Moose on 2014-06-02, 08:56

gHost Spartan wrote:Saw him at the Rose Bowl and Forbin and I photobombed him and he seemed pissed because we didn't give him any money. Dude, how do you ship you bike all the way to LA and not have a ticket? Guy is a weirdo but I can't hate him because he loves MSU as I do. Then again, if John Wayne Gacy also loved MSU then I guess I would feel a little strange.
I talked to him at the St. Louis Final Four in 2005 and straight up asked him how he got his bike there. He told me he biked all the way from East Lansing during the night.  Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories 502811600 
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5839
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2014-06-02, 08:59

my wife, daughter (sorry Forbin) and I took some fruit and cookies down to the band geeks once during Sparty Watch.. the band geeks were very appreciative and gracious - nice kids..

Sheldon was, of course, hanging around.. my daughter (again, sorry Forbin) was intrigued by him, as she was young enough to still watch Clifford the Big Red Dog before school. This was probably around 2005, maybe 2006. We chatted with him a bit.. seemed like a nice enough guy but something about him gave me the heebie-jeebies.

Admittedly, I don't understand the point in an adult dressing like a cartoon character or a professional wrestler and going out into public.. seems like a developmental flaw in one's emotional construct.. I suspect that research would support this view.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 34765
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by NigelUno on 2014-06-02, 09:10

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Admittedly, I don't understand the point in an adult dressing like a cartoon character or a professional wrestler and going out into public.. seems like a developmental flaw in one's emotional construct.. I suspect that research would support this view.


I wonder if professional wrestlers dress up as professional wrestlers when they go to football or basketball games.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23009
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by TrueGreenSpartan on 2014-06-02, 09:22

couple years ago, while drunk at an MSU football game, as Sheldon walked by I muttered;

"John, get a life."

He heard me, turned and yelled back "I have twice the life you'll ever have."

I laughed out loud and respond "no John, I promise you don't".

Everyone around me who heard the exchange laughed and from then on whenever he'd be seen walking up the row the lady's behind me would point him out to me.

He is one weird duck. That is my Sheldon story Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories 2599972566
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 519
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by NigelUno on 2014-06-02, 09:34

TrueGreenSpartan wrote:couple years ago, while drunk at an MSU football game, as Sheldon walked by I muttered;

"John, get a life."  

He heard me, turned and yelled back "I have twice the life you'll ever have."  

I laughed out loud and respond "no John, I promise you don't".  

Everyone around me who heard the exchange laughed and from then on whenever he'd be seen walking up the row the lady's behind me would point him out to me.

He is one weird duck.  That is my Sheldon story Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories 2599972566

If he has multiple personalities, he may have twice the life (or more) that you have.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23009
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by Tankster on 2014-06-02, 09:46

My younger brother and some of his buddies were at a hockey game at Munn back in the early 90's.  They had been drinking and decided it would be fun to gang tackle him.  
 Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories 969504605
Tankster
Tankster
Spartiate

Posts : 25
Join date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by Masturbating Bear on 2014-06-02, 09:48

Tankster wrote:My younger brother and some of his buddies were at a hockey game at Munn back in the early 90's.  They had been drinking and decided it would be fun to gang tackle him.  
 Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories 969504605

I bet Johnny gave them a two-armed shove the likes of which they haven't yet forgotten
Masturbating Bear
Masturbating Bear
Spartiate

Posts : 30
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by goodbar on 2014-06-02, 09:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:my wife, daughter (sorry Forbin) and I took some fruit and cookies down to the band geeks once during Sparty Watch.. the band geeks were very appreciative and gracious - nice kids..

Sheldon was, of course, hanging around.. my daughter (again, sorry Forbin) was intrigued by him, as she was young enough to still watch Clifford the Big Red Dog before school. This was probably around 2005, maybe 2006. We chatted with him a bit.. seemed like a nice enough guy but something about him gave me the heebie-jeebies.

Admittedly, I don't understand the point in an adult dressing like a cartoon character or a professional wrestler and going out into public.. seems like a developmental flaw in one's emotional construct.. I suspect that research would support this view.



At the very least he needs to update his superfan kit.  Shit is straight up 90's all the way. handheld cam, biker hat, stupid-ass wrap around shades, even the color green his mom uses to lather him up in.  Wrong logo too, should be using the Spartan Helmet instead of the Block S.  Honestly tho, he needs to get lost.  We don't need freaky lone-gunman type personalities in Spartan regalia rushing the field and getting tackled by the po-po in Pasadena and shown on national TV.  Not good for our overall brand if ya know what I mean..


Last edited by goodbar on 2014-06-02, 09:55; edited 1 time in total
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 1100
Join date : 2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by NigelUno on 2014-06-02, 09:53

What is stranger? A guy who's been dressing up for years (like his entire adult life...25 years), or a guy who starts dressing up in his 40's?
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23009
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by TrueGreenSpartan on 2014-06-02, 11:07

NigelUno wrote:

If he has multiple personalities, he may have twice the life (or more) that you have.

A solid point I hadn't thought about Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories 55953254 
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 519
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by Giant Moose on 2014-06-02, 11:18

NigelUno wrote:What is stranger?  A guy who's been dressing up for years (like his entire adult life...25 years), or a guy who starts dressing up in his 40's?

I hope neither of them end up like that 3:16 Rainbow Man guy who used to be at all of the major sporting events. He ended up homeless, and then got 3 life sentences.

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories 3DB69C353AE8745AEA702DC241B7DB
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5839
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2014-06-02, 13:24

NigelUno wrote:What is stranger?  A guy who's been dressing up for years (like his entire adult life...25 years), or a guy who starts dressing up in his 40's?
depends.. does the latter have a role as a mod of an internet message board, the absence of a sense of humor and the wit of a creek rock?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 34765
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by James Dean on 2014-06-02, 13:49

Danny Tanner wrote:From an old thread regarding Sparty Watch

Byrd4MVP
This thread inspired me to stop by the sparty statue today. I spoke to a bearded man, late 50's maybe, and started asking him about Johnny Spirit and the history etc. Then Johnny spirit popped out from underneath a tarp, shirtless, claimed that he's been around much longer than 30 years, dove back underneath the tarp to cover himself. The bearded man was friendly, claimed to be johnny's brother (who knows though.) Sorry if this sounds confusing but these guys were not everyday people. Claimed that they will be there 24/7 all week. I mentioned the the name "sheldon" and the bearded man gave a funny look, the tarp rustled a bit, but the bearded man insisted that the name was not his real name. I believe that Johnny was whispering to the brother from under the tarp but it was windy so i couldnt hear and didnt exactly get super close. Hope this helps? Lol.

Ok I literally almost started laughing out loud in the office. Priceless
James Dean
James Dean
Spartiate

Posts : 25
Join date : 2014-04-20

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by Notorious GiB on 2014-06-02, 13:51

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
depends.. does the latter have a role as a mod of an internet message board, the absence of a sense of humor and the wit of a creek rock?


Why you gotta slam creek rocks like that?
Notorious GiB
Notorious GiB
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 256
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Bradenton, Florida

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by James Dean on 2014-06-02, 13:56

Son of a bitch, I never have more laughs than in reading John Sheldon posts. I seriously can't get enough of these awesome stories.
James Dean
James Dean
Spartiate

Posts : 25
Join date : 2014-04-20

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by NigelUno on 2014-06-02, 17:47

Notorious GiB wrote:

Why you gotta slam creek rocks like that?

Creek rocks are nice guys in real life.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23009
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by Frank Reynolds on 2014-06-02, 19:16

At a tailgate, 2005 maybe? He got up on ASMSU type stage and started trying to get a cheer going on the microphone. Some drunk kid ran up and jumped on his bike and started riding around. Johnny jumped down and started chasing the kid around, for a few minutes.

Mr Spirit was not at all amused by this and was screaming like a maniac.
Frank Reynolds
Frank Reynolds
Spartiate

Posts : 40
Join date : 2014-04-29
Location : ChiRaq

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2014-06-03, 08:00

NigelUno wrote:

Creek rocks are nice guys in real life.
insecure and a little pudgy but you'd really enjoy having a beer with one..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 34765
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by Tankster on 2014-06-04, 08:06

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories 59199714

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Johnny12
Tankster
Tankster
Spartiate

Posts : 25
Join date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by Tankster on 2014-06-04, 08:07

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Johnny15
Tankster
Tankster
Spartiate

Posts : 25
Join date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories Empty Re: Tell Me Your John Spirit Stories

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum