Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Outraged Are You By the Release of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl?

+8
Jake from State Farm
Pervis Muldoon
DITKA
Hut1hut2
xsanguine
Narwhal
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
12 posters

Go down

How Outraged Are You By the Release of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl? Empty How Outraged Are You By the Release of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl?

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:10 pm

below are the various levels of outrage you can assign your particular emotion to:

1. Arugula level
2. Death Panel level
3. Fat Black Woman Who Is Proud of America for the First Time level
4. Cling to Guns and Religion level
5. If I Had a Son, He Would Look Like Trayvon level
6. Spent $300,00,000,000,000,000,000 to Take His Fat Wife and Children to Hawaii level
7. Ordered Mustard on a Cheeseburger level
8. IRS Scandal level
9. That Picture of Him Riding a Bike level
10. No American Flag Lapel Pin level
11. Fast and Furious level
12. Obamacare... OBAMACARE!! level

and.. finally.. the most egregious, "my god has forsaken me", blindingly frightening and neurologically crippling level known to all carbon-based forms of life..

13. Benghazi level

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

How Outraged Are You By the Release of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl? Empty Re: How Outraged Are You By the Release of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl?

Post by Rocinante Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:32 pm

It's really a no lose for him. I mean, legally, he should have talked to congress. Pragmatically, he figured (probably rightly so) that it would turn into a shit show and he'd lose the chance.

I will say this, when people say that 1). that this now sets a precedent that it is profitable to actively attempt to capture american forces for ransom, and 2). that we are sending "dangerous men" back onto the field of battle, that is the dumbest shit I've ever heard. First, You don't think that they've BEEN trying to capture Americans the entire time we've had troops there? Second, the wars are over, dudes. American troops aren't heading off into battle without extraordinary circumstances so the opportunities for capture are rapidly diminishing.

So bottom line for me: I don't like the president circumventing the law, but I understand why he did it in this case. If I were a Republican, I'd probably privately express some anger over it, but publicly, they've got little to say without looking like douchebags.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

How Outraged Are You By the Release of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl? Empty Re: How Outraged Are You By the Release of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl?

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:38 pm

Rocinante wrote:It's really a no lose for him.  I mean, legally, he should have talked to congress.  Pragmatically, he figured (probably rightly so) that it would turn into a shit show and he'd lose the chance.  

I will say this, when people say that 1). that this now sets a precedent that it is profitable to actively attempt to capture american forces for ransom, and 2). that we are sending "dangerous men" back onto the field of battle, that is the dumbest shit I've ever heard.  First, You don't think that they've BEEN trying to capture Americans the entire time we've had troops there?  Second, the wars are over, dudes.  American troops aren't heading off into battle without extraordinary circumstances so the opportunities for capture are rapidly diminishing.

So bottom line for me: I don't like the president circumventing the law, but I understand why he did it in this case.  If I were a Republican, I'd probably privately express some anger over it, but publicly, they've got little to say without looking like douchebags.
I don't really disagree...

it's just fun watching republicans and this week's version of "Name That Outrage".. they'll be something new next week..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Narwhal Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:49 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:below are the various levels of outrage you can assign your particular emotion to:

1. Arugula level
2. Death Panel level
6. Spent $300,00,000,000,000,000,000 to Take His Fat Wife and Children to Hawaii level
8. IRS Scandal level

and.. finally.. the most egregious, "my god has forsaken me", blindingly frightening and neurologically crippling level known to all carbon-based forms of life..

13. Benghazi level

14/15. ACORN/Solyndra level
Narwhal
Narwhal
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:03 pm

lol
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Hut1hut2 Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:13 pm

This is pretty bad, again this could of been done years ago so the timing is suspect.

How many terrorists did Clinton trade with?
Hut1hut2
Hut1hut2
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DITKA Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:13 pm

Obama being Obama. As in a turrible president. /ThatsRacist #DontForceMeToSellMyUserName
DITKA
DITKA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:22 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:below are the various levels of outrage you can assign your particular emotion to:

1. Arugula level
2. Death Panel level
8. IRS Scandal level

13. Benghazi level

You completely misrepresented the legitimate conservative outrage over Obama. It wasn't just any mustard; it was super-fancy, elitist mustard. I hope you're proud of yourself.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:44 am

I'll take outrage number 7 Bob, and please add a deserter to that order.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:55 am

Pervis Muldoon wrote:

You completely misrepresented the legitimate  conservative outrage over Obama.  It wasn't just any mustard; it was super-fancy, elitist mustard.  I hope you're proud of yourself.
yeah, good point..

it wasn't good 'ol 'Murican mustard.. who does that high-falutin' black boy think he is?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:56 am

Jake from State Farm wrote:I'll take outrage number 7 Bob, and please add a deserter to that order.
mmmm.. deserter...

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:04 pm

These are both really good articles.  I still support bringing him back to the U.S. even if it's to stand trial.  Unfortunately, we live in a society where people think it's okay to wish death on someone and those people will crawl out of the woodwork, no doubt.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/03/opinion/answering-questions-about-a-prisoner-of-wars-disappearance.html?_r=0

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/americas-last-prisoner-of-war-20120607
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Hut1hut2 Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:14 pm

The rolling stone article was pretty solid

No trade should of been nade
Hut1hut2
Hut1hut2
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:51 pm

Hut1hut2 wrote:The rolling stone article was pretty solid

No trade should of been nade
so you're right around mustard on cheeseburger level?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:00 pm

poor republicans.. advocating to "do all we can" to rescue Bergdahl way back on May 22nd..  How Outraged Are You By the Release of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl? 1966794946 

http://www.ayotte.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=1439
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by bullwrinkle Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:24 pm

Apparently 6 soldiers were killed searching for this deserter. Now that's 2 more than the embassy staff, but hopefully still a small enough number that Bobby can joke about their deaths too.
bullwrinkle
bullwrinkle
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:30 pm

bullwrinkle wrote:Apparently 6 soldiers were killed searching for this deserter.  Now that's 2 more than the embassy staff, but hopefully still a small enough number that Bobby can joke about their deaths too.
you seem to be hovering right around "if I had a son he would look like Trayvon" level..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by bullwrinkle Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:44 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
you seem to be hovering right around "if I had a son he would look like Trayvon" level..

I defer to your expertise. No one seems to know more about how much outrage others feel than you. I guess that's why you got your own forum, and I'm just a lowly serf.
bullwrinkle
bullwrinkle
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:58 pm

bullwrinkle wrote:

I defer to your expertise.  No one seems to know more about how much outrage others feel than you.  I guess that's why you got your own forum, and I'm just a lowly serf.
thanks, man..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:02 pm

1. Arugula level
2. Death Panel level
8. IRS Scandal level

13. Benghazi level

13  How Outraged Are You By the Release of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl? 1896033241 Obama is such a little bitch, completely owned by fucking losers with masks on.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:11 pm

SpartanDawgs265 wrote:

13  How Outraged Are You By the Release of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl? 1896033241 Obama is such a little bitch, completely owned by fucking losers with masks on.

Let's leave nedgo out of this.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:46 am

NigelUno wrote:

Let's leave nedgo out of this.
 How Outraged Are You By the Release of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl? 1966794946 

someone told me that he's a great guy to have a beer with..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:40 am

He was promoted?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:09 pm

bullwrinkle wrote:Apparently 6 soldiers were killed searching for this deserter.  Now that's 2 more than the embassy staff, but hopefully still a small enough number that Bobby can joke about their deaths too.

2 things: X: Not established definitively he was a deserter. He had walked off post before and came back, X+1: No one left behind.

Possibly a bad solder. Possibly a deserter. Possibly not the most emotionally stable person on earth.

Any one of those things mean you abandon him on the field of battle?

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:35 pm

Rocinante wrote:

2 things:  X: Not established definitively he was a deserter. He had walked off post before and came back, X+1: No one left behind.

Possibly a bad solder.  Possibly a deserter.  Possibly not the most emotionally stable person on earth.  

be careful.. you might cause the republican party to bust a spring in the part of their brain responsible for processing "moral and intellectual consistency"...

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by bullwrinkle Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:51 pm

Rocinante wrote:

2 things:  X: Not established definitively he was a deserter. He had walked off post before and came back, X+1: No one left behind.

Possibly a bad solder.  Possibly a deserter.  Possibly not the most emotionally stable person on earth.  

First - he was a deserter. You wander off from Fort Bragg or Camp Pendleton, you don't "wander off" in a war zone. Second - I fully support Obama swapping those dirtbags to get him back. Third - I object to the Obama administration or anyone else referring to this deserter as a hero. Last - hopefully they will have the balls to fully investigate and then court martial and dishonorably discharge him. There is no point in him doing any time in the brig. But out of respect to the vast majority of soldiers who served honorably, that's what should be done.
bullwrinkle
bullwrinkle
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:06 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
be careful.. you might cause the republican party to bust a spring in the part of their brain responsible for processing "moral and intellectual consistency"...

Oliver North is the full on incarnation of that concept Bob. As one of my friends put it: "The irony isn't even funny anymore."
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:42 pm

Rocinante wrote:

Oliver North is the full on incarnation of that concept Bob.  As one of my friends put it: "The irony isn't even funny anymore."
isn't a hero of the American right and a "Fox News Contributor"?

if so, when will this Bergdahl guy get his own show on Fox News?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by b0b Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:32 pm

Looks like lefties should avoid anything starting with "Be..."
b0b
b0b
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:35 pm

b0b wrote:Looks like lefties should avoid anything starting with "Be..."
did you just ask me to bend over for you?

Shocked 
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:07 pm

One more to add to your list Bob, gum chewing. Oh the horrors.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/6/obama-chews-gum-d-day-ceremonies-twitter-outrage/
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonGuy Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:38 pm

I think it was a double cross. While "the Taliban five" were sleeping we lojaked their sorry asses. That's right...their asses are beeping like your cell phone going off on NSA screens across the nation. Barry is going to be playing a "video game" while on yet another trip to the arcade next to the beach when in fact he will be controlling Hellfire missles mounted on drones. It's a double cross I tell ya!
MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down