Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UM stand on immigration status

+9
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
I.B. Fine
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
Watch Out Pylon!
Dr. Strangelove
DWags
BleacherSwill
13 posters

Go down

UM stand on immigration status Empty UM stand on immigration status

Post by BleacherSwill 2017-01-29, 09:01

Kudos to the wolvies for this stand. "The university maintains a strong commitment to the privacy of student records for all students, consistent with state and federal laws," Schlissel said in the statement. "We do not provide information on immigration status to anyone except when required by law. The university offers in-state tuition to undocumented students who meet certain conditions." I hope MSU has as much concern for the 1st amendment as those libs in AA.
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

UM stand on immigration status Empty Re: UM stand on immigration status

Post by DWags 2017-01-29, 09:20

Yep
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-01-29, 10:25

Undocumented = illegal.

Trump took an oath to abide by the Constitution and defend the nation against all enemies foreign and domestic.

He'll let Obama's illegitimate executive order granting temporary resident status expire and then if they follow the law those so-called Dreamers will not be eligible for resident status at either the University or in the nation.

Better pack your bags Pedro
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-01-29, 11:05

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Undocumented = illegal.

Trump took an oath to abide by the Constitution and defend the nation against all enemies foreign and domestic.

He'll let Obama's illegitimate executive order granting temporary resident status expire and then if they follow the law those so-called Dreamers will not be eligible for resident status at either the University or in the nation.

I love how people like you love to invoke the Constitution on matters like this while this order flies in the face of everything this country was founded for. Very hypocritical.

How many people from the banned countries have directly attacked us by the way?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-29, 11:26

Some people seem to think Trump may have violated the Constitution. What's your take on that?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-29, 11:32

How many wives would Trump have if not for immigration? 1 of the 3? has it only been three, or was it three he's had children with? More than three? I lose track of the Christian and chiefs status.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-29, 11:38

DWags wrote:How many wives would Trump have if not for immigration? 1 of the 3? has it only been three, or was it three he's had children with? More than three? I lose track of the Christian and chiefs status.

I just think it's great that he hires people with green cards to work at Mar-A-Lago.

And bought Chinese steel.

And had his ties Made in Mexico.

I mean he obviously understands this is a global economy when it impacts his bottom line.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-01-29, 11:57

NigelUno wrote:

Some people seem to think Trump may have violated the Constitution. What's your take on that?

What part of the Constitution did he supposedly violate?
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-29, 12:00

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I think he's walking back the Green Card stuff now. But I do think those with Green Cards were detained.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-01-29, 12:09

Kellyann Conway maintains that inconveniencing 1% of people is a small price to pay for security.

I guess if you aren't categorized in the 1% or don't have key employees or family in that 1% you shouldn't see it as a problem.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-29, 12:20

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

We’ll See You in Court: Why Trump’s Executive Order on Refugees Violates the Establishment Clause
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-01-29, 12:54

NigelUno wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

We’ll See You in Court: Why Trump’s Executive Order on Refugees Violates the Establishment Clause

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...

Not sure how banning refugees or immigrants from certain countries violates that. Additionally religious carveouts are well established in immigration law.

Additionally I don't remember people throwing a shitfit when a Democrat President banned Iranians from entering the USA or when another Democrat president threw hundreds of thousands of japanese into camps. Or when another democrat president presided initiated a genocide against the indigenous inhabitants who happened to be occupying lands we coveted.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-01-29, 13:10

This seems like a pretty good explanation to me, green card holders should not be involved. Exceptions should be made freely for those we know and have helped us in those countries.
Trump’s Executive Order on Refugees — Separating Fact from Hysteria
The Syrian Civil War touched off in 2011. Here are the Syrian-refugee admissions to the U.S. until Obama decided to admit more than 13,000 in 2016:
Fiscal Year 2011: 29
Fiscal Year 2012: 31
Fiscal Year 2013: 36
Fiscal Year 2014: 105
Fiscal Year 2015: 1,682
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-29, 13:24

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Additionally I don't remember people throwing a shitfit when a Democrat President banned Iranians from entering the USA or when another Democrat president threw hundreds of thousands of japanese into camps. Or when another democrat president presided initiated a genocide against the indigenous inhabitants who happened to be occupying lands we coveted.

No UM stand on immigration status 502811600 UM stand on immigration status 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-29, 14:07

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

No UM stand on immigration status 502811600 UM stand on immigration status 502811600

Hey! Look over there! We stole land from the Native Americans! Where is the outrage!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-29, 14:17

Dr. Strangelove wrote:

UM stand on immigration status 502811600

Obamas fault
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-01-29, 14:26

MSU will not release the immigration status of students, officials say

"Not supplying students’ immigration status is just standard operating procedure for us at MSU," MSU spokesman Jason Cody said in an email. "Due to our own policies and already existing federal law, we would not provide any students’ private information, immigration status or otherwise, unless compelled by law."
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-01-29, 14:28

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...

Not sure how banning refugees or immigrants from certain countries violates that. Additionally religious carveouts are well established in immigration law.

Goose level post.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-01-29, 20:07

Floyd Robertson wrote:MSU will not release the immigration status of students, officials say

"Not supplying students’ immigration status is just standard operating procedure for us at MSU," MSU spokesman Jason Cody said in an email. "Due to our own policies and already existing federal law, we would not provide any students’ private information, immigration status or otherwise, unless compelled by law."

....and folks wonder why msu jacks up tuition every year....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-01-29, 21:57

With the knowledge I have to date I do not support this executive order. I didn't vote for him but I want Trump to succeed in office because it would change Washington and most likely much of American politics by opening the door to non-establishment types into politics. Unfortunately at this point it doesn't look good.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-29, 23:56

From back when Dems opposed illegal immigrants and supported a wall....

A standing ovation for President Clinton.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-30, 00:38

LooseGoose wrote:From back when Dems opposed illegal immigrants and supported a wall....

What's your point? Did the people who were upset with Trump doing this give him an ovation?

Next you'll say it's the exact same thing Carter and Obama did. And pretend it is.

Jesus.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-30, 00:38

Values no longer mean anything. Everyone's compass is set to "when it suits me."

We have big-government conservatives and pro-choice vegans.

It's just a big ole mess.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-30, 06:51

LooseGoose wrote:From back when Dems opposed illegal immigrants and supported a wall....

"Bill Clinton wants to build a wall"

Can you tell me where in the video that was said?

Was this wall also going to be financed by the American consumer by implementing a 20% tariff on Mexican imports?

Or was Mexico just going to flat out pay for it?

Do you support the 20% tariff plan? What would be the economic effects?

Do you have an honest answer to any of the questions? Or are you still blindly supporting Trump?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-30, 06:56

NigelUno wrote:

Was this wall also going to be financed by the American consumer by implementing a 20% tariff on Mexican imports?

Do you have an honest answer to any of the questions? Or are you still blindly supporting Trump?

Obama did it too UM stand on immigration status 502811600

Going forward, you can tell how much they know they fucked up by how many times they use Obamas name in their release defending it. The more they use it, the more they think they fucked up.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-30, 07:55

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Going forward, you can tell how much they know they fucked up by how many times they use Obamas name in their release defending it. The more they use it, the more they think they fucked up.
the republican default message is "well... Obama did it too"!!!

conveniently forgetting that they spent the last 8+ years whining and peeing in their diapers about how horrible of a President Barack Obama was.. suddenly he's the standard by which their president is measured.

UM stand on immigration status 502811600 UM stand on immigration status 502811600 UM stand on immigration status 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-30, 07:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

the republican default message is "well... Obama did it too"!!!

conveniently forgetting that they spent the last 8+ years whining and peeing in their diapers about how horrible of a President Barack Obama was.. suddenly he's the standard by which their president is measured.

UM stand on immigration status 502811600 UM stand on immigration status 502811600 UM stand on immigration status 502811600

I think this is just the beginning of some Republicans backing away from "their" President.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-30, 10:29

DWags wrote:

What's your point? Did the people who were upset with Trump doing this give him an ovation?

Next you'll say it's the exact same thing Carter and Obama did. And pretend it is.

Jesus.

My point is that the politicians and the press get outraged when it suits their purposes. If Bill Clinton rails against immigrants the Dems give him a standing ovation. If Trump signs an EO slowing visitors/immigrants it's the end of the world as we know it.

So yell at me all you want in the midst of your lemming like following of their selective outrage and Chuckie Schumer's hot tears.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-30, 10:36

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-30, 10:49

No "tribe" commentary? Now the Reps would be giving Clinton the standing ovation while the Dems would be wanting to impeach him. Amazing, huh?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-30, 10:51

so is "but.. but.. Clinton" the new "but.. but.. Obama" for Trump supporters?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-30, 11:00

LooseGoose wrote:

No "tribe" commentary? Now the Reps would be giving Clinton the standing ovation while the Dems would be wanting to impeach him. Amazing, huh?

Can you direct me to the part in the video where Clinton says he wants to build a wall?

I think I missed it.

I'll wait.

Thanks in advance.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-30, 13:47

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Can you direct me to the part in the video where Clinton says he wants to build a wall?

I think I missed it.

I'll wait.

Thanks in advance.

I've been studiously avoiding answering you lately but I will this time. "Secure our borders" is the quote. Unless you feel that means put up and open a big gate then walls tend to be a part of securing a border. Check around the world and you'll find that to be true.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-30, 14:16

All kinds of ways to secure a boarder and interpret that. I think case, I'd definitely interpret in the way you have. It makes the asinine thing trump did seem less idiotic.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-30, 22:14

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I think I missed it.

I'll wait.

Thanks in advance.

I've been studiously avoiding answering you lately but I will this time. "Secure our borders" is the quote. Unless you feel that means put up and open a big gate then walls tend to be a part of securing a border. Check around the world and you'll find that to be true.

So...he didn't say he wanted to build a wall. Thanks.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down