The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

Re: The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

Post by DWags on 6/14/2018, 3:02 pm

By the way, the last three months or so, I’m going with the Kroger butcher over Ninos. Fruit and produce has taken a step back though

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 6/14/2018, 3:29 pm

No lamb. I haven't taken delivery of the ceramic yet. I need to get that set up.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 6/14/2018, 5:55 pm

Very few grocers make lamb kabobs. Pisses me off.
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 6/14/2018, 9:56 pm

The Pantry wrote:Very few grocers make lamb kabobs.  Pisses me off.

So, my best story of Lamb is my buddy, who is 100% greek.  His family has owned the Clawson steak house forever.   They'd always roast a whole lamb in April.  Anyway, they'd always do it at his house which is right next to the clawson steak house, then take it to the steak house and cut it up for the family party.  Well, one time their cousins in Columbus wanted the party.  Only fair.  Part of the family thing is gathering around the lamb while it's roasting and rotating and having a good time.  My friends would always have the whole lamb delivered to the Clawson steak house.  Not down there, they found in Columbus you could order a whole lamb to Kroger.   You just had to tell them when you wanted it and go get it.  They did.   He said the butcher shop was in the back of the store, and him and his cousin go in, grab the thing which is wrapped in a clear big bag and they're walking through the store with it to the check out counter.  One kid started crying and a lady screamed.  Not too funny, but if I had half a buzz on it would be pretty funny hauling one of those through a store going to the check out counter with it.

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 6/14/2018, 10:08 pm

Hell they have them hanging in the refrigerated cooler aisles in Costco. That is pretty funny, though.

Pantry, you should check this place out. I don't know if they have lamb kabobs but if anywhere does they might. This place is hilarious. I told my Dad, I've never been to the old country but when I stepped into this place I felt like I was in the old country. They definitely had whole lambs hanging in the back by the butcher.

https://goo.gl/maps/HPiknDGQFB42

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 6/14/2018, 10:13 pm

Today's kabob lunch in the first 2 pics. A prime strip steak I made for lunch the other day in the other one. That was tasty.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 6/14/2018, 10:38 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Today's kabob lunch in the first 2 pics. A prime strip steak I made for lunch the other day in the other one. That was tasty.

your lunches are way better than most of my dinners.

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 6/14/2018, 10:47 pm

Pantry, try Saad down in Eastern Market.   You can pre order.   Halal meats.  They have Lamb. Their menu doesn't say lamb kabobs, only beef, but you can call and pre-order.  It's a pretty good deal.

Saad meats Halal

get some lamb brain

Disclaimer, I've only walked past it a while back.  But I recall some stories from my wife's friends that say it's  a good market/was a good market.   So, you're taking your own flyer here.

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 on 6/15/2018, 1:14 am

Find your local Halal grocery/meat shop and you will be set.
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 6/15/2018, 6:19 pm

DWags wrote:

So, my best story of Lamb is my buddy, who is 100% greek.  His family has owned the Clawson steak house forever.   They'd always roast a whole lamb in April.  Anyway, they'd always do it at his house which is right next to the clawson steak house, then take it to the steak house and cut it up for the family party.  Well, one time their cousins in Columbus wanted the party.  Only fair.  Part of the family thing is gathering around the lamb while it's roasting and rotating and having a good time.  My friends would always have the whole lamb delivered to the Clawson steak house.  Not down there, they found in Columbus you could order a whole lamb to Kroger.   You just had to tell them when you wanted it and go get it.  They did.   He said the butcher shop was in the back of the store, and him and his cousin go in, grab the thing which is wrapped in a clear big bag and they're walking through the store with it to the check out counter.  One kid started crying and a lady screamed.  Not too funny, but if I had half a buzz on it would be pretty funny hauling one of those through a store going to the check out counter with it.
Did they own it when that chick that worked there flew her Yugo off the Mackinac Bridge?

Friend lived in Rochester Hills and had a pig roast every summer. He got tied up at work the one Friday and asked me to pick up the pig that afternoon. There use to be a slaughter house in Utica. Real shit hole that stunk like hell. Paid and pulled my car around to a side door. Hundreds of slaughtered pigs inside. Flies. Just fucking nasty. They wheelbarrowed out a pig wrapped in plastic and hoisted it in the hatch of my brand new Z-28. Was a nice day so I'd pulled off the T-tops and left them at my apartment. Got on M-59 and hit the gas. The plastic whipping in the wind was making so much noise couldn't hear the radio so I slowed down. Other vehicles started passing me. Some honked and were pointing and laughing. Others honked and gave me a thumbs up. Looked in the rearview mirror and saw four pig legs pointing straight up, no longer in the plastic wrap.
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 6/15/2018, 6:22 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Hell they have them hanging in the refrigerated cooler aisles in Costco. That is pretty funny, though.

Pantry, you should check this place out. I don't know if they have lamb kabobs but if anywhere does they might. This place is hilarious. I told my Dad, I've never been to the old country but when I stepped into this place I felt like I was in the old country. They definitely had whole lambs hanging in the back by the butcher.

https://goo.gl/maps/HPiknDGQFB42
Never heard of it. Will check out.
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 6/15/2018, 6:31 pm

DWags wrote:Pantry, try Saad down in Eastern Market.   You can pre order.   Halal meats.  They have Lamb. Their menu doesn't say lamb kabobs, only beef, but you can call and pre-order.  It's a pretty good deal.

Saad meats Halal

get some lamb brain

Disclaimer, I've only walked past it a while back.  But I recall some stories from my wife's friends that say it's  a good market/was a good market.   So, you're taking your own flyer here.
Cooking for one, I've gotten too lazy to drive to Eastern Market.
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 6/15/2018, 6:36 pm

pulling69 wrote:

Find your local Halal grocery/meat shop and you will be set.
Plenty of Halal meat shops around here. None of them you can walk into and get kabobs...lamb or otherwise.
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Today at 5:40 pm

Rice almond salad with chicken from Al Kabob (formerly Beirut Palace)...$8.  Delicious. Could only eat maybe a third at lunch...the rest is lunch tomorrow.

The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum