Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking:. Six killed in mass shooting at Quebec city Mosque

+7
DWags
CheesySpartan
Blanch32
Robert J Sakimano
Dr. Strangelove
MattyFresh
kingstonlake
11 posters

Go down

Breaking:. Six killed in mass shooting at Quebec city Mosque Empty Breaking:. Six killed in mass shooting at Quebec city Mosque

Post by kingstonlake 2017-01-30, 04:40

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/five-dead-in-quebec-city-mosque-shooting-mosque-president/ar-AAmof9J

Reported two shooters opened fire during prayers.

Two people arrested.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Breaking:. Six killed in mass shooting at Quebec city Mosque Empty Re: Breaking:. Six killed in mass shooting at Quebec city Mosque

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-30, 06:17

kingstonlake wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/five-dead-in-quebec-city-mosque-shooting-mosque-president/ar-AAmof9J

Two people arrested.

Very sad, but I think this needs to be moved to another board.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Breaking:. Six killed in mass shooting at Quebec city Mosque Empty Re: Breaking:. Six killed in mass shooting at Quebec city Mosque

Post by kingstonlake 2017-01-30, 07:32

MattyFresh wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/five-dead-in-quebec-city-mosque-shooting-mosque-president/ar-AAmof9J

Two people arrested.

Very sad, but I think this needs to be moved to another board.

I know or will. Just wanted to put it here first. Alot of people avoid that board for its monolithic thinking.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-01-30, 08:05

I'm gonna bet it's Muslim on Muslim violence
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-30, 08:06

Dr. Strangelove wrote:I'm gonna bet it's Muslim on Muslim violence
regardless, Muslims are dead and that's a good thing.

Sincerely,

Republicans.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-01-30, 08:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Sincerely,

Republicans.

bob s first hot take. shocking for this precise lil snowflake
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-30, 09:29

I'm thinking far right quebecians... but coulter's rule is in play here. The longer the government/media wait to reveal the ethnicity of the shooters, the more likely they're not far right honkies.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-30, 10:03

this is what leadership sounds like:

The attack shook Canada, a country where mass shootings are uncommon, and came as the country has become known as a beacon for refugees fleeing warfare and terrorism in Muslim-majority nations.

Mr. Trudeau assailed what he called “this terrorist attack on Muslims in a center of worship and refuge.”

“It is heart-wrenching to see such senseless violence,” he said in a statement early Monday. “Diversity is our strength, and religious tolerance is a value that we, as Canadians, hold dear.”

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-30, 10:05

Definitely leadership.... leading the sheep to the wolves. sunny

(Can't help myself sometimes, bob. I wanna play this game, too)
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-30, 10:08

xsanguine wrote:Definitely leadership.... leading the sheep to the wolves. sunny

it's cool dude. I more afraid of white people.. not overly afraid of brown people.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-30, 10:15

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Definitely leadership.... leading the sheep to the wolves. sunny

it's cool dude. I more afraid of white people.. not overly afraid of brown people.

Depends on the circumstances, I suppose.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-30, 10:19

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

look at what the white folks in Washington are doing right now..

(yes, one of them is orange.. but you know what I mean).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-30, 10:27

I'm thinking it's a hoax. After all we all know that kind of thing doesn't happen anywhere else in the world, just here.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-01-30, 11:28

LooseGoose wrote:

I'm thinking it's a hoax. After all we all know that kind of thing doesn't happen anywhere else in the world, just here.

Stuff happens everywhere. It just happens far less in some places. I'm guessing there are alot of factors involved.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-30, 12:06

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

look at what the white folks in Washington are doing right now..

(yes, one of them is orange.. but you know what I mean).

White people tend to choose the indirect route. It's certainly more palatable, but on the street level definitely makes them look like pussies cowards.

(sorry, forgot about the newly enforced PC rules that have gone into effect here)
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-01-30, 12:29

One suspect was identified as Alexandre Bissonnette, a French-Canadian, the other as Mohamed Khadir, who is of Moroccan heritage although his nationality was not immediately known, according to the source.

Update: Appears Bissonnette was the lone shooter and Khadir a witness.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-30, 15:27

https://twitter.com/geekylonglegs/status/825930819520888833
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-30, 15:29

DWags wrote:https://twitter.com/geekylonglegs/status/825930819520888833

So, I have to ask, do you support the use violence against someone exercising their free speech? Or is this more of a "look at this idiot rationalizing assaulting someone for their beliefs"?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-01-30, 17:27

xsanguine wrote:

So, I have to ask, do you support the use violence against someone exercising their free speech? Or is this more of a "look at this idiot rationalizing assaulting someone for their beliefs"?

As a man, you must surely recognize that if you cross certain lines, there's a good chance you're gonna catch one. You also don't strike me as the type to be all that bothered by such a proposition, but you're full of surprises so who knows...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-30, 17:39

xsanguine wrote:

Assaulting? Is that what we're calling it? OK.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-30, 19:17

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

You don't think sucker punching someone is assault?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-30, 19:18

Cameron wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

As a man, you must surely recognize that if you cross certain lines, there's a good chance you're gonna catch one. You also don't strike me as the type to be all that bothered by such a proposition, but you're full of surprises so who knows...

I'm aware that's how the world works. But we shouldn't be normalizing/excusing violence in exchange for speech.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-30, 19:21

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-30, 19:30

xsanguine wrote:
DWags wrote:

Breaking:. Six killed in mass shooting at Quebec city Mosque 1966794946

Holy shit, did I fuck this up. I didn't put together that he's the Nazi guy. I swear I thought it was just some dumb jackass that was talking about Quebec and was being as uncaring and racist as a dumb ass could be, and the sara hagi lady was just comparing him to a nazi.

Two things to your original question. 1. Guy who through the punch was a complete pussy and should be jailed. 2. I really liked the punch. Hate me.

It's like I'm against the death penalty, completely. Rape or harm my daughters or wife and I will kill you. I guess I'm just weird like that. (Just being honest here)
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-30, 19:31

Cameron wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I have a little more sympathy if it's a personal thing. If that guy is in a Taco Bell and starts making disparaging comments about a couple and one of them hauls off on him... I get it, the attacker should still get a court date if the guy presses charges, but I get it. I don't have any sympathy for someone doing this...

Breaking:. Six killed in mass shooting at Quebec city Mosque Punch

...to someone giving an interview after a seminar or lecture or whatever it is he does.

Last edited by xsanguine on 2017-01-30, 19:33; edited 1 time in total
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-30, 19:32

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Holy shit, did I fuck this up. I didn't put together that he's the Nazi guy. I swear I thought it was just some dumb jackass that was talking about Quebec and was being as uncaring and racist as a dumb ass could be, and the sara hagi lady was just comparing him to a nazi.

Two things to your original question. 1. Guy who through the punch was a complete pussy and should be jailed. 2. I really liked the punch. Hate me.

It's like I'm against the death penalty, completely. Rape or harm my daughters or wife and I will kill you. I guess I'm just weird like that. (Just being honest here)

So are you making an equivalence between giving a lecture where he espouses ideas you disagree with.... and raping your wife and daughters?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-30, 19:35

xsanguine wrote:
DWags wrote:

So are you making an equivalence between giving a lecture where he espouses ideas you disagree with.... and raping your wife and daughters?

No, I was showing you examples of my hypocrisy. Sorry I missed judged your ability to comprehend. Not your fault, it's mine. One of those deals where you need to know before you engage. Apologies.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-30, 19:36

On another level I thought the punch was horrible. The guy needs to work on his accuracy, which is not a good look considering his opponent wasn't paying attention and was standing completely still. When you get a running start (and he at least put his body into it) on an opponent who isn't aware of an impending attack and is standing still for you, the guy should be on the ground without question. That's shameful and I would call him the P* word you used not because he sucker punched someone but because he clearly blew his load too early.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-30, 19:37

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

No, I was showing you examples of my hypocrisy. Sorry I missed judged your ability to comprehend. Not your fault, it's mine. One of those deals where you need to know before you engage. Apologies.

No worries, I've had a few coffees today so I'm ready to roll. I misread... my apologies.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-01-30, 19:37

xsanguine wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I'm aware that's how the world works. But we shouldn't be normalizing/excusing violence in exchange for speech.

That's fair.

xsanguine wrote:
DWags wrote:

Assaulting?  Is that what we're calling it?  OK.

That was pretty fucked up. I was expecting him to say something at least a little fucked up before he got punched (which I knew was coming from the title). Unless he had said some fucked up shit before the video started (which still wouldn't excuse the punch, but might explain it), that seemed completely unprovoked.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-01-30, 19:40

xsanguine wrote:On another level I thought the punch was horrible. The guy needs to work on his accuracy, which is not a good look considering his opponent wasn't paying attention and was standing completely still. When you get a running start (and he at least put his body into it) on an opponent who isn't aware of an impending attack and is standing still for you, the guy should be on the ground without question. That's shameful and I would call him the P* word you used not because he sucker punched someone but because he clearly blew his load too early.

I would guess that most people who throw sucker punches probably aren't very good in a fair fight, which is why they throw sucker punches in the first place.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-30, 19:45

Cameron wrote:
xsanguine wrote:On another level I thought the punch was horrible. The guy needs to work on his accuracy, which is not a good look considering his opponent wasn't paying attention and was standing completely still. When you get a running start (and he at least put his body into it) on an opponent who isn't aware of an impending attack and is standing still for you, the guy should be on the ground without question. That's shameful and I would call him the P* word you used not because he sucker punched someone but because he clearly blew his load too early.

I would guess that most people who throw sucker punches probably aren't very good in a fair fight, which is why they throw sucker punches in the first place.

Oh there's some real good sucker punchers out there. But you're right.

Exhibit A:

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-01-30, 20:34

xsanguine wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Exhibit A:

I'm not proud of how entertained I was by that. Some of those I wouldn't call sucker punches (the ones where two people are both squared up in essentially fighting poses and facing each other while talking shit). Much of that was obviously a bit disturbing. But I was totally enthralled man, just trying to guess which person was about to get hit in each new clip, and trying to guess whether or not the sucker puncher was gonna come from off screen.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-30, 20:44

Cameron wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Exhibit A:

I'm not proud of how entertained I was by that. Some of those I wouldn't call sucker punches (the ones where two people are both squared up in essentially fighting poses and facing each other while talking shit). Much of that was obviously a bit disturbing. But I was totally enthralled man, just trying to guess which person was about to get hit in each new clip, and trying to guess whether or not the sucker puncher was gonna come from off screen.

Breaking:. Six killed in mass shooting at Quebec city Mosque 502811600

I find them entertaining, too. I may not be a connoisseur of coffee but I am of World Star Hip Hop. Something about watching people duke it out that's exciting. I'm a big fan of the Irish gypsy youtube fights, too. Really good stuff out there.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-31, 07:36

more white people have killed Muslims in the last 36 hours than refugees have killed Americans in 20+ years.

nothing to see here...

Breaking:. Six killed in mass shooting at Quebec city Mosque Suspect-bissonnette0130nw1

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-02, 07:44

bump..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-06-18, 12:41

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Sincerely,

Republicans.

Bump
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-06-18, 12:52

Herbie Green wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Sincerely,

Republicans.

Bump

Hi Herbie, I wasn't a mod when these comments were made. Even if I was, I only sent out a warning to everybody this past Thursday. Do you have any of these comments you'd like to bump since then? Let me know.

Happy hunting in the history of this board.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-06-18, 19:19

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Bump

Hi Herbie, I wasn't a mod when these comments were made. Even if I was, I only sent out a warning to everybody this past Thursday. Do you have any of these comments you'd like to bump since then? Let me know.

Please provide moderater start date and link to warning
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-06-18, 21:21

Herbie Green wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Please provide moderater start date and link to warning

Nah, you're doing so good with your own investigation. I want to see where it takes you without my influence. You could say I'm refusing myself.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down