Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Liberty Is a Black Woman...

+7
DWags
xsanguine
TheReal_LWS
P Rob
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
Heat Miser
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Panic Re: Lady Liberty Is a Black Woman...

Post by Rocinante Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:29 am

xsanguine wrote:What a boring conversation.

I agree. The fact that people refuse to admit that there was a concerted effort to gain white votes by the R party by appealing to racism back in the day (and still now) is so tired.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:43 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
I'm fine with experts that freely publish their data and explain how they arrive at conclusions. Although most of the time I do not understand how they arrive at conclusions. It's usually way too complex. Anyway, if I do not like the conclusions and they do not support my points, the expert and their research should not be taken seriously. However, when their research does support my points, I laugh at the idea of somebody challenging their work. That allows people to draw their own conclusions about whether they agree or not.

I fixed it up for you, Loose.

LooseGoose wrote:Part 4 of the Trende/Byler analysis. How Trump Won: The Midwest

You keep posting those links like I am arguing with you about the content. I posed this back in August, and multiple times since.

A massive new study debunks a widespread theory for Donald Trump’s success
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/08/12/a-massive-new-study-debunks-a-widespread-theory-for-donald-trumps-success/?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.0529971a0dd0

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:52 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
I'm fine with experts that freely publish their data and explain how they arrive at conclusions. Although most of the time I do not understand how they arrive at conclusions. It's usually way too complex. Anyway, if I do not like the conclusions and they do not support my points, the expert and their research should not be taken seriously. However, when their research does support my points, I laugh at the idea of somebody challenging their work. That allows people to draw their own conclusions about whether they agree or not.

I fixed it up for you, Loose.

LooseGoose wrote:Part 4 of the Trende/Byler analysis. How Trump Won: The Midwest

You keep posting those links like I am arguing with you about the content. I posed this back in August, and multiple times since.

A massive new study debunks a widespread theory for Donald Trump’s success
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/08/12/a-massive-new-study-debunks-a-widespread-theory-for-donald-trumps-success/?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.0529971a0dd0

Thanks for "fixing" up what I said - and people wonder why they think I said things I didn't say.

I post those links for anyone that wants to read straight up solid information on how changes in voting patterns affected this election. The links aren't specifically for you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:54 pm

Rocinante wrote:

I agree. The fact that people refuse to admit that there was a concerted effort to gain white votes by the R party by appealing to racism back in the day (and still now) is so tired.

And your opinion on the concerted effort by the Democrats to gain black votes by using racism is? Oh that's right it's terrible for me to point that out.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:55 pm

Rocinante wrote:

Maybe, I'm not in the GOP so I'm not privy to their strategies. If they're trying to appeal to racism that seems like a bad strategy as that pool of voters is extremely small.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:14 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Maybe, I'm not in the GOP so I'm not privy to their strategies. If they're trying to appeal to racism that seems like a bad strategy as that pool of voters is extremely small.

According to Dems the only reason anyone would ever vote for a Republican is that they're racists. They feel the pool is very large and growing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:15 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

According to Dems the only reason anyone would ever vote for a Republican is that they're racists. They feel the pool is very large and growing.
from my view, this is actually a very accurate statement.

Lady Liberty Is a Black Woman... - Page 2 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:26 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

from my view, this is actually a very accurate statement.

LOL - so you're a Democrat or a racist.

Got it.

And people say I'm hard to reason with.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:06 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:from my view, this is actually a very accurate statement.

LOL - so you're a Democrat or a racist.

Got it.

And people say I'm hard to reason with.
it's just my opinion, dude.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:15 am

LooseGoose wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

According to Dems the only reason anyone would ever vote for a Republican is that they're racists.   They feel the pool is very large and growing.

I grew up being one of few honkies in my neighborhood and public school classes. Then after high school I was surrounded by crackers. I witnessed far more racism during my grade school days but it wasn't the right kind so it didn't count. What people point out as 'racist' seems very pedestrian compared to grade school. Anecdotal but I keep a very keen eye and ear out to see what this crazy epidemic of roving bands of racists scouring America to put minorities down is occurring and I guess I just haven't found that community yet.

Homophobia seems like a much bigger and witnessable issue.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:46 am

How Trump Won -- Conclusions

Finally, we come to our overall conclusion for the series: These demographic changes are meaningless without a geographic filter. The reason is simple. Our nation’s politics, at every level, have a geographic basis. Presidents are elected via the Electoral College, not the popular vote. Senators are elected by state. Representatives are elected through geographic districts. Statehouses choose their members in the same manner. There are good normative arguments for and against this, but we place these to the side and simply take the facts as they are, not as they perhaps ought to be.

As the lead author noted two years ago in his chapter for Larry Sabato’s “The Surge,” Hispanics exceed their national share of the population in just nine states, only three of which are swing states (Colorado, Florida and Nevada). Likewise, African-Americans exceed their national share of the population (14 percent) in just 16 states, only a handful of which (Florida, Michigan, North Carolina and Virginia) are swing states.

In other words, the Democrats’ coalition of the ascendant is very inefficiently distributed. We therefore opted to utilize a demographic (urbanicity) that is easily filtered through a geographic component (CBSAs) and that people intuitively think of in geographic terms. What we discovered is a different dimension to the Democrats’ demographic inefficiency problem: They are becoming far too clustered in urban centers to be effective, even when they win the popular vote.

Today, we look at this from a national perspective. We begin with a map:
Lady Liberty Is a Black Woman... - Page 2 398100_5_

The large metropolitan areas stick out, and there are some interesting oddities: Teton County, Wyoming, is the home of Jackson Hole, and it is a blue island in a sea of red; the blue counties in southeastern Kansas are home to a number of meat-packing plants, where the Hispanic population has turned once lily-white counties into majority-minority areas.

The general trend here, though, is that most of the land area is red. Land area doesn’t vote, but rural and small-town America casts tens of millions of votes. Shifts of this magnitude add up. The one big exception is California, which has shifted almost uniformly toward Democrats. But this is inefficient; California was already quite blue by 1996; all of these votes are “wasted.” On the other hand, the dark red areas – West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana – are all places where Democrats performed well in 1996, but no longer do.

Amazing the Democrats were "performing well" in those bastions of racism in 1996 after the Republicans supposedly executed the "Southern Strategy" there 30 years earlier.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:51 am

How do you get from any conversation ever to "How Trump Won" in one easy step? Let Goose post in your thread.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:02 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:How do you get from any conversation ever to "How Trump Won" in one easy step? Let Goose post in your thread.

I'm glad now that you have DJ Trump as your President you don't need a safe space.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:27 pm

so has Trump paid Lady Liberty to pee on him yet??

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:30 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:so has Trump paid Lady Liberty to pee on him yet??

So begins Bob's 8 years in the Wilderness.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:32 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

LOL
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:46 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

I'm sorry that you need a safe space to protect you from free speech.

it's gonna be a long 4 years for the snowflakes.. Lady Liberty Is a Black Woman... - Page 2 502811600 Lady Liberty Is a Black Woman... - Page 2 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:07 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:How do you get from any conversation ever to "How Trump Won" in one easy step? Let Goose post in your thread.

I'm glad now that you have DJ Trump as your President you don't need a safe space.

I don't understand what you are talking about, but yeah sure, why not.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:13 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I'm sorry that you need a safe space to protect you from free speech.

it's gonna be a long 4 years for the snowflakes.. Lady Liberty Is a Black Woman... - Page 2 502811600  Lady Liberty Is a Black Woman... - Page 2 3493939353

I don't really understand this snowflake thing, RJS.

Are you trying to tell me that one party is more snowflake than another?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2