President Tweets at it again

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

President Tweets at it again

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-01-22, 11:41

Really unifying the country Donnie. Keep up the good work.

This is going to be a four year long clown show.

Trump claims media 'dishonest' over crowd photos - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38707722
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Re: President Tweets at it again

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-01-22, 11:49

Oh crap, wrong board. Can a mod help me out? Thanks.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-01-22, 12:02

Kelly Conway just said they used "alternate facts" for their interpretation of crowd size on meet the press. Real 1984 type shit. It's scary.

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2017-01-22, 12:04

He must have gotten his wrist slapped by someone, he had a semi Presidential follow up tweet about the protests after he initially mocked them. At least that's what I read on Detnews.com

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates on 2017-01-22, 12:22

What I still boggles my mind (which is a lot with Trunp) was that he's the one blowing this up and making a big issue (like he does with every stupid fucking thing). If asked about the crowd size , he should have said....he was disappointed by those whom didn't attend but he's going to unite the country..blah blah blah. Then this discussion would be over with. It still amazes me that he can't admit when he's wrong or be the "bigger man" with everything. He's going to be providing so much ammunition for everyone to make fun of him the next 4 years. At least we will have lots of humor.
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-01-22, 12:43

DWags wrote:Kelly Conway just said they used "alternate facts" for their interpretation of crowd size on meet the press. Real 1984 type shit. It's scary.

Yes, I wet my pants too, then I bought more guns.

lol.....did you worry at all about Madonna considering bombing the White House? Would you have not reacted to that had she said it after Obama was elected?

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-01-22, 12:47

Goose at it yet again with the "Yeah, buts". I know this is futile, but please start your own thread if you want to talk about fucking Madonna.

If you have anything to add to the topic of this thread, please do so now.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-01-22, 13:02

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Goose at it yet again with the "Yeah, buts". I know this is futile, but please start your own thread if you want to talk about fucking Madonna.

If you have anything to add to the topic of this thread, please do so now.

I'm too scared of these great women to start threads.

So proud of them.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-01-22, 13:52

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Really unifying the country Donnie. Keep up the good work.

Trump claims media 'dishonest' over crowd photos - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38707722

Golly gee.....amazing that the NYT might have worked to make Trump look bad.

It seems they were comparing crowd sizes from much different times. Sort of like those pics from Spartan Stadium an hour before game time.

Brit Hume Calls BS on Trump and Obama Inauguration Pics--Claims There's a Deceptive Trick to Photos

Using CNN's Gigapixel tool, one can get a much better picture of the Inauguration Day crowd at the time Trump is speaking.

Here is a shot of the crowd running up to the Washington Monument:

Now, let's zoom in to see those white sections that appear in the tweeted photo. What we find are sections that are blocked off by gates:

It appears Brit Hume could be right: The photos being spread comparing the Obama and Trump Inaugural Addresses seem to show the latter below peak attendance.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-01-22, 13:59

Thanks Goose for getting back to the topic of the thread. That's all I ask.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-01-22, 14:06

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Thanks Goose for getting back to the topic of the thread. That's all I ask.

No matter what you think of Trump do this. Look at the picture above and tell me if you were standing where he was that you wouldn't have seen the crowd as extending to the Washington monument. That's what Trump said and has been mocked for. Looking at the NYT pictures I wondered how the hell he could even make that claim. Looking at these and other pictures taken from the actual inauguration platform I can see where it looked that way.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-01-22, 14:15

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Really unifying the country Donnie. Keep up the good work.

It seems they were comparing crowd sizes from much different times. Sort of like those pics from Spartan Stadium an hour before game time.

Brit Hume Calls BS on Trump and Obama Inauguration Pics--Claims There's a Deceptive Trick to Photos

Using CNN's Gigapixel tool, one can get a much better picture of the Inauguration Day crowd at the time Trump is speaking.

Here is a shot of the crowd running up to the Washington Monument:

Now, let's zoom in to see those white sections that appear in the tweeted photo. What we find are sections that are blocked off by gates:

It appears Brit Hume could be right: The photos being spread comparing the Obama and Trump Inaugural Addresses seem to show the latter below peak attendance.

Wait are you the guy who said it was a lock for crowd record on 1/21/09 but now that you've got talking points from the alt right you're saying wait I fucked up yesterday?

You're so full of it. Make up your mind.

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates on 2017-01-22, 14:18

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Thanks Goose for getting back to the topic of the thread. That's all I ask.

No matter what you think of Trump do this. Look at the picture above and tell me if you were standing where he was that you wouldn't have seen the crowd as extending to the Washington monument. That's what Trump said and has been mocked for. Looking at the NYT pictures I wondered how the hell he could even make that claim. Looking at these and other pictures taken from the actual inauguration platform I can see where it looked that way.

He's being criticized because he's making a big deal by lying about the numbers because his ego is hurt. So he should say, it looked like a lot to me, but I guess I was wrong. But hey.... alternative facts
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-01-22, 14:27

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Wait are you the guy who said it was a lock for crowd record on 1/21/09 but now that you've got talking points from the alt right you're saying wait I fucked up yesterday?

Goddamit you're in a crotchety mood. Show me where I said it was a record crowd??? Jesus Christ. I fucking said that looking at those pictures you could see how he thought the crowd went to the Washington Monument. Please try to not let your blind anger wreck your reading comprehension skills.

Once again you're fishing for something to be outraged about.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-01-22, 14:29

Dendrobates wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

No matter what you think of Trump do this.  Look at the picture above and tell me if you were standing where he was that you wouldn't have seen the crowd as extending to the Washington monument.   That's what Trump said and has been mocked for.   Looking at the NYT pictures I wondered how the hell he could even make that claim.   Looking at these and other pictures taken from the actual inauguration platform I can see where it looked that way.

He's being criticized because he's making a big deal by lying about the numbers because his ego is hurt. So he should say, it looked like a lot to me, but I guess I was wrong. But hey.... alternative facts

Yep, and either he or his spokesman slipped an "out" in there last night or yesterday later.   They used the word "viewed" by a record number of people.   And before Wags loses his mind, I agree that's a weasel out from his initial statement.   But using Attendees, TV viewing here, TV viewing around the world and online viewing they *might* be right because of expanded online capabilities.

But even if true that's not a record in attendance.

Last edited by LooseGoose on 2017-01-22, 14:30; edited 1 time in total

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-01-22, 14:30

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

Goddamit you're in a crotchety mood. Show me where I said it was a record crowd??? Jesus Christ. I fucking said that looking at those pictures you could see how he thought the crowd went to the Washington Monument. Please try to not let your blind anger wreck your reading comprehension skills.

If that's what you said, apologies.

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-01-22, 14:32

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

If that's what you said, apologies.

I love you too.

IF it comes out that the NYT was really posting "comparison" pictures of the crowds from different times it's just going to be another nail in their coffin for objectivity.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-01-22, 14:40

That librah Chris Wallace said he was there. He's such a liar.

Lying Chris Wallace the damn librah claims he was there and his eyes saw gaps. Liar!

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-01-22, 14:49

lol, and back and forth.

From Entertainment Weekly - Obviously a rag in the tank for Trump.

Trump inauguration ratings second biggest in 36 years

Donald Trump’s inauguration ratings were the second-highest in 36 years, according to Nielsen.

The swearing-in of the 45th president was seen by 30.6 million viewers across 12 networks.

The only inauguration over the last three decades that tops Trump’s number in the linear ratings? Barack Obama’s first inauguration back in 2009, which had a record-setting 37.8 million viewers. So Trump was down from the last new president to take office.

But before that, to get an Inauguration Day number this high, you’d have to go all the way back to Ronald Reagan in 1981, who was seen by 41.8 million viewers (Nielsen released tracking for inauguration ratings back to 1969).

Trump’s numbers are all the more remarkable considering he’s entering into office with rather low approval ratings compared to past presidents and sparked protests worldwide along with vows to not watch his inauguration.

And actually, Trump could have been seen by more viewers than either Obama or Reagan. Nielsen ratings do not account for online viewing, which has grown sharply in recent years and is far more commonplace than even four years ago. CNN.com, for example, clocked 16.9 million live streams, tying with its Election Day coverage for the site’s top event (live stream tallies are typically not apples-to-apples with Nielsen’s strict methodology of counting average viewers, but are still additive). Plus, portals like YouTube, Facebook and Twitter offered live streams as well.

Bolded fits with the "viewed" narrative.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-01-22, 15:03

LooseGoose wrote:lol, and back and forth.

Donald Trump’s inauguration ratings were the second-highest in 36 years, according to Nielsen.

The swearing-in of the 45th president was seen by 30.6 million viewers across 12 networks.

The only inauguration over the last three decades that tops Trump’s number in the linear ratings? Barack Obama’s first inauguration back in 2009, which had a record-setting 37.8 million viewers. So Trump was down from the last new president to take office.

But before that, to get an Inauguration Day number this high, you’d have to go all the way back to Ronald Reagan in 1981, who was seen by 41.8 million viewers (Nielsen released tracking for inauguration ratings back to 1969).

Trump’s numbers are all the more remarkable considering he’s entering into office with rather low approval ratings compared to past presidents and sparked protests worldwide along with vows to not watch his inauguration.

And actually, Trump could have been seen by more viewers than either Obama or Reagan. Nielsen ratings do not account for online viewing, which has grown sharply in recent years and is far more commonplace than even four years ago. CNN.com, for example, clocked 16.9 million live streams, tying with its Election Day coverage for the site’s top event (live stream tallies are typically not apples-to-apples with Nielsen’s strict methodology of counting average viewers, but are still additive). Plus, portals like YouTube, Facebook and Twitter offered live streams as well.

Are you talking ratings or attendance? Trump was talking attendance
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-01-22, 16:21

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:lol, and back and forth.

I know he was at 1st. Then as I stated above they've tried to modify that to "witnessed" or "viewed". IF you accept that change of terms then there is a chance they're right. And again as I stated above I know that's not what was originally said, that they inserted that weasel into the narrative afterward.

Head of Trump’s inauguration committee: The confusion over crowd size came from me

All of which makes the media appearances in the last 24 hours by Tom Barrack, head of Trump’s inauguration committee, surprising. Barrack told Chuck Todd this morning and Anderson Cooper last night that the estimate of 1.5 million at the inauguration came from him. He never explicitly says that was wrong (although he does say “Thank goodness the Senate didn’t confirm me as the statistical warrior and analytical king of counting crowds”), but his point, as I take it, is that Team Trump’s crowd count was partially distorted by the vantage point of looking out from the Capitol towards the Lincoln Memorial, which makes the lawn appear completely packed even if it isn’t. The estimate of 1.5 million was accurate from that vantage point, but not when you saw the shots from overhead. He also told Cooper that many attendees were late getting onto the lawn because of a wider security perimeter and the strain on police from dealing with the riots happening elsewhere in the city, which meant that even the overhead shots taken before Trump spoke didn’t accurately capture how many people ended up being there. The takeaway from all this, though, is less about how the numbers were calculated or why Barrack was wrong than the mere fact that he felt obliged to face the media and take heat for the confusion. It looks like he’s been tasked, or possibly volunteered, to be a fall guy for Trump and Spicer in smoothing this over. If you’re looking for some Trump functionary to back down on crowd size, here you go.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-01-22, 16:35

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

I know he was at 1st. Then as I stated above they've tried to modify that to "witnessed" or "viewed". IF you accept that change of terms then there is a chance they're right. And again as I stated above I know that's not what was originally said, that they inserted that weasel into the narrative afterward.

Head of Trump’s inauguration committee: The confusion over crowd size came from me

All of which makes the media appearances in the last 24 hours by Tom Barrack, head of Trump’s inauguration committee, surprising. Barrack told Chuck Todd this morning and Anderson Cooper last night that the estimate of 1.5 million at the inauguration came from him. He never explicitly says that was wrong (although he does say “Thank goodness the Senate didn’t confirm me as the statistical warrior and analytical king of counting crowds”), but his point, as I take it, is that Team Trump’s crowd count was partially distorted by the vantage point of looking out from the Capitol towards the Lincoln Memorial, which makes the lawn appear completely packed even if it isn’t. The estimate of 1.5 million was accurate from that vantage point, but not when you saw the shots from overhead. He also told Cooper that many attendees were late getting onto the lawn because of a wider security perimeter and the strain on police from dealing with the riots happening elsewhere in the city, which meant that even the overhead shots taken before Trump spoke didn’t accurately capture how many people ended up being there. The takeaway from all this, though, is less about how the numbers were calculated or why Barrack was wrong than the mere fact that he felt obliged to face the media and take heat for the confusion. It looks like he’s been tasked, or possibly volunteered, to be a fall guy for Trump and Spicer in smoothing this over. If you’re looking for some Trump functionary to back down on crowd size, here you go.

So in ur previous post were you talking attendance or ratings bob?

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-01-22, 17:35

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I know he was at 1st.   Then as I stated above they've tried to modify that to "witnessed" or "viewed".  IF you accept that change of terms then there is a chance they're right.   And again as I stated above I know that's not what was originally said, that they inserted that weasel into the narrative afterward.

If you go back and read them I've been very clear which I was talking about.   None of them were "hanging my hat" on ratings.   Ratings only came up in the context of how many people "viewed" or "witnessed" the ceremony.   I've never once stated that I thought attendance matched or beat 2009, in fact I've been very clear that I don't think it did.

I'm sorry that since the facts are against you if you do take the time to read my posts that you feel the need to resort to 3rd grade playground crap like addressing me as "Bob".

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-01-22, 17:42

And sorry WOP if this is somewhat off topic:

But EVERY time the media whines about Trump lying someone should show them this:

.....and ask them who helped him get where he is.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-01-22, 17:46

LooseGoose wrote:And sorry WOP if this is somewhat off topic:

But EVERY time the media whines about Trump lying someone should show them this:

.....and ask them who helped him get where he is.

Quit changing the subject in every thread you don't like and I'll quit calling you out on it. Until then whine more about it I guess.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-01-22, 17:53

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

If you go back and read them I've been very clear which I was talking about.   None of them were "hanging my hat" on ratings.   Ratings only came up in the context of how many people "viewed" or "witnessed" the ceremony.   I've never once stated that I thought attendance matched or beat 2009, in fact I've been very clear that I don't think it did.

I'm sorry that since the facts are against you if you do take the time to read my posts that you feel the need to resort to 3rd grade playground crap like addressing me as "Bob".

Bob, the facts aren't against me. You threw ratings into a discussion about attendance. You often change the subject like Conway does when you don't like the direction it's going. Now tell me I'm the only one to notice that and change the subject again.

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2017-01-22, 18:29

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Bob, the facts aren't against me. You threw ratings into a discussion about attendance. You often change the subject like Conway does when you don't like the direction it's going. Now tell me I'm the only one to notice that and change the subject again.

Could you just stop regularly bashing all the Republicans?

Thanks
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-01-22, 18:45

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

OK darling.   I threw ratings in because Trump's team was changing the terms to "viewed" from "attended".   So I was trying to keep the discussion relevant to the real world.   Sorry to taken up time you could have used to grab some pussy.

Since you can't refute the facts now you're the thread police. As usual I have absolutely ZERO hope for consistency of application.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-01-22, 19:04

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

OK darling.   I threw ratings in because Trump's team was changing the terms to "viewed" from "attended".  

Because, like you, when the facts don't fit their narrative they put their head down and change the conversation. Then become stubborn about it like you and bobby.

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2017-01-22, 19:42

Who cares at all about ratings/attendance of an inauguration? Such a meaningless thing for people to argue about, and a trivial thing for the president to be thinking about.
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-01-22, 19:43

Cameron wrote:Who cares at all about ratings/attendance of an inauguration? Such a meaningless thing for people to argue about, and a trivial thing for the president to be thinking about.

Yep

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates on 2017-01-22, 19:57

Cameron wrote:Who cares at all about ratings/attendance of an inauguration? Such a meaningless thing for people to argue about, and a trivial thing for the president to be thinking about.

That's been my thought exactly. But then Trump has the Press Secretary make an ass of himself with "alternative facts". I'm not happy Trump is president, but he's already doing a great job of embarrassing himself and country. It doesn't surprise me, but I was slightly hoping he would grow up and grow a pair.

In the words of Elsa.... Let It Go
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2017-01-22, 20:17

Good news is that Russia is happy with the outcome.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-01-25, 08:03

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38746559

Can someone give me a guideline on what exactly we're supposed to believe coming out of this guy's mouth? 75% of what he says in interviews? 50% of what he tweets? Even his own press secretary doesn't believe his bullshit.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-01-25, 08:08

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38746559

Can someone give me a guideline on what exactly we're supposed to believe coming out of this guy's mouth? 75% of what he says in interviews? 50% of what he tweets? Even his own press secretary doesn't believe his bullshit.
you just offended Goose... right when he was starting to recover from what Madonna said.

Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-01-25, 08:11

Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-01-25, 08:57

Trump is following the Putin and more recent Erdogan model of muddying up the news cycle and creating a shit storm so thick people either start believing him or just quit caring.

We have "conservative true believers on this board who think what Trump is doing is great.  We have others who advise to sit back because Trump won't really go after the press/new media because of the first ammendment.  Then we have posters who have already said screw it, it doesn't matter because everybody does it.

All Trump needs is a majority made up of those 3 groups to roll in a very authoritarian style of government.  He's called news journalists liars while addressing the CIA, he put media coviering his campaign in pens on arena floors and encouraged supports to go over and harass them. He's still going on about 3.5M phoney ballots to encourage doubt about the voracity of results.

Trump is doing many of  the very things the authoritarian leaders he said he admires have done to take almost all power out of the hands of their citizens.
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-01-25, 09:01

GRR Spartan wrote:Trump is following the Putin and more recent Erdogan model of muddying up the news cycle and creating a shit storm so thick people either start believing him or just quit caring.

We have "conservative true believers on this board who think what Trump is doing is great.  We have others who advise to sit back because Trump won't really go after the press/new media because of the first ammendment.  Then we have posters who have already said screw it, it doesn't matter because everybody does it.

All Trump needs is a majority made up of those 3 groups to roll in a very authoritarian style of government.  He's called news journalists liars while addressing the CIA, he put media coviering his campaign in pens on arena floors and encouraged supports to go over and harass them. He's still going on about 3.5M phoney ballots to encourage doubt about the voracity of results.

Trump is doing many of  the very things the authoritarian leaders he said he admires have done to take almost all power out of the hands of their citizens.
yep - the lies coming from the sexual predator and his minions aren't meant to convince people.. they're meant to fatigue people into not caring anymore.

Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-02-04, 11:19

When you don't get your way whine about it on Twitter. What a petulant child.

Trump vows to restore travel ban suspended by federal judge - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38868571
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2017-02-04, 11:30

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:When you don't get your way whine about it on Twitter. What a petulant child.

Trump vows to restore travel ban suspended by federal judge - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38868571

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump

"The opinion of this so-called judge, which essentially takes law-enforcement away from our country, is ridiculous and will be overturned!"

Maybe he'll edit that part out later.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: