Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-02-11, 17:56

LooseGoose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:One of my incandescent bulbs just blew and I'm running out of spares. I hate America.

We have cases here in the bunker.

Thank me tomorrow..... "60 Watt Incandescent Light Bulbs"

$0.41 ea.
Sold only by the 2 Pack for $0.82

Great site, Imma order me some sweet 3-way bulbs tomorrow. I owe you one.
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh on 2017-04-21, 12:55

TLDR

I can't stand comcast bunch of ass nuggets. In October of last year I was pissed that they were going to be imposing there data cap on my internet usage. Just a few months before that I made the move of cutting the cable cord and was enjoying saving about a hundo a month and now they were telling me basically I can't stream shit otherwise they will start charging me like $25 for each additional 100gb or some shit (I can't remember the exact number). Anyway they say that they are giving you a few months to adjust and you won't be liable for overages if you do go over for a couple months. Two months passes and I use up the data cap for each and seeing that my usage was as high as I expected I call and they ask what can they do, they say they are offering for an additional $50 a month an unlimited data option and seeing I have no other option really I sign up right there. They tell me that it would reflect on my bill and I say cool, I use automatic payment to save a few bucks and will just expect that to be a little extra duh. Fast forward to March 11th, I see my bank account has had $450+ withdrawn by Comcast and I am pissed to see my bill now has me being charged for additional data usage, I have the fuggin unlimited option! I call and bitch and bitch to a couple people and I am put on hold for hours on end. Eventually I get a person who says that they will now add the unlimited option and that my account didn't have that option ever added. They also say that they will credit my account the 450 and she says I won't get charged for a few months because obviously the credit from the charge will pay my bill. April 11th I see a comcast fuggin charge for 320 gotdamn dollars and I call and the first lady says that it was never added last month and that they wouldn't be able to credit the 450 or the 320??!?!?!?!?! I say to her so I am telling you I called in December and was told the unlimited package but you're saying since your employee didn't enter it into your system that I am liable for your fuck up and I am out about 800 bucks, she says "yes thats correct" I about had an aneurysm yesterday talking to this wench and she tells me I needed to calm down or she will hang up!!!! I say give me to your supervisor now, I talk to this women who brings me down back from level 8 anger to about a 3 and she says she can go back and listen to my conversations from December, so I am on hold for about an hour total as shes listening, she gets back on and is apologizing and everything and says that the 800 will be credited and she will make the adjustments in real time so I can see it on my bill and also says she will be sending me an email with a $50 visa gift code for all the inconveniences I have gone through the past few months. Got my bill credited, and I am looking to buy something on Amazon for about 50 bucks. Still fuk u comcast
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan on 2017-04-21, 13:11

Wow that sucks. On the bright side we have that thread about things on Amazon for under $50.
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-04-21, 13:20

CheesySpartan wrote:Wow that sucks. On the bright side we have that thread about things on Amazon for under $50.

Matty's experience is exactly what I fear in cutting the cord.
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh on 2017-04-21, 13:33

Floyd Robertson wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:Wow that sucks. On the bright side we have that thread about things on Amazon for under $50.

Matty's experience is exactly what I fear in cutting the cord.

Honestly I am in a really good spot courtesy of a friend of mine who has DirectTV's everything movie package of channels. I have his login so through the apps on my apple tv, on my computers, tablets I have all the good channels and in exchange I drop my personal coin and supply him with sports packages I buy seasonally like BTN+, MLBtv, NHL Center Ice and NBAtv. Unless you only really watch like a few sports channels and news channels and local tv, cutting the cord isn't exactly worth it in my opinion unless you can get set up like my buddy and I. When this little run I am on right now ends I'll probably still keep my cable cut at least 5 months of the year (off season).
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2017-04-22, 11:22

MattyFresh wrote:TLDR

I can't stand comcast bunch of ass nuggets. In October of last year I was pissed that they were going to be imposing there data cap on my internet usage. Just a few months before that I made the move of cutting the cable cord and was enjoying saving about a hundo a month and now they were telling me basically I can't stream shit otherwise they will start charging me like $25 for each additional 100gb or some shit (I can't remember the exact number). Anyway they say that they are giving you a few months to adjust and you won't be liable for overages if you do go over for a couple months. Two months passes and I use up the data cap for each and seeing that my usage was as high as I expected I call and they ask what can they do, they say they are offering for an additional $50 a month an unlimited data option and seeing I have no other option really I sign up right there. They tell me that it would reflect on my bill and I say cool, I use automatic payment to save a few bucks and will just expect that to be a little extra duh. Fast forward to March 11th, I see my bank account has had $450+ withdrawn by Comcast and I am pissed to see my bill now has me being charged for additional data usage, I have the fuggin unlimited option! I call and bitch and bitch to a couple people and I am put on hold for hours on end. Eventually I get a person who says that they will now add the unlimited option and that my account didn't have that option ever added. They also say that they will credit my account the 450 and she says I won't get charged for a few months because obviously the credit from the charge will pay my bill. April 11th I see a comcast fuggin charge for 320 gotdamn dollars and I call and the first lady says that it was never added last month and that they wouldn't be able to credit the 450 or the 320??!?!?!?!?! I say to her so I am telling you I called in December and was told the unlimited package but you're saying since your employee didn't enter it into your system that I am liable for your fuck up and I am out about 800 bucks, she says "yes thats correct" I about had an aneurysm yesterday talking to this wench and she tells me I needed to calm down or she will hang up!!!! I say give me to your supervisor now, I talk to this women who brings me down back from level 8 anger to about a 3 and she says she can go back and listen to my conversations from December, so I am on hold for about an hour total as shes listening, she gets back on and is apologizing and everything and says that the 800 will be credited and she will make the adjustments in real time so I can see it on my bill and also says she will be sending me an email with a $50 visa gift code for all the inconveniences I have gone through the past few months. Got my bill credited, and I am looking to buy something on Amazon for about 50 bucks. Still fuk u comcast

we've come full circle
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-04-29, 19:57

I miss these days.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-04-29, 20:11

Big Time Wrestling >>>>>> Any other wrestling.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-05-13, 16:33

I dont wear cologne all that often, but damn I hate that they put spray tops on men's bottles. It's virtually impossible to spray just a little bit. Don't makers know men put cologne on in a different way than women? I'm so mad!

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-05-15, 19:33

I'm a friend to the birds. All are welcome at my feeders. LAtely, though, a couple of starlings have been eating far more than their fair share. I'm considering filing a grievance with the Audubon Society.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-05-15, 19:55

tGreenWay wrote:I'm a friend to the birds. All are welcome at my feeders. LAtely, though, a couple of starlings have been eating far more than their fair share. I'm considering filing a grievance with the Audubon Society.

Get out the Red Ryder.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2017-05-15, 21:12

tGreenWay wrote:I'm a friend to the birds. All are welcome at my feeders. LAtely, though, a couple of starlings have been eating far more than their fair share. I'm considering filing a grievance with the Audubon Society.

My neighbor has some bird feeders set up in his front yard, but I think squirrels end up eating 90% of the seed. I see those little guys on that feeder almost every time I look.
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-05-15, 22:21

Can't use the Red Ryder, Goose, due to the location of the feeder and the proximity to my backyard neighbors, who have two young, active kids.

And Cameron, your neighbor really ought to get squirrel baffles. They work great. I also bought a couple of feeders that are squirrel proof. They're more expensive but worth it in the long run.
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2017-06-03, 20:17

Stopped by Walgreens to pick up a couple things today. Got the stuff and started toward the front checkout. Aisle I was walking happened to have kitchen stuff like paper plates, cups, ziploc bags, etc. Remembered I ran out of heavy duty aluminum foil during last Monday's turkey smoke odyssey so slowed down to look for a small roll to get me by. They didn't have even regular Reynolds wrap but did have something branded Powerhouse Premium Heavy Duty foil in a 12" roll.

Just opened the box. This stuff is a joke. Maybe half the thickness of regular Reynolds and not remotely close to heavy duty. Foil Christmas wrapping paper is thicker and much stronger than this shit.
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum