Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

+29
Senior Dickfist
Tim Wakefield
The Pantry
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
I.B. Fine
Da Mayor
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
SawGreen
Rocinante
keanro
Turtleneck
SeeRockCity
steveschneider
Jake from State Farm
NigelUno
Nordic
The_Dude
GRR Spartan
Triple Sparty
Robert J Sakimano
pulling69
CORNER BLITZ
CheesySpartan
MSU addict
MattyFresh
tGreenWay
Death Roe
33 posters

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 13 Empty Re: The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

Post by The Pantry Sun 11 Feb - 13:25

MSU addict wrote:The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 13 Ribroa10

What exactly about this picture makes you want to try this DWags?
Was wondering the same thing. Also, no pics after cutting into the thing.

Will probably taste fine but that method for that cut is something you could not pay me to do.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 13 Empty Re: The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

Post by MSU addict Sun 11 Feb - 16:08

The Pantry wrote:
MSU addict wrote:The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 13 Ribroa10

What exactly about this picture makes you want to try this DWags?
Was wondering the same thing.  Also, no pics after cutting into the thing.

Will probably taste fine but that method for that cut is something you could not pay me to do.
To each his own, but I am of the opinion you eat as much with your eyes as you do with your mouth.

Besides the obvious it is not going to look very good IMO it just the wrong way to cook this cut of meat.  Yes, chuck roast - low and slow.  Prime rib is pretty much devoid of connective tissue and collagen - low and slow is not they way to go.

Last edited by MSU addict on Sun 11 Feb - 16:15; edited 1 time in total
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 11 Feb - 16:11

Too late. It’s done. I’m trying it. I’ll try anything once.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 11 Feb - 16:12

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 13 Xvjpg
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 11 Feb - 16:12

[img][/img]The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 13 2afhk3q
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 11 Feb - 16:13

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 13 Xmn7l3
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 11 Feb - 16:14

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 13 6todpg
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 11 Feb - 16:15

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 13 2uttf1d
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 11 Feb - 16:18

My wife takes the left overs tomorrow and makes unbelievable French dip. We’ve always tried different stuff. I agree with you as far as eating with your eyes. I also like a nice bark on it. That won’t happen.

I’ll also probably ruin one when I deep fry it this spring. But I’m trying it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Feb - 16:24

DWags wrote:My wife takes the left overs tomorrow and makes unbelievable French dip. We’ve always tried different stuff. I agree with you as far as eating with your eyes. I also like a nice bark on it. That won’t happen.

I'm with ya Wags - experimenting is fun.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 11 Feb - 16:53

DWags wrote:Too late. It’s done. I’m trying it. I’ll try anything once.
Did you take a pic cutting into it after it was done?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Sun 11 Feb - 16:54

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:My wife takes the left overs tomorrow and makes unbelievable French dip. We’ve always tried different stuff. I agree with you as far as eating with your eyes. I also like a nice bark on it. That won’t happen.

Experimenting is fun, but experimenting on a nice piece of meat borders on criminal behavior.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 11 Feb - 17:00

The Pantry wrote:
DWags wrote:Too late. It’s done. I’m trying it. I’ll try anything once.
Did you take a pic cutting into it after it was done?

I will. It will be around 8 tonight.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 11 Feb - 17:10

DWags wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Did you take a pic cutting into it after it was done?

What are you using to monitor the internal temp?

Find it a little odd the recipe says 135 for M-R. I normally pull it at 125.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sun 11 Feb - 17:21

LooseGoose wrote:

Are we talking about Wags’ hot wife here?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 11 Feb - 17:26

The Pantry wrote:
DWags wrote:

I’ll open the lid and shove a thermometer in.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Feb - 17:28

DWags wrote:
The Pantry wrote:What are you using to monitor the internal temp?

^^^^ Old guy code.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Sun 11 Feb - 17:34

Pulled some garden hot peppers our of the freezer (I honestly don't remember what they are...Serrano or jalepeno)... I asked tWife to put some in my pasties.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 11 Feb - 17:37

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 13 200w
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 11 Feb - 17:47

SawGreen wrote:Pulled some garden hot peppers our of the freezer (I honestly don't remember what they are...Serrano or jalepeno)... I asked tWife to put some in my pasties.
Now, that's what I call "experimenting". Can put them in some of the pasties to try without screwing up the entire batch.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Sun 11 Feb - 18:23

The Pantry wrote:
DWags wrote:

I will.  It will be around 8 tonight.

Find it a little odd the recipe says 135 for M-R.  I normally pull it at 125.
125 is generally considered rare, medium rare 130-135.  You will have some carryover but cooking at 190 degrees (slow cooker on low) I doubt you will have much, even on a large piece of meat.

That said, the old school thermometer pictured in that recipe is enough to make me think twice about trusting anything they say.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 13 Thermo10

I do hope it turns out for you though DWags.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 11 Feb - 18:56

DWags wrote:
The Pantry wrote:What are you using to monitor the internal temp?

Supposedly, every time you remove the lid from a slow cooker you need to add 15 minutes to the cook time
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 11 Feb - 19:03

The Pantry wrote:
DWags wrote:

Supposedly, every time you remove the lid from a slow cooker you need to add 15 minutes to the cook time

There’s actually a hole in the lid.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 11 Feb - 19:03

DWags wrote:The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 13 2uttf1d

Bump.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 11 Feb - 19:21

Had not noticed that before. My KitchenAid doesn't have that.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Sun 11 Feb - 19:23

Doesn't even look close to being done yet....Nowhere near as grey as the recipe pics.... I bet that thing is sitting at a warm 100-110 right now. Youll need to finish in the microwave for sure.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 11 Feb - 20:13

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 13 Rjpk48
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 11 Feb - 21:00

Flavored was good. Wine might have been over powering to me, but wife enjoyed it. Was tender and it looked alright when we cut it. It was gray on the outside with no bark. Addict is completely right, part of the eating experience is visual. Veggies in it were outstanding. I enjoyed it, but won’t do it again. I’m thinking the French dip sandwiches taste like wine tomorrow too. I did enjoy it, but wouldn’t recommend it. I will deep fry one now and be one experimenting with prime rib.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed 21 Feb - 18:19

Boom

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 13 20180213
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed 21 Feb - 22:20

Nordic wrote:Boom

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 13 20180213
Very nice, if those are thick cut boneless pork chops. Hope you pulled them at 140.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Feb - 21:01

If anyone here is looking for a machine we can get a review from addict.....

Ad doesn't give a make and model.

http://www.1bid.us/cgi-bin/mmlist.cgi?onebid20/530

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 13 3237

Commercial Popcorn Machine, Only Used Once, Works Great, Stainless Steel, Two Cases of Premixed Popcorn And Butter, Popcorn Baskets, Boxes Of Waxed Papers, Unit 15"W x 18"D x 24"H, *Sells With Owners Confirmation*
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Thu 22 Feb - 22:22

You want a popcorn machine goose, here you go...

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 13 Popcor10

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 13 Popcor11

$139.77 which I believe includes shipping.  

MSU Popcorn Machine (edited link)

Last edited by MSU addict on Fri 23 Feb - 10:01; edited 1 time in total
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Feb - 22:38

MSU addict wrote:You want a popcorn machine goose, here you go...

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 13 Popcor10

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 13 Popcor11

$139.77 which I believe includes shipping.  

MSU Popcorn Machine

Nah, I don't eat enough to justify one. I list them here when I see one because I know there was some interest.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Thu 22 Feb - 22:49

FWIW, those two machines are quite similar, other than the paint job. Both are made in China and are a not the greatest quality, but would be fine for home use.

My guess on the one you linked would be an unbranded version of the Great Northern Popcorn Foundation popper. They are selling it with some 8oz premixed popcorn, but it looks like a 6oz kettle to me. They make that same machine in both kettles sizes, but again that looks like a 6oz kettle to me. It is probably smaller than you think - 15x17x24. You could put the 8oz packets in a 6 oz machine without much problem.

The MSU popper is a bigger cabinet.

New the auction machine goes for about $150. That popcorn goes for about $30 a case, but it looks like it has a best by date of January 2009. Which tells you the machine was also purchased around 10 years ago.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Thu 22 Feb - 22:57

LooseGoose wrote:Nah, I don't eat enough to justify one.  I list them here when I see one because I know there was some interest.  
I only posted it here for the same reason.  It is a good deal at $140.  I only saw it because I recognized the one you posted as a Great Northern Machine and was looking on their website.  The auction one is probably 10 years old so I could not find an exact match.  I would be willing to bet it was an unbranded version of the Great Northern bought on eBay around 10 years ago.

The current bid is more than it is worth, IMO.

The pictures on the website are TERRIBLE for ID purposes.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Feb - 23:21

MSU addict wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Nah, I don't eat enough to justify one.  I list them here when I see one because I know there was some interest.  
I only posted it here for the same reason.  It is a good deal at $140.  I only saw it because I recognized the one you posted as a Great Northern Machine and was looking on their website.  The auction one is probably 10 years old so I could not find an exact match.  I would be willing to bet it was an unbranded version of the Great Northern bought on eBay around 10 years ago.

The current bid is more than it is worth, IMO.

The pictures on the website are TERRIBLE for ID purposes.

The Spartan one is cool. Son #2's birthday is coming up, I should see if he wants one for his currently being created man/biker cave.

Both sons bought Harleys last summer so now they're creating a hangout. I'm not welcome there for now because I give shit about being gangsters. Lol.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Fri 23 Feb - 9:59

My apologies, I posted a bad link earlier.

If anyone wants to buy the MSU popcorn machine:

http://www.greatnorthernpopcorn.com/michigan-state-university-msu-spartans-8oz-great-northern-popcorn-machine-table/

If I did not already have a popcorn machine, I would buy that one.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 23 Feb - 10:11

I'm considering buying it just because I like the way it looks and this one that Goose helped me buy is fairly used and beaten up. It would look much better in my basement.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Feb - 10:30

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm considering buying it just because I like the way it looks and this one that Goose helped me buy is fairly used and beaten up. It would look much better in my basement.

Based on the price this one is at just drop yours off at the auction joint in Bay City the next time you go north and you'll get your $$ back.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 23 Feb - 20:38

So msu addict, how does that thing compare to the CL2085 or whatever it is that I have from Sam's? I am damn tempted to buy it and donate the one I have to my kids elementary school.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next