Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stop this travesty! March on Washington!

+15
I.B. Fine
Dendrobates
xsanguine
aualum06
WhiteBoyHatcher
GRR Spartan
Tim Wakefield
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
NigelUno
Death Roe
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
Turtleneck
19 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Stop this travesty! March on Washington! - Page 4 Empty Re: Stop this travesty! March on Washington!

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-23, 22:00

holy fuck. what a lost cause. the guy is back to talking about women's clothing and their entertainment. we know where this went last time. i'm out. smh.

Last edited by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2017-01-23, 22:01; edited 1 time in total
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Stop this travesty! March on Washington! - Page 4 Empty Re: Stop this travesty! March on Washington!

Post by Cameron 2017-01-23, 22:01

DWags wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I wouldn't ever say that a woman's choice to wear or not wear a hijab should have any impact on her civil rights, but it does seem a little incongruous to be marching for women's rights while wearing a hijab, no?

I prefer not to judge any religious dress. Makes or females hats jewelry or coverings. Not my business.

See, I think it's fun to judge such things. Religious people wear some ridiculous shit. But this instance seems a little more substantial than that to me. It gets down to what a hijab is/represents. Maybe you see it differently, but to me hijabs seem like a symbol of inequality and oppression, designed to keep women anonymous and silent. Perhaps that is the disconnect here, what are your attitudes about hijabs?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-23, 22:03

I'm more curious about his views on kippahs.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-23, 22:04

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:holy fuck. what a lost cause. the guy is back to talking about women's clothing and their entertainment. we know where this went last time. i'm out. smh.

No one wanted to waste a great opportunity for obnoxious virtue signaling, OTPT.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-01-23, 22:04

LooseGoose wrote:Stop this travesty! March on Washington! - Page 4 C25hJL8UsAA6ZYC

You complain about people putting words in your mouth, but then you post something like this with no commentary, and people are left to their inferences about your intent and what you're trying to convey here.

So what do you mean by this? Are women who dress/act a certain way precluded from making negative value judgments about certain political figures? Has Meryl Streep dressed in disqualifying way, or should she keep her mouth shut for reasons other than her wardrobe?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-23, 22:16

Cameron wrote:
DWags wrote:

I prefer not to judge any religious dress. Makes or females hats jewelry or coverings. Not my business.

See, I think it's fun to judge such things. Religious people wear some ridiculous shit. But this instance seems a little more substantial than that to me. It gets down to what a hijab is/represents. Maybe you see it differently, but to me hijabs seem like a symbol of inequality and oppression, designed to keep women anonymous and silent. Perhaps that is the disconnect here, what are your attitudes about hijabs?

Ok. Judge this. I'm interested. Especially the bold.

Muslim women choose to wear the hijab or other coverings for a variety of reasons. Some women wear the hijab because they believe that God has instructed women to wear it as a means of fulfilling His commandment for modesty. For these women, wearing hijab is a personal choice that is made after puberty and is intended to reflect one’s personal devotion to God. In many cases, the wearing of a headscarf is often accompanied by the wearing of loose-fitting, non-revealing clothing, also referred to as hijab.

While some Muslim women do not perceive the hijab to be obligatory to their faith, other Muslim women wear the hijab as a means of visibly expressing their Muslim identity (Haddad, et al, 2006). In the United States, particularly since 9/11, the hijab is perceived to be synonymous with Islam. Some Muslim women choose to appropriate this stereotype and wear the hijab to declare their Islamic identity and provide witness of their faith. Unfortunately this association has also occasionally resulted in the violent assaults of Muslim women wearing hijab.

I'm assuming that you'd rather they deny their religion and faith?

Also you don't think they wore that because there had been some attacks on them for doing so?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-01-23, 22:41

DWags wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Ok. Judge this. I'm interested. Especially the bold.

Muslim women choose to wear the hijab or other coverings for a variety of reasons. Some women wear the hijab because they believe that God has instructed women to wear it as a means of fulfilling His commandment for modesty. For these women, wearing hijab is a personal choice that is made after puberty and is intended to reflect one’s personal devotion to God. In many cases, the wearing of a headscarf is often accompanied by the wearing of loose-fitting, non-revealing clothing, also referred to as hijab.

While some Muslim women do not perceive the hijab to be obligatory to their faith, other Muslim women wear the hijab as a means of visibly expressing their Muslim identity (Haddad, et al, 2006). In the United States, particularly since 9/11, the hijab is perceived to be synonymous with Islam. Some Muslim women choose to appropriate this stereotype and wear the hijab to declare their Islamic identity and provide witness of their faith. Unfortunately this association has also occasionally resulted in the violent assaults of Muslim women wearing hijab.

I'm assuming that you'd rather they deny their religion and faith?

Also you don't think they wore that because there had been some attacks on them for doing so?

"I'm assuming that you'd rather they deny their religion and faith?"

Correct, I would. Failing that, I'd like them to be part of the movement to modernize their stupid religion and make the more liberal interpretations into mainstream Islam.

"Also you don't think they wore that because there had been some attacks on them for doing so?"

I had not considered that. If that was the impetus, then it makes sense to me.

I of course would never condone attacking women wearing hijabs, physically or otherwise. But I do think that the practice is anachronistic and stupid, and the people who have bought into it have all either been brainwashed or somehow coerced. For the record, I feel mostly the same about yarmulkes, the difference being that yarmulkes don't seem oppressive to me, just really silly.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-23, 22:44

Cameron wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Stop this travesty! March on Washington! - Page 4 C25hJL8UsAA6ZYC

You complain about people putting words in your mouth, but then you post something like this with no commentary, and people are left to their inferences about your intent and what you're trying to convey here.

So what do you mean by this? Are women who dress/act a certain way precluded from making negative value judgments about certain political figures? Has Meryl Streep dressed in disqualifying way, or should she keep her mouth shut for reasons other than her wardrobe?

it's the same poster who listed dressing more conservatively as a step for girls lessening their chance of getting raped.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-23, 23:06

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Cameron wrote:

it's the same poster who listed dressing more conservatively as a step for girls lessening their chance of getting raped.

Argument deleted. Why bother with a young know it all. Have a daughter or two and raise them, then let me know what you think.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-01-23, 23:42

If you raise some daughters, you'll agree that if they get raped they probably could have worn some more conservative clothing and maybe not gotten raped.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-01-24, 00:11

Rocinante wrote:If you raise some daughters, you'll agree that if they get raped they probably could have worn some more conservative clothing and maybe not gotten raped.

Raised a daughter who knew to stick her thumbs into the eye sockets of anyone who accosted her and how to drve the 5" phillips screw driver that was stuck between the drvers seat and console or if walking cheap Bic pen in the soft spot of the skull just behind either eye. She also knew that you always stay in groups/ buddy system in college bars.

Goose confuses marketing entertainment and titalation with sex. One might think the West MI Christian Taliban opened up a Mio branch. The entertainment can't be so awful. A number of entertainers get big six figure fees to do concerts for Arab royal family members in places like Dubai.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-01-24, 06:45

man those rich white women were pissed!

t
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-24, 11:52

Rocinante wrote:If you raise some daughters, you'll agree that if they get raped they probably could have worn some more conservative clothing and maybe not gotten raped.

Jesus, this whole process has really brought the worst out.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-24, 12:13

'but, I'll be damned, if we'll let these women march because they're tired of having to do such things. Why bring attention to the fact that sometimes they're beaten because of the clothes they wear, or in some muslims women's case, the things they don't wear. Or that men believe it's the woman's responsibility to dress so they won't get raped. Matter of fact, lets just show a picture of Madonna grabbing her crotch because that has something to do with any of this stuff.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-24, 12:25

xsanguine wrote:

Don't criticize the lefties, it's all acceptable behavior when they're defending America.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-24, 12:28

ya know, I'm okay with our president being a sexual predator..

but when a washed up 80's pop star decides to open her big mouth, that's where I draw the line.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-24, 12:38

Antineoplastons wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

Raised a daughter who knew to stick her thumbs into the eye sockets of anyone who accosted her and how to drve the 5" phillips screw driver that was stuck between the drvers seat and console or if walking cheap Bic pen in the soft spot of the skull just behind either eye.

I'm gonna go on record and say that I highly doubt you taught your daughter how to drive a Bic pen into the soft spot of the skull just behind either eye.  What did she practice this death maneuver on, larger than life-size dolls?  Pumpkins?  Curious minds want to know....

I'm gonna go on record and say you don't have any daughters.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-24, 12:46

Stop this travesty! March on Washington! - Page 4 502811600
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-01-24, 13:05

You just can't make this stuff up. Stop this travesty! March on Washington! - Page 4 1550444538
How the Women's March's "genital-based" feminism isolated the transgender community
A friend told [trans woman Lillian] McDaniel about a protester they'd seen marching with a two-foot-tall hand-knit uterus. She was glad she stayed home.

"I think it ended up being a white cis women march," McDaniel said. "There were other marginalized communities there, but it didn't seem like they were the focus."

Forrey suggested that the saturation of vagina-related messages and imagery reinforced the same oppressive structures the march was meant to oppose, which was a loss for everyone.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-24, 13:54

Antineoplastons wrote:
DWags wrote:

I'm gonna go on record and say you don't have any daughters.

Right because EVERYONE who has had a daughter has obviously trained them in the art of murder by Bic pen

you've obviously never had a daughter. Just an observation. You may now go back to your exaggerations. World Flat, Games fixed. Nobody teaches self defense to daughters or has them take classes. All good.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-24, 14:18

Did I say that? You really exaggerate. Have you done that your whole life, or just on message boards?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-24, 14:52

Antineoplastons wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

Raised a daughter who knew to stick her thumbs into the eye sockets of anyone who accosted her and how to drve the 5" phillips screw driver that was stuck between the drvers seat and console or if walking cheap Bic pen in the soft spot of the skull just behind either eye.

I'm gonna go on record and say that I highly doubt you taught your daughter how to drive a Bic pen into the soft spot of the skull just behind either eye.  What did she practice this death maneuver on, larger than life-size dolls?  Pumpkins?  Curious minds want to know....

Pumpkins! Lmao Stop this travesty! March on Washington! - Page 4 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-24, 15:19

Antineoplastons wrote:
DWags wrote:Did I say that?   You really exaggerate.  Have you done that your whole life, or just on message boards?  

Here's how it went down.

GRR made a ridiculous claim.  I questioned its veracity.  You replied to my post tacitly believing him and in your defense of this conflated somebody teaching their kid how to defend themselves by attempting to kill somebody with screwdrivers and writing instruments to being tantamount to teaching your daughter ( and why does it matter if it's a daughter or son, sounds like sexism to me...) "self-defense". Seems pretty straightforward to me and I would assume anybody else objectively reading it

Don't know if he exaggerated or not. I know you do. However, I'd research R.A.D. programs in your area. Specifically, the self defense and the best part key chain defense courses against rape. UofM Flint had some exceptional ones. I know I'm talking to a know it all and that others around don't live life, we only let it go by us so you can tell us what happened, but if you can step off your high horse and read about some things that dont' include flat earth or made up films on you tube, you might actually educate yourself. I can't speak for GRR, but I know the R.A.D. classes are well attended. But then again, what do I know.

I think about 1 million girls have now gone through them.

Not the flat earth and maybe just another hoax.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-24, 16:15

Antineoplastons wrote:
DWags wrote:

Don't know if he exaggerated or not.  I know you do.   However, I'd research  R.A.D. programs in your area.  Specifically, the self defense and the best part key chain defense courses against rape.   UofM Flint had some exceptional ones.   I know I'm talking to a know it all and that others around don't live life, we only let it go by us so you can tell us what happened, but if you can step off your high horse and read about some things that dont' include flat earth or made up films on you tube, you might actually educate yourself.  I can't speak for GRR, but I know the R.A.D. classes are well attended.  But then again, what do I know.  

I think about 1 million girls have now gone through them.  

Not the flat earth and maybe just another hoax.  

From your link:

"These Instructors in turn, will provide educational opportunities for women, children, men
and seniors to create a safer future for themselves.".....hmmm, not sure what this has to do with women.

I'm well-educated, thanks for your concern.  If you're gonna train your daughter to kill somebody in self-defense, which is exactly what GRR implied, that's a tad different than what most self-defense courses teach correct?  I'm sure if I browse your website I won't come across any classes that claim to turn your daughter into a trained assassin.  Therefore if I cared about my daughter to the point where I wanted her to kill her attacker I would buy her a gun as I would imagine it'd be emotionally easier to pull the trigger of a gun than to stab somebody in the brain with a screwdriver, thus giving her a better chance of survival.  But what do I know seeing as I don't have a daughter LOL

Well, there you go. Shocked you'd know just what to do. It has to be so hard constantly telling people what they should do or what they really did after they did it. Especially since you don't really do shit.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-24, 16:29

Antineoplastons wrote:
DWags wrote:

Well, there you go.  Shocked you'd know just what to do.  It has to be so hard constantly telling people what they should do or what they really did after they did it. Especially since you don't really do shit.

Yeah because I'm obviously holding such a minority position of NOT training my daughter to stab and kill an attacker in the skull with a screwdriver in the act of self-defense  Stop this travesty! March on Washington! - Page 4 1f602

This guy LOL
I've taught mine to push them off the edge of the earth and film it for YouTube.

(Didn't know there were rape self defense courses Stop this travesty! March on Washington! - Page 4 502811600)
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-24, 16:50

Antineoplastons wrote:
DWags wrote:

Well, there you go.  Shocked you'd know just what to do.  It has to be so hard constantly telling people what they should do or what they really did after they did it. Especially since you don't really do shit.

Yeah because I'm obviously holding such a minority position of NOT training my daughter to stab and kill an attacker in the skull with a screwdriver in the act of self-defense  Stop this travesty! March on Washington! - Page 4 1f602

This guy LOL

As long as it's not with a gun, amirite?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-01-24, 19:48

LooseGoose wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Don't criticize the lefties, it's all acceptable behavior when they're defending America.

Now we're back to lefties?

Remember a few months back when I suggested a demonstration how internet rumors get started and you went apeshit when I suggested using Mio?

Then we found out someone used a DC pizza place the DNC ordered pizza to start the same rumor?

You want to order around my wife, daughter, sisters and call me and others "lefties" like we are somehow less than Americans?  Fuck off.  

You can join your pal Trump and his pal Putin at a Russian Orthodox Church and plan how to keep women in their place.  

You want to throw your weight around bullying  wmen in your family, in Mio and Oscoda County and they let you, then I can't help that.  

There ae millions of women who aren't willing to go back to what you think were the good old days.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-01-24, 20:37

OK now that is pretty fucking funny lol!
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-01-24, 23:36

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/jan/24/journalists-charged-felonies-trump-inauguration-unrest

Journalists and photographers arrested at the protests in DC, being charged with felony rioting. What a fucking joke.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-28, 12:50

Stop this travesty! March on Washington! - Page 4 Trump-Haters
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-28, 12:50

Stop this travesty! March on Washington! - Page 4 Madonna-Hypocrisy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-28, 13:06

LooseGoose wrote:Stop this travesty! March on Washington! - Page 4 Madonna-Hypocrisy

You really don't get the difference do you? I'm not going to explain it. You'll go to your grave not understanding it. So be it. It's actually funny in a pathetic way Neanderthals on the right don't get it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-28, 13:12

Those are some dumb fucking photos. Man people are just mind blowingly dumb still. Scary stuff.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4