Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voting against self interest.

5 posters

Go down

Voting against self interest.   Empty Voting against self interest.

Post by DWags Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:32 pm

Pubs getting rid of prevailing wage law. Guys I know who played. Ball for me that it will affect? Currently bitching they voted straight ticket for the champion of the working man. Welp
Even Snyder is against it
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Voting against self interest.   Empty Re: Voting against self interest.

Post by CheesySpartan Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:31 am

DWags wrote:Pubs getting rid of prevailing wage law. Guys I know who played. Ball for me that it will affect? Currently bitching they voted straight ticket for the champion of the working man. Welp

Prevailing wage is a scam on the taxpayer. It forces the cost of the project to increase without assuring increased quality. I have no problem getting rid of it.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:35 am

I've always been puzzled by the folks who vote against their own self-interests.

I think they tend to gravitate toward what they hope their situation may be like one day, versus either what their situation is likely to be like.. or is currently like.. it's sort of like a false idealism that is preyed upon by politicians. Yeah, they could one day be wealthy - if they educate themselves, work hard.. and come from a very wealthy family.

But chances are, they'll live paycheck-to-paycheck like pretty much the rest of us do..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:40 am

CheesySpartan wrote:
DWags wrote:Pubs getting rid of prevailing wage law. Guys I know who played. Ball for me that it will affect? Currently bitching they voted straight ticket for the champion of the working man. Welp

Prevailing wage is a scam on the taxpayer. It forces the cost of the project to increase without assuring increased quality. I have no problem getting rid of it.

The merit of this is another debate. What is funny, well, not funny put, kind of sad/ironic/funny are the meat heads who are now realizing that getting rid of the prevailing wage law in Michigan just dropped their salary. On my facebook page they're all bitching about "Trump needs to do something about this". :lolz"

Trump? Agree to prevailing wage? Seriously. But those are many of the votes he got, and the guy, many of them voting for the first time, pulled that straight ticket lever are learning a civics lesson now that they never learned in school. Welp.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:43 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I've always been puzzled by the folks who vote against their own self-interests.

I think they tend to gravitate toward what they hope their situation may be like one day, versus either what their situation is likely to be like.. or is currently like.. it's sort of like a false idealism that is preyed upon by politicians. Yeah, they could one day be wealthy - if they educate themselves, work hard.. and come from a very wealthy family.

But chances are, they'll live paycheck-to-paycheck like pretty much the rest of us do..

Two things: 1. These guys, like many Americans, are very easily persuaded to vote for a populist--- they did. 2. There are a shit ton of Joe the plumbers who just know they're one clogged toilet away from being a millionaire.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:51 am

This is why I vote for the state to forcibly take things from others to give to me. Because it's in my self interest to collect as much currency and other related goodies as possible.

Voting in your self-interests (which is a sly way of saying you're voting against someone else's interests) is a great way to strengthen a society.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:51 am

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I've always been puzzled by the folks who vote against their own self-interests.

Two things: 1. These guys, like many Americans, are very easily persuaded to vote for a populist--- they did. 2. There are a shit ton of Joe the plumbers who just know they're one clogged toilet away from being a millionaire.
agree 100%.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:21 pm

It's been a masterful big con. A bunch of folks a month away from financial ruin who get sucked in by the promise of lower taxes who don't really se their $100 to $500 tax reduction won't begin to pay for what they will lose in government services.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:51 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:It's been a masterful big con. A bunch of folks a month away from financial ruin who get sucked in by the promise of lower taxes who don't really se their $100 to $500 tax reduction won't begin to pay for what they will lose in government services.

Those damned hicks should take their welfare and like it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:51 pm

What jerks they are to want jobs where they earn their keep when Big Brother can take care of them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down