The Wall

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Wall Empty The Wall

Post by NigelUno on Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:47 pm

Trump orders construction of border wall, targets sanctuary cities

"The first order calls for the “immediate construction of a physical wall on the southern border,” and directs the DHS secretary to take “all appropriate steps to immediately plan, design, and construct” the wall using authority under existing law.

While it’s not yet clear exactly how the project might be funded or how much it would cost, Trump reiterated his vow that Mexico “absolutely” will pay for the project eventually, something the Mexican government has denied."

Suspect



NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24978
Join date : 2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by DWags on Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:53 pm

You, yes you laddie, come here! If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Just another brick in it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 36480
Join date : 2014-04-22
Age : 58
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by NigelUno on Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:58 pm

Trump is a businessman. That was supposed to be one of the reasons he was elected. I think, anyway.

So, he wants to build something without knowing what it will cost and who will pay for it.

This is change? This is different? This is how a businessman runs things?
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24978
Join date : 2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by AnomanderRake on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:37 pm

Antineoplastons wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Trump is a businessman.  That was supposed to be one of the reasons he was elected.  I think, anyway.

So, he wants to build something without knowing what it will cost and who will pay for it.

This is change?  This is different?  This is how a businessman runs things?  

Of course not....it's just another left vs right Hegelian Dialectic.  If you can get the dumb conservatives to believe their country is being invaded by Mexicans then you can get the equally stupid liberals believing campaign promises should be met and with neither actually ever taking place you get your desired result

This is the most coherent post I've seen from you so far, and very true. Campaign promises are empty from any party, because our entire political system is inherently corrupt to the core.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Posts : 1085
Join date : 2015-07-21

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by GRR Spartan on Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:02 pm

Trump will build a wall/fence/barrier.  The US will pay for the contractors and it will be built on US soil.  

If its like Trump promises for his casino deals the project will be smaller in scope and the Mexican payments will be pushed out more than a decade so a successor will be forgiving the debt after Trump is out of office.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7481
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:22 am

funny that Republicans don't want to help feed the poor.. or provide Americans with access to affordable healthcare.. they want to defund public education..

but they'll pay 10 billion dollar monument to Cheeto Hitler's tiny hands..  The Wall 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 37912
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:27 am

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21430
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:27 am

Did anyone see that clip of that interview? There will be some sort of form. It may be complicated but there will be a form. The Wall 502811600
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 31348
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:28 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Did anyone see that clip of that interview? There will be some sort of form. It may be complicated but there will be a form. The Wall 502811600
The Wall 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 37912
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:29 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Did anyone see that clip of that interview? There will be some sort of form. It may be complicated but there will be a form. The Wall 502811600

The Wall Sign-please-stay-out-at-endangered-damara-tern-breeding-area-near-C132GB


Last edited by Watch Out Pylon! on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21430
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:30 am

Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 31348
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by DWags on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:36 am

Wait, when they pay us back will each American get some kind of refund, or will the Government just keep that money and do something else with it. (No need to answer, it's just that when the party of the tax payers money is in charge, I think it's funny to poke them when they're just like the old boss)
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 36480
Join date : 2014-04-22
Age : 58
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by DWags on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:37 am

Wait, when they pay us back will each American get some kind of refund, or will the Government just keep that money and do something else with it. (No need to answer, it's just that when the party of the tax payers money is in charge, I think it's funny to poke them when they're just like the old boss)
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 36480
Join date : 2014-04-22
Age : 58
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by Floyd Robertson on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:45 am

Wouldn't it be cheaper to dig a moat and fill it full of alligators?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21482
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:58 am

DWags wrote:Wait, when they pay us back will each American get some kind of refund, or will the Government just keep that money and do something else with it. (No need to answer, it's just that when the party of the tax payers money is in charge, I think it's funny to poke them when they're just like the old boss)
you didn't hear?

we're gonna build a wall and make Mexico pay for it.

or.. we're gonna build a wall.. and Mexico will pay us back.

or.. we're gonna build a wall.. and Mexico will pay in us back in the form of tariffs/taxes..

and, guess what - we're removing all brown people as of 1:00 pm on January 20th.. The Wall 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 37912
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by MiamiSpartan on Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:16 pm

Summer is coming.

Need the wall built, or there will be nothing to protect the realms of the Seven Suburbs from the menacing Brown Walkers and their army of landscapers.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5694
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Miami, FL

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by xsanguine on Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:47 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:funny that Republicans don't want to help feed the poor.. or provide Americans with access to affordable healthcare.. they want to defund public education..

but they'll pay 10 billion dollar monument to Cheeto Hitler's tiny hands..  The Wall 502811600

That's an interesting way of putting it, Bob. Where are Republicans blockading hospitals and clinics and denying Democrats the ability to use those facilities? I would like to protest it.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 9838
Join date : 2014-04-23
Location : Hijackin' Threads

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:48 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:funny that Republicans don't want to help feed the poor.. or provide Americans with access to affordable healthcare.. they want to defund public education..

but they'll pay 10 billion dollar monument to Cheeto Hitler's tiny hands..  The Wall 502811600

That's an interesting way of putting it, Bob. Where are Republicans blockading hospitals and clinics and denying Democrats the ability to use those facilities? I would like to protest it.
link to where I said republicans were blockading hospitals and clinics, please.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 37912
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by xsanguine on Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:50 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:funny that Republicans don't want to help feed the poor.. or provide Americans with access to affordable healthcare.. they want to defund public education..

but they'll pay 10 billion dollar monument to Cheeto Hitler's tiny hands..  The Wall 502811600

No prob, Bob. =D
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 9838
Join date : 2014-04-23
Location : Hijackin' Threads

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by Herbie Green on Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:39 pm

Talked to a cashier today who said "why is Trump building this wall anyway? Everyone I know took tunnels"
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Posts : 5404
Join date : 2014-05-11

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by xsanguine on Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:53 pm

The Wall 502811600

Antineo, I may not agree with you... but you're a damn fine poster. Variety is the spice of life.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 9838
Join date : 2014-04-23
Location : Hijackin' Threads

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:54 pm

Herbie Green wrote:Talked to a cashier today who said "why is Trump building this wall anyway? Everyone I know took tunnels"
you gotta remember his audience and their affinity for alternative facts.


Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 37912
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by xsanguine on Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:00 pm

A lot do cross the river and enter that way but most of the individuals I know either hid in a car or took tunnels, too. The wall is dumb unless you're including it in a much more massive endeavor. I say if Juan is willing to take those risks to make a better life for himself and through his own means gets a tiny slice of this life that by pure dumb luck I've been able to enjoy... then game on Juan.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 9838
Join date : 2014-04-23
Location : Hijackin' Threads

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:15 pm

xsanguine wrote:A lot do cross the river and enter that way but most of the individuals I know either hid in a car or took tunnels, too. The wall is dumb unless you're including it in a much more massive endeavor. I say if Juan is willing to take those risks to make a better life for himself and through his own means gets a tiny slice of this life that by pure dumb luck I've been able to enjoy... then game on Juan.
I have a friend whose entire family (brothers, sisters, parents) is undocumented - he told me, of course, that a wall will do absolutely nothing to keep undocumented immigrants out.. but any of us that pay attention know that already.

so, as I originally said, it's really a 10 billion dollar monument to Cheeto Hitler's tiny hands.

also, my undocumented friend did become an American citizen a handful of years ago and has a PhD in higher ed. administration. Which makes him more academically successful than anyone in the sexual predator's cabinet.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 37912
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by xsanguine on Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:28 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:A lot do cross the river and enter that way but most of the individuals I know either hid in a car or took tunnels, too. The wall is dumb unless you're including it in a much more massive endeavor. I say if Juan is willing to take those risks to make a better life for himself and through his own means gets a tiny slice of this life that by pure dumb luck I've been able to enjoy... then game on Juan.
I have a friend whose entire family (brothers, sisters, parents) is undocumented - he told me, of course, that a wall will do absolutely nothing to keep undocumented immigrants out.. but any of us that pay attention know that already.

so, as I originally said, it's really a 10 billion dollar monument to Cheeto Hitler's tiny hands.

also, my undocumented friend did become an American citizen a handful of years ago and has a PhD in higher ed. administration. Which makes him more academically successful than anyone in the sexual predator's cabinet.

Agreed.

Yes, immigrants will take your jobs but by merit and only if you can't keep up. Best way for America to get her work ethic back is a little healthy competition.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 9838
Join date : 2014-04-23
Location : Hijackin' Threads

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:31 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:Summer is coming.

Need the wall built, or there will be nothing to protect the realms of the Seven Suburbs from the menacing Brown Walkers and their army of landscapers.

Lmao
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 31348
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by NigelUno on Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:53 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:Wouldn't it be cheaper to dig a moat and fill it full of alligators?

Could call it the Rio Grande.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24978
Join date : 2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:15 pm

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38760671

How is Mexico going to pay for the wall if their president won't even speak with ours?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21430
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by steveschneider on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:35 pm

So he's going to raise taxes on imports to pay for the wall.

Here comes higher prices on imported goods but at least we will have a worthless wall.

Also, don't forget California won't participate or allow a wall to be built on its border. Less than one week in and he's already caused this much damage. He's going to completely fuck up our entire country in about two months.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24426
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by GRR Spartan on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:56 pm

steveschneider wrote:So he's going to raise taxes on imports to pay for the wall.

Here comes higher prices on imported goods but at least we will have a worthless wall.

Also, don't forget California won't participate or allow a wall to be built on its border. Less than one week in and he's already caused this much damage. He's going to completely fuck up our entire country in about two months.

Somewhere is Beijing there is some government official testing guacamole recipies. Next step is for China to tell Mexico they'll take every avacado Mexico can ship. Then Trump will take credit for helping California with $3-$4 dollar domestic avacados and $15-$20 bowls of guacamole
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7481
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by DWags on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:36 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:So he's going to raise taxes on imports to pay for the wall.

Here comes higher prices on imported goods but at least we will have a worthless wall.

Also, don't forget California won't participate or allow a wall to be built on its border. Less than one week in and he's already caused this much damage. He's going to completely fuck up our entire country in about two months.

Somewhere is Beijing there is some government official testing guacamole recipies. Next step is for China to tell Mexico they'll take every avacado Mexico can ship. Then Trump will take credit for helping California with $3-$4 dollar domestic avacados and $15-$20 bowls of guacamole

Was reading about a 20% import tax.

Such a tariff on goods and services would be paid by U.S. consumers and businesses — people buying anything from avocados and tequila to automobiles. Energy companies, big retailers and other major business interests oppose such an import tax, arguing that it would drive up prices in the United States, curb demand, and erode profits.

"The notion that a Mexican tariff of 20 percent represents the Mexicans paying for the wall is a flawed understanding of how tariffs work," said David French, a senior vice president at the National Retail Federation. "That would be a huge increase on prices paid by U.S. consumers."


As far as that goes, I just don't want to pay 50 bucks at El Az for guac
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 36480
Join date : 2014-04-22
Age : 58
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by NigelUno on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:53 pm

DWags wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

Somewhere is Beijing there is some government official testing guacamole recipies. Next step is for China to tell Mexico they'll take every avacado Mexico can ship. Then Trump will take credit for helping California with $3-$4 dollar domestic avacados and $15-$20 bowls of guacamole

Was reading about a 20% import tax.

Such a tariff on goods and services would be paid by U.S. consumers and businesses — people buying anything from avocados and tequila to automobiles. Energy companies, big retailers and other major business interests oppose such an import tax, arguing that it would drive up prices in the United States, curb demand, and erode profits.

"The notion that a Mexican tariff of 20 percent represents the Mexicans paying for the wall is a flawed understanding of how tariffs work," said David French, a senior vice president at the National Retail Federation. "That would be a huge increase on prices paid by U.S. consumers."


As far as that goes, I just don't want to pay 50 bucks at El Az for guac

There's no way in hell Congress will vote for a 20% tariff, and start a trade war with Mexico. It would be disastrous.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24978
Join date : 2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by steveschneider on Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:52 am

Yep, Spicer laughed off the trade tariff and they are backing away from it now.

My guess is they'll just gut government programs and redirect that tax payer money towards a useless wall.

The one thing though, even though they'd just suggest that out in the open is just fucking crazy. I'm starting to buy into the idea that a global recession is coming because of Trump's poor leadership.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24426
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by steveschneider on Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:28 pm

http://graphics.wsj.com/immigration-from-mexico-china-and-india/

"This year candidates have focused on migrants from Mexico, but nationally and in most states, India and China have become the top sources for new arrivals"
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24426
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by BleacherSwill on Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:10 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:So he's going to raise taxes on imports to pay for the wall.

Here comes higher prices on imported goods but at least we will have a worthless wall.

Also, don't forget California won't participate or allow a wall to be built on its border. Less than one week in and he's already caused this much damage. He's going to completely fuck up our entire country in about two months.

Somewhere is Beijing there is some government official testing guacamole recipies. Next step is for China to tell Mexico they'll take every avacado Mexico can ship. Then Trump will take credit for helping California with $3-$4 dollar domestic avacados and $15-$20 bowls of guacamole

His reckless out of his ass to executive order policy making could easily change the way other countries view trade relations with the US in a negative way. Nationalistic pride and political support in their countries is way stronger than his stupid arm twisting bullying methods.
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Posts : 429
Join date : 2014-10-10

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:25 am

what's the status of the sexual predator's wall to keep out those filthy Mexicans?

is Mexico still paying for it, as he guaranteed?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 37912
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by DWags on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:40 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:what's the status of the sexual predator's wall to keep out those filthy Mexicans?

is Mexico still paying for it, as he guaranteed?


I hear they're paying for it in Avocados.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 36480
Join date : 2014-04-22
Age : 58
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by CheesySpartan on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:25 pm

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:what's the status of the sexual predator's wall to keep out those filthy Mexicans?

is Mexico still paying for it, as he guaranteed?


I hear they're paying for it in Avocados.

If all Haas Avocados that might work.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Posts : 2533
Join date : 2014-05-16
Location : SwillinatI Ch33sySpartan

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:27 pm

Can we just make the wall out of avocados?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21430
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:30 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Can we just make the wall out of avocados?
not a good idea - they'll turn brown... which will remind us of why we hate Mexicans to begin with.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 37912
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum