The 2017 Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The 2017 Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

Post by The Pantry on Tue 30 May 2017 - 22:23

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Actually yes. The 7 year old wanted oatmeal.

My family does not eat what I eat typically. They are not interested in my meat/protein heavy foods so I just go it alone.
Do they hate mayo?
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Re: The 2017 Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on Tue 30 May 2017 - 22:38

The Pantry wrote:

My family does not eat what I eat typically. They are not interested in my meat/protein heavy foods so I just go it alone.
Do they hate mayo?

I don't know, I don't think anyone in my house really eats mayo.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on Wed 31 May 2017 - 8:00

The cereal guess wasn't snide, was from experience.

When mine were young and I was cooking up something they wanted nothing to do with that was the fallback option.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on Wed 7 Jun 2017 - 20:48

Chicken night. Grilled pork chops last night, so I didn't feel like grilling again. No onions, so fajitas were out.  As I was cutting up the lettuce it was coming out in perfect lettuce wraps. So I ground that bird up and made lettuce wraps. Didn't have all the ingredints, so I ad libbed...

- 1lb Ground Chicken
- 8 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 4+ tbp Peanut Butter (natural of course)
- 1/2 can of Ginger Beer
- Chopped Almonds & Sun Flower seeds (no waster chestnuts)
- Some Rice Vinegar, onion flakes, garlic, tumeric and a pinch of chili powder (dumped the hot sauce last weekend)

Exact quantities unknown, added to the sauce on the fly. Browned up the chicken, mixed in the sauce and nuts and Viola! Did a taste test and it tasted a bit soy heavy so I added a dab of peanut butter... and came out a bit too PBy...but still good. Needed some hot sauce.

Share and like on Pintergram.

Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on Wed 7 Jun 2017 - 21:04

Nordic wrote:

Chicken night. Grilled pork chops last night, so I didn't feel like grilling again. No onions, so fajitas were out.  As I was cutting up the lettuce it was coming out in perfect lettuce wraps. So I ground that bird up and made lettuce wraps. Didn't have all the ingredints, so I ad libbed...

- 1lb Ground Chicken
- 8 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 4+ tbp Peanut Butter (natural of course)
- 1/2 can of Ginger Beer
- Chopped Almonds & Sun Flower seeds (no waster chestnuts)
- Some Rice Vinegar, onion flakes, garlic, tumeric and a pinch of chili powder (dumped the hot sauce last weekend)

Exact quantities unknown, added to the sauce on the fly. Browned up the chicken, mixed in the sauce and nuts and Viola! Did a taste test and it tasted a bit soy heavy so I added a dab of peanut butter... and came out a bit too PBy...but still good. Needed some hot sauce.

Looks good....what did you use to grind it to get that size chunks?

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on Wed 7 Jun 2017 - 21:15

Knowing Nordy, he probably used Grindr

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on Wed 7 Jun 2017 - 21:42

The Pantry wrote:True confession: Co-worker is a far more inspired cook than I.

Brought slices of smoked, stuffed fatties he made over the weekend into work today. Italian sausage he ground and seasoned to a perfect mix of mild and hot. Stuffed with red bell peppers, onions, asparagus, fresh morels...and string cheese.

Was outstanding.
Co-worker brought in more fatty slices today. No morels in this batch but still tasted great. Asked why he uses string cheese. Said it doesn't melt and ooze out like other cheeses.

Never made a fatty. On my to-do list.

btw...when was Minnie here last?
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum